PDA

View Full Version : AVB - Fact of the Matter

Rizban
2015-04-13, 04:43 PM
razorback and DM only!

The man approaches, obviously a butler of some kind.

"I do apologize, but Lady Walda is unavailable at the moment. I'm empowered to discuss anything pertaining to Jasper."

razorback
2015-04-14, 05:44 PM
"Jasper, I take it, is the feline in question?" Before the man can answer, he extends his hand "I am Virgil Camlin. I have heard that Jasper has gone missing and some assistance in locating the wayward cat is required?"

Rizban
2015-04-15, 05:44 AM
He looks at your hand for a moment before reluctantly shaking it through the bars of the gate.

"Indeed. Jasper is the missing cat. To keep this short, he was last seen at the Fortress running north into the Docks. His favorite food is smoked dire beaver. He is white and black with a distinct star pattern over his right eye and wears a collar with a custom made silver bell."

razorback
2015-04-15, 03:44 PM
Virgil tries his best not to grimace at the mention of the docks with mixed success.
Mentally storing what he is told, he says "For something like this I usually work on a retainer that would be debited against the reward amount. How do you wish to handle this transaction?"

Rizban
2015-04-15, 05:28 PM
"And if we put everyone on retainer who wandered by after hearing the very public request, the estate would be broke within a week. Now, if you had recommendations from individuals of note, that might be different. As it is, there's no reason to do more than offer you the same reward offered to everyone. I'm sure you understand."

razorback
2015-04-15, 05:51 PM
With a nod of his head, Virgil replies "I completely understand. What is the amount, if you don't mind me asking. Also, any other information you may be able to provide? The quickest means to a recovery would suit all involved, I'm sure."

Rizban
2015-04-15, 08:05 PM
"The amount is 1,000 gold, assuming the pet is returned unharmed and in good health.

Information such as what?"

razorback
2015-04-16, 12:38 PM
"Anyone who might possibly be using the cat as leverage against your employer, former employees with an ax to grind, those kind of bits that might seem a bit extraneous but you never know what value or relationship may be attached."

Sense motive
[roll0]

Rizban
2015-04-18, 12:02 AM
"Nothing of the sort. The cat was seen simply running away by the girl herself. She took it with her when visiting the Fortress to see her father. It escaped and took off, as cats are wont to do."

razorback
2015-04-19, 05:42 PM
"Understood. It being the docks, it will take a little time to gather some information as to the whereabouts of Jasper. With your description of the feline, I should be able to gather him up and return him. Thank you for your time."
With that Virgil nods to the man and proceeds to walk out, keeping the dread of the docks out of his mind as he looks up at the sky to see what time it is.
<Need to get down to the Red Rose, fairly early.> he thinks to himself.
He eventually makes his way back to the plaza and goes into Ezekiel's, picking up a 4 coin pouches.

What time of day is it?
Kn: Local to see if he knows of any place besides the Red Rose where he can go about asking information without being too direct.
[roll0]

Is it an issue to convert 600 of my starting gp to pp?

Rizban
2015-04-22, 04:48 AM
How does he know about the Red Rose? :smallconfused:

You can have the coins in any form you want. That's mostly fluff.The coin pouches are priced as standard.

razorback
2015-04-24, 01:12 PM
Virgil goes shopping and picks up some coin pouches before he checks the time.

How does he know about the Red Rose?

I assumed, maybe incorrectly, as being a local he would know about the Red Rose.
Did you want me to roll on this?

Also, what time of the day is it?

Rizban
2015-04-24, 07:22 PM
The Red Rose isn't something that people living outside of the Docks really know about. It's one of those local, neighborhood type bars. Still, you could have heard about it, I suppose.

You figure that it's pretty well just an open area you could walk around asking questions without too much trouble, so long as you don't bother people too much. You don't really know more than that.It's a bit more than an hour after noon.

razorback
2015-05-04, 04:15 PM
I thought you were already on wedding mode until I saw you post this morning.
My apologies.

