PDA

View Full Version : mixing niches

nintendoh
2015-04-12, 02:59 AM
Ok, so I started a thread earlier about helping me make a Deadpool 3.5 character. What I got in return was awesome, but this is where I need opinions. Right now my party is three level tens. A warforged artificer, iron man, a psion metashaper, green lantern and deadpool. We just started and were immediately pulled into the Shivering Isles by Sheogorath....He didnt need a reason. During the ensuing tea party with sheo the Space marines attacked. While I appreciate the creativity and the opportunity to destroy some Slanesshi pansies What your opinion of mixing games together like that.

Karl Aegis
2015-04-12, 03:32 AM
Ok, so i started a thread earlier about helping me make a Deadpool 3.5 character. What i got in return was awesome, but this in where i need opinions. Right now my party is three level tens. A warforged artificer, iron man. A psion metashaper, green lantern. And deadpool, lots of stuff. We just started and Were immediately pulled into the shivering isles by sheogorath....He didnt need a reason. During the ensuing tea party with sheo the Space marines attacked. While i appreciate the Creativity and the opportunity to destroy some slanesshi pansies What your opinion of mixing games togeth like that.

What is this translated into English? This is utterly incoherent.

nintendoh
2015-04-12, 04:18 AM
What is this translated into English? This is utterly incoherent.

So I threw some capital letters in there and condensed a sentence. Happy or are you still having trouble reading?

gooddragon1
2015-04-12, 04:40 AM
Hmm, I guess that's possible with 3.5 and other versions of d&d. It might mean the DM isn't as used to making world settings as other DMs. As such they're borrowing elements from other games. I did this by sending a party into a super mario land portrait once. I didn't refer to the monsters by exactly the same name, but some of the players got the idea of what was going on.

nintendoh
2015-04-12, 08:24 AM
was Bowser a dire tortoise?

Inevitability
2015-04-12, 08:29 AM
was Bowser a dire tortoise?

Anthropomorphic dire tortoise would be more likely.

ShurikVch
2015-04-12, 08:54 AM
Anthropomorphic dire tortoise would be more likely.
Anthropomorphic Dire Tortoise Half-Dragon

gooddragon1
2015-04-12, 03:58 PM
Didn't go that far, but I did make goomba plant monsters based of srd Orcs, a sort of bomb construct that worked like that one demi-boss sonic fights [also had vector man's floating orbs for limbs connected by energy in the way of arms] which is the container of animals which animates itself but also blows up on death (red circles illuminated on the ground while the monster started glowing red/gave the archer to participate even with its DR 15/adamantine by allowing shots into the areas where the arms came out to reduce it's combat abilities and damage it), Also made a gerudo based off a dire wereboar that was permanently in that form. Oh and someone mentioned a reflux save instead of a reflex save so I made an acid reflux elemental (they had to make fort saves when nearby or take acid damage from acid reflux). Yeah, that was a wacky game.

atemu1234
2015-04-13, 12:10 PM
Anthropomorphic Dire Tortoise Half-Dragon

With a Wand of Wish.