PDA

View Full Version : Allure of a Dark heart

Cogsrow
2015-04-16, 02:10 AM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/256/5/3/destroyed_temple_by_hideyoshi-d49b9er.jpg

-The tower looms like some infested wound in the very land itself, what was once a proud temple to Phyyra was corrupted in the past, long before the Lich rose and lead his armies across the lands. Within were untold holy texts, ancient manuscripts, and powerful relics, and it was here that you were sent by the order to recover and purify it. Admittedly you were sent along with over a dozen senior sisters, and 3 dozen knights and paladins to protect you. This was the first real assignment you have received, a true duty worthy of the goddess. It was at this point that the sister Superior Azilia spoke, she was a stern woman over 30 years old and had long copper hair, albeit it was underneath her cowl, her face looking more like a porcelain doll with the white makeup she wore. The makeup was to mimic their gods, who appeared as Humanoids with marble skin, and markings etched into them, faces without a nose, a mouth, or ears, only two glowing orbs that look into the very soul of all beings. "Drimanai, do not let your presence here fool you, you are merely to assist us, so stay close and don't touch anything, it'll only end badly, do you understand?"

-This was rather typical of her, she was always so stern with you in particular, a regular bitch if such language was permitted, though there was talk that she only did it to bring out the best in you. Regardless she looked at you making sure you answered, the paladins and other sisters starting to continue onward.-

Raunchel
2015-04-16, 06:38 AM
I felt so excited when I was told that I could come on this expedition. Everything was so special, so different. It was my first time travelling from the convent, and the different landscapes alone were a treat. I saw dozens of species of trees and large plants that I had never seen before, I don't recall all of them now, but I made sure to write it all down in my diary. And of course all the strange and interesting people. Of course, I was not allowed to talk to them, but that was good. Merely seeing them all was a great difference, and I don't like talking anyways. It's far too distracting, and of course, I always find it hard to speak to strangers, even to members of my very own order from another house. I don't think that I've ever said a word to anyone who has not taken holy orders in my whole life.

I never really liked the Sister Superior. I know that she has the best intentions, for the Goddess, the Order, and all of us, but still. I have the feeling that she likes me less than the others. Sometimes I wonder if it is because of my belly, with the markings of divinity. It is a great cause of jealousy. Several of my sisters even told me as much. But I can understand it, even if I don't know the significance. I have read about it when I could, often in secret, because it was not what I was supposed to study. I have spent many nights in my cell, reading under my blanket. I had to take care to not let the light shine out from under it, but the magical light made it all so much easier. It was harder to take the books, but no one thought that someone would try that.

I felt horrible about using the power of the Goddess like that, but I have not been punished for it. And I am arrogant enough to think that I know why. It was in the pursuit of knowledge, the pursuit of hope, because knowledge leads to hope. I answer, bowing my head: "I will only do as I am instructed. I will not take any act that is not desired of me by my superiors."

Cogsrow
2015-04-16, 11:41 AM
-The sister superior nods, and Continues on towards the Temple, you hadn't been able to tell from your previous position but this building was Immense, stretching almost a thousand yards into the sky, the sun dissapearing behind it. The Shadow was strange, cold and clawing at your skin, as if the very presence of this building was alive. Your sisters would split off into groups with other knights, leaving the 2 senior paladins, the Sister superior, and yourself in a single group heading into the main entrance. A truely grand entrance hall stands before you, polished brass floors with black marble pillars stretching hundreds of feet into the air. The air was thick with dust and foul scents of rotted flesh, creatures of the plains that surrounded this building obviously came in here for shelter at one point or another and had died. Though all of this paled in comparison to the thing that really drew your attention, a statue, roughly 20 feet tall depicting the goddess Phyrra, and upon it there seemed to be a single glowing spot, the others didn't seem to notice it looking around cautiously but there it was, a spot, a small circle of stone that was on the base of the statue, it glew with a light of it's own, and yet did not dispel the shadows.-

Raunchel
2015-04-16, 11:54 AM
The temple is an amazing structure, just to study how something like this was erected would be a dream come true. I look around in astonishment, my eyes wide open. I want to take this all in, remember it as well as I can so I can write it all down. This can't be forgotten. It simply is too important. And everything is so beautiful. I wonder how this place was lost, but they wouldn't tell me. Saying that it simply happened. But I don't believe that, something has happened here, something that I'm not supposed to know. And I have to accept that. I swore a vow of obedience, one of the many that I have sworn, and I will never break them. Except maybe, just a little. But only when it is really harmless.

The smell is almost overwhelming, I've never smelled anything like it. Only weakly. I wonder how this is possible, such a terrible smell, in such a huge place. But everything is forgotten when I see the statue. It is so beautiful, almost mesmerizing. While the others look around, I walk forwards, towards the statue. I whisper my prayers: "Oh Phyrra, blessed giver of hope. Light my path through the darkness. Give me the wisdom to set my steps."

Almost without thinking I keep going, until I reach the statue. I know that I shouldn't, that I should turn around, obey the Siter Superior and tell her about what I see. But no. I won't. I have to know. It feels like destiny, like the Goddess herself is calling me. And I can't refuse her call. I reach out, feeling the glowing circle.