Virgil frets for a few moments, knowing he has a few hours to get into the docks, try to get information, and get back out. Mentally marking the time, he heads out to the docks quickly.

Did you want me to roll to see if he know of the Red Rose or should he fumble around looking for leads around the docks in general?

Rizban
2015-06-01, 11:34 PM
Wedding mode commenced in May. I was still posting sporadically on the forum, but I wasn't doing any AVB related stuff. Too much work. :smalltongue:

Rolling a Know check in general is probably just a good idea.Heading north along Mastiff's Road, you reach a large gatehouse in the city's outer wall, known as Rivergate. It stands open. On the other side, you can see the great river rushing by with a stone causeway built into it just inches above water level, the river flowing through channels under and through the stone. The Fortress is built on a large island in the middle of the causeway.

Looking past the island, you can see another large gatehouse on the far shore. Just beyond that gatehouse is the Docks and outer slums of the city. Looking at it, a shudder sneaks its way down your back.

As you approach the massive gate of the Fortress, one of three guardsmen posted at the gate steps forward.

"Halt. What business have you here?"

razorback
2015-06-03, 04:29 PM
Kn: Local (Aldhaven) [roll0]

As Virgil goes sauntering up, he continues to go over every scrap of information or whisper of a rumor he has heard about the docks while keeping the one bit of information relevant to all the discussions - don't be caught on the docks at night if you value your life.

At the challenge by the guard he keeps his hands up and away from his sword and smile on his face.
"On an errand for the househould of Lady Walda on this fine day. Obviously something that she doesn't want to do herself nor allow any of her... well, closer and much more useful servants, so I am down here to gather some bits and pieces for some project or other that the household requires. Only know what I'm supposed to do but not high enough in the ranks to know what its for, lads. How are you three doing today? Any rumors that I should be aware of before I head over there?" he says in an amiable voice.

Diplomacy on the guards
[roll1]

Rizban
2015-06-08, 02:04 PM
What you know of the Docks is mostly rumor and conjecture. There's some malevolent force that brutally murders anyone who wanders the streets at night while carrying anything less than overwhelming force, though it seems that humans are more brutally brutalized than others. You know of few safe havens in the Docks, though it seems that whatever perpetrates the murder doesn't enter into any of the buildings, or at least does so only very rarely. Still, all windows and doors are secured before sundown, and the city gates are closed and secured just as the sun is setting, not a moment later.

Of the few safe havens in the Docks, you know only of The Red Rose Tavern, a local bar for the less human-like races. They're known to tolerate 'strays' who get locked out at night, but they charge for their 'protection' and are known to throw particularly troublesome guests out into the darkness if need be.
The weary guard eyes you coldly.

"Kid, you talk too much. If you value your life and your job, you'll learn to shut your trap. If you really are working for the nobles, that is...
Whatever, doesn't concern me. Just get out of my sight."

He waves you past the checkpoint and into the Docks.
As you pass through Dockside Gate, you get a sense of stepping into another world. The Docks are quite different from the rest of the city, not just in appearance but in the very feel of the area. It's as if a spirit of malice lingers in the air.

The first few buildings around the gate look to be in good condition and share the same general building style as Old Town on the far side of the river, obviously government buildings of some kind. Farther out, the buildings quickly degenerate into ramshackle structures built in haste for the cheapest cost possible. Interspersed throughout are a few larger buildings of slightly better construction, apparently built as warehouses. To the north, you see rows upon rows of "houses" that are little more than dangerously leaning shacks, which you conclude is the area known commonly as The Slums. You know the piers of the Docks are to your left from here, though you can't actually see them from here due to the buildings.

The crowd thins out past the gate to the point that there's nothing to blend into. People travel in small groups of no more than 2 or 3, and even those are fairly far apart.

razorback
2015-06-16, 02:30 PM
Virgil smiles at the guard, being not quite successful at hiding his dislike for the man.
Sketching a mocking bow at the man, he says "As you wish..." as he continues on, back erect.
Once out of the man's sight, he scans the sky to check the time.
Looking around, he tries to figure out the path to the docks. He spends a few minutes on a couple of different paths before figuring out the correct path.
Once he he has a clear view, he takes a strong whiff of the air, trying to determine what has the strongest and fishiest smell then heads over towards it, looking for anyone who might be a fishmonger or fisherman.

