PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Carceri (Prison Plane, DMG pg. 63)

ChubbyRain
2015-04-11, 03:51 PM
So has anyone built this Prison Plane? If not what would be necessary for this plane to come to completion, as in, what would be needed to make a plane such as Carceri?

List
1: Optional Rule: Prison Plane
2: Secret Ways Out
3: Six Layers (Some that have magic to make you think you found your way out)

Any movies or books worth specific mention?

Perhaps some sort of planar feature that screws with the PC's bonds, goals, or flaws?

JAL_1138
2015-04-11, 04:36 PM
2e Planescape had a supplement for each set of planes (Planes of Law, Planes of Chaos, Planes of Conflict, and I think Guide to Hell, may have been called The Blood War too). Wizards might have them as pdfs on DnDClassics; they're hard-to-find and expensive in dead-tree format though.

critter3of4
2015-04-11, 05:03 PM
Any movies or books worth specific mention?

How about Inception?

The physical body of a "Prisoner" may be anywhere, but their essence (life force, soul, or whatever) is stuck in Carceri.

ChubbyRain
2015-04-11, 05:39 PM
How about Inception?

The physical body of a "Prisoner" may be anywhere, but their essence (life force, soul, or whatever) is stuck in Carceri.

Nah. Besides how cheesy that movie is, in D&D you can physically go to these places and just sending your spirit kinda cheapens the story a bit and doesn't fit in with the idea of plane hoping all that much.

Sullivan
2015-04-11, 05:57 PM
I did this for a champaign and did a dante's inferno kind of thing. The lower you go the more surreal and dangerous it gets. The first level was a giant city and the next was a jungle. I tried to give the layers an overarching theme, like the city was wealth, the jungle was survival. It didn't really come off quite like I wanted, but it was a cool place that was revisited a few times in the campaign.