PDA

View Full Version : 1001 Funny Living spells

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-04-14, 07:34 PM
My friend and I were chatting and we kept trying to come up with the funniest effects produced by living spells, we came up with a few. Come up with a few of your own.

1.) Living prestidigitation. A little blob that moves around cleaning, dirtying, changing the colors of things and generally being useless.

2.) Living create water. A clear blob that moves around slowly, randomly producing large amount of water from it's back(going to confuse the party when they see liquids coming out of the back of an ooze being safe to drink).

3.) Living detonate. Need I say more?

13_CBS
2007-04-14, 07:39 PM
4) Living Explosive Runes. Don't look at it!

5) Living Time Stop/Celerity/Haste: A clear blob that moves insanely/incredibly/very fast?

6) Living wish: ...?

7) Living Create Food: Like Living create water, except that bits of food plops out.

Goff
2007-04-14, 08:04 PM
8) Legend Lore/Confusion - A roaming brain-like cloud that befuddles you with its trivia.

9) Tongues/Tasha's Hideous Laughter - A bright pink blob that tells jokes that everybody gets.

10) Living Mage's Magnificent Mansion - A living invisible blob that sucks people into its great mansion interior.

11) Living Hallucinitory Terrain/Song of Discord - The hills are alive - with the sound of music, awful, terrible music.

melchizedek
2007-04-14, 08:11 PM
10 is actually really cool. I would actually consider using that.

JackMage666
2007-04-14, 08:12 PM
12) Living Antimagic Field - It CANNOT exist, but it does! The univers will now implode.

OOTS_Rules.
2007-04-14, 08:32 PM
13) Living Baleful Polymorph - A clear blob that changes anything that it touches.

14) Living Dimension Gate - A clear blob that constantly shifts between dimensions.

JackMage666
2007-04-14, 08:39 PM
15) Living Disentigrate - Clear blob that just goes in a straight line, eliminating all it touches, followed by...

16) Living Make Whole - Fixes what the Living Disentigrate does.

Nahal
2007-04-14, 08:39 PM
17) Living Otto's Irresistible Dance/Ghost Sound. Lays down a beat and gets those white boys a-dancin'

18) Living Slay Living/True Resurrection. Kills you, then raises you, then kills you, then raises you, slowly driving you mad. Also quickest way to qualify for Blood Magus PrC without level loss.

19) Living Cure Serious Wounds. Never carry potions again!

20) Living Iron Body. Only Ooze that can't move.

21) Living Awaken. Singlehandedly responsible for Animal Farm.

22) Living Time Stop. How would this work anyway?

Not a Paladin
2007-04-14, 08:40 PM
21. Living True Seeing. Can't affect anything in any way, but nothing gets past its vision.

22. Living Heroes' Feast. I don't even want to know how that one would work.

23. Living Doom. You have to admit, that would be a really annoying opponent, even though it doesn't actually do anything.

24. Living Darkvision. Actually, a lot of transmutation spells would be funny as living spells.

Wow, there sure are a lot of ninjas here.

The_Werebear
2007-04-14, 08:40 PM
Living Gate- A very large blob from which outsiders are radomly pulled through.

JackMage666
2007-04-14, 08:42 PM
26) Living Glibness - I'm not a blob.

Not a Paladin
2007-04-14, 08:44 PM
29 (I think). Living Greater Invisibility. Harder to Spot than a gelatinous cube, but that's about all it is.

Nahal
2007-04-14, 08:45 PM
Living Gate- A very large blob from which outsiders are radomly pulled through.
I imagine the outsiders would be none too pleased about emerging through an Ooze. Unless they're servants of Juiblex.

asqwasqw
2007-04-14, 08:45 PM
1001? Are there even that many spells?

I like living explosive runes.
DM: Roll Spot
P1: I got a 20!
P2: I got a 1...
DM: Okay, P1 takes 6d6 damage, no save.
P1:...

30) Living Magic Missle: Ow, ow, oh god, it keeps following me, ow.

31) Living web.

32) Living Swarm

Nahal
2007-04-14, 08:46 PM
Living web and living fireball combine into something truly horrible. Or living web loses.

Tiberian
2007-04-14, 08:48 PM
I could see alot of wizards having a living Prestidigation around the tower.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-04-14, 08:48 PM
33.) Living Animate Dead - Black, shining ooze that moves around with it's undead horde. Blob nor zombie smart enough to attack anyone.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-04-14, 08:49 PM
I could see alot of wizards having a living Prestidigation around the tower.
A wizard in my campaign wants a tiny one as a familiar.

asqwasqw
2007-04-14, 08:50 PM
33.) Living Animate Dead - Black, shining ooze that moves around with it's undead horde. Blob nor zombie smart enough to attack anyone.

