PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Enemies

Falcos
2015-04-14, 01:42 PM
Greetings, all! I'm building a themed campaign for somebody, and I need ideas for the enemies that are described as "beautiful" in their entries.

The things I'm talking about are things like Succubi, Dryads, other supernaturally "beautiful" creatures.

However, honestly, those two are all I can think of. Any further ideas from anybody?

Additionally, I need to find deities of beauty or lust or love or similar, if anybody has any ideas for that either.

List so far:
Succubi
Dryad
Selkies
Nereids
Erinyes
Rusalka
Nymph
Animated Object - Statue
Stone Golem shaped like beautiful creator
Caryatid Column
Merfolk
Leshay
Frostwind Virago
Gloura
Visilights
Glaistig
Petals
Titans
Lillends
Sirene
Elemental Weirds
Yuki-onna
Sylph
Pleasure Devil
Lilitu
Doppelgangers (?)
Changelings (?)

Deities:
Sotillon
Sune
Aphrodite
Freya
Sharess
Halani Celanil (Yes, it counts)
Lastai
Evening Glory

Things that can be applied to other things:
Half-Fey
Half-Dryad
Otherworldly Countenance
Celestial Bloodline
Radiant Creature
Axiomatic Creature
Unearthy Beauty
Blinding Beauty
Inner Beauty
Paragon Creature - BBEG material

Geddy2112
2015-04-14, 01:53 PM
Selkies and Nereids are both beautiful but dangerous sea creatures. Selkies are good at lying, and Nereids fascinate creatures sexually attracted to females within 30 ft.

Ben Powers
2015-04-14, 01:58 PM
Nymphs are literally blindingly beautiful

Falcos
2015-04-14, 02:12 PM
List as it stands: Succubi, Dryads, Selkies, Nereids.

Any others people can think of?

As a second, related question, I also need to find many deities of beauty or attraction or lust or love or similar. Any thoughts on that too? I can only think of Sune.

Cruiser1
2015-04-14, 02:16 PM
List as it stands: Succubi, Dryads, Selkies, Nereids.
As a second, related question, I also need to find many deities of beauty or attraction or lust or love or similar. Any thoughts on that too? I can only think of Sune.
Add to the list: Erinyes (MM beautiful devils), Rusalka (FB beautiful water fey)
For deities of beauty add: Aphrodite (DaD Olympian pantheon)

Falcos
2015-04-14, 02:17 PM
Will put a list in the OP. Thanks so far, all, but I'm still looking for more if they're out there. :)

Ben Powers
2015-04-14, 02:26 PM
... Nymphs, dude. Nymphs.

Flickerdart
2015-04-14, 02:28 PM
Celestial creatures are described as "more beautiful than their earthly counterparts." Elves, Wild Elves, and Avariel are also described as being beautiful.

Otherworldly Countenance says "You are either stunningly beautiful or wretchedly hideous." Sotillon is a goddess described as a beautiful woman. Celestial Bloodline says "characters with couatl or lillend ancestors are often physically beautiful."

So the sexiest thing in the world is going to be a Half-Fey (descended from nymph) Celestial Avariel sorceress with Otherworldly Countenance and Celestial Bloodline.

Falcos
2015-04-14, 02:33 PM
To the Nymphs thing: They've been mentioned twice already, but yes, I will once again say that about Nymphs. (EDIT: I apologize, I was conflating Nymphs and Dryads, how silly of me.)

As for Celestial beings... That's pretty broad, I'm not sure I should use that.

For further context, the campaign is a campaign in which someone is cursed to be opposed by the beauty they desire, as they're a vain female who wishes to be the most beautiful woman in existence.

So I'm trying to find beautiful opponents for them. I'll use Celestials maybe, but I'm not sure if they're the right *kind* of beauty. If you know what I mean.

