PDA

View Full Version : My Story Notes

Deckmaster
2007-04-14, 10:24 PM
I'm working on a story about superheroes. I don't know what format to make it in, but I've got a pretty well thought-out plotline worked out. I'd make it a webcomic but I can't draw. I do know it's pretty easily divided into volumes and issues like a comic. Since I have trouble actually writing things, I'm sharing my notes with you, mostly in an effort to motivate myself into actually writing something. This is only the important plot points. Tell me what you think. Also, this is just the first two arcs. I've got a lot more planned out.

Oh, and yes, I do know the basic concept is similiar to Heroes and X-Men.

Volume 1: Heroes
Covers a period of 3 weeks. Each issue except for the last is a spotlight focusing on meta-humans discovering their power, and the fallout resulting from it.

Issue 1: Sonic Boom and Meta-Girl: Two ordinary people, Eric Riley and his cousin, Zoe James, discover they have extraordinary powers (sound wave manipulation and innate combat prowess, respectively). So they take the next logical step and become superheroes.

Issue 2: Lycanthrope: Micheal Covenant, an accountant with a dreary existance, one day turns into a beast-man when angered. He struggles to control and understand this strange power, while searching for the cause of his condition.

Issue 3: Sandstorm: In Iraq, a group of soldiers find themselves facing a foe with the ability to move sand telekinetically.

Issue 4: The Meta-Hunter: A teenage runaway with the ability to manipulate fire is chased by a mysterious cloaked figure through a junkyard. Ends with a cliffhanger.

Issue 5: Cat and Mouse: Special Agent Alexia Morgan is called in to track down the Meta-Hunter. Alexia is told the origins of the meta-humans; the secretive and failed Project Pandora, but is unaware as to how it spread to the general public. Ends with a cliffhanger.

Issue 6: Weird Girl: Kara Greene, the daughter of a wealthy technology tycoon, discovers she can read minds. Her sanity is threatened because she does not yet know how to filter it.

Issue 7: The Beginning: The threads are drawn together as a government team tries to recruit Eric and Zoe into a new force, designed to contain the meta-human threat. Features also Michael, Alexia, and Kara, as well as the only survivor from Sandstorm, Major Jason Knight. Also features Kara's father, Simon Greene, who is aware of the existance of meta-humans and considers them a threat, and Arthur Kent, the self-proclaimed "smartest man on the planet," with an IQ of 250. Ends the first arc.

Volume 2: Villians
Covers a period of six months. Reveals the major villian and deals with the first missions of the Meta-Human Defense Force, who are our protagonists.

Issue 1: Bad Guys: The fire manipulator from The Meta-Hunter resurfaces with an earth manipulator at his side when they break into a museum and steal a Nazi artifact. It seems that he has changed considerably. The Meta-Human Defense Force soon arrive and a battle ensues. It is revealed in the end that he has been brainwashed by the Meta-Hunter.

Issue 2: Breakout: A convict escapes from prison using newly found powers of invisibility.

Issue 3: Deathproof: A gangster discovers that he cannot be killed and uses that power to take on rival gangs.

Issue 4: The Elementals: The Meta-Hunter reveals himself with four brainwashed lackeys, including the pair from Bad Guys. They have powers themed around the four elements. This time, they try to steal technology from Simon Greene's company; technology developed by Kent. Despite less than a warm welcome from Greene, the meta-human members of the MDF arrive to detain them. The Meta-Hunter is referred to as Void by one of his lackeys.

Issue 5: Switch: At the same time, Alexia and Jason track down a meta-human named Switch with the power of disguise to an old building in Berlin, where she unwittingly reveals her connection with Void. The truth of this connection is not yet revealed.

Issue 6: The Asp: The MDF find a clue which connects Void to an eccentric British actor name Richard Argent. The MDF get authority to covertly recon his home, only to be drawn into a battle with the Elementals. At one point, Kent's mind is scanned by Void. Argent is revealed as the mastermind behind Void, the Elementals, and Switch, although his exact plans are unknown. He refers to himself as The Asp.

Issue 7: The First Betrayal: The MDF begin to suspect they have a traitor in their midst. Using a detection method developed by Kent to find someone who has been brainwashed by Void, they try to weed the traitor out. Before they can test Alexia, she disappears and is tracked down to a warehouse, where she reveals herself as the traitor and sets off a trap. Ends the second arc.

