PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Soulknife Build Help

FocusWolf413
2015-04-15, 09:28 PM
I am building an Elan Cutthroat Soulknife and I am having some questions about feats. I might be able to pick up the Dark Creature template if the DM allows CR buyoff. I get two flaws. I am focusing on dexterity and using the agile weapon enhancement to help my SAD.

Assuming I am starting at 8th level, before items, I have:
(From 18, 16, 14, 14, 10, 10)
S 10
D 22
C 16
I 10
W 14
C 14

My blade skills are
2 Mindblade Finesse
4 Fast Stealth
6 Combat Slide
8 Full Enhancement

My feats, as of right now, are
1 Two Weapon Fighting
(Race, Class) Wild Talent x2
Two Flaws (Craven, Darkstalker, or Combat Reflexes)
3 Double Slice
5 Piranha Strike
(Class) Quick Draw
7 Staggering Strike OR Improved Two Weapon Fighting OR one of the feats that wasn't taken as a flaw

I eventually want to get two weapon rend. Can I have help deciding between the feats at the levels I am unsure about, as well as future feats? Help with magic items would also be appreciated. I get 33kgp.

EDIT: I am not sure if Mind Blade Finesse actually gives me Weapon Finesse. I think it might, but if not, my DM is lenient enough that he would allow the following revision: "Mind Blade finesse gives you the benefits of the weapon finesse feat when you are weilding the light version of your mind blade."

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-15, 09:42 PM
I'm not at all familiar with the PF Soulknife, but if you're using 3.5 material as well, see if you can trade your Wild Talent feats for Hidden Talent in XPH p67. It gives you the same benefit as Wild Talent, but it also gives you a 1st level psionic power from any class list that you can use as a 1st level manifester. Chameleon would be a superb choice for this.

FocusWolf413
2015-04-15, 09:48 PM
.....see if you can trade your Wild Talent feats for Hidden Talent in XPH p67. It gives you the same benefit as Wild Talent, but it also gives you a 1st level psionic power from any class list that you can use as a 1st level manifester. Chameleon would be a superb choice for this.

How would I switch it/what would my justification be if I can't do that by RAW? My DM is lenient within reason, but I need to provide the reason.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-15, 10:25 PM
How would I switch it/what would my justification be if I can't do that by RAW? My DM is lenient within reason, but I need to provide the reason.

From the feat itself:

Note: This is an expanded version of the Wild Talent feat,
intended for use in high-psionics campaigns.

mabriss lethe
2015-04-15, 10:32 PM
As for switching it out, it's an alternate class feature listed in this article on WotC's website (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a) If ACFs and WotC web content are allowed in the first place, swapping it is RAW.

FocusWolf413
2015-04-15, 10:38 PM
As for switching it out, it's an alternate class feature listed in this article on WotC's website (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a) If ACFs and WotC web content are allowed in the first place, swapping it is RAW.

That's super helpful. Thank you.

Should I get any special items, or are the standard shax haversack, stat bonus items, cloak of resistance, and armor okay?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-15, 10:58 PM
Should I get any special items, or are the standard shax haversack, stat bonus items, cloak of resistance, and armor okay?

Stat and resistance bonuses can be added onto other items, per MIC p234. So get your Anklet of Translocation and add a Dex bonus to it, get a Healing Belt and add a Con bonus, get a Banner of the Storm's Eye and add a resistance bonus to saves to it, etc. Go for all the necessary items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items) first, and then add all your boring bonuses to items you've already got.