PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Two-Weapon Master Prestige Class PEACH

JNAProductions
2015-04-14, 12:47 PM
This has been moved to the Dungeon Master's Guild, as part of Martial Prestige Classes.

Ralanr
2015-04-14, 12:55 PM
1. 5e doesn't have prestiege classes (as far as I know)
2. Dual wielder two doesn't seem to make sense. One, there are no heavy one handed weapons. Two, I assumed you could wield one handed non light weapons in your hand with Dual wielder one. If that's not the case then you've built a feat into two class features. If that's what you did, then why?

JNAProductions
2015-04-14, 12:58 PM
1. 5e doesn't have prestiege classes (as far as I know)
2. Dual wielder two doesn't seem to make sense. One, there are no heavy one handed weapons. Two, I assumed you could wield one handed non light weapons in your hand with Dual wielder one. If that's not the case then you've built a feat into two class features. If that's what you did, then why?

1) No it doesn not. So I made one.

2) I did build a feat into two class features. I didn't want to give it all at once (making it the equivalent of an ASI) so I split it in two, to make the power curve more even. It is possible to have the Dual-Wielder feat before taking this class, in which case, you largely waste two class levels. It's my intention that this be taken instead of Dual-Wielder, if you're planning on two-weapon fighting as best you can.

If you have any ideas for better abilities, I'd be happy to hear them.

Rfkannen
2015-04-14, 01:02 PM
It all seems very good.

The wording at bit can be a tiny bit confusing. Like dual weilding 2 should read something like, you can know dual weild any non heavy one handed weapons.

I would change two weapon master. Every time you make a weapon attack with your main hand, you automatically can make a singular attack with your off hand weapon. You can only do this once per attack, and when you do so you may not spend a bonus action to attack again on that attack. So when you have 2 attacks you can attack 4 times, but when you attack once you still only have 2 attacks.

JNAProductions
2015-04-14, 01:19 PM
Extra Attack is required to take this class, so you get two attacks with your basic attack action, and then two more with your bonus action. Under your suggestion, you get three with your regular attack, and still only one extra for your bonus action. Two-Weapon Master is unchanged.

Your edit for Dual-Wielder II has been done, though. Thank you.

grimm1989
2015-04-14, 04:20 PM
Ok so Dual wielder 1/2 are redundant like i mean completely. This is easily obtained at level 4 by taking 1 feat. Just pointing this out as it guts most of this prestige class.

JNAProductions
2015-04-14, 04:36 PM
I am aware that this replicates a feat. That is intended.

With that in mind, do you have suggestions for what to replace it with? Or how to add to it? I do want this class to be available without requiring the Dual-Wielder feat, so having it grant Dual-Wielder seemed to make sense.

NeoSeraphi
2015-07-07, 12:21 PM
I feel like this class should grant the Whirlwind Attack feature at some point. Rangers are giving it up to go into this class, which they don't want, and fighters are giving up fighter things to go into this class, so Whirlwind Attack would be a nice feature to give them in exchange.

JNAProductions
2015-07-07, 01:30 PM
Any idea where it could go?

NeoSeraphi
2015-07-07, 01:35 PM
I'd actually put it in instead of the ASI. I feel like prestige classes should offer enough power and utility that you give up ASIs completely for them. That's what should separate them from advancing in the base class. You trade the bonus feats or raw ability scores for unique effects.

JNAProductions
2015-07-07, 01:40 PM
I'm wary of removing the ASI. Two-Weapon fighitng is already one of the weaker choices, so adding in extra punishment (removal of an ASI for an okay ability) seems in poor taste.

Perhaps just add it in in addition to the ASI? Or would that be too much?

Gr7mm Bobb
2015-07-09, 09:15 PM
I compiled a feat that does something that you might like the mechanics from. This is not entirely my set of ideas, but more of a pick-and-pull with wordy cleanup. please let me know what you think though. It was designed to produce more damage to at least try and catch up with the offensive juggernaut that is the GWF, while trying to not bog the game down with extra attack rolls. anyway enough chatter here's the link: http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Two_Weapon_Offense_(5e_Feat) and the feat itself.

Two Weapon Offense
Prerequisite: Strength or Dexterity Score of 13 or higher.

Increase your Strength or Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
Once per Attack action when you hit with a either your main hand or off hand while dual wielding, you add the weapon damage from your other weapon to your damage rolls.
When you use your reaction for an attack of opportunity while dual wielding, you may make a single attack roll and apply both your main hand and off-hand damage dice. Your modifier only applies once to this attack.

NeoSeraphi
2015-07-10, 09:49 AM
That's a terrible way of doing it. Putting a feature you want in your class as an ASI is basically the same as replacing the ASI with it, but now it's available to those outside your prestige class as well.

Gr7mm Bobb
2015-07-10, 11:41 AM
That's a terrible way of doing it. Putting a feature you want in your class as an ASI is basically the same as replacing the ASI with it, but now it's available to those outside your prestige class as well.

Me or JNA?

Also @ JNA, what did you think?

JNAProductions
2015-07-10, 11:43 AM
I think you? But it easily could be me. *Shurgs*