PDA

View Full Version : Using 2 perform skills at once?

Temennigru
2015-04-15, 08:33 AM
I have a warforged bard character with a dvati template called Metallica.
I would like for him to sing while he plays 2 guitars. How would the performance check work?

Curmudgeon
2015-04-15, 09:10 AM
You'd do it the same as you would a normal character using multiple Perform skills at once (singing, strumming an instrument, dancing): make separate checks for each vs. the DC you're trying to make. Your DM will decide the total response if you're at different DCs for the different performance aspects.

Tohsaka Rin
2015-04-15, 10:21 AM
Versatile Performer feat, Complete Adventurer.

Gives you a buff to not only your perform check, but you get to crank up a few perform checks to equal the ranks of your highest perform skill. Very nice for RP.

atemu1234
2015-04-15, 12:09 PM

Gives you a buff to not only your perform check, but you get to crank up a few perform checks to equal the ranks of your highest perform skill. Very nice for RP.

Now I want a 1-Man band.

Tohsaka Rin
2015-04-15, 12:26 PM
Create a custom item of Sculpt Sound (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sculptSound.htm).

Cast it on several bells, one at a time, to make each sound as a different instrument.

Put the bells on a string, or attach them to a stick or something.

Shake.

???

Profit!

Ben Powers
2015-04-15, 12:48 PM

Once had a high level fighter/bard who used this, snowflake wardance and arcane strike together - longsword in one hand, tambourine in the other and bells on his boots. Multiple perform (percussion) for bardic music and perform (dance) for spinning & slashing.

He eventually got eaten by a T-Rex

KrimsonNekros
2015-04-15, 01:18 PM
Now I want a 1-Man band.

Mr. Welch, I do believe we already discussed this.

Temennigru
2015-04-15, 01:59 PM
versatile performer feat, complete adventurer.

Gives you a buff to not only your perform check, but you get to crank up a few perform checks to equal the ranks of your highest perform skill. Very nice for rp.

yes giff dis to me!

Tohsaka Rin
2015-04-16, 04:01 AM
He eventually got eaten by a T-Rex

Did you at least play the Jurassic Park theme while that happened?

Tiri
2015-04-16, 07:29 AM
plays 2 guitars.

How would he hold them? I'm pretty sure warforged only have 1 pair of arms.

atemu1234
2015-04-16, 07:32 AM

Wasn't there an item that functioned as an extra hand, for artificers or somesuch?

ZamielVanWeber
2015-04-16, 07:39 AM

His warforged has dvati characteristics, which includes the twin it appears (to my knowledge a dvati template is homebrew).

aspekt
2015-04-16, 08:01 AM

Truly, these are the questions which haunt our times.

As for one person band don't you remember daycamp songs? Just do this...

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands *clap*clap*..."

Of course it makes whatever rhythmic sound at the 'clap' sections a part of the music and song. Thus you might sing: If you're happy and you know it 'smash their heads', or 'slit their throats'; keeping of course to the general rhythm of the overall musical number and giving you two, count them, two performance checks. YMMV.

Ben Powers
2015-04-16, 10:34 AM

I think I more just jingled a bit. Maybe a rhythmic accompaniment of crunching bone. Dedicated performer.

Temennigru
2015-04-17, 12:36 AM
His warforged has dvati characteristics, which includes the twin it appears (to my knowledge a dvati template is homebrew).

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?307560-Dvati-Twins-Template