PDA

View Full Version : 13th Age race suggestions

Talon Sky
2015-04-12, 09:17 PM
Howdy everyone. I'm in a bit of a pickle here, and thought I might pick the brains of my fellow Playground peers.

So today, a friend of mine has invited me to join up in his 13th Age game, which all of my friends that are in it are very into. The campaign's been going on for years now (converted from a 4th ed game) and so, the DM has a special requirement for my character. In order to explain my character's sudden presence, I need to play something that doesn't need to eat. I'm not entirely sure WHY, but I'm assuming it's because they're going to find me locked away somewhere.

Problem is, I've never played 13th Age before, so my brain is currently stumped for creative ideas. The only thing I can think of is Warforged, which is fine and all. But I was just wondering if anyone had any more suggestions? Like I said, Warforged is fine and good, but it isn't quite sparking my creative side.

UrsusMimas
2015-04-13, 02:53 AM
Or play whatever you want and have your OUT have to do with not eating. Though honestly your DM needs to give you more info about the campaign.

johnbragg
2015-04-13, 05:46 AM
Back in the days of 2nd edition I DM'ed an NPC who was assumed to be (and thought he was) a gully dwarf with a Ring of Regeneration, but was in fact a polymorphed troll. (For the new kids, in 2nd edition if you were polymorphed you had a % chance of losing your personality and taking on the personality of your new form, and as DM I decreed that he muffed the roll. Mainly I wanted a gully dwarf to annoy the PCs who wouldn't die instantly.)

CLoser to 3E, Ring of Sustenance?

Your OUT could be that you are (or were) in fact some kind of creature who that doesn't need to eat, but have been magicked into a low-LA race.

Talon Sky
2015-04-13, 06:19 AM
Those are both....very awesome suggestions actually. Thank you. I had forgotten entirely about the one unique thing mechanic.

Maglubiyet
2015-04-13, 06:24 AM
An Awakened Skeleton.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-04-14, 02:19 PM
Yeah, the One Unique Thing is an easy solution. :smallsmile:

Gritmonger
2015-04-15, 10:26 PM
7th Level Transmutation - Sequester - awaken condition is "when what you're in is opened" - otherwise you are ageless, asleep, invisible, and undetectable with divination magic. Be (anybody): a refugee from another time!

Also ends if you take any damage (AOE spells, anyone?)