Cogsrow
2015-04-16, 12:14 PM
-That was probably a bad idea, as the moment your fingers brush the stone you felt something akin to a lightning bolt shoot up your arm and with a snap you dissapeared from where you were and appeared somewhere else, it was dark, nothing was visible, and you could only smell dirt and decay, wherever you are you did not hear the clang of armor, or the soft steps of the sister superior, you were alone, in the dark, in some untold area of the temple, hopefully. It was at that moment you felt something scuttle over your foot, and any movement would ellicit cobwebs running across your skin. Your markings would be glowing a bit beneath your robes, your curiosity sated, for better or for worse. Though now the more pressing question comes up, how would you get back, after all such corrupted places were home to powerful and deadly beasts, that was the purpose of traveling with so many paladins, and here you were, a low rank priest, alone in probably one of the most dangerous places in Elysium.-

Raunchel
2015-04-16, 12:24 PM
I feel completely horrified, and barely stop myself from soiling myself, or even worse, shrieking. And I curse myself for my stupidity. There was a reason why the Siter Superior warned me. And then I feel something, on my foot. I shriek, this simply is too much. I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I don't want to die, alone and forgotten. Not like this. But then I remember. In the darkness I reach for my chest, where I have the pendant of my order. I hold it in my right hand while I whisper: "Let you light bring hope."

One of the first incantations that I learned, and one that I pray for every day. It simply is too useful. From the symbol of the goddess a bright light shines forth, and I close my eyes for a few moments. The light is so bright. But it gives me hope, the Goddess has not abandoned me.

Cogsrow
2015-04-16, 12:31 PM
-Well good news, as her light cascades outward from her position, filling the room, she scared away all the critters and crawlies that had taken refuge in the dark. This room was some kind of study, there were hundreds of books on several old and worn down bookshelves, preserved it seemed with some kind of magics, empty ink wells, and discarded quills littered the floor, someone had worked long hours here writing and studying, so you don't know where you currently are but you at least know there was a way out, since someone obviously came down here in years past. Examining the room further you notice a bed, a set of drawers which were empty save for more cobwebs, and then...the desk, sitting on it was a strange book, it was the only one here that was bound with a clasp and it had no title or markings on the front or back, it was old and dusty but at the same time oddly pristine, as if someone had taken great care to make sure it was never damaged-

Raunchel
2015-04-16, 12:44 PM
I look around, taking in these surroundings. This place has turned from a nightmare into a dream. All these tomes, all this ancient knowledge. I wonder how much of this has been lost to time, only to be rediscovered now. And not by anyone, but by me. The Sister Superior will scold me for this, I know it, but this will hopefully stop it from being very harsh. This is a truly great discovery.

But I don't see an exit, which worries me. What if it collapsed? The temple is ancient, and may parts could simply have collapsed. Or the way out was like the way in, through magic. But what if I can't find it. I might starve here, all alone. But at least there are books, hundreds of them. But one draws my attention above all others. The one on the desk.

Almost without thinking I walk towards it, sitting down behind the desk. The seat might be ancient, but I don;t even think about it supporting my weight. It then turn open the book, looking, wondering. My hear beats faster, to know the unknown. I simply have to. I'm still afraid, I know that I might die here, but one look can't hurt, right?

Cogsrow
2015-04-16, 01:08 PM
-The book was still pristine, and could be almost new if you didn't know better, the first couple of pages were blank but as you get to the 4th there was an entry-

If you are reading this, and if this is peter, put the book down and leave, it's rude to intrude upon a woman's sanctum. Though I suppose if this is found long after I'm dead it'll hardly serve as a warning, since any method of my protecting my secrets would be lost as I shed my mortal coil. SO if I am dead please read on, maybe someone will know of meand remember me. Though where are my manners, my name is Myr, short name yeah and I don't have a last one, serfs like us arn't allowed last names. Now if you are reading this, that means you've also found the special teleportation stone in the main chamber, well fear not, you can get back, the return stone is under my bed. I only ask that in return for this, you read my story, it'd be nice, to at least know after I'm dead someone knows my story and I can be remembered.

-The script was emaculate, the writeing calligraphy was perfectly spaced and poised, either from a very practiced hand or from someone that took great pride in everything they did-

Raunchel
2015-04-16, 01:27 PM
This is amazing. Such fine handwriting. I love it. Many works have been written by those who write poorly, especially some copyists are disasters, as though they can hardly write at all, only mimicking the signs that they see written down. But this is different, and often enough, good writing betrays good contents.

I let my finger slide over the page, wondering who this Myr was. She must have been a commoner, but how could one of those have such a study, so many books? And this magic, it is powerful, and must be ancient. Few would be capable of such spellcraft even now. It only makes me more curious about this woman. This must be her diary, and she invites me to read it. That alone makes me feel special. My own diaries will be burned when I die, so the contents of my heart can follow me to the Goddess.

I lick my finger and carefully move the page, to reveal more of the text, almost trembling with excitement.

I hate it when my posts get eaten.

