PDA

View Full Version : [M&M 3e] The Summoner's World (IC)

Kymme
2015-04-15, 09:47 PM
Somewhere in this world, far from the ocean and out of the desert's sight, there lies a fertile valley where the clouds come to die. The clouds weep as they vanish, often blanketing the valley with heavy rains in spring, ferrocious storms in summertime, and deep snows in winter. The rain fosters the growth of massive trees, and from the color of these trees the valley gains it's name: Cerisine, the Valley of Redwoods. In the center of the valley there lies a lake, called Azhollow. On the north bank of Azhollow there sits a castle, with a city around it. This city is known as Flaremont, and it is the capital of the Kingdom of Cerisine.

This story is not about Flaremont. This story is about the Summer Solstice Saloon, and the two people currently inside it. Currently, the SSSaloon finds itself one thousand feet in the air, moving at forty five miles per hour. It has just reached the apex of its arc and is now plummetting at a rapid pace towards the crowded festival grounds below. The dozen or so normal patrons (who are suffering from a bad case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time) are at present screaming and clinging to everything that is nailed down. The shellshocked bartender is currently doing the same, while also desperately attempting to quaff a bottol of his finest liquor in one gulp.

Sitting partially-embedded in the bar is a tall knife-eared Elemental man named Bakasura. He wears a dark red, sleeveless overcoat (slightly dusty) and a beaked steel mask sits on his face. His sword is drawn, but hangs limply at his side.

Standing beside Bakasura is a shining example of the Fiend race. The youth's arms are thick twisted things, ending in hands like dinnerplates. His garb is simple, but with the otherworldly flair common to Fiends.

The two of them turn to look at each other as the building begins to descend, both of them lifted slightly into the air in the vortex of free fall.

~meanwhile~

A great onyx beast (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/246/7/1/golem_by_norbface-d6kvs9z.jpg) towers over a kaleidoscopic city of carnival tents and vendor stalls. People run in fear from the titananous creature as it rears up to its full height, nearly fifty feet from the tips of its devilish horns to its elephant-like feet. All, except one.

Standing before the monstrosity is a bleached white creature the size and shape of a man (http://myanimeshelf.com/upload/dynamic/2011-01/13/37.jpg), but there is where the resemblance stops. Large, black-feathered wings extend from it's back, while it's face twists forward into a long, eyeless snout that ends in a snarling mouth of square white teeth framed by puffy red lips. The creature sneers up at the titanic monster, chuckling out a challenge in it's odd, choked voice.

I've taken the liberty of rolling initiative for you guys. Anxome and Gigatex, you're up first!

Anxome and his Death of Armies, you guys start out with 2 hero points, as does Bakasura. Feel free to roll knowledge checks or whatever.

When the SSSaloon hits the ground (at initiative count 0 of this turn), everybody inside it will die. Anxome and Bakasura will have to make Toughness checks to avoid damage, also.

Hiding Dragon
2015-04-15, 11:22 PM
Anxome Clings for dare life to the bar diging one of his plate sized hands into the bar.
GIGATEX SAVE ME DAM IT! I DON,T PLAN ON DIEING TODAY! WE WILL HANDLE THAT JERK LATER!!!!!
Anxome rises his hand and orb of runes around him appear then fade a slight static field seems to surround Anxome.

On the Ground

Gigatex hears his master command and turns his massive head the slight should of stone grinding can be heard

<Anxome? I come now>
His voice is slow and gravely Gigatex looks at his foes and sneers and sheaths his massive stone blade in his chest and turns to the flying Bar with his master inside it . Gigatex crouch focusing his power to his legs and launches him self towards the SSallon and grabs it in mid air cradling in his arms.

Kymme
2015-04-16, 09:45 AM
Gigatex lands with earth-shattering force, uprooting small trees and shaking the ground for hundreds of yards. It is fortunate that the Golem's trajectory carried him away from the festival grounds. The only casualties are several of the building's windows.

As he sets the Saloon now in its new (somewhat remote) location, the whole building shudders, threatening to collapse in on itself. Luckily for the patrons inside, it does not.

TwentyFold
2015-04-16, 10:04 AM
Bakasura removes himself from the bar with a shrug as the saloon is dropped to the ground. Dust cascades upon all those within, and the form of Bakasura melds with it, disappearing, and then reappearing near the entrance, stomping out, while drawing his sword at the same time.

YOU PIECE OF SH*TE, YOU ARE GONNA DIE GRIFFITH! GET YOUR *RSE PREPARED YOU WINGED SON OF A VULTURE!

