PDA

View Full Version : Halfling Races

TheEvilComputerNerd
2007-04-14, 08:20 PM
Looking for some books that give more halfling races, especially those more inclined to martial combat. Between our group we got a lot of books, so anything you recommend I'll probably have. Thanks.

Hazkali
2007-04-15, 02:48 AM
Races of Faerun is bound to have some, as does the Monster Manual I, if I recall correctly, although they probably cross over in some places. Frostburn (and possibly Sandstorm and Stormwrack) has a new halfling variant that have adapted to the terrain in question.

Any of these could be better in combat than the basic halfling.

Not that :belkar: needs any more help.

:smallbiggrin:

Illiterate Scribe
2007-04-15, 06:08 AM
Kender!

Actually, don't. Having an entire race solely devoted to destroying everything is not a good idea.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-15, 06:08 AM
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting as two new kinds of halfling, Races of Faerun has more fluff about all three kinds of halfling.

Yvian
2007-04-15, 08:48 AM
What do you mean by "martial combat"?

Haflings do not make good martial combats. Their damage is small, they get penalities for damage, grapple, and disarm.

Monk is one way to go. Hafling outridder was an execlent way to go before they nerfed Ride by Attack.

I hate to say this but I think you should go with a high dex high sneak attack approch.

In Frogtten Realms I like Strongheart Hafling from FR. They get a bonous feat at 1st level like hummans.

EvilElitest
2007-04-15, 10:47 AM
If you want obserce, the Quintessential halfling by Mongoose publishing has quite a few knew halfling races, as dones the Remade Blackmoor Champain settings. THere is one halfling race in BOVD.
from,
EE