Cogsrow
2015-04-16, 01:46 PM
I guess I should start with who I am, I'm a ser, someone lower than dirt as my master calls it. I honestly don't remember how I became one, it's just...kinda always been how my life is, I follow the orders, I do what I'm told, and yet....I always felt I was destined for so much more, the other serfs talk strangely about these blue markings on my face, I don't know why honestly. I do like them though, makes me unique to the other humans. It's the only thing I really have that sets me apart.

-The entry ends and another one begins on the next page, this one was a bit more hastily written-

Something amazing happened today! Apparently a noble walking by noticed me and wants to purchase me!, no more slaveing under that taskmaster, I can't believe it I feel so happy I might burst. I have to tell someone, and well you are probably the only one that would care, you've managed to keep reading this book. I mean maybe I can get an education, one of hte other serfs could read and I adored hearing him read books, and was excstatic to learn to read and right. That would be a dream come true, I want to know everything I can. I hope I'm not boreing you yet, it's...calming to know someone is interested and willing to listen. Thank you

-The next page was actually tear stained, the ink smudged slightly in spots-

I just want to go back...it's...nothing like I imagined, I need someone to just listen. I wish I wasn't so alone right now, you're honestly my only companion and you might not even exist yet. He....he is not a nice man, and I just want to go back, he says, he'll send me to school...I...I want to but I fear the price is to great. I don't know what to do, I feel lost, and i have no one to ask

Raunchel
2015-04-16, 01:59 PM
Immediately I feel a connection. She must have the same blessing that I have, only not accepted. Surrounded by ignorance. I feel sorry for her, I know how it feels to be treated like this, for being different from the others. This book certainly was written in a primitive time, in the distant past, many of the things she describes no longer exist. I think for a few moments about the markings, to have them on the face, that would be much harder than in a hidden place, like mine. Everyone would know at once, even if they wouldn't know what they mean.

As I turn the page, I feel happy for Myr, I can't imagine living without education, it is my life. But it was always held from her. That simply is too horrible for words. A life without writing, without reading, without books. It must be like being completely blind. A horror, a true horror. But something feels strange, why learn to write, while already keeping a diary?

Another page, another revalation. Why would she fear being schooled? There is nothing negative about it, to learn is the highest goal in life. And only in wisdom can we find truth. I whisper: "Don't be afraid, Myr, you will learn, and the wisdom will set you free from mortal fears. Hope, hope for a true future, where you can study. The Goddess will give it, I am certain of it."

But then she mentions her master, and I start to understand her fear. What is he seeks to break chastity? It seems horrible to me, it always has. One of the great riddles of the world, why not everyone seeks holy orders to take, to avoid such things. But I have to know more, and I turn another page.

Cogsrow
2015-04-17, 03:47 AM
-The tales only get worse and worse, abuse, mistreatment, and all sorts of horrors beyond what any person should ever have to endure, as she slowly spiraled into a form of madness in a way, her writings became more erratic and morose, stories of pain and suffering as the years go on, she aged 8 years under the service of this master, that's all you knew since she just wrote her birthday not how old she got, admittedly she conffessed on one birthday she didn't actually know her age, an issue of not knowing anything about her young self. Though she did become more refined and educated as time went on. You reach nearly the middle of the book when you find the pages spattered with blood-

I did a really bad thing, I killed my master, he was comeing for me again, and I grabbed the candlestick and hit him, and he stopped moveing. I don't know what to do, my entire life I've been a servant, and....now I'm free, but only for a short time, the constable will come to take me away soon. I would have to escape in order to have a chance of a real life.I hope you're still with me, I feel at times you're the only thing that keeps me sane, I mean, I've never had anyone else I can talk to and here I am spilling my heart to someone that I may never know.
-The next few pages were...macabre as she describes the condition of the body, her escape and the killing of a town guard to ensure her freedoms, it wasn't till several pages later she begins with anything new-

I've begun studying magic again, I'll need the arcane arts to protect me. I've hidden away in this cave on the far edge of the county, no guards would search out here, and I'm far from the roads to avoid anyone seeing the smoke of my cooking fires. Here I will begin my studies, I already have many ancient texts from my former master, books I was forbidden to read but I still did. Now I'll be able to truly pursue my quest for knowledge. It's strange really, every book I read I feel something connect in me, as if my very nature was tied to magic. I guess fitting I learned long ago my blood is divine and it is said that the Gods are made of pure magic. Perhaps some primordial part of me only feels at home when I cast a spell. would also explain why my markings have grown around my face now, Blue half moons, underneath my eyes and running down my body, it's covering my arms now too. So strange, but...I like it...they feel right...I wonder if you have markings like mine, whether they are good fortune or ill for you, I wonder what they look like, I've never seen anyone else with them after all.

Raunchel
2015-04-17, 04:45 AM
I am shocked by what I read, all this is so terrible. On several occasions I have to stop, to wipe tears from my eyes. I can't imagine why someone would do such things to such a nice person. I understand her fears, and while turning the pages I hope that she managed to escape somehow, that divine punishment reached that horrible master. When I reach the blood-splattered page I almost don't dare to read it, afraid of what had happened to Myr. But when I read it, I feel the most horrible thing. A slight smile.

