PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Want to do something fun for my players (DSP, RH, SoP)

Vhaidara
2015-04-14, 07:10 PM
Fallenreality, get out. Now.

So, I'm about to embark my players upon a plane hopping adventure. It's going to occur at the end of Burnt Offerings, the first part of RotRL (I used it as a springboard). And I decided I want to give them each a special item that complements their character.

I have 5 players. They are all gestalt, and will be level 4 when they get these items.

Vivisectionist Alchemist//Armorist: Already have him figured out, it's purely lore related, not connected to his mechanics at all.

Shifter//Mageknight: He already has part of it. The character has a split personality. As in, his anger is literally fractured off. When he reaches 0 HP, his Alteration ability automatically triggers, and he switches to playing as Rage, who is a Mageknight//Primal Disciple Barbarian, with the buffs from his Shifter Alteration Sphere. Rage remains as long as he has rounds of Barbarian Rage, after which he reverts back. Rage is a psychopathic killing machine who does go full PvP (this was approved). Every round, he can make a Will Save (DC 15) to regain control (gaining a +1 bonus each round he fails)

My plan is to give him a scaling magic weapon, and the ability to assume Rage's form while retaining his mind. Every round in this form, he needs to make a Will Save (DC 10 + 2x the number of rounds in the form). When he fails, Rage takes over, and the character makes Will Saves as normal to regain control.

Incanter//Elementalist: This guy likes burning things. He is focused on fire, and throwing more fire. He also has a pet fire snake, Sir Hiss, who has run into problems with his Large size. The eventual goal is to make Sir Hiss into a dragon and have the main character able to use the Alteration Sphere to become a dragon.

My plan here is a bit simpler. First, Sir Hiss gets a collar allowing Free Action shifting between Huge and Tiny (assuming 2 purchases of Size Alteration, including the middle sizes). Second, the character himself gets a metallic staff that allows him to store Spell Points in it at the end of the day. It can hold up to Caster Level spell points at a time. However, because this character has the Wild Magic drawback, I wanted to spice it up a little by making Spell Points from the staff carry double the risk of proccing Wild Magic (20% instead of 10%). For perspective, we've gone 3 levels and he still hasn't triggered Wild Magic.

Symbiat//Harbinger: This gentleman is dank. He wields kukris telekinetically, and focuses on Black Seraph for his maneuvers (a bit of Shattered Mirror is mixed in). Also, he crits. A LOT.

I was planning on giving him a kukri called Mirror of the Mind. It would be able to replicate itself, allowing him to wield it as multiple weapons (he TWFs with them too). Still trying to think of a fun effect to add on to them, thinking something with Shattered Mirror maneuvers.

Occultist//Harbinger: Focusing on Razor, but I don't know his spirit focus yet. This is actually a new character, being introduced tomorrow, so I have to connect it more to mechanics than personality.

I was considering a tome, giving him access to the rituals needed to summon any spirit, which also marks the bearer as an ally to all spirits (gives a bonus on the pact check). Further, if he reads into the tome, he would discover dark secrets of magic that would amplify his curses, adding a round to the duration of any Curse effect he applies, as well as giving him a +2 perfection bonus to the save DC

Mithril Leaf
2015-04-15, 09:15 AM
Mirror of the Mind, you know what that says to me?
Nerra.
You know what Nerra have in the playable monster project?
Awesome crits.
Give Mirror of the Mind a crit set of 18-20/x3 or even 18-20/x4. Match the enhancement bonus with his current weapons.

Vhaidara
2015-04-15, 02:17 PM
I don't really want to go the way of raw power. This guy is planning on grabbing Keen asap, and he already has crit three times in a row. I was thinking something to compliment his Shattered Mirror maneuvers instead. Like 1/encounter Lightning Recovery of a Mirror maneuver.

Kaidinah
2015-04-15, 08:23 PM
How about the Mirror of the Mind grants 1 additional Mirror Image when using Shattered Mirror effects that grant Mirror Images?

CGNefarious
2015-04-15, 08:33 PM
Shattered mirror uses crafting, right? What about something that takes that generally useless skill and make it better? Like he can use craft in place of UMD or something. Otherwise you could do something to enhance one of his movement modes.

Vhaidara
2015-04-15, 08:52 PM
How about the Mirror of the Mind grants 1 additional Mirror Image when using Shattered Mirror effects that grant Mirror Images?

Need to look over the discipline and see how much that would come up, but I was thinking something more general. Though perhaps making his mirror images partially real...

Shattered mirror uses crafting, right? What about something that takes that generally useless skill and make it better? Like he can use craft in place of UMD or something. Otherwise you could do something to enhance one of his movement modes.

I gave all my players a free craft/profession skill, so the tax is nonexistent. Also, UMD is one of the most useless skills in the game for me, ironically. If you buy it, you're shown/told how to use it.