The funny part is that if you try to kill it and die, you become enchanted by it!

OzymandiasVolt
2007-04-14, 08:51 PM
You guys DO realize that that's not how living spells work, right?

Also, 34) Living Rain of Spines. Ow.

asqwasqw
2007-04-14, 08:52 PM
You guys DO realize that that's not how living spells work, right?

What's the fun in that?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-04-14, 08:55 PM
Hah, here's one I just thought of (sorry for bunching up posts).

35.) Living Apocalypse from the Sky.

OzymandiasVolt
2007-04-14, 08:56 PM
What's the fun in that?

Just checking. :smallwink:

Nahal
2007-04-14, 09:00 PM
A living Heal would work just fine though, aside from being forced to eat undead

Kultrum
2007-04-14, 09:03 PM
36. living keen edge- a very sharp blob

Annarrkkii
2007-04-14, 09:08 PM
Combining two already proposed ones... perhaps living Invisibility/Explosive Runes.

There's something here... we need to see it ::invisibility purge::

YEE GODS!

Mewtarthio
2007-04-14, 09:10 PM
Living Disjunction. You know you want to. Also, it's technically perfectly legal.

I_Got_This_Name
2007-04-14, 09:57 PM
Living Harm/Power Word: Kill.

What? It's funny if you're me.

Also, Living Identify.

Living Mount. Horse-ooze.

And, for the epic spells:
Living Living Lightning, just for the name.

UglyPanda
2007-04-14, 10:07 PM
Living Disjunction: The PCs will hate you for life.

Living mind fog/dancing lights: Forces you to look at the pretty clors.

Living ghost harp (Spell compendium): Best when done in swarms. It's an echo that follows you around.

Living stinking cloud: The smell which won't go away.

Stevenson
2007-04-14, 10:26 PM
Living thunderhead. It just follows people around and zaps them forever!

Pink
2007-04-14, 10:34 PM
Living Blindness: The last thing you see.

Nahal
2007-04-14, 10:35 PM
Living Nightmare/Sleep. Possibly not kosher per RAW, but come on. "GAH! Oh gods I had the worst dream I was being eaten by a spell oh my gods it's real!"

(whack-THUD)

"GAH! Oh gods I had the worst dream I was being eaten by a spell oh my gods..." etc

Just thank the powers that nobody's breaking out the BoEF

Tyrael
2007-04-14, 10:40 PM
NewbQuestion: What IS a Living spell?

MusScribe
2007-04-14, 10:42 PM
Living Enlarge Person?

Living Astral Projection/Etherealness?

Living Zone of Truth (or Living Zone of Silence)?

Walking around, the scout sees the ooze up ahead. He tries to shout for help and nothing comes out.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 10:43 PM

I can do that!

Living Grope, for starters.

Lord Nyax
2007-04-14, 10:45 PM
What would a living Prismatic Sphere look like?
It would be so cool to encounter one of those...

Mewtarthio
2007-04-14, 10:51 PM
Living Nightmare/Sleep. Possibly not kosher per RAW, but come on. "GAH! Oh gods I had the worst dream I was being eaten by a spell oh my gods it's real!"

(whack-THUD)

"GAH! Oh gods I had the worst dream I was being eaten by a spell oh my gods..." etc

"I dreamed that a DROWZEE was eating my dreams. ...Hey, where'd this TM come from?"

A cookie to anyone who actually remembers that line.

...And is that spell from the BoEF real? That's insulting! Seriously, what's the point when you've already got Mage Hand and Telekinesis? Did nobody teach these people Mordenkainen's Law of Spell Efficiency? The inventor of TK spells should seriously consider suing: This is just a bunch of old spells repackaged into something for the foolish teenage wizards! Bah, this world is going completely downhill, and I'm not just talking about the impending demonic invasion... :smallyuk:

Belteshazzar
2007-04-14, 10:53 PM
Living Baleful Polymorph: The city is now the zoo
Living Polymorph Any Object: Welcome to madness
Living Summon Animal: Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger....
Living Unseen Servant: Over-helpful much?
Living Bigby's Hand: "It pimp-smacked me through the wall then just wandered away
Living Knock/ Telekinesis/ and Tenzer's Disk: The ultimate looter

Pink
2007-04-14, 10:53 PM
"I dreamed that a DROWZEE was eating my dreams. ...Hey, where'd this TM come from?"

The guy behind the shrub in Vermillion city of pokemon red/blue. Give me cookie.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 10:57 PM
...And is that spell from the BoEF real? That's insulting! Seriously, what's the point when you've already got Mage Hand and Telekinesis?

Actually, it is different because it transmits the sensations back to the caster. :smalltongue:

Some more:

Living Wet Dreams

Living Seduction

Living Orgasmic Vibrations

Stevenson
2007-04-14, 10:57 PM
A living slay living. Oh, the conundrum madness.