Jowgen
2015-04-14, 02:38 PM
Add the Monstrous Vampire template (Ghostwalk) to your nymph, plus a level of monk or similar, for one hell of a beautiful yet powerful BBEG. :smallwink:

Asrrin
2015-04-14, 02:38 PM
The goddess Lloth and her Drow have an unhealthy fascination with beauty.

Red Fel
2015-04-14, 02:40 PM
What about Stone Golems (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/golem.htm#stoneGolem)? They're not explicitly beautiful, and they have a Cha of 1, but one's body is described as "frequently stylized to suit its creator." And really, is it so far-fetched that an appearance-oriented spellcaster might create an army of beautiful marble guardians? A related option is an Animated Object (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/animatedObject.htm), as you can explicitly create them from statues.

And let's not forget the Radiant Creature template, which gives a massive Charisma spike and makes you sparkle.

Falcos
2015-04-14, 02:45 PM
Ooh, hadn't thought of that Animated Object/Stone Golem thing. That's a good one, thanks.

As for Lloth/Lolth, while she's fascinated with beauty, she's not really a goddess of beauty, if you know what I mean.

And I was tossing up if the BBEG was going to be a Succubi or Nymph or Dryad. Thoughts?

Flickerdart
2015-04-14, 02:47 PM
What about Stone Golems (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/golem.htm#stoneGolem)? They're not explicitly beautiful, and they have a Cha of 1, but one's body is described as "frequently stylized to suit its creator." And really, is it so far-fetched that an appearance-oriented spellcaster might create an army of beautiful marble guardians? A related option is an Animated Object (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/animatedObject.htm), as you can explicitly create them from statues.
Sadly, no matter how well you craft them, stone golems don't jiggle.

Keltest
2015-04-14, 02:48 PM
Ooh, hadn't thought of that Animated Object/Stone Golem thing. That's a good one, thanks.

As for Lloth/Lolth, while she's fascinated with beauty, she's not really a goddess of beauty, if you know what I mean.

And I was tossing up if the BBEG was going to be a Succubi or Nymph or Dryad. Thoughts?

If you want to be creative, you could take something distinctly NOT beautiful and give it a combination of charm magic and illusions to fake it really well.

Telonius
2015-04-14, 02:50 PM
Lastai is a deity from BoED that could fit.

EDIT: Evening Glory, from .... Book of Bad Latin? (afb right now, can't recall...) for a certain value of "love."

MyrPsychologist
2015-04-14, 02:54 PM
Sadly, no matter how well you craft them, stone golems don't jiggle.

What I'm hearing is....flesh golems.

DrMotives
2015-04-14, 02:54 PM
There's also the axiomatic creature (aka perfect creature) template from Manual of the Planes. They're the lawful version of fiendish / celestial creatures, and are described as more beautiful than Prime Material counterparts. You could also look for the radiant creature template for things from the Plane Of Radiance, although I can't recall the source for it. Dragon Magazine maybe?

FocusWolf413
2015-04-14, 02:58 PM
What I'm hearing is....flesh golems.

Stop trying to give The Monster a bride.

Rubik
2015-04-14, 03:00 PM
Sadly, no matter how well you craft them, stone golems don't jiggle.Name your stone golem Candi and see if your players get the joke.

Know(Nothing)
2015-04-14, 03:12 PM
In the vein of animated objects, Caryatid Column(FF, I think).

Merfolk

Are Sirens a thing? I can't remember if I've seen them statted or not.

Falcos
2015-04-14, 03:14 PM
While I cannot make stone golems jiggle, I can nail water balloons to them, if jiggling was the goal. (It's not, incidentally)

I could go for something non-beautiful, Keltest, but that wouldn't fit the curse (which was bestowed by a deity, not the BBEG)

Initial post lists updated, new list added.

I don't know if Sirens have been statted. Love to know if anybody can confirm, I'm currently AFB myself while brainstorming this idea.

