PDA

View Full Version : personal high speed crafting plane

LairdMaon
2015-04-13, 01:57 AM
Dragonborn Warforged is looking to acquire a personal demiplane with time sped up as fast as possible, or cost efficient, in which to set up it's own workshop/forge.

I just have no idea how to get it done!

Tvtyrant
2015-04-13, 02:03 AM
Get a Scroll of this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/genesis.htm). It should cost you around 29,000 GP but it gets the job done.

LairdMaon
2015-04-13, 02:12 AM
Awesome! How would I, er, the artificer adjust the time trait? And what would the maximum speed be?

Also, would it need a dimension door effect to get there each time?

Tvtyrant
2015-04-13, 02:14 AM
Awesome! How would I, er, the artificer adjust the time trait? And what would the maximum speed be?

Also, would it need a dimension door effect to get there each time?

Manual of the Planes p. 10 has time traits, you set them when you activate the scroll. Maximum speed is 1 round=24 hours.

Plane Shift actually, since it is a separate plane of existence. You can also get to it from the Ethereal, so a ghost could manifest on it.

LairdMaon
2015-04-13, 03:30 AM
Why doesn't every warforged artificer do this? LOL, time doesn't mean much for them.

LairdMaon
2015-04-13, 03:55 AM
I guess the next step would be to acquire an eternal wand of plane shift. Install it into a wand sheath and the character can get to and from it's workshop once a day.

Crake
2015-04-13, 07:57 AM
Why doesn't every warforged artificer do this? LOL, time doesn't mean much for them.

Because it's a 9th level spell. Presumably as an artificer, you'll be crafting the scroll yourself at level 15, meaning it will actually be more like a few thousand GP and 5000xp (thank god for that crafting reserve, eh?), unless your DM is happy to allow 9th level spell scrolls to be available for purchase willy nilly

atemu1234
2015-04-13, 09:11 AM
Manual of the Planes p. 10 has time traits, you set them when you activate the scroll. Maximum speed is 1 round=24 hours.

Plane Shift actually, since it is a separate plane of existence. You can also get to it from the Ethereal, so a ghost could manifest on it.

And that is enough to manufacture a lot of objects.

Because balance. I have no other words for this.