PDA

View Full Version : South District Library/Department-7 Headquarters [Modern]

Lykan
2007-04-15, 02:58 AM
This three story building is what appears to be a library, stocked full with common and rare litterary works alike, in every language. The lady working at the front desk is Mrs. Withers (NPC), a lady of unknown age and background, with a kind temperament, even though she appears to be senile (in reality, she's far from it). Other various people work at the library, all willing to help you find any book you need.

In the private library, however, there is a secret door... Behind the bookcase.

Oh yes. Embrace the cliche.

By pulling out an old beat up copy of Giants, Monsters, and Dragons, the door clicks open, revealing a stone staircase that goes down several flights before ending at a steel door, flanked by two fully armed members of Dep 7. Confirming a code (which changes daily, and is different by person) into a computer on the door allows entrance. Nothing short of a nuke is likely to get you through the door besides, even magical means are stopped short.

Within is a what looks like a stone and glass police office, filled with people carying tomes, creatures of all sorts, the traditional "good" and "bad" guys alike, spellcasters, researchers, and agents armed to the teeth. This, my friends, is the Department 7 headquarters, a group dedicated to good of both magical and mundane beings alike.

Notable NPCs include:

Ms. Fellowes: Head of Department 7, an officious young woman with a slight British accent. Using arcane magic she occasionally projects her image or teleports necessary information and materials into the base. She never, however, meets agents in person and no one knows where her office is located.

Glip: A gremlin smart/techie/artificer. Is head of the armory devision, supplying squads with proper equipment for any missions they have. Tends to have a habbit of speaking too fast for people to here him correctly, and will ussually disesemble and reassemble unattended devices, if he finds any. His work is uncanny, especially for someone eight inches tall.

Kaegen MacCarrik: Head researcher, a gnome smart/arcane arranger. Gives good amount of info to agents about their targets for missions. Has a tendancy to phone people in a middle of a mission to tell them anything new he may have found. Commonly drinks coffee, due to the amount of hours a day he's awake.

Yan Neilson: Head CSI (yeah, yeah... shutup. It's a real job, dammit), an Elf smart/Mage/Feild Scientis who retrieves evidence in the feild to be anaylized by the research department. Has a penchent to rant or panic in elven. Is very proud of her bloodline, claiming to be of regal heritage, though whether this is true or not is unknown. She tends to play videogames in free time, having been addicted to the concept since she had passed over to this realm.

Notable NPC agents include, which are usable by anyone on mission (though please avoid taking all of them at once):

Grumn Stavros (Agent Labrynth): Minotaur Tough/Dreadnaught. Slow to anger, and not much of a talker. He carries around a M2HB as a sidearm. Plays basketball in freetime, which is rather simple, considering he could probably drop the ball in the basket.

Aditi Kaur (Agent Bluelight): Human Dedicated/Acolyte/Ecclesiarch of Punjabi decent. Hates undead with fiery passion, though otherwise has a cheery dispozition. Fights with a glock pistol and a collapsable longspear. Likes to spar.

Yoshiro Mori (Agent Wraith): Human Fast/Swashbuckler/Infiltrator of Japanese decent. A ninja by any definition, he isn't the most hardy person in the department, he still makes a damn good combatant. FIghts with a barret Light 50 and a katana. Is often found playing videogames with Yan.

Helia Faye (Agent Firebird) Drow Charasmatic/Sorceror. Seemingly quite the offshot of a normal drow female, she's quite a flirt, and will sometimes do so on the job in nonthreatening or humorous situations. Uses a Walther PPK when magic won't work.

((PM me any more NPCs you can think of. If I think they're good, I'll post them here :P))

Rooms (map coming soon):

Armory: Guns, melee weapons, armor, and equipment of all sorts can be found in the armory. What you take ussually comes out of your paycheck, unless they're specially suplied materials for hazardous missions (such as stakes and silverbullets and such). Where you'll probably find Glip.

Research Department: Line after line of computers is essentially what the department is made up of, with people working them around the clock. Where you'll probably find Kaegen.

The Lab: Rows of alchemic equipment and musty magical tomes can be found here. Where you'll most likely find Yan.

Rec Room: Where people eat, ussually. Also suplies several couches, televisions, and free WiFi.

Prison: Where the biggest, baddest beasties are locked up. It's dead magic and psionic, and uses the highest quality technology to keep prisoners where they are. Virtually impossible to break out of.

Central Hall: A big room connecting all the other rooms to one another

Gym: It's a gym. Big weights, place to play ball games... Whatever.

Hostel: A place to sleep for people too tired to go home, or those who just want a quick nap.

Medical Wing: Where injured Agents are treated, by magical and mundane means alike.