Keltest
2015-04-14, 03:19 PM
I could go for something non-beautiful, Keltest, but that wouldn't fit the curse (which was bestowed by a deity, not the BBEG)

If you say so. I disagree, but its your setting so I wont push.

Falcos
2015-04-14, 03:22 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like your idea and shall definitely be using for non-BBEG enemies.

It doesn't fit for the BBEG, though, in my opinion.

But thank you anyway. :)

CrazyNoob
2015-04-14, 03:24 PM
Leyshay (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/leshay.htm), I don't remember where or when, but the analogy used to describe them to me was,"elves are to humans, as Leyshay are to the elves" in terms of their beauty, that and their Cha score is an impressive 47.

Flickerdart
2015-04-14, 03:25 PM
Initial post lists updated, new list added.
There's also Sotillion, a goddess of leisure described as beautiful.

Spells-wise there are unearthly beauty and blinding beauty in the BoED. Inner beauty (FC 1) makes a creature's appearance fit its soul (so demons become hideous, and good creatures become beautiful).

darksolitaire
2015-04-14, 03:29 PM
Frostwind Virago from MM5 is beatiful, but not very hot.

...because, you know, frostwind.

Falcos
2015-04-14, 03:34 PM
Initial post updated, I am going to have to steal that pun also.

Sorry.

Red Fel
2015-04-14, 03:46 PM
Leyshay (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/leshay.htm), I don't remember where or when, but the analogy used to describe them to me was,"elves are to humans, as Leyshay are to the elves" in terms of their beauty, that and their Cha score is an impressive 47.

If you're willing to delve into the ELH, the Paragon Creature (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/paragonCreature.htm) template is an option. A Paragon Creature is that creature that embodies a race to its utmost. Ignoring the mechanical features - such as all ability scores being 15 higher than base, it's the concept at which you want to look. If a race embodies beauty, then a Paragon of that race embodies the maximum beauty potential of the race. For example, given that a Nymph can cause people to go blind just looking at her beauty, a Paragon Nymph would be beauty incarnate. As an aside, the Paragon template increases the DC on special attacks (such as Blinding Beauty) by +13; that already-respectable DC 17 Fort save becomes an awesome DC 30 save vs permanent blindness. Even if a race doesn't embody beauty, the Paragon is still a "perfect" example of that race, and therefore - with the exception of races that embody ugliness - is likely to be stunningly beautiful by default.

Note, however, that Paragon is an epic template; at its lowest, it's a +18 CR. Suitable for a BBEG, perhaps, but hardly for an average encounter.

One more thing! It seems we've forgotten the Gloura (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e)! A fey that's explicitly described as beautiful, and loved by most of the creatures of the Underdark (no small feat!), and gains Charisma to AC and saves - it's so pretty it can't be hit!

DeltaEmil
2015-04-14, 03:47 PM
Visilights from Monster Manual 3 are extraplanar outsiders from the Positive Energy Plane who go around draining Charisma from beautiful creatures that have a higher Charisma score than them.

Vampires can be sexy and beautiful, even without sparkle powers.

Many hags can assume the form of a beautiful woman, before they troll you (sometimes literally) and revert to their true appearance during the act.

The Song Dragon from Monsters of Faerūn is known to always assume the form of beautiful women.

ksbsnowowl
2015-04-14, 03:58 PM
Glaistig from the MM3.

Another deity would be Freya from the Asgardian pantheon in Deities and Demigods.

Red Fel
2015-04-14, 04:05 PM
The Song Dragon from Monsters of Faerūn is known to always assume the form of beautiful women.

To be fair, most dragons take human form, and they generally like attractive ones. Not to mention they tend to be high-Cha creatures. Unless them being dragons violates the rule on "true form being attractive," they're a good choice.

This is a Red Dragon:
http://www.dragnix.net/Digital_and_Analog_Dragons/Dragon_Half/dragonhalf_06.jpg
(Source: Dragon Half)

Metahuman1
2015-04-14, 04:07 PM
Petals are a form of Tiny Fey in MM 3 that I seem to recall getting the beautiful description.

