PDA

View Full Version : Shock Trooper flavored cheese

Rahdjan
2007-04-14, 08:34 PM
I just picked up the Magic Item Compendium and found an interesting little trinket, The Ring of Avoidance. Basicly for 10k gold, you can gain a +20 to your AC as a deflection bonus 3/day. Seems like you can now have your cake and eat it too.

The_Snark
2007-04-14, 09:03 PM
As a swift action? If so, wow. I want to know what spell they based that off of.

Annarrkkii
2007-04-14, 09:04 PM
That's kind of scary.

How do they calculate that one? Is it just 1 round duration after the activation?

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2007-04-14, 09:07 PM
Standard action, and it's 'till the begining of your next turn. But yeah, it's badass. Great Book.

Arbitrarity
2007-04-14, 09:10 PM
Worthless for shock trooper, can't standard then charge. Wears off before usage.

No attack abuse possible, unless you can get an extra partial action, attack as a move/swift/free action, or get extra rounds in a turn *stares at ToB*

The_Snark
2007-04-14, 09:11 PM
Standard action seems okay, then; it's sort of a True Strike in reverse.

Hario
2007-04-14, 09:38 PM
I could see some abuse with this and Reckless attack which a fighter only feat but adds in damage how much AC you subtract for a turn in a straight 1-1, so all it does is add some extra damage onto there, but I could see this being a nice item for wizards or other low AC/no armor classes/characters.

Legoman
2007-04-15, 02:40 AM
Worthless for shock trooper, can't standard then charge. Wears off before usage.

No attack abuse possible, unless you can get an extra partial action, attack as a move/swift/free action, or get extra rounds in a turn *stares at ToB*

Yeah, but by the time you're getting two free full attack actions, you're also hitting those nice boosts that quad the damage on your next attack.

So, your next Leap/PA/Shock Troop attack with a valorous weapon does enough damage that if you don't one-shot whatever you're charging, you were probably going to die anyway.

Merlin the Tuna
2007-04-15, 12:39 PM
There's apparently a belt in MIC that grants extra actions a few times per day. Combine the two for massive win in the early part of the day, then switch to something else when you're out of actions.