I know that violence is a horrible thing, but this master was a horrible man, destroying whole lives, just for his own amusement. I wish that I could have been there, to help her, to guide her, to pray with and for her. I have little hopes for their primitive justice, they do not recognize true wisdom in their society, and I believe that they would never listen to words, justifications or anything like that. They would only look for their interests. Such wicked people, such wicked times.

When I turn this page, I feel strangely relieved. She escaped. For a moment I am in doubt, when she describes the killing of the town guard. That sounds like a dark deed, he had nothing to do with this. But then I remember how the world has been to Myr, how the law has been her greatest enemy. I can hardly imagine it, to live in such injustice. I can almost imagine doing such a thing myself, especially if I had no other way. Maybe. I would rather die than take a life. To have blood on my hands, the thought alone hurts and makes me feel a little sick. I want to turn away from the tale, but I can't. I owe it to Myr to read on, to learn her tale. For all her suffering she deserves at least that.

But I have to pause, to think. This violence, the blood, the horror. It is too much to bear. I hope that she escaped, even life as an outcast would be better than what she has been through before. And perhaps she can find redemption in contemplation. That leads the to my own situation. I have had to renew the spell several times already, it has been a long time and the sisters will know that I am missing. I wonder what they will say, what they will do. This will be my last expedition, at the very least. And I will be punished for my disobedience. Perhaps I will no longer be allowed to write in the library, but instead will have to simply copy the basic works, that I have already copied before. A life of dull monotony. That would be a horror to me, but still better than what happened to poor Myr.

But I understand her flight, she took what I would have taken, books. I however would not have survived, I don't even know how to make a simple meal, it simply isn't part of my duties. I know how study excites her, I feel the same about it, but I never studied much of the arcane arts, most of my time so far has been devoted to the study of scripture, philosophy, history and the natural world. But study is good, it focuses the mind, and brings calmth to it. I feel more confident for her future now. But I also have the feeling that I was predestined to read this, there are so many similarities between us. I don't know where I come from, but I have these markings, just like she has. I know that they are marks of greatness, a descent from divinity. I whisper: "I have them too, Myr, you are not alone. I wish that you could see me, to know that it is real. Don't despair, but feel the hope. Even though eras divide us, I am your friend. I understand what you did, and I hope that we can meet in the heavens, so we can truly speak."

Cogsrow
2015-04-17, 12:08 PM
-Myr's diary would get more and more strange as time went on, she began discussing dark rituals and powerful magics, many of it simply beyond your understanding, she discusses all that she learns, excitedly shareing her passion, she'd then discuss how she found something astounding, the location of Damocles' body, the body of a god, it would be at crypt the greatest arcane secrets of the world would be settled, she knew she had to have them, if she could master them she'd never get hurt again. The next dozen pages or so describes her journey, the fantastic and strange things she saw on her way, and finally, her arriveing at the soul wastes. You knew the soul wastes as an immense dessert to the south, the realm of damocles where his presence causes the dead to rise naturally, and from where the Lich started his campaign and then strangely as you turn the pages the ink dissapears, it visibly fades from your view, but then new ink emerges-

Don't continue, you won't like what you read next

Raunchel
2015-04-17, 12:25 PM
I am surprised by all that is happening, constantly renewing my light. I am starting to feel hungry, but I did not carry any food. But I also can't turn away. I have to know more. I feel so sorry for Myr, to have gone through all that. But she found some happiness, even though she was so horribly alone. The dark rituals make me feel ill at ease, but somehow I can understand why it was done. But still, it all is so wrong. And the Soul Wastes, if there is any truly dark place in the world it is there. It makes sense that the body of Damocles would rest there. If I had found a hint to the location of such a thing, I would also have had to go there, to find it, to settle the many questions. When the text fades I'm truly surprised, Myr had grown into a powerful mage, but this was one of the first displays of it that I ever saw. Except for the teleportation stones of course.

She doesn't want me to read any further? That is strange. But it is not because she does not want me to know, she wants to protect me. She likes me. I know it. There is a true connection between us, through all this time. I am her friend, the only one she ever had, even if we never met. I reply to the words: "I don't have to like this, I do this for you, and that is reward enough. You deserve to be read, my dear Myr."

Cogsrow
2015-04-17, 01:13 PM
-The words fade away and the original text comes back-

All the studying has been done, the ritual is in place. I located Damocles' body, with this, I'll become something greater than any other mage to ever exist, and I'll truely become like the divine in my blood. I don't know what I'll do after this, I'll become something this world has never seen before....a lich, a creature beyond life and death, a creature who's very presence binds it to the material realm greater than any body or soul. I'll obtain power above the gods, and I will be complete. I can already hear him calling to me, calling ot live again through me. I've heard his whispers all my life, and it's strange because he's dead, but...I suppose even dead gods can dream. Thank you....you've been a companion through all of this. I don't know what they think of me in the future, but all I know is if I ever hurt you I'm sorry, you were really my only friend through all of this, and all that let me keep my sanity.