Bakasura yells this with extreme hate and a very heavy thought in his head of him about to take a shot of his ju ju juice (all the references). Then he raises his sword, as though to strike something before him, and swipes. A tear in the sky just above the square opens, and the tip of a giant sword of fire appears, launching with the force of a shrapnel from an explosion, embedding itself at the very spot Griffith stands.

Kymme
2015-04-16, 11:46 PM
Griffith spreads his wings wide as the sword of fire streaks towards him. Then, just as the red-hot projectile is about to strike him his wings snap together and he vanishes in a flutter of feathers. Bakasura's attack rips up the ground in a fiery explosion, sending bits of dirt and rock in all directions. Emerging from the dust on the left side of the fireball is Griffith, in pristine condition from tip to toe. His wings spread wide and clip together once more.

"NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON AN OPPONENT!" Faster than a thunderbolt, the winged hybrid has crossed the immense distance between himself and Gigatex and planted one of his fists into the behemoth's back. There is a split second of silence, and then a giant crater bursts into existence, sending Gigatex sliding forward as his feet dig deep furrows in the soft earth of the hilltop. Despite the immense force behind Griffith's punch, the Golem feels no different.

Bakasura's attack triggered Griffith's trap card reaction ability. On his turn, Griffith charged Gigatex and attacked him, but didn't manage to land a lethal blow. Gigatex and Anxome, you're up!

Hiding Dragon
2015-04-18, 12:01 AM
Anxome detaches his self from the bar and walks slowly to the door way and puts a a large plate hand on the frame.He lets out a angered breath that can be seen faintly.
You are going to dearly regret what you done you big teethed feathered brain JERK!
Anxome smashes his hand on the wooden frame small cracks appear.
GIGATEX BEAT HIM BUT DON,T KILL HIM I WANT TO DECK HIM ONE IN HIS FACE!
Gigatex oddly for his size In one fluid motion he pulls out his sword from his chest and lets out a long low War cry and swings his sword down aiming for his current foe shoulder.

Kymme
2015-04-18, 12:29 AM
Griffith sees the sword coming but doesn't have time to unfurl his wings. Instead, the summoner raises his arm and takes the Dragon's sword to the back of his wrist. The force of Gigatex's attack drives him knee deep into the ground, like a hammer on a nail, in addition to carving an inch-deep notch in Griffith's wrist.

Gigatex's attack hits, inflicting 1 bruise on Griffith and Dazing him until he gets to act again.

Bakasura, you're up!

TwentyFold
2015-04-20, 11:49 AM
HAVING FUN ARE YOU YOU FEATHERED FREAK OF NATURE!

Bakasura swings his sword in a horizontal direction, conjuring a breeze of cold air that frosts all that is around it, then a tear in the sky rips open and a large sword of ice streaks out of it, just behind the bird freak. Just before contact it explodes in a shower of shards in all directions, affecting an area of around 40 yards (120ft).

Area Dodge DC: 20
Damage DC: 25 (12 if succeed Dodge Resistance)

Kymme
2015-04-21, 11:23 PM
Griffith grins, his square white teeth glinting in the afternoon sun. His wings spread wide and he vanishes in a blur of white, black, and red when the frozen blade strikes the ground.

He reappears in a blur just feet away from Bakasura, one leg extended, hovering in the air. "THE TIME OF MY LIFE, ACTUALLY!" He dives at the Elemental, launching forward with a flying kick.

Griffith Reaction activates and he dodges Bakasura's attack, and uses the free movement provided to zero himself in on the Elemental and launch a kick. He misses, though. Feel free to describe your parry in whatever awesome way you like, Bakasura.

TwentyFold
2015-04-22, 11:48 AM
As the kick approaches Bakasura, a flashing hand raises and grabs the foot/talon of this stupid bird man. Then Bakasura looks up into the really ugly face of this creature combo.

Nice try you feathered bastard

He then pushes away the bird foot/talon and raises his sword, embers raising from his hair.

Kymme
2015-04-23, 11:54 AM
Griffith sneers at Bakasura as the Elemental blocks his attack. Before his opponent has a chance to strike, Griffiths wings flap once and he backflips, landing a few feet away with a practiced, bestial grace.

Anxome and Gigatex? You're up!

