PDA

View Full Version : Elocater

MesiDoomstalker
2015-04-16, 12:43 AM
I've been wanting to play a character that teleports waaaaay too often, and the only two classes taht really fit the concept I have in mind is Wayfarer and Elocater. I tend to play Arcane casters when given the chance, so I thought lets try Psion! But Elocater seems very geared towards Psychic Warrior. Has anyone played an Elocater? Is it silly to try it as a Psion (minimum entry level 9)?

Also, its final ability seems kind of... lame. Its essentially Haste... kind of. And it doesn't' seem to do anything for manifesting a power besides some minor AC buffs.

Troacctid
2015-04-16, 12:56 AM
I don't think you want all 10 levels, unless you value the skill points really highly. You'd either break off at level 1 (just dipping to get the all-day levitation) or level 7 (grabbing all the good stuff and getting out when it dries up).

It's an odd prestige class. I've penciled out some builds using it before, because I like Psions and I like skill points and Elocater is the only 6 + Int psionic prestige class, but everything I've come up with has always been really awkward.

I think the way to do it would be to take some other prestige class first. An example would be Psion 5/Anarchic Initiate 4/Elocater 7.

Kraken
2015-04-16, 02:30 AM
Dimension jumper (Complete Mage) is a persistable spell that lets you teleport 30' every round as a move action, though you must be able to see your destination. It's a 5th level spell, so this would come online at level 9 barring the stinkiest of cheese.

Rubik
2015-04-16, 07:44 AM
I don't think you want all 10 levels, unless you value the skill points really highly. You'd either break off at level 1 (just dipping to get the all-day levitation) or level 7 (grabbing all the good stuff and getting out when it dries up).If you just want the levitation, boost your UMD and add the horseshoes of a zephyr's special quality to whatever footwear you've got. So long as you can emulate "race: horse" reliably, it's the exact same thing without the annoying "half speed when not near a horizontal surface" caveat. Add in horseshoes of speed and horseshoes of flame for extra fun.

Ellowryn
2015-04-16, 08:14 AM
If you just want to teleport whenever you feel like it there are a couple of options: 4 levels of Warlock to get Flee the Scene, 2 levels of Totemist and bind the Blink Dog Shirt to your totem chackra, and 6 levels in Horizon Walker for Shifter (Planar) terrain mastery to DD every 1d4 rounds to name a few.