-The ink fades away, as if it was apprehensive, scared of what you would say or do or think-

Raunchel
2015-04-17, 01:41 PM
When I read these words I cry. Myr became a lich? The lich? It was she who devastated the world? No! It can't be, she is too good a person for that. I know it. She must have been deceived, deceived by the dead god. It explains so much. She never wanted to hurt the world, but the dark power came over her, and took her mortal form when she became immortal. That must have been it. All she needed was someone who could talk to her, who could embrace her, and let her know that she was not alone. Not just a book, but someone to talk to. Someone with a voice, someone more real than anyone in the distant future.

I sit thinking for a few moments, what all these words mean. A tear drops onto the page, reflecting my feelings. But, this was written just before it was done. She already had great magical power. Perhaps she had foreseen this, had foreseen me coming here, and wants me to save her! That could be the case, her kindred soul, separated by the ages. But even if that was not the case, I found this for a reason. But I keep thinking. Why, if immortality is possible, have the gods kept it from us? Because we were not worthy? But were they? In the scripture there are tales of their failings, along with those of their power. Could they not have gone to Myr, to tell her to have hope? They should. She deserved it, and it was never given to her. To her, the world has always been cruel.

I think about what I know about the lich, and what she did. Did she truly seek to destroy the world? I don't know. Perhaps she merely wanted to free it. To ensure that no others would suffer like she had suffered. To create justice. Only misunderstood, because of her means. The means that she had been forced into, and twisted into by the dead god.

"I, I don't agree with what you did. But I understand it. I know you, and you know me. Our souls are intertwined, and I want to find you."

I remain staring at the last page, wondering what my journal will say. How my days will stretch out before me. I can't let Myr's secrets go to the Order, this is a private thing. But if it is left here, they will find it. I also can't destroy it. I can't destroy all that is left of someone. Her whole life. Not like this. But I also can't keep it when I return, when I am stripped of all priviliges, it will be found, I lack the magic to hide it. I don't see a way to preserve her secrets.

Unless. No, I can't even think it. I swore vows. I can't break them. Never. It is against everything I am. I can never do that. But then I wonder, for the first time I truly wonder. Why can't I? Because the sisters would be disappointed? They would be disappointed whatever I do, now that I have read this. I will be locked away, someone like me can't hold this knowledge, it would be too dangerous. I don't want to be locked away, never allowed to study again. I like the world, but I know that it won't be necessary, I would never hurt a living thing.

I feel hungry and afraid while my thoughts race. I have to leave the Order behind. I have seen in Myr's book that it is possible to study without such aid. And I can't betray her. No matter what happens. And I can still serve the goddess, there are others who do so, outside the orders. It is the only way. But that only leads me to another question. How can I escape this place? I can't just exit the cathedral and flee into the wilderness. I would be found, seen almost at once. I know that I could sustain myself with prayer, but I would still have to stay here for days.

If only I knew the time, then I could return while most members of the expedition are sleeping, and try to sneak past. Then I know it, they can't strip me before we are home, that would be useless. I would only be kept in the camp, outside. From there I could then flee. It is risky, I know it, but I see no other way.

Then I think of all the other books. What if they contain other secrets that belong to Myr? I can't let them fall into other hands. So, I go past all the books, trying to discern if they would betray her secrets.

Cogsrow
2015-04-17, 01:55 PM
-Well she knew how to escape this cell of a room, but she did not know where the stone would take her. It was at her tear the book would flip to the last page, all the ink draining from it's pages in an instant, no one would be able to read it, indeed if anyone tried they'd just think it was another blank book that she had brought with her to take notes in. The ink arranges in a few words-

Not a magic user alive that can detect this book, I'll keep my words hidden, in secret we can commune

-She'd note many of the books were ancient texts on the gods, one of them very strange speaking of a creature called a devourer that killed even the gods and endlessly follow them ending all life as they know it, this was not in the scriptures, and yet this book spoke of them as if they were an absolute fact. What books were not on the gods were about the arcane arts, lacking the requisite knowledge what exact secrets they divulge are hard to determine, though every single book is handwritten in Myr's script, meaning these may actually be either copies of her spellbooks, or magical research notes she took while staying here-

Raunchel
2015-04-17, 02:07 PM
I look at the book, and feel my heart beating faster. She knows me. She trusts me. And she loves me. She has shared her heart with me, and I will share mine with her. Myr deserves it. I hope that she will really accept me, when she knows me like I know her now? I act quickly now. I put her book my pack, along with my old diaries, and my current one. I put that one amongst the others, it would have been a new one, starting with today. I can easily claim this tome as my new journal.

I put everything away, and go through the room, as though I have searched every corner of it, before I lean to look under the bed. Knowing that it is where the teleportation stone will be. My story has to make sense. I don't pray, not now. It would be an affront. And then I touch the stone, squeezing my eyes shut.

