PDA

View Full Version : 3.X/PF Ki/Kiai Monk build

j_spencer93
2015-04-15, 09:03 AM
Ok so i have a player wanting to go back to a monk in our game from his Warlock. He wants to focus on Ki feats and Kiai feats. We are mixing PF and 3.X, and he strictly wants to be an actual monk.

So far to stick to this idea he has the planned feats:
Kiai
Greater kiai
Mighty kiai
Improved kiai
Yogic levitation
Ki BarrageDr306
Ki BlastPHB2
Stunning shout
Sense ki
Ki touch
Ki cloak
Focused kiai
Hadouken
Dimensional dervish
improved unarmed strike

total amount of feats will be 1 every odd level (10), two flaws (2), human (1), monk bonus (3+ improved unarmed strike). Are then any cool ki feats i have forgotten? I do not know much about pathfinder and simply got him these ideas off of the Pathfinder SRD.

Karl Aegis
2015-04-15, 10:15 AM
What do you mean by actual monk? The monk class does a poor job at modeling what most monks actually did,

j_spencer93
2015-04-15, 10:48 AM
This player wants to use the actual Monk class (he claims its powerful, but then again he claims wizards are weak lmfao). Anyways, he simply wants to make a monk, using the monk class, that uses ki and kiai feats. Pretty simple. I am just curious if i missed anything of use.

ben-zayb
2015-04-15, 11:37 AM
A bit off topic, but if the player is open to homebrew, my monk fix/alternate (linked in my sig) is Ki based and is based closely on the original monk in the PHB/SRD.

j_spencer93
2015-04-15, 08:52 PM
Honestly i don't think his character will be that good but oh well. we will see.

atemu1234
2015-04-15, 09:08 PM
This player wants to use the actual Monk class (he claims its powerful, but then again he claims wizards are weak lmfao). Anyways, he simply wants to make a monk, using the monk class, that uses ki and kiai feats. Pretty simple. I am just curious if i missed anything of use.

Throw a Wizard at him. Just give it metamagic feats and fireball. Even against that, he's dead.

j_spencer93
2015-04-16, 08:02 AM
Throw a Wizard at him. Just give it metamagic feats and fireball. Even against that, he's dead.

Off subject honestly, but ya. I know he is wrong. We all have told him he is wrong. Yet he still swears barbarians, fighters (he claims is best class because of the feats), and monks are better. Seriously, have destroyed his entire team with a caster before and he still claims this. Starting to think he just being an arrogant ass lol

Urpriest
2015-04-16, 11:09 AM
Why do you expect him to accept your help, though? He knows that you believe monks are weak, and he believes that monks are strong. The only way for him to reconcile that would be if he believed he knew more about monks than you did, which would mean he wouldn't listen to any of your build advice.

j_spencer93
2015-04-16, 11:14 AM
well #1 reason Urpriest is he ask for help in his build literally 100% of the time. Also, i have no problem with any of the classes. Simply put, a wizard is better then a monk. Now, personally Monk is a favorite class of mine actually. I really really like them. Also he scrapped this idea so NVM about it for now. Although i now am working on turning it into a NPC.

danzibr
2015-04-16, 01:06 PM
Off subject honestly, but ya. I know he is wrong. We all have told him he is wrong. Yet he still swears barbarians, fighters (he claims is best class because of the feats), and monks are better. Seriously, have destroyed his entire team with a caster before and he still claims this. Starting to think he just being an arrogant ass lol
Yes! Look at all the bonus feats a Fighter gets! An awesome (if not very flavorful) class.

More seriously, I too like the poor Monk. Since you're mixing PF and 3.X, are you open to archetypes?

j_spencer93
2015-04-16, 01:07 PM
lol i moved the NPC build to another thread, named after Tien Shinhan from DBZ, but yes I am.