Living contagion-how the black plague happened.

I_Got_This_Name
2007-04-14, 10:58 PM

A template from Eberron. Short form: imput one or more spells, get an ooze that uses the spell whenever it hits anything.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-04-14, 11:16 PM
Living Evard's Black Tentacles. 'Course, this really isn't very strange at all in any Japan-flavored games.

MusScribe
2007-04-14, 11:56 PM
Could you (theoretically) breed living spells? (If nothing else, get a Living Polymorph Any Object and a Living Awaken together with at least one other - the Polymorph makes them animals and the Awaken makes them intelligent...)

If so...

Breed a Living Soul Bind / Wail of the Banshee...

It would be an amazing guardian for a village of Living Spells... Especcially if it's got a Create Greater Undead. (Even if not, having the three of them teaming up would be a dangerous combination...)

Dang... now I'm imagining a party of intelligent Living Spells going out to adventure to save their village from the 'normal' races...

NecroPaladin
2007-04-14, 11:57 PM
Living Evard's Black Tentacles. 'Course, this really isn't very strange at all in any Japan-flavored games.

That and living extend tentacle (it's actually a spell, look it up).

Hmm...well, a living mending would be a teeny lil blob that goes around fixing various small objects without you knowing...

A living animate object would be hellish if it got into your kitchen.

A living ghost candle would be a floating, squishy hand that follows you wherever you go, showing you visions of doom,

And a living cloudkill would effectively be a big, sentient fart.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-04-15, 12:01 AM
Living Tongues.
Can't believe nobody thought of that one.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-15, 12:02 AM
Living Tongues.
Can't believe nobody thought of that one.

Would it just...jibber?

Nahal
2007-04-15, 12:07 AM
Living Teleport for much funny. Especially if it's automatically a mishap.

Living Plane shift for similar evilness.

MusScribe
2007-04-15, 12:08 AM
Living Magic Mouth/Tongues, possibly with Living Permanency...

Talking (probably random combinations of messages) in every language under a specific condition (or, if permanent, it could be constantly randomly speaking)

... Living Feeblemind :)

Ninja Chocobo
2007-04-15, 12:50 AM
Would it just...jibber?
Yes. But everyone would understand it.

melchizedek
2007-04-15, 01:06 AM
Living Alarm: It makes a sound when it hits you
Living Light: It makes you glow

Manir
2007-04-15, 01:13 AM
Living Resurrection: It makes other stuff live.

Turcano
2007-04-15, 01:25 AM
Living Disjunction. You know you want to. Also, it's technically perfectly legal.

Yeah, that's real funny. If you're a Communist.

Living Evard's Black Tentacles. Yeah.

I'm not sure if hold portal is a legal one, but that would probably qualify as the most useless living spell.

Nahal
2007-04-15, 01:34 AM
Not true. Living Light.

Also living Read Magic.

Kyace
2007-04-15, 01:36 AM
Yeah, that's real funny. If you're a Communist.

Living Evard's Black Tentacles. Yeah.

I'm not sure if hold portal is a legal one, but that would probably qualify as the most useless living spell.
Living detect evil/good/magic/thoughts? If it hits you, the mindless blob knows if you're evil or not. At least hold portal does something.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-04-15, 01:49 AM
New one- Living Maze. The single most annoying monster encounter ever devised.

Illiterate Scribe
2007-04-15, 06:22 AM
Living planar bubbles are always fun, especially when you stack the traits.

GolemsVoice
2007-04-15, 09:08 AM
Living Magic Mouth: Annoyance at Elan-Levels
Living Summon Monster: A blob that summons and summons and summons...
Living Speak with dead: Lost in Translation

bosssmiley
2007-04-15, 09:21 AM
Living Defenestrating Sphere. Loves to hurl people skywards.

Belkarseviltwin
2007-04-15, 09:49 AM

And therein lies a tale...

My entry for the "kill elminster" contest on another board was a Living Disjunction with a Vow of Poverty Monk inside it.

NecroPaladin
2007-04-15, 11:10 AM
Living Sphere of Annihilation. It's just like a big floating bluish-black globe that kills EVERYTHING.

Enzario
2007-04-15, 11:25 AM
Living Sphere of Annihilation. It's just like a big floating bluish-black globe that kills EVERYTHING.

But isn't a Sphere of Annihilation an item, not a spell??

anyhoo...

Just thought of an interesting idea: living psionic powers. The spawn of someone's mind that developed basic sentience and now walks the earth. (yes, I know that's what a phthisic is for) Interesting flavor/adventure ideas there.
oooooooh... living fission: it just keeps making more of itself!!! Gaaaah!!!