Cogsrow
2015-04-18, 10:29 AM
-As you touch the stone there was a strange pulling and you would land with a dull thud on the stone floor of the temple. There were about a dozen paladins all looking shocked, or at least you think they are shocked in their posture since their faces are hidden. Her brain didn't even have time to process what had happened before she was being hugged by the sister superior- "Thank the goddess you are okay, what happened? you just suddenly dissapeared!?" -it would seem none of them noticed you touching the stone, they probably attributed your sudden dissapearance to some strange power or entity within the temple. There were a few other sisters all looking concerned and a few of them are injured, the most injured of all though was a warforged paladin who was currently missing an arm.-

Raunchel
2015-04-18, 11:50 AM
I look at the others, with my eyes wide open. They look injured! That's horrible. And there is little that can be done now to help them. But they don't know. This is my chance, I can prove Myr that I won't betray her, that I'm truly her friend. "I, I don't know. I was just standing here, and suddenly I felt a shock, and everything was dark. I however was blessed by the Goddess, to cast light upon my surroundings. I was in a room, filled with dust and vermin. I was really afraid. There was nothing there, I pulled the cobwebs aside, but here was only stone below. I prayed, hoping to find a way to escape, but nothing happened. I searched the room again and again, and suddenly I was pulled back here."

I lied. I actually lied. About something important, something big. I just hope that it doesn't show.

I think that this is where I make my first check, bluff of course: [roll0]

Cogsrow
2015-04-18, 12:12 PM
-Well none of them seemed like they were really in any mind to disbelieve her, after all it was consistent to what they thought happened, she'd get a cloak wrapped around her as they help her up. It had been a full day since they had seen her they said, and they helped her outside the temple, a few of the sisters were talking about how they were never comeing back this place was truely damned. The sister superior was staying close to you and looks at you- "are you okay?"

Raunchel
2015-04-18, 12:22 PM
I feel very good, I have learned so much today, and it feels like my eyes were opened to a truth that had always been hidden from me. But I can't say that. "I was terrified, but now I feel safe again. But the sisters and the paladins, they seem injured. What has happened to them?"

Cogsrow
2015-04-18, 12:36 PM
"we discovered why this place is so tainted, it was a base of the lich. Apparently this was where he created one of his servants. We did combat with him but he proved to strong for us to defeat so we retreated, the foul creature is somewhere in the depths of the temple now" -she'd shudder- "it is the greatest shame that a temple of the goddess is playing home to such an abomination, it's intelligence is a mockery of the gift of life, a souless automaton that pretends it lives"

Raunchel
2015-04-18, 12:42 PM
I feel horrified. One of Myr's creatures. What must have happened to cause her to place it here? Obviously to guard her tomes. And of course, her secrets. They shouldn't be held by anyone. The creature must have been driven mad by the isolation, I can imagine that. "Did, did anyone get badly hurt? And what will be done with this place? Will more paladins be called, to wipe away the taint?"

Cogsrow
2015-04-18, 01:15 PM
-She'd look at her- "Lady Drina is riding out tonight to do battle with the creature and defeat it. Once it is destroyed we can purify this place, and destroy any foul texts or taints the lich has left behind." -She said it mater of factly as they walked towards the base camp, in the distance she'd hear an unnatural howl, looking towards the temple she'd see some beast, hanging from the tallest spire, roaring, it's body cloaked in rags and shadows, making it's true appearance impossible to determine as it slips back into the temple-

Raunchel
2015-04-18, 01:47 PM
I look at the creature, and I feel a shiver running down my spine. The creature seems frightening. But perhaps, I feel a slight sliver of hope in my heart. What if it would know things, about where I could find Myr. I know that she was destroyed, but I know now how clever she was. She could have found another way, a way to escape. To remove the dead god's presence, to make him die for good while surviving. To do what she liked most, to study. With her magic she could do that, study in a remote place.

"Lady Drina? Then I am assured that our mission will be a great success, she has received many blessings, and the darkness can never hope to stand against the truly blessed. When will she come here?"

Cogsrow
2015-04-18, 02:13 PM
-She'd think a moment on the question- "She left from Volkstad this morning" -you knew Volkstad as the center of your religion, it had become a mecca in recent years due to the presence of Phyrra's resting chambers and Drina's own holy guard of warforged Paladins. It would take her 4 days to reach here on horseback, 2 if the Gold dragon Golconda was in the mood to be rode by her ride. Which would give precious little time, though as you reach the camp you see everyone turning in, the only warforged Paladin with you haveing to power off in order to keep stable from all it's damages, there was a paltry watch of 3 paladins, but they were more focused for creatures than watching any of the sisters-

Raunchel
2015-04-18, 02:44 PM
I think for a few moments after our return to the camp, but then my mind is made up. I try to take some food, and then I wait for darkness to fall, and all of us to go to sleep. I don't want to be missed. Then I set off. I feel frightened, but I have very little time. I have to speak to the creature. It is my first time outside, alone, at night, and it scares me. But I'm driven on by a force I never knew before. I have to find a way to find Myr.

I try to avoid the paladins, already knowing where they are, and then I head through the darkness, to the temple, to my destiny.