Rizban
2015-06-16, 08:11 PM
You look up at the sky. It's blue. You believe that big bright ball up there is called "the sun," but you aren't certain. Something about the rules saying you can't even identify members of your own race without the appropriate knowledge checks, which might explain all the half elves and half orcs and whatnot. Telling the time by the position of the sun is definitely a Survival check, as is tracking something by scent. Fortunately, survival can be used untrained!

razorback
2015-06-17, 05:36 PM
Survival check
[roll0]

Spot check
[roll1]

Virgil continues to scout around, trying to look around for the wayward feline, although he doesn't really expect much success on that front, while looking for anyone who might have information that he can garner, in his roundabout way.

Rizban
2015-06-20, 04:32 PM
Sorry for the slow posting. I've been both very busy and pretty sick the past few days.
You determine that it's about an hour past noon.

The reek of the docks is all around you, but you determine that the piers where ships dock are directly to your left. However, you're not sure whether you should take the main road around and down or try to find a path along the narrow streets and alleys that wind through the warehouses and other buildings between you and the piers.

razorback
2015-06-22, 04:26 PM
No worries, I'm still trying to get caught up on some stuff while on a business trip and have to take another in a couple of weeks. If you're ok with a slow pace, so am I.

Virgil spends a few moments considering his options before heading out, loosening his sword in his scabbard and focuses on the magics he has memorized as he moves out, looking for his missing prey along with avoiding those who may call him prey.

He checks as he walks down the narrow streets and alleys, keeping an eye and ear out for danger while looking for any sign of the cat or any other dead animals that may lead him towards Jasper or anywhere that may be a den of strays.

Virgil is going to slowly move down the road in, probably vain, hope of finding captain kitty.
Not sure if you want any or all of these but I figured I'd roll once.
Listen
[roll0]

Search
[roll1]

Spot
[roll2]

Rizban
2015-06-22, 07:14 PM
You see and hear a number of things in the docks, including a handful of cats. Unfortunately, the one you're seeking is not among them...

razorback
2015-06-26, 02:51 PM
Virgil walks around, giving a bunch of "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty"'s as he tries to get good looks at the cats but not finding his quarry, but getting some strange looks from the locals.
Dusting himself off, he wanders over to the nearest fishmonger.
"Kind of a bland day, eh? Say, my girl has this cat and... well, it likes fish. Anything in particular you'd think would be a favorite for your run of the mill cat that I can get from you? Also, any place you'd recommend to grab a bite would be appreciated."

Sense motive on the fishmonger
[roll0]

Rizban
2015-06-26, 06:44 PM
The Docks, being a rather dangerous place indeed, has no merchants of any kind openly pitching his wares anywhere to be found.

As you wander the back alleys near the water's edge, you suddenly feel a razor sharp knife in your back that burns like unholy fire.
[roll0] + [roll1] + [roll2]

"Aww, has the little human lost his way?"

razorback
2015-06-28, 09:25 AM
As he stands, Virgil feels the steel pierce his flesh and he lets out a small cry as he pushes away from the pain.
His mind races as he realizes he is in over his head and probably outnumbered.
Focusing for a split second, he blurs forward 15 feet by some magic force as he beats a hasty retreat, looking over his shoulder to get a glimpse of his assailant, before turning the first corner and rushing down the main road.

Virgil
AC ~ 10; Current ~ 10
HP ~ 52; Current ~ 36

Swift Action
Active Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker for a 15ft movement as part of the swift activation.

Full round action
Run!

Kn:Geography or Local(Aldaven) [whichever is more appropriate, they have the same bonus] to see if he can figure out where he is and how to get out of here
[roll0]

Effects ~

Rizban
2015-06-28, 11:33 PM
You fail to Spot whoever or whatever stabbed you in the back, but running as fast as you can, you provoke only a single attack of opportunity, which catches you off guard due to being unable to see your assailant(s).

