PDA

View Full Version : Eratta Link?

Blyte
2015-04-11, 12:16 PM
Does anyone have a link to a well organized compilation of player's handbook errata?

Or at least have warlock errata specifically? I remember reading there was errata/update to the invocations list, dealing with the spell Hex (where the spell would scale in damage with level), and perhaps more.

pwykersotz
2015-04-11, 12:36 PM
To the best of my knowledge there is no errata yet. However, there are clarifications.

http://www.sageadvice.eu/

ChubbyRain
2015-04-11, 12:42 PM
You know what would be awesome... A PHB that has places for notes that one could write in. Say each race or class has them and then maybe every so many pages when it comes to other stuff.

This way we can keep up directly with errata... I mean it isn't like there is a media type out there that would allow you do do the same thing even easier and could even be uploaded as a patch or something to make the notes auto load or whatever...

:smallannoyed:

cobaltstarfire
2015-04-11, 12:52 PM
You know what would be awesome... A PHB that has places for notes that one could write in. Say each race or class has them and then maybe every so many pages when it comes to other stuff.

This way we can keep up directly with errata... I mean it isn't like there is a media type out there that would allow you do do the same thing even easier and could even be uploaded as a patch or something to make the notes auto load or whatever...

:smallannoyed:

I've thought of doing something like this with my 3.5 PHB. Mostly as a test. Although I think I'd probably do it with a mix of sticky notes, printed pages and tape covering up the parts that have been changed. (reason why I'd use my 3.5...I have no intention of playing 3.5 again, so it can be a good learning experience for if/when I have to update my 5e PHB in a similar fashion).

Personally the feeling of writing on a glossy finish makes my skin craw.

They do at least have the basic rules, patchy as they are.

jkat718
2015-04-11, 01:18 PM
@cobaltstarfire: I believe ChubbyRain was referring to the lack of PDF support for PHBs. What I did was scan in my PHB into PDF form (and no, I will not send you a copy of the PDF), and then go through the entirety of the Sage Advice website (sageadvice.eu), copying the tweets in, and color-coding them by houserule, errata, intention, etc.

cobaltstarfire
2015-04-11, 01:30 PM
@cobaltstarfire: I believe ChubbyRain was referring to the lack of PDF support for PHBs. .

I am aware of that.

jkat718
2015-04-11, 01:37 PM
I am aware of that.

Just making sure. :smallsmile:

Blyte
2015-04-11, 02:01 PM
someone posted a link to a set of errata/updates and I specifically remember it including an invocation which would bolster hex, allowing it to scale in d6s every 4 lvls or so.. it wasn't advice, it seemed it was an actual legitimate update. It may have been posted on sage advice, but it had actual developer roots it seemed.

Chronos
2015-04-11, 02:05 PM
An invocation that boosts Hex is definitely not anything official, and even if it were, it wouldn't be in errata. Errata is for fixing mistakes, not for adding new material. What you found was homebrew. And just in case you found it where I suspect you did, dandwiki is not in any way, shape, or form official, and is notorious for being extremely poorly balanced.

ChubbyRain
2015-04-11, 02:52 PM
@cobaltstarfire: I believe ChubbyRain was referring to the lack of PDF support for PHBs. What I did was scan in my PHB into PDF form (and no, I will not send you a copy of the PDF), and then go through the entirety of the Sage Advice website (sageadvice.eu), copying the tweets in, and color-coding them by houserule, errata, intention, etc.

See, for those of us that have no clue how to do that... I would live a base program that would do that.

Or even an instruction guide would be nice, I have free time on my hands after all lol.

I am aware of that.

Just making sure. :smallsmile:

Yeah, I should have been a bit more specific but wotc utter fear of the modern age bugs me and makes me laugh.

Blyte
2015-04-11, 03:19 PM
An invocation that boosts Hex is definitely not anything official, and even if it were, it wouldn't be in errata. Errata is for fixing mistakes, not for adding new material. What you found was homebrew. And just in case you found it where I suspect you did, dandwiki is not in any way, shape, or form official, and is notorious for being extremely poorly balanced.

The reference I was referring to had both errata AND updates. It had both fixes and new invocations listed in the link. That is why I continually said "errata/updates".. I am aware of the difference.

jkat718
2015-04-11, 03:48 PM
Blyte, was this a post on the forums? Because I remember someone posted a huge long list of changes he made to the Warlock for his table, put in a spoiler because it was off-topic. Is that what you're thinking of? Because I can see how one could confuse it for errata/updates, but it was pure houserules.

Blyte
2015-04-11, 05:25 PM
Possibly, but it seemed pretty official, with reference links. (If memory serves)

Really wish I'd book marked it.

zoltar
2015-04-11, 06:04 PM
To the best of my knowledge there is no errata yet. However, there are clarifications.

http://www.sageadvice.eu/

Thanks pwykersotz,

If you prefer there's my FB page

https://www.facebook.com/sageadvice.eu

It’s a little different from http://www.sageadvice.eu because we can discuss Questions&Answers from D&D Designers tweets.
Sage advice on FB is like a sandbox where Players and Dungeon Masters can pick up comments on options and rules variants for their adventures.

I added some nice pictures for every post, personal insights and I’ll try to answer you but remember: I’m not a Dungeons&Dragons designer, I’m just a librarian that collects and study designers answers of the best game ever made.

King regards

Zoltar the Sage