Cogsrow
2015-04-18, 02:52 PM
-She'd cross the barren lands towards the entance to the temple, during the day it was merely eerie and creepy, but at night, at night it was like the gate to hell itself, entering the dark temple you could barely see, even the light cast off from your blessings seemed weaker, as if the very presence within was draining such things from the air. you make it back to the same antichamber as before, the teleportation stone no longer glowing, it's magic long since forgotten. Though one thing was not forgotten and you hear it's sickly voice wash over your body from some place unseen, it was harsh, like a slab of granite hitting a piece of marble. Every word a new wound to one's ears-

"SO THE FLY WALKS INTO THE WEB, A PECULIAR OCCURANCE, BUT I AM STARVING, I WILL NOT QUESTION GOOD FORTUNE"

Raunchel
2015-04-18, 03:06 PM
I force myself to keep calm, to not show my fear. I might have made a terrible mistake. But there is no way back now. "I am no fly. I am hers, like you are. She who was lost shall be found, and I shall bask in the glory. Do not stand against me, to do so is to stand against she who gave life to you."

Cogsrow
2015-04-18, 03:08 PM
-You get the sense of something incredibly big shifting around just beyond your vision, just hidden by the darkness-

PECULIAR THAT A FOLLOWER OF ONE WHO LAID HER MAJESTY TO REST WOULD COME TO REIVIVE HER, SHE WHO SOUGHT TO REMAKE AND HELP THE WORLD, ONLY FOR IT TO CAST HER OUT. I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEV YOUR RHETORIC FALSE PRIEST OF FALSE GODS.

Raunchel
2015-04-18, 03:20 PM
I have its attention. That at least is good. And I haven't died yet, or suffered terrible wounds, or anything like that. My fear even starts to recede, but I know that I'm still balancing on the thin side of a page, if I make a mistake I will be in deep trouble.

"I was born and raised to faith. But I was also born and raised to study. I have found hidden secrets, and now I know the truth. It was forbidden for me. The act of coming here alone would seal my fate. But I must know more, now that lady Drina is coming for you. But I can not allow that to happen. I have need of you, to return her."

Cogsrow
2015-04-20, 01:16 PM
-The beast harumphs in the dark, as you get the sense it keeps on prowling around you-

So the destroyer comes to rid the world of the last of it's saviors, figured for ones so blinded by false gods. It does not matter what secrets you possess child, the one that had the power to save you all is gone, and will never return. I merely remain here to guard my master's possessions, since i failed in guarding her

-the beast steps into the light, it was twisted and gnarled, ape like in build, but canine in appearance, little of it's body could be seen through the dirty rags and cobwebs that covered it, it's hands ended in thick and wicked claws, and each side of it's canine head had 6 red eyes-

You best run back to your convent, where it is safe, there are monsters where you wish to tread, for a goal that is not possible

Raunchel
2015-04-21, 05:57 AM
I look into its eyes, or rather one of the six pairs, trying not to show my fear, and desperation. It can't be impossible. It can't. There must be a way, I am certain of it. I remember my upbringing, the belief in hope. I might have betrayed the Goddess, but I still know hope, and the mantras. "She is not gone from this world yet. Something still lingers, and through that she can return. What is needed is a strong will. A strong will can find knowledge, and combined those two can achieve everything, provided that they are strong enough. It might not be an easy path, but there is one. You say that you failed to guard her, and now are guarding her possessions. But if you remain her, you will be destroyed along with all that was hers. Alone I cannot escape the Orders, my strength is not the strength of battle. But with you I can, and she can be returned. Do not rest in your failure, but seek redemption by aiding in her return."

Cogsrow
2015-04-21, 01:06 PM
-The creature would look at you, lowering it's head before speaking softly-

My master's possessions and knowledge are no more, ransacked and destroyed, where would you ever hope to find the knowledge to bring back the long dead, She who was obliterated by the very power of the cosmos. I will protect you child, but i fear that your goal is beyond the reach of mortals

-He'd tilt his head looking around, he seemed the paranoid sort, couldn't blame him, gods knows how many adventuerers have come in trying to kill him-

Raunchel
2015-04-21, 01:36 PM
"No knowledge is ever truly lost. There are books that keep it. Hidden in this place, and in my heart.", I answer, trying not to breathe too loudly. If it is still possible to enter the room, we can do a proper, thorough search, and find all the tomes that are useful. With them, and my guide, we can flee, and find a place to study. A place to learn how to do this. There is little that I know about magic, but I know that I can learn. It is all I ever did, and my only real weapon.

"When I first came to this place, I came into a room, filled with tomes. We can return there, and retrieve as many of them as we can. They are her works."

Cogsrow
2015-04-21, 02:38 PM
-The beast shakes his head-

You are already in possession of what is most important in that room, the other books are merely rediscovered ideas that will not help us.

-He'd turn and starts walking, his manner of movements are similiar to a gorrilla's where he balances on his knuckles as he walks forward-

Deep within this temple lies a lab that the master used, there are her greatest secrets and notes, aside from those that were at the tower in the soul wastes. Though I fear those were likely utterly destroyed after her death. They could not ruin the tower, but they could rend apart it's contents

Raunchel
2015-04-21, 02:50 PM
"Then that is where we must go. To seek through it all.", I hope that this creature will lead me there, it is still very frightening to be around it. But still I follow, there is too much that I don't know yet, too much, and I fear that I will never match Myr, that I will be unable to do this. But I will try, no matter what it takes.

