PDA

View Full Version : touch of benevolence

jabberwocky9
2015-04-12, 11:59 PM
TOUCH OF BENEVOLENCE Despite your evil alignment, you are prone to moments of benevolence and mercy. Prerequisites: Any evil alignment. Benefit: Although you are evil and spells such as detect evil reveal your true alignment, you have a 50% chance of ignoring any effect that specifically targets or damages evil creatures. Special: To keep this feat, a character must demonstrate periodic acts of kindness and mercy. A DM can revoke this feat if the character fails to act in an appropriately conflicted manner.

Can someone explain this to me in a different manner. Is it 50% chance of not being affected by spells that damage you if you are of evil alignment? Sorry, just one of those things that I'm not grasping.

holywhippet
2015-04-13, 01:39 AM
It's not just damage, it's anything that specifically has an effect on evil creatures. So if there was something that might stun evil creatures then it has a 50% chance of not working. A paladin's smite evil attack has a 50% chance of not working since it only works on evil creatures.

That being said, I'm not sure how it works for things like the holy word spell which targets non-good creatures rather than evil ones.

I'm also not sure about things like the protection from evil spell since it affects evil creatures but targets someone who wants protection from them.

atemu1234
2015-04-13, 09:28 AM
It's not just damage, it's anything that specifically has an effect on evil creatures. So if there was something that might stun evil creatures then it has a 50% chance of not working. A paladin's smite evil attack has a 50% chance of not working since it only works on evil creatures.

That being said, I'm not sure how it works for things like the holy word spell which targets non-good creatures rather than evil ones.

I'm also not sure about things like the protection from evil spell since it affects evil creatures but targets someone who wants protection from them.

It's a confusing ability. I use it as a 50% chance of being interpreted as a non-evil alignment when it is beneficial.