Dagger – [roll0] – [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3]

You know that if you go back the way you came, you should get back to where you started, Dockside Gate.

razorback
2015-07-02, 12:06 PM
Does he get an AoO since he used his Chronocharm instead of moving first?

Lifeblood spilling, Virgil runs for his life, unable to see his assailant.
he makes his way back towards the gate as quickly as he can and, once in sight of the gate, slows his pace while doing a quick look around as he pulls out a potions and quaffs it down while cleaning up his appearance.

Spot
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]
Potion of CLW
[roll2]

Rizban
2015-07-02, 01:23 PM
No, he doesn't. It was one of the others who got one as you ran past after. Without the charm, you'd have take 3 AoOs.You neither see nor hear your assailants pursuing you, but you don't feel like that really means anything at this point.

You think it wiser not to slow down until you're much closer to the gate than just "within sight". You reach the main road leading through the gate and chug your potion.

razorback
2015-07-06, 04:01 PM
As Virgil gets to the gate, he slows his pace.
Looking around to see if anything else is hindering him, he slowly walks through the gate with a nod to the guards as he passes at a slightly faster than casual pace.

Making his way down to the plaza, he looks for a place to rent a room for the night and lick his wounds.

Is there a tavern or located at the plaza?

Rizban
2015-07-13, 10:42 PM
Aldhaven City Streets

Here you stand in the heart of the city, watching people come and go, functioning as the very lifeblood of the city. The most prominent building in the area is a three-story inn named The Sad Flint. It is known as the place to be for relaxing adventurers and those seeking a good story, a good drink, or a good night's rest. Across the Plaza from The Sad Flint is Ezekiel's Supplies, one of two major suppliers of adventuring and exploration gear in the city. Numerous other shops line the sides of The Plaza, including a music shop named The Howling Song, Jim Juweliers's Gem Jewelry, Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos, Sendungen Imports, Ranuna's Superior Toppers, and numerous other shops and merchant carts.

The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.

razorback
2015-09-09, 03:31 PM
In a nonchalant fashion, Virgil tries to take a seat while disguising that fact that he is wounded still.
<These dogs would have a field day with me if they found out. he thinks to himself.

Once seated, he waves over a barmaid. "Hey, lass. Ale, please, whatever is most local and the darkest you have, if you don't mind." he says, giving her a friendly smile. Shifting a bit to get a little more comfortable, he looks around to see if anyones is looking or if anyone stands out as being... unusual for this area. Once settled, he thinks about the attack on him and who or what may have perpetrated this.
As the girl returns, he gives her the coin required and asks "Anything about here afoot? Any rumors on the street I should be concerned about? You know, war or famine or anything of that sort?"

Spot check
[roll0]

Knowledge:? He has local, which would be my guess as to which it would be to use to figure out who his assailant might be, but he has all the knowledge skills with a +4 bonus
[roll1]

Diplomacy on the barmaid
[roll2]

Gather information
[roll3]

Rizban
2015-09-09, 03:53 PM
Just to get caught back up on your character, were there any threads you posted in except for The City Streets?

razorback
2015-09-09, 08:41 PM
I think just in the plaza and only until he got into his own thread.
I've been keeping out of all other other threads as Virgil is doing his own thing and don't want to meta too much.

Rizban
2015-09-10, 12:44 PM
It seems that, when I created your thread, I got your character and another one confused. You should have been going into an estate on the cat quest rather than the Sad Flint. I'm fine with just rolling with the Flint if you prefer, but the lost cat quest is still available if you want to do that.

razorback
2015-09-11, 04:20 PM
Ok, we'll continue from The Flint and go from there.
Can we assume Virgil knows that he has to check the Estate? Which Estate, if so?