Hiding Dragon
2015-04-27, 04:25 PM
By the veil his teeth are werid
Anxome sneers at the giant feathered foe and smiles
Gigatex Smash them if you would

Gigatex Rushes to get back into slicing range of the foe and slashes horizontally with his giant stone sword aiming for the creatures teeth as ordered

Kymme
2015-04-27, 09:15 PM
As Gigatex's massive sword swings down, Griffith seizes his chance and lunges between the titan's legs, avoiding his attack and landing in a stumbling walk just behind him. From his position, Griffith is only a few steps away from Anxome. "YOU LIKE MY TEETH, DO YOU? HOW'D YOU LIKE TO BECOME MORE CLOSELY ACQUAINTED WITH THEM?"

Gigatex's attack misses Griffith. Bakasura, you're up!

TwentyFold
2015-04-28, 10:17 PM
A vein twitches in Bakasura's head, this is turning into a real damn problem! He turns to the side, brining his sword up near his head, then lowers it in a long arc that ends up looking as though he wasnted to upper cut somone with the blade that was behind him. Then a rip in the ground is produced, and out of it, a giant hilt, with ferocious winds as it's blade, and then it launches itself at the bird bastard.

I PREFER MY CHICKEN A NICELY DICED, WONDER IF I CAN DO THAT WITHOUT IT BEING PLUCKED YET?!!? YOU WANT TO FIND OUT GRIFFITH?!

Then the wind engulfs the bird mutant, slicing him with the power of a greatsword with every gust.

Kymme
2015-05-02, 02:26 PM
Bakasura's attack hits Griffith with the force of a hurricane. The winds howl and scream like banshees as they try to rip the birdman limb from limb.

But when the dust clears, Griffith is still standing. His arms and legs are plastered with small cuts, but he grins nonetheless.

YOU'LL HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT!

And then he is off, flying towards his nemesis with one fist extended in a high-velocity punch.

Bakasura's attack hits Griffith, but he manages to resist taking any damage from it. Then Griffith charges Bakasura. His attack hits.

Bakasura, make me a DC 27 toughness check.

Anxome and Gigatex, you're up!

TwentyFold
2015-05-02, 05:18 PM
As the dust clears, and the birdman appears out of it with a wild kick, bakasura attempts to raise his sword, but fails misserably, taking the kick to the chest while a ploom of flame escapes his mouth, then flies a few feet backward, barely keeping his footing. Then looks up with pure rage.

YOU *************************** BIRD **************************** STOP MOVING SO I CAN DISEMBOWEL YOU AND FEED YOU TO YOUR LOVED ONES AND LAUGH AT YOUR PETTY EXISTENCE YOU *****************************!

Hiding Dragon
2015-05-04, 09:31 AM
oi Gigatex once more!
Anxome points at Giffith ordering Gigtex.

<Masters I grow bored of this I must I attack bird thing? May I eat him? I also am hunger>.

Gigatex gives Anxome The (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h1QLVZY3P8E/UVm5_I21mzI/AAAAAAAAAlU/KaLunhdmUeY/w200/Pouting+is+probably+the+cutest+damn+thing+ever+in+ anime+_3ac266ab6e2c2e8b924a9e0a9ef8f1e0.png) look
God dam just do it! (http://api.ning.com/files/XHtM8H8M6iCEUtNJIR*U13rBKWSdr3*elrynoyUItL5Ytjxo*b ZI136G0WAUa*Jn3v-cJx7Bg3Qguqyro7vSM2cbbRNKQ9SPJJNlIc-PWT0_/AnimeAnger.jpg)
Uggggh (http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo289/Un-known_Soldier/anotherhnnngh.jpg)

Gigatex moves toward girffth with sword high in the sky read to deliver blow to the freak.

Kymme
2015-05-06, 10:28 PM
Griffith attempts to dodge Gigatex's downward strike, but the sword catches him in the leg as he lunges. The summoner hybrid is sent spiraling through the air and lands in a heap, bent low and stooped to one knee. His left leg has a massive gash running across it, and sweat runs down his face.

YOU... *gasp* ...WON'T HUMBLE ME... *gasp* ...THAT EASILY!

His wings unfurl, catapulting him straight into the air. Griffith then roars (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBD63LTJDOA) with a righteous fury, sending a beam of sound downwards at Bakasura, Anxome, and Gigatex. The explosion of sonic energy shatters the hillside, sending debris in all directions.

Just before the sound beam strikes you, you see a shape on the horizon. A cloud of dust is rising, streaking through the festival grounds towards the hill. It is moving at a rapid pace, do doubt kicked up by some eager warrior.
At the front of the dust cloud, you see a figure in blue armor running full tilt towards you. Every step catapults him hundreds of feet, and he seems to be nearly flying across the land. It appears that Sever Brave is on the way.

Gigatex' attack deals another wound to Griffith. Griffith then flies directly vertical, about 1000 feet in the air. Then he fires his attack. Guys, make me dodge checks. DC 20. Toughness DC 23.

