PDA

View Full Version : 3DS Touch Screen Problem?

171akup
2015-04-13, 09:49 PM
I didn't know where else to put this and I have tried to calibrate it and it said it was complete like twice. And when I tried to catch a Pokemon by touching the bag it made me run and when I try to use Super Training I have to press on the FAR bottom left corner. So like I said before I did try and calibrate it and it doesn't fix it and I would like to know is there any possible way I can fix it and if not should I buy a new one or a used one. :smallbiggrin:

Karen Lynn
2015-04-13, 09:57 PM
I'll sell you mine. :P

When calibrating, does it give you the squares? If so, see how far off your current presses are compared to the menu and compensate during calibration. Are you using the stylus or your fingers to calibrate it?

171akup
2015-04-13, 10:09 PM
I'll sell you mine. :P

When calibrating, does it give you the squares? If so, see how far off your current presses are compared to the menu and compensate during calibration. Are you using the stylus or your fingers to calibrate it?

Well I have tried it and it says it completed but it doesn't ever fix it. Also I don't have much money right now, also is it a 3DS or 3DS XL and also what color? :smallbiggrin:

Karen Lynn
2015-04-13, 10:26 PM
Huh. That's really weird. Any liquid get on it?

It's a metallic blue XL

171akup
2015-04-13, 10:37 PM
Huh. That's really weird. Any liquid get on it?

It's a metallic blue XL

No liquid what so ever. When I bought it I kept it safe and I even bought some nerf armor for it. So the nerf armor got old and now I don't use it anymore but it was going wrong before I stopped using it. Also is there a way I can safely take it part so I can see if it is an internal physical problem. :smallbiggrin:

huttj509
2015-04-13, 11:31 PM
I didn't know where else to put this and I have tried to calibrate it and it said it was complete like twice. And when I tried to catch a Pokemon by touching the bag it made me run and when I try to use Super Training I have to press on the FAR bottom left corner. So like I said before I did try and calibrate it and it doesn't fix it and I would like to know is there any possible way I can fix it and if not should I buy a new one or a used one. :smallbiggrin:

Does the issue only occur with Pokemon?

Does it occur with other games?

Cartridge or downloaded?

Does the problem occur on the main menu?

If downloaded, and the issue only happens with Pokemon, try backing up the save data (select program, lower left arrow on the "manual" menu area, backup save data), deleting and redownloading.

If cartridge, try it in a friend's 3DS if you can.

171akup
2015-04-13, 11:57 PM
Does the issue only occur with Pokemon?

Does it occur with other games?

Cartridge or downloaded?

Does the problem occur on the main menu?

If downloaded, and the issue only happens with Pokemon, try backing up the save data (select program, lower left arrow on the "manual" menu area, backup save data), deleting and redownloading.

If cartridge, try it in a friend's 3DS if you can.

It happens with everything, but Pokemon is the more touch screen used game I have. :smallbiggrin:

Karen Lynn
2015-04-14, 12:10 AM
There are a few teardown and repair guides for the 3ds online, but keep in mind these will void whatever warranty or trade value you would have.

171akup
2015-04-14, 12:23 AM
There are a few teardown and repair guides for the 3ds online, but keep in mind these will void whatever warranty or trade value you would have.

Ok well where is one of these and also I still have the Original Gameboy, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, gba, gba sp, Original ds, ds lite and the Original psp 1000. So the trade value is not a problem because I will never et rid of it.

Also I still have a Windows 95 laptop. :smallbiggrin:

cobaltstarfire
2015-04-14, 12:35 AM
You really would be better off just having Nintendo look at it for you, if it's still under warranty they'll even give you the means to ship it for free (other than having to purchase a box). Even if it isn't under warranty the cost to send it in will be cheaper than the cost of accidentally bricking your system and having to replace it.

Are you using a screen protector on your screen, is it dirty/smudged or anything like that?