Rizban
2015-09-12, 10:30 PM
After looking around for a moment, you realize that this is The Sad Flint, the tavern and inn where adventurers from around the world typically stay. Nothing seems unusual or out of place here. Three individuals, however, do catch your attention. One if a warforged who seem to be merrily regaling those gathered at his table with an exciting story of some sort as they buy him round after round of ale. You also note a fairly heavily armed individual sitting in a booth by himself studying the numerous wanted posters scattered across the table in front of him. The last one you notice is a rather attractive woman who is sitting alone but obviously having a meaningful conversation with someone.

The barmaid brings you a mug of fine, dark ale. "Two gold," she says before setting it down in front of you.

"I'm sorry, but we have a strict policy of not getting involved with gossip while on the job. Will you be paying now, or shall I start a tab?"

razorback
2015-09-13, 09:10 AM
Virgil pulls out 2 gold and hands it over as he says "No need for a running tab, I'll pay as I go, if you don't mind. Keeps me honest." with a wink. "I get your not wanting to get involved, no worries." As the waitress walks away he looks at the three who caught his attention.
Scratching at his beard, he give the ale a good whiff and decides that its ok.
Hmmm, Warforged bravado... a bounty hunter... and a crazy woman. I need help and it looks like at least one or two of them do.> With that, he grabs his drink and walks over to the table with the bounty hunter, approaching from a direction the man can see him while keeping his hand clear of his weapons. <These guys can be a bit high strung at times.> he thinks to himself.
As he stands near a chair at the table and the man looks up he says "Hello there, stranger. Not that it is any of my business but my wandering eye couldn't help but notice that you were looking over these wanted posters. Now, you seem a capable and doughty warrior and probably a hunter of some repute. Ah, well, before I talk to much, care if I have a seat?" he says as he gestures to the empty chair across from the man.

Rizban
2015-09-13, 11:54 PM
"Sit, if you want, but do not mess up my organization."

razorback
2015-09-14, 12:23 PM
Virgil pulls out on of the chairs fairly far away from the table and keeps his drink away from the table and anything on it. Taking a small swig he says "Name's Virgil. I would say you're looking to make a little bit of coin in our little town. I'm sure you know but this is a dangerous town full of dangerous folk. An extra set of eyes with a sharp blade, to me, is always welcome." Crossing a leg he takes another drink before resting his mug on his knee.

Rizban
2015-09-27, 12:29 AM
Sorry for the long wait. I've been SUPER busy.He looks at you for a long moment before replying.

"Alright. You got references?"

razorback
2015-09-28, 03:06 PM
No worries.

So, I my question would be: having grown up here, would he have any points of contact or references? I don't want to add backstory that isn't kosher or that is reaching for more than is reasonable.

Rizban
2015-09-28, 05:56 PM
You can have some references if you like. Make something up, and I'll let you know if it's okay or not.

razorback
2015-09-29, 06:40 PM
"Good and proper question." Virgil says as he takes a drink. "I was apprentice to Al'Ark Callan, a known bounty hunter and people finder from these parts. It was under him I learned my skills and talents, ability to ascertain what information may be of value or what may be hidden from the layman's eyes. I was the one who helped Miykel 'The Score' find the gold someone had help him 'misplace'. And I helped Nole Merels in ferreting out the troubles he had in his newly purchased home, a bit of a nest of ghouls who had been squirreled away by the previous owner in a subterranean area. Ghastly business, if you catch my meaning." he says with a mirthful smile, the he almost loses as he shifts a bit and the poke has in his ribs is still a bit sore even after the magical healing. "Numerous other smaller errands and tasks for some of the locals, as we all have to eat and keep food on the table." Taking another small but measure drink, he says "And, if I may ask, what your name may be?"

Rizban
2015-09-29, 07:32 PM
"Al'Ark Callan? Sounds familiar..."

He shuffles through his stack of fliers.