Mewtarthio
2007-04-15, 11:34 AM
Of course, bear in mind that while you, as the DM, can make whatever Living Spell you want, the CR calculations were balance for AoE spells.

---

Awakened Living Sunburst Radiant Servant of Pelor.

asqwasqw
2007-04-15, 11:46 AM
Awakened Living Sunburst Radiant Servant of Pelor.

My eyes!
Ohh, a small Living erase. Let it get in you spellbook and you are screwed.
Living ventriloquism. No idea how that works, but meh.
Living Zone of Truth. Think of all the fun this would create.

Aquillion
2007-04-15, 12:00 PM
Also, the Wizards website has some examples. See here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ls/20060918a) and the three other pages linked to at the bottom.

Anyway. Living Teleportation Circle is perfectly legal and absurdly annoying.

Living Prismatic Sphere for when you really want to get excessive. It'd be sooo pretty, too...

Living Reverse Gravity. Anything it touches goes flying up into the sky and stays there.

Technically, a Living Mass Invisibility would make anyone or anything it hit invisible. Think of it as a huge ooze going around erasing things.

A Living Forcecage. I'd do this one as a blob with a one-way forcefield inside it; anyone it engulfs is completely stuck until the blob is killed. Ditto for Resilient Sphere.

Living Delayed Blast Fireball: It, um, explodes eventually? I guess, every time it does a slam attack, a bead is left behind that explodes? I don't know about this one at all...

Living Phase Door: Nobody can keep it out. Period.

A Living Circle of Death is actually a way to do most of the Finger of Death-type spells here while following the guidelines.

Living Mass Suggestion. When it hits you, it tells you to do something?

Living Repulsion: An ooze that nobody can approach.

Living Fabricate: When it hits a pile of lumber, it turns it into furniture; when it hits some thread, it turns it into clothes; when it hits a bucket of milk, it turns it into cheese. The most useful horrible blob-monster ever.

Nahal
2007-04-15, 12:31 PM
Living Repulsion: An ooze that nobody can approach.

Living Fabricate: When it hits a pile of lumber, it turns it into furniture; when it hits some thread, it turns it into clothes; when it hits a bucket of milk, it turns it into cheese. The most useful horrible blob-monster ever.

It's a giant icky ooze. Repulsion seems kinda redundant, but still funny. And you'd have to awaken the living fabricate before it could make anything useful what with the craft skill-based checks involved and the subsequent need for an INT score. But it WOULD be hilarious.

What about psionic effects? The single most useless one would be living Trace Teleport, but would the party be tempted to keep an living Tower of Iron Will around?

Neek
2007-04-15, 01:15 PM
Living Genesis... I mean, wtf?

Living Indifference, only because it has a cool name.

Living Summon Instrument. *strikes the ooze* Did it just drop a grand piano?

Living Mass Fly. Defying gravity, anyone?

Larrin
2007-04-15, 01:35 PM
Living greater shadow evocation.....you never know what a hit will bring....and if you're lucky you won't believe it either!

kellandros
2007-04-15, 01:46 PM
Living True Strike?

Bet that one wouldn't live long...

Tack122
2007-04-15, 02:04 PM
Living True Strike?

Bet that one wouldn't live long...

strap it to your fighters back

Deathcow
2007-04-15, 02:46 PM
A living Heal would work just fine though, aside from being forced to eat undead

I actually used an Awakened Living Heal in one of my games- it was the healstick for an army that the PCs were using to invade a Mind Flayer city. The Blood Magus of the army stood at the back next to it so that he could insta-heal from all of the spells he cast that made him lose HP...

...yeah, it was pretty awesome.

Vaynor
2007-04-15, 03:12 PM
Living Cake Summoning!: As create food, but it creates cake! Best. Monster. Ever.

P.S. You defeat it by eating it's cake! Tasty XP!

Epiphanis
2007-04-15, 03:16 PM
Living Buzzing Bee. Not particularly dangerous, but extremely annoying.

Living Revenance. It attacks you, kills you, then brings you back stronger.

Living Lastai's Caress. The ultimate hippie monster. Like, peace and love, man.

Vaynor
2007-04-15, 05:50 PM
Easy dragon:

Step 1: Living Greater Fly.
Step 2: Awaken a half-dragon (silver) whale
Step 3: Have whale swallow the ooze, keeping it in it's mouth
Step 4: AWOOOOOOO*firebreath*OOOOOOO

EvilElitest
2007-04-15, 06:04 PM

...And is that spell from the BoEF real? That's insulting! Seriously, what's the point when you've already got Mage Hand and Telekinesis? Did nobody teach these people Mordenkainen's Law of Spell Efficiency? The inventor of TK spells should seriously consider suing: This is just a bunch of old spells repackaged into something for the foolish teenage wizards! Bah, this world is going completely downhill, and I'm not just talking about the impending demonic invasion... :smallyuk:

1. I got that reference, i have the shame to get a cookie
2 yeah...............
from,
EE

the_tick_rules
2007-04-15, 06:31 PM
living spell of create water. or heroes feast, just food and tables falling out all over the place.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-04-15, 06:33 PM
living spell of create water. or heroes feast, just food and tables falling out all over the place.
That's in my original post.