Current PC Agents
- Krzysu Zuraw (Agent Lykan) [Lykan]
- Adamska Orlov (Agent White) [Nevrmore]
-James Bond (Agent 007) [Destro]

((state name and agent title in thread if you want me to put them here))

Nevrmore
2007-04-15, 03:37 AM
((Name: Adamska "Adam" Orlov
Agent Title: Agent White))

Adamska passes right through the library, not answering Mrs. Withers as she cheerfully greets him. He pulls the book and enters into the base where he inputs his code:

"Agent Code: Piggylicious"

The doors recede into the walls as Adam walks in.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 04:31 AM
((Name: James Bond
Title: Agent 007))

007 checks his new watch, the twenty second since he started this job. Good job on this one, Glip. What else have you got for me? The gremlin grinns. I think you'll like this one. We've upraded your Aston Martin with several new features. Refilled the rocket batteries as well. He holds up a small remote and pushes a button. A seemingly empty frieght elevator rises up from below. Active camoflage. Tiny cameras on all sides of the vehicle project what they see onto a screen on the other side. Makes the car invisible to the naked eye. Very nice. Did you add the shotguns I asked for? We did. Updated the manual too. Glip hands James a rather thick book, which James proceeds to toss into the air. The shotguns are clearly motion sensitive, as the book is quickly reduced to a number of small shreds of paper. Didn't take long to shoot through that one. Glip shakes his head. Grow up, 007. James grins. Not a chance. Have the car sent to the garage for me, will you? He adjusts his tie and strides out of the armoury.

Nevrmore
2007-04-15, 04:35 AM
"Looking as suave as ever, 007." White replies with a less-than-appreciative tone as he sees the Agent walking out of the armory.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 04:41 AM
Same to you, White. Bond finishes setting the watch. What've they got you doing now?

Nevrmore
2007-04-15, 04:44 AM
Adamska sighs, "They made me the guy who goes gets information from our undercover informant. You know, that pimp, 'Hooch.'" Agent White scratches the back of his head where he had earlier been shot, "You never know what the hell you're going to get when you rely on an informant."

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 04:49 AM
Hmm. Indeed. I just got back from that case with the Mindflayer in the hollowed out volcano. The watch beeps, and James taps it. Looks like someone wants to blast us from orbit again. That makes the third time this year.

Nevrmore
2007-04-15, 04:53 AM
"They aren't asking for a ransom of a million bucks again, are they?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 05:01 AM
Two million, actually. Bond is fiddling with his new watch now. One of the buttons apparently causes a tiny speaker to play the James Bond theme song at high volume. That's a new one.

Nevrmore
2007-04-15, 05:03 AM
"Wow, they sure are taking that next step." White rolls his pink eyes, hidden conveniently behind his sunglasses which he wears everywhere. "So are we just going to send another orbital missile up there or what?"

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 05:11 AM
No, I'm taking this one. I'll be going up there by dressing as a maintenence technician, infiltrating their incredibly heavily guarded land base without so much as ruffling my hair and then stowing away on the next rocket launch. Once up there I will find the controls which I know how to use somehow and crash the thing from orbit, miraculously surviving. The most attractive female working for the bad guys will defect and I'll spend the rest of the mission hidden somewhere remote with her. Bond obviously does this sort of thing a lot.

Nevrmore
2007-04-15, 05:14 AM
White looks at him curiously for a moment before pressing a button on a conveniently placed panel. Bond may here a loud explosion emit from his watch. "Mission complete."

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 05:23 AM
Well at least there was a stupidly large explosion. At any rate, I'm going to go fly a helicopter into a hydroelectric dam as a distraction. 007 waves and walks away, slightly dissapointed that he didn't get to use his overcomplicated plan that would surely have suceeded just because he's Bond.

Nevrmore
2007-04-15, 05:24 AM
Adamska briefly contemplates shooting Bond in both kneecaps.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 05:29 AM
It wouldn't faze him for long. He's Bond, after all.

((And meant to exagerate on all the cliches in every Bond movie I've ever seen))

Nevrmore
2007-04-15, 05:30 AM
((I like how you're playing him as half serious/half parody))

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 05:33 AM
((It works even better if you imagine all his lines being read by Pierce Brosnan :smallbiggrin:))

Kyrian
2007-04-15, 07:44 AM
((Crap....how to get Bit in now after his conversation with Lykan...))

Lykan
2007-04-15, 11:52 AM
((Was he already a memeber?))

Lykan wakes up, and looks through his bag. Inside is a digital camera, a laptop, a desert Eagle Magnum, a collapsed Barret Light 50, some ammo clips, a katana, and food. Amazingly, all these contents fit inside without them even being snug. He heads down to the rec room and takes out his computer, occasionally looking up to see what time it was, and to speak with other random members of the department. His computer's power cord then explodes in a shower of sparks, and he groans, shutting it down and taking it to Glip.