Also, awareness checks wouldn't be out of place.

TwentyFold
2015-05-07, 01:42 PM
Bakasura lifts his blade high, cutting the sonic energy that would have struck him, allowing a large wedge of land to be unscathed, then flicks his sword to the side, unleashing a slash into nearby disturbed land as Bakasura looks off in the distance. (http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr1WbmD0x-4ZHcEhkT8fOxoSeoUA7DP0xDqdOab37fmqh8qbDExg:acesan. files.wordpress.com/2009/09/snapshot20090927124144.jpg)

Company? Stupid bird and this giant stone sickle mustve attracted more attention than I would like, better finish this quick, then move on. (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/99/eb/c0/99ebc0ede751f6ccd8a1684a1ece496c.jpg)

He then lifts his opposing hand towards the floating annoyance, and grips it. Several tears open from different angles around the feather brained bastard, and then a giant engulfing of flames and molten rock spill forth, drenching the earth below with super-heated earth, searing grass and tree that is within a small distance of the lava.

Hiding Dragon
2015-05-10, 10:59 PM
OH MA GIGATEX MOVE!
HM!
Gigatex squats down building energy in his strong legs.Quickly anxome pull out a large Chain link from under his jacket and holds it up a bright light shines from the runic writeing. Gigatexs Pushes downward and launches himself in the air Anxome goes up also as if by a invisible chain after a few secs Gigatex comes down with a load stomp but Anxome float graceful down his bubble re appering when he lands then goes back to being invisable
Good work Giga!
<Thanks Master but ... I still Hunger>
Dam it you just had to ruin the moment did you ? ga! refocus we still got a fight here!
<Sorry ...But Understand!>

Kymme
2015-05-13, 10:37 PM
The fire blooms around Griffith, consuming the fused summoner in a flume of crimson death. Smoke billows up into the sky from the blast, and after a few seconds it is clear.

And there Griffith hovers, wings beating, with nary so much as a scorched feather.

BAKASURA! He sneers, JUST YOU WAIT. I'LL FLY BACK DOWN THERE AND PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE!

Gigatex, Anxome, and Bakasura all manage to dodge Griffith's sonic assualt. Bakasura's attack hits, but Griffith manages to resist harm.

Anxome and Gigatex, you're up!

Hiding Dragon
2015-05-14, 10:49 PM
Heh thank you for flying you stupid brid
Anxome points the Girffth
Now we can attack with out destorying anything GIGATEX FIRE!
Gigatex looks up and does a werid smile for a giant stone guy. he jumps up in the air to the range he needs to hit Griffth but not with his sword .he rises his arms up in front of his mouth a slight humming sound is heard like something is starting up. then gigatex mouth start to lighten up brighter and brighter with every second then he fires. A giant beam of light fires with a load bang comes from Gigatex mouth up at Girffth the blast makes him go faster towards the ground.

Kymme
2015-06-03, 09:21 AM
Griffith pirhuettes in the air, avoiding the massive Beast's attack. Afterwards, he hangs limply in the sky, held aloft by his furiously beating wings. His arm and leg drip with blackish ichor where Gigatex had struck him. He taunts them, somewhat wearily.

YOU... YOU COULDN'T HIT THE BROAD SIDE OF A BARN, YOU THUG, LET ALONE ME! JUST YOU WAIT... I'LL GIVE YOU A THRASHING YOU'LL NEVER FORGET!

From the relaxed nature of his flight, it appears obvious that he's gone into a defensive form. His wings might beat lazily, but every fiber of his being is steeled in anticipation of another ranged attack.

Off in the distance, the bluish blur at the head of a large dust cloud enters the festival grounds. Its immense speed sends people and animals fleeing in all directions as it makes a beeline for the hilltop.

Griffith makes both of his saves to avoid Gigatex' attack.

On Griffiths turn, he spends his move action to hover and his standard to take an active defense.

Defense: [roll0] if he rolls a 9 or lower, add 10 to it. This is his new defense bonus until his next turn.

Bakasura, you're up next!

TwentyFold
2015-06-26, 11:56 PM
Bakasura spots the blur, and then turns back to the battle.

Gotta finish this.

Lifting his blade, Bakasura stabs the ground, causing a fissure of earth to split and race nearer to the flying bird abomination. But since the bird is in the air the fissure stops just underneath him, but then begins to climb the sky, causing weird cracks in exsistance to rend the air and visuals of what is behind it. Out of the fissure a sword of amethyst spits out, rushing the bird.