"Yes, here it is. 'Al'Ark Callan. Six counts fraud, three counts theft, four counts impersonating an officer, and two counts suspected murder.'
Miykel is a known criminal, though nothing has stuck yet, and I've never heard of this 'Nole Merels' person, and I would have if there was undead involved..."

razorback
2015-09-29, 08:01 PM
Virgil shrugs his shoulders as he takes another measure drink.
"I'm guessing you're trying to surmise something about my past associations but you'll have to make your assessments based on whatever criteria you have. Al'Ark Callan I'm not really surprised... brilliant, brilliant man but a not all there. He could hunt down anyone with just bits and scraps of information but there was a pin always seeming to be missing from the gearing. Miykel is, as you say, a known criminal but everyone deserves to have what was stolen from them and as he had witnesses who attested to the theft, finding those who had stolen from him was not illegal. As for Nole, then I did my job well if you didn't hear about it. No one wants to make a bigger fuss about a minor infestation, some people get downright scared and leave town, which is bad for th city and bad for the business."

Rizban
2015-09-29, 08:13 PM
"I suppose."

He writes something down on a small scrap of paper and goes back to reading his wanted posters, seemingly forgetting that you've asked for a job.

razorback
2015-09-29, 08:53 PM
Virgil puts his mug down on the table, a little loudly as he says "So, I take it you have no interest in a partnership?"

Rizban
2015-09-29, 08:56 PM
He looks up inquisitively.

"Hmm? I did not say that..."

razorback
2015-09-30, 10:07 AM
"Did you want to discuss this? If so, I can come back later if you are busy with whatever business you are working on." Virgil states as he sits back into his chair and strokes his chin hair, making no move to actually get up.

Rizban
2015-10-11, 12:29 AM
He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose for a moment before speaking.

"Look, you're obviously trying real hard to impress me, but you're not. Tell me something about your skills, man! Quit wasting breath."

razorback
2015-10-12, 10:37 AM
""You misunderstand. I am not trying to impress you. I seek partnership. You asked for references, which I provided. You seem to look for some association, maybe of guilt, but you will not find any. What you fail to take into account is that I have learned from others whose skills and mindset I have some advantage in. YOu carry on with a belligerent attitude. Whether this is alcohol induced or this is your normal manner, it has some advantages in gathering bits of information from those that are less inclined to provide it. However, I have skill in persuasion of my own and it provides some level of gathering of hidden knowledge against those you can not leverage with just threat of violence or other means. If you cannot see the value in that then the loss is yours." With that Virgil picks up his mug and goes back to his original seat.

Rizban
2015-10-12, 02:50 PM
He rolls his eyes at your excessive wordiness that still doesn't say anything about your relevant skills, other than that you claim you can talk a lot, which he can already plainly see. He makes no move to stop you as you return to you previous seat.

razorback
2015-10-15, 01:57 PM
As Virgil moves back to his former seat, he pointedly does not look back at the man.

<Let him think whatever he is going to think.> he thinks smugly to himself. Scanning around the room, he looks at the others he had previously noted to see what they are currently doing.
As the waitress makes her rounds, he flags her down. "Another one when you have a moment. Also, you have rooms for the night or, if not, do you know where I can get a reasonably safe one for the night?"

Rizban
2015-10-15, 02:06 PM
"You'll have to talk to Joss about a room." She points to the half-giant barkeep.

razorback
2015-10-20, 08:50 AM
Virgil nods his thanks to the lady.
He sits a few minutes finishing his drink while he looks over the crowd, not trying to be subtle about it.
When done, he stands and makes his way over to Joss. "Hi, I was told to speak to you about lodging. Can you give me a breakdown of your rates?" he asks with a smile.

Rizban
2015-10-20, 04:19 PM
He eyes you for a second.

"One night, five gold."

razorback
2015-11-01, 02:46 PM
"Right. How much for a week... two weeks or a month? What do you have as your standard rates for these?"

Sensing motive to see if Virgil is being ripped off.
[roll0]

Rizban
2015-11-09, 06:23 PM
"A week is 35, a month 150. Standard rates."

He seems to be completely matter of fact on the rates. You don't sense anything amiss.

razorback
2015-11-14, 12:17 PM
Virgil reaches in and give the keep the 35 gold. "I'll be here for a week. Maybe longer, but we can talk about it later." He waits for his room and, once in it, checks to make sure it's secure, placing a chair under the door once its locked and the window is secure, with something easily knocked over if someone comes through the window.
He sits and thinks for a while about how he may have mishandled the bounty hunter by letting the man get to him.
After a good night sleep, he comes down in the morning, sitting and asking about breakfast to whatever staff is there.
He looks around the room to see who is down there now.