Edit: The create water part anyway. Woops.

Black Mage
2007-04-15, 06:51 PM
Living Meteor Swarm: :smalleek:
Living Iceberg: :smalleek:

Balls of fire and huge chunks of ice falling from the sky everywhere they go...

Innis Cabal
2007-04-15, 07:38 PM
it was mentioned but bears repeating...living wish and miracle togather

OOTS_Rules.
2007-04-15, 08:12 PM
Living Wish: Now fantasies of Genies in bottles can come true without you pissing off a Djinni.

clockwork warrior
2007-04-15, 08:21 PM
surprised i didnt see this one

living geas/quest
a blob that slaps you around and then you have the sudden urge to go and do a random quest....

Vaynor
2007-04-15, 08:30 PM
surprised i didnt see this one

living geas/quest
a blob that slaps you around and then you have the sudden urge to go and do a random quest....

Even better, geas 'em to attack their allies.

kellandros
2007-04-15, 10:45 PM
Living grease? No one can touch it.

I also seem to recall 2nd Ed. Wild Magic had something similar- on a wild surge, one possibility is that the spell you tried to cast comes to life. And then there is a spell that is used to trigger wild surges in the first place. That led to an interesting stack of 30+ random effects, especially after the third roll of becomes a living spell.

Dareon
2007-04-16, 04:02 AM
Living Winged Watcher. ...It's an owl with the Gelatinous template.

Picasso007
2007-04-16, 04:56 AM
Hmmm, I like this thread! Lessee what I can dig up here...

Living Quench - Don't worry about those forest fires, kids! It's taken care of!

Living Implosion - I'm squishing your head! I'm squishing your head!

Living Guards and Wards - I'm really not sure what this would do, but it would make an amazing "we're fighting a what???" moment. :smallbiggrin:

Living detect magic/good/law/evil/chaos & silent image - AKA "Ball o' Scan". Get a Diminuative one, huck it at the bad guy, and depending on what colors/images it produces as it bounces off, you know what the bad guy's alignment is and what spells he has up.

Living Sanctuary - it can only hit you once.

Living Move Earth - Next to useless against PCs, but sending one against the walls of their keep will ruin their day.

Living Stone to Flesh/Animate Dead - Turns rocks into zombies! Bwaaarg!!!

The Living Circle of Death someone mentioned would be absolutely terrifying- until you reached 10th level. Now a Living Wail of the Banshee... :smalleek:

turtleant120
2007-04-16, 05:07 AM
what about that druid spell that turns acorns into bombs.:smalleek:
Durkon was right! The trees are out to get us.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-04-16, 05:13 AM
How about a Living Greater Magic Weapon?
"I swing at it!"
"Okay. Your sword gets a +3 bonus." "The hell?"

Eldritch_Ent
2007-04-16, 05:38 AM
I'm fine with this thread just so long as you guys don't try to make a "Living Living Spell" of all things. (It wanders around, bringing other spells to life!)

Tor the Fallen
2007-04-16, 05:39 AM
Are there really 1001 spells out there?

Iron_Mouse
2007-04-16, 05:44 AM
Living Evan's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion. :smallfrown:

Living Expeditious Retreat. It just runs and runs and runs...

Living Erase. "OMG, what happened to my spellbook?!"

Living Shout/Silence. It does...nothing?

Reinboom
2007-04-16, 05:48 AM
BoVD:
Living Forbidden Speech: Can't speak about that... or that... or that...
Living Touch of Juibilex: Everything is like me [the ooze]!
Living Consume Likeness: Kills you, then is you, repeat.
Living Polymorph/Lahm's Finger Darts: It fires fingers at you, over, and over, and over..
Living Addiction: What are you addicted to today?
Living Black Bag: Torture bags everywhere!
Living Cheat: An ooze that never loses
Living Nether Trail: And endless line of evil outsiders follows this ooze.
Living Tongue Serpents: Hordes of vipers!
Living Phantasmal Thief: This ooze wants it all.

Black Mage
2007-04-16, 03:17 PM
Living Vortex of Teeth....it eats you.
Living Cometfall....every time it hits you, a comet hits you on the head. That'd get annoying fast.

Fax Celestis
2007-04-16, 03:24 PM
Living Aspect of the Wolf: It's an ooze. Shaped like a wolf.

