PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Kings setting

Yora
2015-04-13, 03:32 PM
I stumbled on this purely by accident, remembering it from quite some time back when it was announced as some kind of "New Dark Sun". Apparently the setting book was released as pdf last october, but I haven't really heard anything about it since.
It got two good ratings without comment on RPG Now, and nothing at paizo or RPGnet.

Anyone seen this thing and know anything about it?

LibraryOgre
2015-04-13, 03:53 PM
Just a quick glance at the project page (http://www.dragonkingsproject.com/worldbook/) makes it seem like someone said "I've got some ideas for a Dark Sun game that I want to use, but can't really publish Dark Sun material. However, if I make something that looks a lot like Dark Sun, those who know will be able to use it for Dark Sun."

Like if I were to say "I want to write some stuff for Birthright, but don't have the rights. What if I make a setting called 'Blood of Kings', though, and change a few details...". Most of the TSR settings didn't have anything so revolutionary that they can't be mimicked fairly successfully by those willing to put in a lot of work.