Rizban
2015-11-18, 02:57 AM
The door opens onto a 10 x 15 room. There is a bed, a chest of drawers, and a large wooden chest that doubles as a nightstand. There's a rug on the floor and a single small window that lets in light.

http://www.mornproductions.com/aldhaven/AVB/maps/SadFlint/SingleBedroom.png

You make your security preparations and sleep through the night uninterrupted. Even sounds from the hallway fail to reach you.

The Sad Flint is just as it always is, seemingly unchanging but never quite the same. The interior of the Sad Flint is still quite crowded, apparently with a breakfast rush, and an empty table is hard to find. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

The same half-giant is still serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. The warforged you noticed drinking ale and telling tales the night before is still seated in the same place telling stories to a whole new group of people, ale still in hand.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.

razorback
2015-11-25, 08:45 AM
Virgil moves up to the table with the warforged and waits for him to look up. He places a hand by the seat and if the warforge indicates, he takes a place at the table.

Rizban
2015-11-25, 12:33 PM
He shrugs as you request the seat and continues telling his story, which seems to be about the time that he and some friends got caught breaking into a wizard's tower but managed to bluff their way out of it claiming that they thought it was a sorority hall and were on a panty raid.

razorback
2015-11-28, 11:31 AM
As the warforged tells his story, he waves down a barmaid and orders breakfast quietly. Once the warforged completes his story he claps his hand. "Well spoken, friend. Your words of courage and mischief bring a smile to my face so early in the morning. I can see that today is going to be a better day than tomorrow." as he waits to see how the warforged will reply.

Rizban
2015-11-29, 02:51 AM
"Good! Good!" He chugs the entire mug of ale in his hand with a single pull.

"So, boys, what story shall I tell next?"

razorback
2015-11-30, 10:39 AM
"I would like to hear of your latest adventure, if you haven't told it already." Virgil says as he tries to gauge the warforged's story, seeing if there is some grain of truth or if it all bluster.

Virgil is looking to hire on some muscle after the thrashing he received during the day at the docks.
He is vetting out the warforged before he tries to make an offer.

Sense motive
[roll0]

Rizban
2015-12-02, 04:16 PM
"My latest adventure? Hmm... Well, I did have that one where we didn't even get started until well after sunset..." He drops his serious facade and starts laughing amiably, joined by the others at the table. A waitress comes by and fills his mug with a rather expensive ale, though she noticeably says nothing about payment before joining the laughter and backing away from the table to tend to other customers.

"Or perhaps you meant my most recent. Let's see if I can remember the details about that particular adventure. Well, it was some thirty years or more ago now that the Boys and I took on a quest to recover a magical chalice stolen from a temple of Osric by a red dragon. Now, normally, the paladins of Osric take on such tasks themselves, but they just weren't properly equipped to deal with such a nasty beast, and in his own home on the Plane of Pyrokus to boot! Now, being a machine myself, Pyrokus was no big deal. Then again, if I slept, I'd probably still have nightmares of that place. How the dragon managed to carve out a home there without going mad, I couldn't even begin to tell you. Thankfully, we were in and out without catching Lord Mondo's attention, or we'd have never been heard from again!"

razorback
2015-12-05, 09:55 AM
"30 years ago?! I admit that I have no skill in reckoning the age of your kind, but looking at you, you look like you have taken great care of yourself in spite of all the challenges you've faced."

Rizban
2015-12-09, 12:29 AM
He laughs again. "Why thank you! It is truly amazing what a good jeweler with a vat of silver polish can do for one's complexion."

razorback
2015-12-16, 08:53 AM
"Well, regale us with more of your exploits, sir...???"

Rizban
2015-12-16, 09:32 AM
"Flint. The name's Flint. And, I'd gladly do so, but it is such thirsty work."

He wiggles his empty stein in your direction with a wink.