Whatagain?

Yes, again. I'm beggining to think someone's messing around with it.

Maybeyougotabitgremlinbloodeh?

Lykan shakes his head

Lay off the coffee, man.

The gremlin takes a deep breath

It'll take a day or so, but I'll have it fixed.

Okay, thanks, mate.

Lykan goes back to the rec room, tending to avoid Yan, Kaegan, and the central hall, in hoped that he won't get a new mission anytime soon.

Kyrian
2007-04-15, 03:17 PM
((Well, I'd been thinking about it, yea))

Kyrian
2007-04-15, 09:06 PM
Bit enters and looks around, trying to figure out where he is supposed to go. He needed to talk to his superiors, as this was his first day here in this sector.

Lykan
2007-04-15, 09:07 PM
All available agents, to the Central Hall! There's a situation!

Lykan groans, and wakes up from his nap, taking his bag with him

Kyrian
2007-04-15, 09:08 PM
Bit follows Lykan, not knowing where he'd be going anyways.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 09:10 PM
James Bond walks into the central hall, doing up his customary bowtie as he goes. What's going on this time? Nothing I can't handle, I'm sure.

Lykan
2007-04-15, 09:19 PM
Mrs. Fellows appears in the middle of the hall

The Town's mall is currently under occupation of demonic entities. Department 7 is needed to clean them out and rescue any survivors of the initial wave.

Lykan bites his lip

How'd they get here?

Cultists of unknown organizations created a portal.

Fellowes looks to the rest of the group

Anymore questions while more people die?

Kyrian
2007-04-15, 09:24 PM
Nope, no questions here. Let's go.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 09:27 PM
Of course not. Hey, this is Bond we're talking about. He makes things blow up and then forgets about them because the mission is complete. He has also gone to the garage to get his car by now.

Lykan
2007-04-15, 09:33 PM
((... That's getting really annoying.))

Lykan raises a hand

Yeah... How the hell do you expect us to close this portal?

We'll send mages in after you've clearred the path.

Lykan nods, and heads for the garage as well. Mrs. Fellowes dissipears

Kyrian
2007-04-15, 09:34 PM
Bit follows Lykan to the garage. He knows where that is, and he's got a BIG surprise there.

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 09:36 PM
((What, you don't like Bond?))

Bond gets into his Aston Martin and turns the ignition. The engine roars and he floors it, speeding out of the garage and just barely missing the retracting garage door.

Lykan
2007-04-15, 09:43 PM
((I don't like him when your given free rain on character development... :P

Sorry... I just tend to shy away from the copyrighted stuff. I don't mean to insult you or anything))

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 09:48 PM
((I plan on there being pretty much no character development. Bond is Bond, and will always be that way. He talks to Glip as though he were Q. He talks to Mrs. Fellowes as though she were M. He drives a fast car and makes things blow up. And that's all there is to it :smallbiggrin:))

Lykan
2007-04-15, 10:03 PM
((please see rant in Modern Town thread. >_>))

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 10:04 PM
((Seen, replied, done. If it bothers you that much I'll just have Bond go off on some mission and not return. Then I can bring in a different character or something. Actually, it'd be kind of funny to see regular Destro in a modern setting...))

GuesssWho
2007-04-15, 10:07 PM
{Okay, my guys are coming in. They may be slightly OOC, but that's because I imagine them as having had several adventures between the books and now.}
"Nothing for us to do?"
"We'll probably be working on closing that portal later on, Flagg."
"You make it sound hard."
"You make it sound easy."
Flagg grins with his usual nasty cheerfulness. "Three guesses why."
"Point." Mordred shifts into spider shape and climbs into a web that hangs from the ceiling.

Lykan
2007-04-15, 10:07 PM
((Don't get me wrong, man... I don't mind the concept of a bond-like character... Just make an effort to make him a bit different >_<

Oooh... Lich in modern... In-ta-resting.....))

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-15, 10:09 PM
((Even more so if you consider the material in Libris Mortis. His outlook would still be based on medieval fantasy))

GuesssWho
2007-04-16, 02:26 AM
{So . . . are there any other groups' threads up yet?}

Nevrmore
2007-04-16, 02:38 AM
((Aww man, did I miss something cool?))

McBish
2007-04-16, 10:10 AM
((Ne Guesswho there really aren't. Feel free to make one if you want. And yes Nevrmore you did.))

GuesssWho
2007-04-16, 12:45 PM
{I put up the Mindwreckers.}

GuesssWho
2007-04-28, 02:13 PM
{Bumping this}