PDA

View Full Version : Wolfcop (film)

Giggling Ghast
2015-04-12, 01:24 PM
Doing my very small part as a Canadian horror fan to spread the word about this movie, which is available on Netflix and XBox Video.

Wolfcop is a (very) low-budget horror comedy about an alcoholic small-town cop who is transformed into a heroic werewolf via a Satanic ritual. Imagine Robocop, but with less angst and more heads being torn off.

I watched this last night. It was a lot of fun! If you like B-movie schlock, I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Bhu
2015-04-14, 11:19 PM
I have it on order, am looking forward to it.

Killer Angel
2015-04-15, 06:12 AM
Judging from the trailer, it seems a masterpiece! :smallbiggrin:

Giggling Ghast
2015-04-15, 05:15 PM
Judging from the trailer, it seems a masterpiece! :smallbiggrin:

I wouldn't go that far, but it's far superior to the rather tepid Sharknado and its ilk. Plus, it seems to be getting sequels.

Muz
2015-04-18, 12:25 AM
Wow, really? I saw the title card on Netflix and laughed, thinking it had to be awful. But now I'll have to give it a shot.
:smallsmile:

Rodin
2015-04-18, 04:12 AM
...what did I just watch? :smallconfused:

It was pretty epic, I have to say. You weren't kidding when you said it was a schlocky horror film.

It's what I came for, and it didn't disappoint. While Sharknado was an attempt to deliberately make a horror movie that's not really a horror movie but a comedy by way of So Bad It's Good (which I feel it succeeded at, mostly, apart from bits where it was just plain So Bad), Wolfcop is actually a genuinely good movie that just utterly revels in campiness.

Is...is the werewolf using an MP40? Why is he using an MP40?? Why did a redneck drug stooge even BRING an MP40 to a Werewolf hunt????

Also, werewolf sex. Now there's a mental image I'm not getting out of my head anytime soon.

Thanks for the recommendation. It's a movie that I probably wouldn't have touched with a 10-foot pole based on the title alone, but I really enjoyed that.

Giggling Ghast
2015-04-18, 11:49 AM
Bit of a stealth pun there, I suspect, since the MP40 was a German WW2 gun and Operation Werewolf was a slightly infamous (though not particularly effective) Nazi stratagem for continued resistance.

And yeah, that sex scene was ... something, but props to the filmmakers for getting the rights to "Moonlight Desires."