Titans are described as generally being very, very tall very, very athletic very good looking humans in appearance.

Lillends are described as beautiful women with large, feathery rainbow colored wings form the waist up and snakes with gorgeous rainbow colored dazzling scales from the waste down.

Sirens if no one's mentioned them yet are said to be beautiful.

EyethatBinds
2015-04-14, 04:44 PM
Elemental Weirds (MM2 pg 90) are half beautiful woman and the other half elements. There are snow and ice weirds in Frostburn too but I don't recall the page.

Caryatid Columns also are constructs specifically built to look like beautiful women. They also turn into columns of stone, so there's probably a pun or two there.

Ben Powers
2015-04-14, 04:52 PM

Hate to be the Nymphs guy, but if it was my game I would go with Nymph. Succubi will tailor their beauty to a target to tempt them, and dryads are more tree-people. With nymph you get blinding beauty, stunning glance, cha to AC and druid casting. Great recipe for a BBEG.

Metahuman1
2015-04-14, 04:55 PM
Yukiona (I might have spelled it wrong.) are another creature in Frostburn that take the forms of beautiful women.

Chronos
2015-04-14, 05:52 PM
Sylphs are described as being attractive, as well. Monster Manual II.

And succubi are already on the list, but there's also erinyes, from the other end of the Blood War.

Seclora
2015-04-14, 06:42 PM
The Pleasure Devil from Fiendish Codex II is basically a lawful Succubus, only promoted from devils who are base Erinyes. And their Counterpart, the Lilitu from Fiendish Codex I. It's everything a Succubus wants to be, but more so and so much more. Both of those should be on the list.

Rubik
2015-04-14, 06:52 PM
Dragons.

Hey, there must be a reason why there are half-dragon everythings.

Cruiser1
2015-04-14, 07:36 PM
I don't know if Sirens have been statted. Love to know if anybody can confirm, I'm currently AFB myself while brainstorming this idea.
Yes, the Sirine is statted in MM2. They're Aquatic Fey with CHA 17 and Charm Monster at will:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110813210624/sfery/images/thumb/9/98/Syrina.jpg/500px-Syrina.jpg

DeltaEmil
2015-04-14, 07:49 PM
To be fair, most dragons take human form, and they generally like attractive ones. Not to mention they tend to be high-Cha creatures. Unless them being dragons violates the rule on "true form being attractive," they're a good choice.

This is a Red Dragon:
http://www.dragnix.net/Digital_and_Analog_Dragons/Dragon_Half/dragonhalf_06.jpg
(Source: Dragon Half)The stronger metallic dragons (anything above copper) could assume beautiful animal or humanoid form, yes. They can also take the form of normal-looking dudes and dudettes, or ugly ones if they wanted (like, for the purpose of infiltrating evil races hideout and trying to teach them the virtue of being good and nice, before they'll simply kill them all). However, song dragons are notorious for only taking human female forms, no matter the gender of the song dragon in its true form.

Another race of beautiful looking people are the Inspired from the Eberron Campaign Setting, specifically bred by the Quori to be pleasant host bodies.

Falcos
2015-04-14, 07:50 PM
Initial lists updated.

Going to avoid dragons, because they're not quite what I'm going for here. Definitely an idea for side enemies, but not the roster of main fights I'm putting together.

atemu1234
2015-04-14, 07:51 PM

And let's not forget the Radiant Creature template, which gives a massive Charisma spike and makes you sparkle.

And it's an inherited template, unless I am mistaken. One could say they've been passed down in my family for generations?

Rubik
2015-04-14, 07:52 PM
Initial lists updated.

