PDA

View Full Version : DM Help I have an Idea for module jumping as part of a Pathfinder adventure... Please Help

anoblewolf
2015-04-12, 02:21 AM
Thank you all in advance for you time and help.

I am relatively new to the role of Game Master and have been asked to run an adventure for a group that has little to no experience with role playing. Thus my reliance on premade modules.

I just had an Idea for an Adventure in the world of Pathfinder. The Idea is that the players must travel through a collection of paintings or books (each of which will be a different module) to either collect items or clues to solve the mystery of the over all adventure.

I am looking for a 6 to 10 modules that would be for one a good way to get my players hooked on role playing as well as being simple for a new GM to run. But also be the adventures within each book or painting.

I am unsure of the setting, possibly a wizards tower or a mysterious mansion or a library.

Overall Story: Possibly all the books have the same author who is missing and the books will lead to his whereabouts. Possibly the murder of a person who in an attempt to flee his adversary leads him through a collection of painting where clues can be found that will allow the players to bring the murder to justice. Possibly within this collection of books or paintings lay the clues to an ancient treasure or power.

Start: Possibly the players are called upon by a friend or family member of the missing or deceased or possibly even the person that the missing person is hiding from. Possibly the group is tricked and the only way to free themselves is by traveling through these books or paintings. Possibly the player a trick into thinking that they are on a rescue mission when in reality they are unknowingly freeing an evil demon.

Thank you for you time and any ideas or thoughts you may have.