PDA

View Full Version : Super Evil User's TES Lore Questions Thread (and general TES lore stuff, I guess)

Super Evil User
2015-04-15, 11:28 AM
Well, I've been itching to do this for some time now. Basically, I've played Elder Scrolls for a bit over three years now and have considerable exposure to the lore contained within. I'm just dying to share my knowledge with those interested in hearing about it. So, let's get these out of the way:

Basic Rules:

TES sources, like real life, are usually heavily skewed and full of propaganda. Sources are...confusing, so just because you read it in a book doesn't mean it's necessarily 100% accurate.
Adding to that, TES has been a thing for over a decade. Sources are really hard to look for, so you'll excuse me if I rarely (if ever) use them. If you want to argue, please do it nicely.
Please feel free to shoot me down if you feel like I'm getting too condescending. I have a track record of doing that sort of thing in the past, and it's hurt my credibility more than it's helped. Don't worry, I'll appreciate it later. Feel free to contest anything I'm saying, as long as you do it nicely.
Adding to that, if ESO's brought something new to the table that contests something I'm saying, please tell me. I'm not terribly familiar with ESO, as I lack the proper time, equipment, funding and attitude to run a sustainable MMO habit.
This is about TES lore, not TES gameplay or character-building. If you want to write a fan-fiction, there's a Crafts section over there. If you want to find a character build, use the main thread. I will happily help you over there.

Policies on out-of-game sources (especially regarding Michael Kirkbride):

If it's in-game (e.g. Sermons and Pelinal), it's included.
If it's out-of-game material but was directly referenced in-game (Heimskr's speech was partially derived from "From The Many-Headed Talos" (http://www.imperial-library.info/content/many-headed-talos)), it's included.
Generally I will include sources from Kirkbride that have to do with Morrowind, as he had a direct hand in writing that.
Other than that? No, because it's not likely canon. KINMUNE being Queen Ayrenn, for example, was refuted by ESO devs in a video.

With that out of the way, come to me freely and without stealth.