Volume 3: Dillemmas
Covers a period of 2 months. Focuses on the internal dillemmas of several characters and reveals The Asp's motives, as well as taking things in an unexpected direction.
Issue 1: Team Two: The Elementals, having recovered from their brainwashing, are made into a second team of the MDF. However, now that they are no longer being brainwashed, their personalities begin to clash.
Issue 2: Clockwork: Left for dead in the warehouse at the end of Volume 2, Alexia resurfaces, leading a team of meta-humans that The Asp has gathered to replace his lost forces. She has been bionically augmented, using designs pulled from Kent's brain.
Issue 3: Fusion: It is revealed that The Asp and Simon Greene have been working together to build a device that could combine two or more meta-humans to make them more powerful. Greene thinks it will cure them. The issue ends with Greene and the Asp accidentally using the device to fuse with each other, creating a new entity that calls himself Grasp.
Issue 4: Chain of Command: The future of the MDF is threatened when a government review board deems them a failure.
Issue 5: The True Face of Evil: Zoe is approached by Switch and asked to join Grasp's side. After hearing what she has to say, Zoe begins to wonder if she's on the right team.
Issue 6: Kent's Theories: This issue focuses solely on Kent's theories about the origins of the meta-humans and the role they will play in the future.
Issue 7: The Ubermensch: Grasp's plot is revealed! He plans to awaken from stasis a Nazi experiment known as the Ubermensch and use it to overthrow the government. An epic battle ensues. Team Two seems to sacrifice themselves to save the others. Ends the third arc.

Volume 4: Ruins
Covers a period of three days, the shortest time yet. Deals with the aftermath of the battle with the Ubermensch.
Issue 1: Stages of Grief: Jason, Michael, and Eric pursue Grasp, all the while dealing with the possibility that Team Two, and possibly Zoe, are all dead.
Issue 2: The Chase: Kara pursues Alexia. The two fight each other in a battle of mind vs. body. Ends with a cliffhanger.
Issue 3: The Second Betrayal: Goes back in time to follow Zoe's actions since her meeting with Switch, to reveal that she is a traitor, and that she is still alive.
Issue 4: Information: Kara returns with an unconscious Alexia. Alexia overcomes Void's brainwashing and becomes an informant, telling them where to find Grasp.
Issue 5: Virtual Insanity: The MDF arrive at Grasp's lair, only to fall into a trap and be put in a mad virtual reality game where the only winner is Void.
Issue 6: Angel: Alexia is given an upgrade, and is sent out to rescue the rest of the team.
Issue 7: Ghost in the Machine: Void, trapped in cyberspace, enters Alexia's systems as a virus and takes over her body, and transmits the location of their base to an unexpected foe; the Ubermensch, AKA Siegfried, who survived the battle. Ends the fourth arc.

Edit: Added in details of two more arcs.

InaVegt
2007-04-15, 03:49 AM
Sounds interesting

Deckmaster
2007-04-15, 01:11 PM
Here are the next two arcs.

Volume 5: Battles
Takes place over the course of a few hours. Takes place mostly during Seigfried's assault on the base, with a few asides to the future and the past.
Issue 1: Killing Time: As Seigfried and his allies assault the base, Arthur and Eric are holed up in the lab. Eric accidentally triggers a prototype time travel device and sends them 5 years into the future, where they find a dystopian world ruled by Seigfried.
Issue 2: The Deal: Michael plans to break some of the high-security prisoners detained on the base out so they can aid in resisting Seigfried. But first he needs proof he can trust them.
Issue 3: Medic: Jen Paulson, the newest MDF recruit, with healing powers, hides in the infirmary, and recounts what has brought her here.
Issue 4: Dark of Night: In a flashback, we follow the adventures of Team Two after they disappeared at the end of Volume 3. In the end, they arrive just as soldiers are about to break into the base to fight Siegfried.
Issue 5: Mindset: Kara and Jason face Alexia, under Void's control once again. Meanwhile, in her mind, Alexia fights Void.
Issue 6: Defused: Grasp's two halves fight for dominance.
Issue 7: Zero Hour: The final battle against Seigfried is joined. But not everyone will survive. Ends the fifth arc.

Volume 6: Discoveries
Covers a period of 2 months. Follows both sides as they try to recover from their costly battle.
Issue 1: Aftermath: The MDF pick up the pieces and move to a new base, and the new Team Two is put together.
Issue 2: Overman: With The Asp driven insane by his seperation from Greene, Siegfried takes control of his operations. Greene fights him for control of his company.
Issue 3: The Monk: The MDF finds a solitary monk in the Himalayas who possesses a strange power.
Issue 4: Type 3: Kent thinks that he has found a Type 3, the most powerful kind of meta-human. He sends a team to find her, but they aren't the only ones interested.
Issue 5: The Mimic: The MDF encounter a meta-human with the power to mimic the powers of other meta-humans.
Issue 6: Defection: Zoe resigns from Seigfried's employ...with a bang.
Issue 7: Torment: The Asp returns, allowing the remnants of Void's mind to merge with his, to create a new threat. Ends the sixth arc.

Wojiz
2007-04-15, 02:39 PM
The best advice I can give is to not make it like Heroes, in which the characters are less like actual heroes and more like regular people with the occasional supernatural feat or characters of a bland action show.

Deckmaster
2007-04-15, 04:12 PM
It's not really like either Heroes or the X-Men. I thought it up as a more realistic version of X-Men long before Heroes premiered. I had my supers dividing up into factions like in X-Men, but with the government getting more involved. Its actually also inspired by Stargate SG-1. Most of these plotlines and characters were thought up before Heroes.