2007-04-14, 11:46 PM
X_X

I can't add one now, can I?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-14, 11:48 PM
Unfortunately, no.

Matthew
2007-04-14, 11:55 PM
Use the 'Report' Button to alert the mods. It looks as though you shouldn't, but they have in the past said that you should. I have reported this one for you.

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-04-14, 11:59 PM
I really don't know about this...

Okay, first you give a +2 to two very important stats for a druid/ranger: Con and Wis. That alone is a +1 equivelant. At least.

Then you stack on a BUNCH of immunities (including immunity to Sneak Attack), a way to threaten an additional 5', +2 natural armor bonus, DR 10/bludgeoning or magic, and a few SLA's.

Let's look at how this affects people:

Druid: two spell levels hurts, but to be able to add all this stuff to any living form I wild shape into... this is very worth it. Imagine using something like a Dire Bear to wild shape into. And for Rangers... I now threaten an additional 5' which means I can hit most things before they even close with me. If I grab feats to keep them from closing if I make that AoO, I can be a ranged Ranger without worrying about being closed with.

LA should be at least a +3, or you should nerf it. Drop the Wis bonus and it should do for a +2, there's no reason why getting a plant symbiote would make you any wiser, although it'll be one of the more broken +2 LA templates to apply.

My suggestion: make it a PrC. Prerequsites to include being a living creature, being able to cast Awaken on a plant creature, finding one with this PrC to infect you, and possibly some feat/BAB/whatever stuff thrown in as well.

Spread out the abilities over 10 levels of PrC, maybe let levels stack with Druid for Wild Shape, but only in reguards to Plants, either 7/10 or full spellcasting progression, and you're good to go.