I have to say, though, the scariest one I've seen so far is a Living Avascular Mass/Finger of Death/Unnaming. *SLAM* Save or turn into a gooey mass of cardial tissue and lose half your HP. Then, save or die. If you make that, save or no longer exist.

Runolfr
2007-04-16, 03:40 PM
A template from Eberron. Short form: imput one or more spells, get an ooze that uses the spell whenever it hits anything.

Also available in the MM3, I believe.

Mewtarthio
2007-04-16, 06:33 PM
Well, so long as we're doing blatantly illegal spells:

Living Mind Seed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSeed.htm)

Actually, given that psionics is too good for magical names, it'd probably be something like "Incarnate Mind Seed" or "True Manifestation of Mind Seed" or "Astral Mind Seed Crystal" or what have you, but still: A giant... thing which replaces your mind with its own? Come on, you know you want it...

Fax Celestis
2007-04-16, 06:52 PM
Well, so long as we're doing blatantly illegal spells:

Living Mind Seed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSeed.htm)

Actually, given that psionics is too good for magical names, it'd probably be something like "Incarnate Mind Seed" or "True Manifestation of Mind Seed" or "Astral Mind Seed Crystal" or what have you, but still: A giant... thing which replaces your mind with its own? Come on, you know you want it...

Terror. TERROR.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-16, 06:54 PM
Living Dimensional lock paired with Maze.

Foeofthelance
2007-04-16, 07:31 PM
Living Summon Greater Dragon - "Look guy's there's nothing to worry about, its just an ooze!"

F.L.
2007-04-16, 07:43 PM
Living Continual Flame: A rogue's worst nightmare.
Living Reverse Gravity: Fun for the whole family.

Black Mage
2007-04-16, 08:00 PM
Living Polymorph Any Object: *Whack* You're a monkey! *Whack* You're a shrew! *Whack* You're a naked mole rat!

Belteshazzar
2007-04-16, 08:46 PM
Living Backbiter: It don't hurt you much but I wouldn't attack it

Nahal
2007-04-16, 09:10 PM
Living Wall of Iron: Either the most unfortunate "ooze" ever or the toughest blob on the block. Make sure your druid has plenty of rusting grasp spells prepped.

Fax Celestis
2007-04-16, 09:32 PM
Living Polymorph Any Object: *Whack* You're a monkey! *Whack* You're a shrew! *Whack* You're a naked mole rat!

Victory for Black Mage!

Black Mage
2007-04-16, 09:54 PM
Victory for Black Mage!

Thank you, thank you very much. I'm honored *Bows*

*Gets whacked by the Living Polymorph Any Object* *turns into a hamster*

Inyssius Tor
2007-04-16, 10:01 PM
Living Augury: *slam* "Weal!" *slam* "Weal!" *slam* "Woe!" *slam* "Weal!"
Living Contact Other Plane: *slam* "STOP CALLING ME!"

Autarch
2007-04-16, 10:54 PM
Living Teleportation Circle-
Where did it go? Nobody knows.

Living Animate Objects-
When it hits you, your clothing comes to life and tries to kill you. :smallbiggrin:

Living Simulacrum- I don't even know how that would work, but no matter what, it wouldn't be pretty.

Nahal
2007-04-16, 11:12 PM
Living Clone for fast easy extra body manufacture.

Living Insanity because it would look like something straight out of H.P. Lovecraft's drug-induced hallucinations. Coincidentally Living Weird looks like something out of Lovecraft's nightmares (possibly zombie cthulhu?). Heck combine the two and you have Mythos Incarnate. Make a will save or start gibbering incoherently about non-euclidian squid monsters who eat seven-foot chitinous cyclopean tripedal pinecones.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-04-18, 11:17 PM
Living Insanity because it would look like something straight out of H.P. Lovecraft's drug-induced hallucinations. Coincidentally Living Weird looks like something out of Lovecraft's nightmares (possibly zombie cthulhu?). Heck combine the two and you have Mythos Incarnate. Make a will save or start gibbering incoherently about non-euclidian squid monsters who eat seven-foot chitinous cyclopean tripedal pinecones.
I'm using this. Thank you.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-04-18, 11:21 PM
Living Otto's Irresistable Dance. It's annoying enough when a single mage hits you with it once. Every single round?!

Collin152
2007-04-18, 11:44 PM
The guy behind the shrub in Vermillion city of pokemon red/blue. Give me cookie.
Wrong. Veridian city. Give ME a cookie.

Aquillion
2007-04-19, 02:52 AM
While we're doing psionics...

Living Time Regression. The best part here is that the only person in a time regression who remembers that things have changed is the manifester. The ooze is too stupid to act on this knowledge. So, everything happens exactly as before... It slam attacks someone. Time regresses a round. It slam attacks them again. Repeat forever.

