PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Metaconcert

squab
2015-04-15, 11:33 PM
Specifically, Ultimate Psionics Metaconcert (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/m/metaconcert) that has a duration of 1 min/level. What if I want to manifest something with a manifesting time of, say, 2 hours? Can I do that even tho the metaconcert ends half way through? Any ways to make it longer?

Psyren
2015-04-16, 10:09 AM
There is a way if 3.5 psionic powers are on the table - you can use Schism and have your second mind continually manifest Temporal Reiteration from Complete Psionic. The cool part of that trick is that TR will keep both your Metaconcert and your Schism active for as long as you can do it. Combine this with any PP recovery trick (or a Metamind's Font of Power) so you don't run out of juice and you can metaconcert indefinitely.

Using DSP psionics only I'm not sure if this is possible.

Tulya
2015-04-16, 11:12 AM
Whoops, Metaconcert requires +2 pp per additional member, which makes iterating it enough effectively impossible without already having an obscene manifester level.

Edit: You can manifest a 2 hour metaconcert with a manifester level of 35 and the Extend Power feat.

Base duration = 35 minutes
Augmented duration = +25 minutes (25 pp in augmentation)
Total duration = 60 minutes
Extended duration = 60 x 2 = 120 minutes (2 pp cost)
Total pp cost = 34 (7 base + 25 augment + 2 metapsi)

Any 20th level Wilder can manage this with Perfect Surge, a +3 Surge Crystal, the feat Additional Traits (Psigifted - Metaconcert), and an orange ioun stone.
(20 + 13 + 2 = 35)

A Chaotic Surge Wilder can do it at 17th level with a +3 Surge Crystal, Psigifted, and the stone.
(17 + 8 * 2 + 2 = 35)

The problem is that if you can produce this manifester level solo, what you can do under metaconcert is barely going to improve due to the loss of access to feats and class features.