PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Reserves of Strength + Polymorph Any Object

Pippin
2015-04-13, 06:35 AM
Hi playground,

thanks to reserves of strength we can push to 18 HD the limitation polymorph any object has.

Now, I found the hulk of Zoretha (Male) with 16 HD and 33 INT (Elder Evils, 52) but I wonder if we can find even better. (Side note: interestingly, that guy also has true seeing and fast healing as (Su), and the best DEX score I've ever seen for monsters of 28 HD or less. So it's definitely something to shapechange into.)

Anyone know a monster with 18- HD and 34+ INT, that would be a good target for PAO?

atemu1234
2015-04-13, 07:33 AM
Well, the hulk is actually pretty good. Why not just use the 33, and boost it with things like items and the like?

Or is this just for fun?

Pippin
2015-04-13, 07:36 AM
Well, the hulk is actually pretty good. Why not just use the 33, and boost it with things like items and the like?

Or is this just for fun?
I've boosted him as much as I could, and I ended up with a 59 INT score. That is absurdly high but one more INT point and I have a bonus 9th-level spell slot, so I felt like I had to ask.

atemu1234
2015-04-13, 08:57 AM
I've boosted him as much as I could, and I ended up with a 59 INT score. That is absurdly high but one more INT point and I have a bonus 9th-level spell slot, so I felt like I had to ask.

Apply one of the simple templates that boost INT. Technically applicable.

Pippin
2015-04-13, 12:06 PM
Apply one of the simple templates that boost INT. Technically applicable.
What? You can't PAO into a template, it seems.