View Full Version : D20 sniper build

Nosta
2015-04-12, 11:58 PM
I am trying to milk the most damage out of a sniper as possible
the character level for this 10
the build is 3 level fast hero/ 7 levels gunslinger
i'll be using a 50 cal sniper rifle that deals 2d13

I should have 14 feats
i need to know what ones to take to deal the most damage either by one or more attacks

also is there any type of bullets that i can use to deal more damage

please and thank you

Jeraa
2015-04-13, 02:03 AM
I am trying to milk the most damage out of a sniper as possible
the character level for this 10
the build is 3 level fast hero/ 7 levels gunslinger
i'll be using a 50 cal sniper rifle that deals 2d13

I should have 14 feats
i need to know what ones to take to deal the most damage either by one or more attacks

No you don't. You have 4 from being a 10th level character and 1 for being human (already added into the level chart. 1 from your second Fast Hero level and 2 more bonus feats from your Gunslinger levels, for a total of 8 feats.

Double Tap lets you fire 2 bullets as a single attack. Deals +1 die of damage (so 3d12 with the 0.50 cal), but gives a -2 to hit. That seems to be the only feat to increase your damage. (Also Point Blank Shot, but only within 30 feet.)

Improving accuracy does increase an attacks damage, but does help make a shot hit. Dead Aim, Far Shot, Precise Shot, and Weapon Focus all do something to increase accuracy. (Again, Point Blank Shot, but only within 30 feet.)

also is there any type of bullets that i can use to deal more damage

Not in the main rulebook. D20 Future has some alternate ammo, but I don't think any of it increases damage.

Berenger
2015-04-13, 04:59 AM
There may also be one additional feat granted by a starting occupation.

Ammo: http://www.d20resources.com/arcana.d20.srd/equipment/ammunition.php

Maglubiyet
2015-04-13, 05:01 AM
I should have 14 feats

That must be a typo.

Berenger
2015-04-13, 05:43 AM
There is also the Tracer advanced class. A two level dip grants full BAB progression, Target Species for +2 damage and Swift Strike for +1d6 sneak attack damage (works at unlimited range!). But you'd need a starting occupation that grants Investigation and Survival als class skills.

http://www.d20resources.com/future.d20.srd/classes/tracer.php

Jeraa
2015-04-13, 10:20 AM
Don't forget about the Massive Damage rules. Anytime a creature takes damage greater than his Constitution score, they need to make a DC 15 Fortitude save or immediately drop to -1 hit points. With the 0.50 cal, you are already doing an average of 13 damage (26 on a crit), which is enough to take out most people. With Double Tap, that raises to an average of 19.5 damage (or 39 damage on a crit).