PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Flavorful Magic Items (NO PUNS ALLOWED)

Genth
2015-04-11, 03:46 PM
So starting a new campaign with a fun concept- the party are all going to be criminals/villains who have banded together to form a Fake Good Party, so that they can get all of those well-paid jobs that only 'Good' parties get.

My character is the one who's brought all of these people together. She is a Shapeshifter (Heavily refluffed Kitsune) [Insert Refluffed Name Here] (Heavily Refluffed Ninja), who's main schtick is disguising herself as other people, getting close to her target, and then stabbing them with hidden weapons galore.

We are starting at level 3, and the DM has a policy where we have both WBL to get 'normal stuff' that our character concepts need, but ALSO one 'flavorful' magic item. The principle being is that the magic item can be any one (within reason - ones that would cost hundreds of thousands probably are out :p) which doesn't give a *massive* advantage to the character but is different, fun and flavorful.

Any ideas?

For example, I've considered a Vanishing Sheath for that *really surprising* stab.

Genth
2015-04-11, 03:55 PM
Oh, and I can probably swing a custom magic item if I can think of an interesting concept.

Ryulin18
2015-04-11, 05:22 PM
An entirely crystal stiletto (basically invisible)?

Necromancy
2015-04-12, 10:56 AM
Volo's guide to all things Magical!
D&D 2nd Ed Forgotten Realms supplement

Among its pages are several special metal alloys. You probably don't have access to a copy, but everything you need is right here.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Zardazik

As an assassin looking for low cost fluff, this is the best.

Secret Wizard
2015-04-12, 12:20 PM
- Alarm Cloak: A magical cloak that can be used to grant you a Perception and Sense Motive bonus for a minute, any combat consumes this bonus and grants you +4 initiative - or can be used to shut off any magical alarm.

atemu1234
2015-04-13, 12:30 PM
Oh, and I can probably swing a custom magic item if I can think of an interesting concept.

An amulet of alacrity, which was in the shape of a gilded Cockroach.

Powerdork
2015-04-14, 07:35 AM
Sleeves of many garments (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/sleeves-of-many-garments). Fun item.