PDA

View Full Version : Bog Luck, Am I completely blind?

coredump
2015-04-15, 10:27 PM
Okay, I can't find the stats for Bog Luck anywhere in the HotDQ adventure. Nor anything saying to 'treat him as a Veteran" or whatever.

Are his stats there? What page?

Thanks... going crazy here...

Jamesps
2015-04-15, 10:50 PM
There's no stats. I used a veteran when I was running the adventure, although you probably won't need his stats anyways. If your PCs gang up on him for some reason, just assume they win.

Safety Sword
2015-04-15, 11:04 PM
There's no stats. I used a veteran when I was running the adventure, although you probably won't need his stats anyways. If your PCs gang up on him for some reason, just assume they win.

I think I decided to make him rough and used the stats for Orc Chief. That was a good fight!

I have a 6 PC party that I DM for though, so buyer beware.

coredump
2015-04-15, 11:29 PM
Thats odd, they make killing him one of the special Bonds, and in the adventure he gets into a fight with a PC trying to steal his key.... but no stats...??

Gnomes2169
2015-04-15, 11:48 PM
I think it's supposed to be a non-fight thing unless you have the bond, and then it's supposed to depend on the party itself. I personally made Bog Luck into a Gladiator with half-orc stats. My players had a bit of fun with that...

ZeltArruin
2015-04-16, 09:10 AM
My players were in and out of that place in a few hours, because they're ridiculously impatient and didn't bother looking around, much to my amusement. Not sure what gave them the impression that they had to peace out the next morning to track the lizardmen, but that's what they did.

Safety Sword
2015-04-16, 05:53 PM
Just to add a bit more to this..

At the point in the adventure where this happens the cultists had already recognized my PCs and decided enough was enough with the tracking.

Bog Luck is member of the Cult of the Dragon, he and his cultist cronies decided to kills my PCs because they meddle.

My PCs, being totally on to it and knowing me and the way I like my campaigns to move along, made a big show of going to bed in the upstairs room provided. They then all went sneak mode and jumped out a window.

They went investigating the warehouse and spotted Bog Luck and the amassed assassins creeping up the stairs to go to the PC's room.

So my ambushers were ambushed! It was a pretty epic fight (because I had planned it to be, that's why he had a ton of hit points).

As I mentioned before, I have a 6 PC party, so I can scale encounters up and they have resources to smash face and survive.

goto124
2015-04-17, 01:39 AM
I realised you said 6 PC, but not 6 players. Do you have players controlling more than 1 character?

Safety Sword
2015-04-19, 06:29 PM
I realised you said 6 PC, but not 6 players. Do you have players controlling more than 1 character?

No, I actually have 6 players in that game with one PC each.

My other group has 4 newbie players with 1 PC each.

I have run groups where one or more players run more than one character. Not advised for players who have low levels of experience (points) at role playing.