Cyborg Pirate
2007-04-19, 03:01 AM
Living Contact Other Plane: *slam* "STOP CALLING ME!"

I think you just invented call-centers

Ye gods!

Macrovore
2007-04-19, 07:33 AM
Living wish: Whatever you were (un)fortunate enough to be thinking about becomes reality ("Another living spell? man, I almost wish I were fighting a tarrasque or something, just for the change of pac--ooooohhh sh--"...)
*BOOM*
"What did you think of?"
*BOOM*
"...the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man..."
*BOOM*
"God help us..."

Nahal
2007-04-19, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf:
I'm using this. Thank you.

Sure, so long as you stat out said pinecones.

Telonius
2007-04-19, 12:04 PM
Living Detect Magic. Is completely sure of its own existence, sparking a philosophical revolution among living spells.

Black Mage
2007-04-19, 07:53 PM
Living Plane Shift: *Whack* Oh...uh...hi Asmodeus!

Hypothetical
2007-04-19, 08:05 PM
While we're doing psionics...

Living Time Regression. The best part here is that the only person in a time regression who remembers that things have changed is the manifester. The ooze is too stupid to act on this knowledge. So, everything happens exactly as before... It slam attacks someone. Time regresses a round. It slam attacks them again. Repeat forever.

That would just be wrong. Instant end of a campaign. Funnier than " Rocks Fall, everyone dies" though.

Emperor Tippy
2007-04-19, 08:13 PM
That would just be wrong. Instant end of a campaign. Funnier than " Rocks Fall, everyone dies" though.
Actually the party would win every fight. The Living Spell woudl never win.

Everytime it hits the round is redone. So 1 in 20 redone rounds the LS rolls a natural 1 and misses. Even if the party can only hit it on a natural 20 and only does 1 damage on a critical, they would still win. Every 8000 rounds the Living Spell on average would take 1 point of damage.

And the best part is the only rounds that the characters remember are ones when they rolled 2 natural 20's and their enemy rolled a natural 1.

MusScribe
2007-04-19, 09:34 PM
Except the one hit, right? Then much better if the rest of the party is watching the battle at a distance.

So, for one person, they've been locked in a month-long battle with this slime constantly being hit, but not hurt for long. To the others - it never touched you, but you kept hiting it in the best possible location.

knightsaline
2007-04-19, 10:17 PM
Living Vengeful Gaze of God/Contingent True Resurrection: Kills you, kills itself, True rezzes itself, kills again, kills itself again, true rezzes itself again..........

Eldritch_Ent
2007-04-19, 10:18 PM
Just so you know, I'm SO Basing a campaign off this- the PC's accidently releasing the "Slime Mage"'s collection of every living spell in the world. :D

Mewtarthio
2007-04-19, 10:35 PM
Technically legal, hilariously useless: Living End to Strife (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031004c). It attacks you, then immediately suffers 20d6 damage.

Epic Druids Unite: Living Verdigris Tsunami (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/verdigrisTsunami.htm). Day 1: Some idiot opens a Gate to whatever plane it's previously destroyed. Shortly thereafter: All life has been... shall we say... supplanted.

Never statted, would be illegal anyway, but you know you want it: Living Karsus's Avatar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karsus). No comment. Mwahahahaha...

Laesin
2007-04-19, 11:00 PM
Living Storm of Vengeance. Goes by the nickname Redspot among other living spells

knightsaline
2007-04-19, 11:03 PM
let me guess, a living Karsus's avatar spell would kill the god of magic, then become the god of magic, then cease to exist because it has to kill itself in order to cast itself? as an eberron novel states "you know how we have to eat and sleep? thoise mean nothing to a living spell. they exist to cast themselves over and over again" (Marked for death: the lost mark book one)

living Nailed to the sky: stop missing the ground! stop missing the ground!
Living Genesis: creates a barren homeplane for itself and keeps expanding itself
living Repair light wounds: every warforged colony has one or one of its older brothers around
Living Heart Ripper: Assassins best friend when they don't have time to wage through the city guard in order to get into the city
Living Summon Undead IV: can you say "swarm of allips?"

Innis Cabal
2007-04-19, 11:08 PM
Living Extract water elemental

psychoticbarber
2007-04-20, 01:20 AM
"GAH! Oh gods I had the worst dream I was being eaten by a spell oh my gods it's real!"

(whack-THUD)

This is SICK and TWISTED...
*looks around furtively, whispers*...I love it.

[Edit] Quote fixed. Thank you Cyborg Pirate.

Cyborg Pirate
2007-04-20, 02:15 AM
This is SICK and TWISTED...
*looks around furtively, whispers*...I love it.