Going to avoid dragons, because they're not quite what I'm going for here. Definitely an idea for side enemies, but not the roster of main fights I'm putting together.But dragons are just faaabulous.

http://stevenarch.tymoon.eu/ga/src/13193572872.png

Gopher Wizard
2015-04-14, 07:52 PM
You don't have dopplegangers? Those things can mimic anyone so they can transform to mimic the specific definition of beauty held by the person they are in front of. Beauty is a subjective and relative term, but a doppleganger can change its form to meet any definition of it.

Rubik
2015-04-14, 07:58 PM
You don't have dopplegangers? Those things can mimic anyone so they can transform to mimic the specific definition of beauty held by the person they are in front of. Beauty is a subjective and relative term, but a doppleganger can change its form to meet any definition of it.As can changelings. And they can afford class levels, what with no CR adjustments or LA.

Maglubiyet
2015-04-14, 08:55 PM
Let me guess...this has something to do with the BoEF?

Falcos
2015-04-14, 09:11 PM
...No. No it does not.

It's honestly a curse plot, not an ERP.

(I don't think there's a "sincerity mode" colour generally used on these forums, or I'd be using it)

atemu1234
2015-04-14, 09:14 PM
...No. No it does not.

It's honestly a curse plot, not an ERP.

(I don't think there's a "sincerity mode" colour generally used on these forums, or I'd be using it)

I think taupe should do it. Or beige.

Rubik
2015-04-14, 09:15 PM
I think taupe should do it. Or beige.But it's pure and unsullied.

It should be white.

This is the internet, so it must hide itself in shame. :smallbiggrin:

Seclora
2015-04-14, 09:21 PM
But dragons are just faaabulous.

http://stevenarch.tymoon.eu/ga/src/13193572872.png
Only the most Mustachio'd of Dragons could be considered truly Fabulous.
http://media2.teenormous.com/items/ih3.redbubble.net/work.7503056.2.fc-550x550-army.v3.jpg

The Insanity
2015-04-14, 09:31 PM
Reskinning is your friend.

Red Fel
2015-04-14, 09:40 PM
And it's an inherited template, unless I am mistaken. One could say they've been passed down in my family for generations?

This is a Human with the Radiant Creature template.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/6790157/images/1258753938529.jpg

Seclora
2015-04-14, 09:47 PM
This is a Human with the Radiant Creature template.

So...Awesome.

Rubik
2015-04-14, 10:07 PM
So...Awesome.He should count for the list, no matter who or what he's compared to.

YossarianLives
2015-04-14, 10:15 PM
Is that... An eight-pack?

Rubik
2015-04-14, 10:30 PM
Is that... An eight-pack?It's actually a 12-pack. He's twice the man that anyone else is.

goto124
2015-04-14, 10:42 PM
Are there straight ladies or gay men in your group? They might appreciate some fanserive directed at them, instead of just shapely nubile women all the way :P

Refluffing works. Succubi? Incubi. And such.

'Before you starts a nymph...'
'I attack her.'
'Him.'
'Huh?'
'It's a male. Not completely naked though- he's wearing a feather in his hair.'

:smallcool:

Falcos
2015-04-14, 10:50 PM
Every player involved (including myself, as the DM) is entirely gender-neutral in our preferences...

However, the curse is going to be on a female, and therefore I need specifically female creatures for the enemies. There's more than one curse in play, but this is the only "beauty" one.

Rubik
2015-04-14, 11:06 PM
Every player involved (including myself, as the DM) is entirely gender-neutral in our preferences...

However, the curse is going to be on a female, and therefore I need specifically female creatures for the enemies. There's more than one curse in play, but this is the only "beauty" one.Men can be beautiful, too.

After all...

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/guilty-gear/images/8/85/Bridget.png/revision/latest?cb=20111017161514

...is male.

Flickerdart
2015-04-14, 11:18 PM
Actually, incubi are statted separately in a Dragon issue - they're goaty rape demons, basically.

Bad Wolf
2015-04-14, 11:40 PM
Actually, incubi are statted separately in a Dragon issue - they're goaty rape demons, basically.

