PDA

View Full Version : [Star Trek Attack Wing] Romulan Recommendations

Strormer
2015-04-13, 11:02 PM
So I'm still very new to attack wing, but I've been building up my Romulan fleet and I need some advice. Currently I own the starter set plus the following Romulan ship expansions: Valdore, Scimitar, Gal Gath'thong, Vorta Vor, Prototype 01. Unfortunately, I can't pick up any more ships for while so sadly I won't have cloaked mines anytime soon.

My current 120pt fleet is the following.
Romulan Starship Valdore-Class
Donatra
Reman Boarding Party
Tal

IRW Gal Gath'thong
Valdore
Advanced Cloaking
Plasma Torpedos (5 dmg, rng 1-2)

Scimitar
Shinzon
All Forward Disruptor Banks (Shinzon special)
Target Weapon Systems (Shinzon special)
Full Stop (Shinzon special)
Attack Pattern Shinzon Theta (Shinzon special)
Reinforced Hull Plating

Any advice would be appreciated.

Chen
2015-04-14, 07:06 AM
You're missing perhaps the best card from the Valdore set which is the Tactical officer. It's one of the few ways Romulans can increase dice quality without having battlestations or a captain with some free actions. I also tend to prefer Torath on the Scimitar compared to Shinzon. Shinzon does give some value, but the Scimitar is very often cloaked so Torath's bonus is very nice.

Strormer
2015-04-14, 07:35 AM
Okay, I see your point.
I swapped in the tactical officer on the Scimitar, but I'm keeping Shinzon. If it was just the abilities, I'd probably go with Toreth, but 2 more Captain skill means a lot too. Plus I like having hidden elite talents that I can swap on the fly during tournaments. I also pulled both crew from the Valdore to make room for the tactical officer, so with only three points left I gave Donatra the counter attack elite.

The goal here is to keep attention focused on the Scimitar and then have the GG come out of nowhere and fire torpedoes from cloak for 6 damage several rounds in a row. (With advanced cloaking the ship pretty much just needs targets in front of it to be devastating.) At the same time, it's dangerous to ignore the Scimitar. What I'm worried about is someone busting out the Gor Portas with an energy dissapator.