[Edit] Can't make the bloody quote thing work, for some reason. Can somebody clue my in to my mistakes?

You missed a... whachamacallit? -> ] one of these in your quote. It should be [quote=Nahal;]"GAH!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-04-20, 02:20 AM
Here's an evil one, Living Cloud of Knives/Burning Hands.

Emperor Tippy
2007-04-20, 08:05 AM
Except the one hit, right? Then much better if the rest of the party is watching the battle at a distance.

So, for one person, they've been locked in a month-long battle with this slime constantly being hit, but not hurt for long. To the others - it never touched you, but you kept hiting it in the best possible location.

No, no hit counts at all. Time Regression regress the entire multiverse one 1. Every hit made by the living spell causes time to regrees 1 round. This means that its hit never happens.

So all everyone except the livign spell would see happen is the living spell continually missing its target and its target continually scoring criticals agaisnt it.

Mewtarthio
2007-04-20, 11:07 AM
No, no hit counts at all. Time Regression regress the entire multiverse one 1. Every hit made by the living spell causes time to regrees 1 round. This means that its hit never happens.

So all everyone except the livign spell would see happen is the living spell continually missing its target and its target continually scoring criticals agaisnt it.

I don't see why we're arguing this: Time Regression is a personal power. The Living Spell template doesn't say whether a Living Spell casting a personal spell casts it on itself or on its victim, because the template wasn't made for personal spells.

Shatenjager
2007-04-20, 12:38 PM
Living Taunt Dragon (yes it's a real spell)

"At last I've made a living spell, OH GOD!"

GuesssWho
2007-04-20, 02:34 PM
Living Clone for fast easy extra body manufacture.

Whoever you are, I love you.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-21, 11:34 AM
living spell of spell resistance. kinda paradoxical when you think of it.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-04-24, 04:52 PM
Heh, if psionics is used this would be funny: Living Death Urge.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-24, 05:41 PM
speak with dead, all the voices of the darned coming out as the speaker box of lament rolls across the country.

mikeejimbo
2007-04-24, 08:55 PM
Living Vengeful Gaze of God/Contingent True Resurrection: Kills you, kills itself, True rezzes itself, kills again, kills itself again, true rezzes itself again..........

I want one! Except, you know, whoever created it would be the first to die.

Black Mage
2007-04-24, 09:05 PM
Living Create Water: *Whack* *sploosh* *Whack* *sploosh*

Watch as your armor rusts, spellbook gets soggy, and your rogue looks like he wet himself

Jack_Simth
2007-04-24, 09:22 PM
Technically legal, hilariously useless: Living End to Strife (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031004c). It attacks you, then immediately suffers 20d6 damage.Aren't living Spells immune to mind-affecting effects?

PsyBlade
2007-04-24, 11:21 PM
End to Strife isn't mind affecting. Intelligent creatures simply know attacking is a bad idea. The damage is from the zone.

Eldritch_Ent
2007-04-24, 11:33 PM

What's the Epic Spellcraft DC mod for "Living Spell", anyway? Vengeful Gaze of God is "Red Iculous" as it is- does it really need to become more so?

Jade_Tarem
2007-04-24, 11:44 PM
Living Prismatic Deluge: Taste the rainbow and die.
Living Holy Word/Blasphemy: An alignment-based spell that's offensive to everyone!
Living Tsunami: *Whack* "That wasn't so bad. What's that rumbling noise? And where did the sun go?"
Living Planeshift/Dismissal: Outsiders and elementals are sent to two different places at the same time. Figure that one out.
Living Mass Awaken: It's only funny 'til it hits you in the forest.
Living Defenstrating Sphere: Every hit sends you flying an unjustifyably far distance!
Living Baleful Juxtaposition: Every hit changes who's in melee with it.

Draz74
2007-04-25, 02:53 PM
Best tool the BBEG ever had to protect his dungeon:

Living Phantom Trap.

Jack_Simth
2007-04-25, 04:26 PM
End to Strife isn't mind affecting. Intelligent creatures simply know attacking is a bad idea. The damage is from the zone.The version linked is:

Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
RAW, undead, constructs, and mindless things are simply immune.

PsyBlade
2007-04-25, 04:38 PM
Oh, my mistake.

Mewtarthio
2007-04-25, 07:25 PM
Living Mass Awaken: It's only funny 'til it hits you in the forest.

There's a Mass Awaken spell?!

The version linked is:

RAW, undead, constructs, and mindless things are simply immune.
[/font]

Curses! Foiled again!

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-25, 07:39 PM
What's the Epic Spellcraft DC mod for "Living Spell", anyway? Vengeful Gaze of God is "Red Iculous" as it is- does it really need to become more so?
Living Spell is also a creature template.