PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Eldritch Disciple

Kesnit
2015-04-14, 10:55 PM
Given the lethality of the campaign (and the fact that the party has changed from being all ranged to mostly melee and no support), I have decided to break out a back-up character I built a while ago. However, given the party changes, my build needs an update. Help...

The PC is a Spirit-Scourged Hellbred Warlock 1/Cloistered Cleric 4/Eldritch Disciple 5. The PC is intended to be a buff/debuff character, so I'm not going to use any spells that do HP damage. (Spells that reduce abilities are OK.) Obviously, if I need a weapon, I have Eldritch Blast.

Abilities (with modifiers)
STR 15
DEX 20
CON 16
INT 17
WIS 24
CHA 24

Feats
Protection Devotion
Practiced Caster (Cleric)
Knowledge Devotion
Obtain Familiar (Not sure what kind)

Gifts of the Divine Patron
Healing Blast
Protective Aura

Domains
Knowledge, Protection, Travel. (Selune)

Gear
Gloves of DEX +3
Peripat of WIS +4
Cloak of CHA +4
Nightstick (Not sure if the DM will allow nightstick stacking)
Rod of Eldritch Power (Frightful Blast)
Anklet of Translocation
Wand of Lesser Vigor
Wand of Lesser Restoration
Orb of Mental Renewal
+1 Studded Leather of Agility
Handy Haversack
Belt of Endurance
Ring of Protection +1

I still have aboout 4300 I can spend

Invocations
Baleful Utterance
See the Unseen
Otherworldly Whispers

I am debating between Fell Flight and Eldritch Chain as my 1 Lesser. Probably Fell Flight.

I'm also debating swapping out See the Unseen for something else. My racial darkvision is better than what See the Unseen gives (120' vs. 60') and the DM has yet to throw invisible monster at us. Eldritch Glaive is an option, but I don't have iterative attacks. (I will next level, though.) Dark One's Own Luck is also an option.

Troacctid
2015-04-14, 11:43 PM
Get a bat with your Obtain Familiar feat. That'll get you blindsense, which should be enough to counter invisible characters: once the bat determines what square they're in, you can toss a flour pouch there, or cast create water on their head or something. Then you can feel good about swapping see the unseen away.

Khedrac
2015-04-15, 06:18 AM
Gloves of DEX +3
Have you checked the existence of this item with your DM? WotC explicitly state that stat boost items should never have odd values (yes I know they then do the inherent gain books as odd numbers - that's WotC for you).

Kesnit
2015-04-15, 08:35 AM
Have you checked the existence of this item with your DM? WotC explicitly state that stat boost items should never have odd values (yes I know they then do the inherent gain books as odd numbers - that's WotC for you).

I (and other players) have used them on other PCs