So, satyrs?

Falcos
2015-04-14, 11:58 PM
To clarify: I got players to pick each others' curses, and the beauty one was specifically females being jealous of the female's beauty. I would have gender-neutralled it, but I didn't write it, so it's out of my hands here.

Actually, I'm the DM. I will be gender-neutralling it. Forget being uncomfortable about disparity in genders.

Twice
2015-04-15, 03:11 AM
It's quite simple to have beautiful ghosts and vampires. The beauty of Medusa can be subjective, but being jealous of something with gaze attack can be hilarious. Pixies perhaps? Aasimar.

http://i.imgur.com/l98EyVY.png
A random personal idea of mine has actually been to have mage create an extremely well-preserved flesh golem using a single body.

atemu1234
2015-04-15, 06:06 AM
Are there straight ladies or gay men in your group? They might appreciate some fanserive directed at them, instead of just shapely nubile women all the way :P

'Before you starts a nymph...'
'I attack her.'
'Him.'
'Huh?'
'It's a male. Not completely naked though- he's wearing a feather in his hair.'

:smallcool:

My group hates me for making everything a bishonen. Author appeal and all that.

Red Fel
2015-04-15, 08:48 AM
The beauty of Medusa can be subjective,

The Medusa, in battle attire:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121007151956/p__/protagonist/images/thumb/2/26/Riderfate.png/500px-Riderfate.png

And in casual attire:
http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy294/japcosplayworldfandom/20070110-1168426791624.jpg

(Source: Fate/stay night)
Seriously, I can do this all day.

Tarlek Flamehai
2015-04-15, 03:53 PM
As noted earlier, Sirines are a race but sirens are monster classes for harpies and the like (from Savage Species).

Tarlek Flamehai
2015-04-15, 04:20 PM
AFB, ATM but...
Leanan Sidhe is a beautiful seducer of creative types (IIRC). A fey who inspires creativity like a muse, right before she drains you dry.

Haly-Nymph template from Dragon Magazine.

Fiend of Corruption is a class for any seducer type fiend (demon or devil).

Malcanthet, demon queen of the succubi and patron of the hedonistic and lustful (there were a few previous holders of this title--some of which are still around: Xinivrae, Shami-Amourae).

Isis, among other things, is a fertility goddess (but I'm not sure if that aspect is included in the published 3.x material).

Socothbenoth The Persuader, demon lord of perversion, sexual taboos.

Graz'zt The Dark Prince demon lord of tyrants, despots, guile, debauchery (an infamous seducer).

Rubik
2015-04-15, 04:24 PM
Graz'zt The Dark Prince demon lord of tyrants, despots, guile, debauchery (an infamous seducer).Apparently bisexual and quite pleasant and genteel. Ostensibly, his evil is simply to be so pleasant in giving you what you want that you'll willingly do anything for him, thereby making you his willing thrall. IIRC, he doesn't even particularly care about corrupting others; he wants what he wants, and if he can do so in a way that gives others what they want, then that's awesome; it gives him more people who love him. He does have some nasty agendas, however, and is willing to use others to get them, but he apparently holds no particular joy in tormenting or turning people.

Overall, surprisingly pleasant for a demon, especially a demon lord.

atemu1234
2015-04-15, 09:01 PM
Apparently bisexual and quite pleasant and genteel. Ostensibly, his evil is simply to be so pleasant in giving you what you want that you'll willingly do anything for him, thereby making you his willing thrall. IIRC, he doesn't even particularly care about corrupting others; he wants what he wants, and if he can do so in a way that gives others what they want, then that's awesome; it gives him more people who love him. He does have some nasty agendas, however, and is willing to use others to get them, but he apparently holds no particular joy in tormenting or turning people.

Overall, surprisingly pleasant for a demon, especially a demon lord.

Well, he's chaotic and evil I suppose, but not on the expected level, I would agree.

At least he has fun with his charisma score.