PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Beguiler/Warlock/Eldritch Thurge

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-04-14, 11:34 PM
Is there a possible way to make Beguiler/Warlock/Eldritch Thurge synergy. I was planning on Beguiler 4/ Warlock 1/ Eldritch Thurge 10/Beguiler 5 in that order. Is this synergy good in anyway and I don't care if I lose skill point opportunities.

Reason: My favorite school of magic is illusion and I'm interested in Warlock(Fey) because of story wise at the end of the campaign I want my character to be a Archfey when retired. So naturally a little fey in him giving warlock abilities for the sake of character story.

Bad Wolf
2015-04-14, 11:47 PM
From what I know Eldritch Theurges tend to be better with Warmages, Sorcerers, and Wizards, mainly due to the prestige class being focused towards blasting. If you really want to be a beguiler, I'd advise picking up Arcane Disciple and getting a decent blasting domain.

Troacctid
2015-04-14, 11:53 PM
Well, Warlocks and Beguilers overlap a bit in their ability to play either a scout or a face role--there's some synergy there, with Warlocks getting things like their +6 to social skills invocation and the Blend into Darkness feat to hide in plain sight. But Eldritch Theurge kind of screws that up, since it takes away all the class skills and skill points that you really really need for that strategy. So I'm not really a fan.

If you really want to be a beguiler, I'd advise picking up Arcane Disciple and getting a decent blasting domain.

I don't know about that. Most blasters want to be able to cast their blasting spells more than once per day.

Bad Wolf
2015-04-14, 11:55 PM
Well, its still a good feat for spontaneous spell list casters.

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-04-15, 12:20 AM
Also anyone know a Arch-fey template for 3.0/3.5 for later use? I'd imagine its like a roided up fey/demi-god template.

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-04-15, 12:25 AM
What class combos do you recommend then keeping in this theme of a Illusion focused character.

FocusWolf413
2015-04-15, 12:31 AM
It actually works out fine. Drop illusions with your eldritch blasts. Ask your DM if he'll let you add spells with a single target (but no roll to hit) to it as well. It's a pretty common houserule in my experience.

Troacctid
2015-04-15, 01:11 AM
You don't really need a combo. You can accomplish everything you want just by keeping it simple: single-classed Beguiler is a fantastic illusionist.

nedz
2015-04-15, 06:25 AM
You don't really need a combo. You can accomplish everything you want just by keeping it simple: single-classed Beguiler is a fantastic illusionist.

Well it's useful to dip a level of a full casting PrC before you take Beguiler 7, so that you can grab Shadow Conjuration via Advanced Learning at level 8.

I did spend some time looking at
Rogue 1 / Beguiler 1 / Warlock 3 / Unseen Seer 10 (Advancing Warlock)
but I wasn't convinced
Rogue 1 / Beguiler 4 / Unseen Seer 10
is much better
Ideally you replace Rogue with Changeling Rogue or Spellthief and maybe take another level for evasion at some point.

Rogue 2 / Warlock 2 / Beguiler 1 / Unseen Seer 10 (Advancing Beguiler)
has some merit, though you have lost 4 casting levels
(Rogue 2 for Evasion, Warlock 2 for 2 invocations)
Eldritch Blast (with Eldritch Glaive) is quite useful for delivering sneak damage
Rogue 1 / Warlock 1 / Beguiler 3 / Unseen Seer 10 (Advancing Beguiler)
might be better

Mr Adventurer
2015-04-15, 06:35 AM
Why not just straight Beguiler with Fey Heritage feats?

atemu1234
2015-04-15, 06:54 AM
Also anyone know a Arch-fey template for 3.0/3.5 for later use? I'd imagine its like a roided up fey/demi-god template.

There's always the Seelie Fey template from Dragon Compendium. It boosts the power of fey creatures.