Cogsrow
2015-04-21, 03:05 PM
-It uses it's massive strength to slide a stone wall to the side, it seems at one point there had been a mechanism, but age had degraded it away, and he starts to lead you down a set of steps. it seemed like an hour of walking before you come to a solid adamantium door-

We are here

-He opens the door revealing a mad man's dream, there were tables with ancient dessicated corpses strewn across them, organs and meat so old it was either rotted into puddles or rock like chunks on the ground. More bodies were hanging on hooks, some of them hooked up to arcane devices that had long since run out of power. Tables of tools and materials lined each wall, with hundreds of books on shelves above them, clockwork automatons sat motionless, assistance far to broken to ever function again. Fortunately the bodies were so old the smell of rot and decay was only a lingering aftertaste in the air. The beast merely prowls in and closes the door behind you-

We will be undiscovered for a time, gather whatever you need

Raunchel
2015-04-21, 03:28 PM
The room startles me. I had read about the dark rituals and research, but this is far worse. For a moment I ask myself if I did the right thing, or that I might have misled myself. But no, I know that I haven't. Myr was a good person, she only did what was necessary, no matter how horrible it might have been. It was self-sacrifice, nothing more. Nothing truly dark. She was too kind for that. And she only ever hurt bad people.

But still, I am happy that it all happened long ago, otherwise the smell alone would have made me throw up, this sight merely makes me almost do it. I walk through the room, careful to not touch anything that might be dangerous, or one of the bodies. I have cared for the dead before, but still, this is different. Slowly I look everywhere, for papers, notes, or peculiar items, and I take as much as I can, placing it all into my bag.

But then it strikes me. If I want to be with Myr, when she is returned, I have to be able to work with her. I have to do this. I force myself to look. But when I try to make myself touch one of the bodies, I can't. It simply is too much for me to bear. So, I keep searching, hoping for something to tell me where to go.

Cogsrow
2015-04-22, 01:21 PM
-To say that Myr kept meticulous notes would be the grandest of understatements. you find hundreds of books with her neat and perfect script, detailing rituals, spells, abilities, different types of undead, categorizing the body. It seems inbetween magical rituals she created medical procedures, practiced surgery and generally researched how to fix and heal people. Each book just seems to be the latest in a line of notes, each one numbers, the higher the number the later on in her work the notes were. You hear a sickening crunch and see the beast takeing a bite out of one of the corpses, makes sense, he didn't seem to be undead, so he probably had to eat like the rest of us-

I know not how to read, so I cannot help you find what would be most important

-in one book you find doodles of Myr, she was suprisingly skilled at drawing and you could easily make out her appearance, she had regal features, and at least the way she drew her eyes they could melt ice with the intensity of their glare, it seems this was mostly mapping out positions for tattoos for ritual, which means she was naked in the diagram. Each limb and several other parts of her body covered in doodled arcane tattoos-

Raunchel
2015-04-23, 09:13 AM
I am amazed by the number of books. It is so exciting, all of her research, the work of endless years of research. It is simply beautiful. The thought of even leaving one of these behind is almost enough to make me cry. I turn open several of the books, even while I can feel my stomach turn around, the idea of the creature eating the corpses is simply sickening. I don't know how to choose, most of this is beyond me, but I know that I will have to understand it all, to ever have a hope of success. Such a genius must be brought back into this world, to transform it to its true state.

When I turn open another book I see the drawings of Myr's own form. They make me feel strange. Despite the coldness of my surroundings I start feeling warm, hot even, and my fingers start to tremble. I feel frightened, but also happy, Myr was so beautiful. I can hardly sit still, but I have to. My eyes remain focused on the images, and I feel short of breath. I wonder if this is a punishment from the Goddess, for betraying her, but it feels too good for it. I whisper in the tongue of the heavens: "You are so beautiful."

Slowly I start feeling normal again, confused by what has happened. Was this some spell left by Myr, for whoever reads her notes? I don't know, but it would be possible, she was a potent mage. I think about what I should take, there simply are too many books. I could never take them all. But I can try. I take my pack, the small bag that contains everything I have. I carefully remove everything from it. Nothing is as important as these books. Except of course Myr's diary. That is the most important of all. Worth more than the rest of the world combined. I take out my vestments, my spare clothing, my holy water. Eventually I find the small mirror that I always used to help with applying the powdered lead I use to make my face this mask. I don't need it anymore. It is irrelevant now. I even take out my old diaries, filled with experiences and thoughts that no longer truly matter. I finally know.

I then pile up the books, dividing them into categories. I know that I have to keep the one with the tattoos, they are important, there is a reason for the spell that was on them, even if it still eludes me. I try to order the notes by how important they might be, with a preference for the more recent ones, they will represent the peak of her research. But the older ones also are important, to understand the later work. I first place Myr's diary into the extradimensional space, and then I try to fit in as many books as I can, knowing that there is a limit to both the weight and the volume that I can fit in there.

While doing this I recall something, the covers are heavy. I know that they are needed to protect the tomes, but anything that stays here will be burned, or worse. I take the small knife from my writing kit, the one that normally is used to cut pages. It is small, almost completely harmless, but an important tool. And now I use it again, to cut the weight of what I can take. I slice off the wooden boards of the cover, and feel the knife slicing through my heart. It hurts to do this, but it is necessary. As soon as I have done it, I take a pen and write on the number that was on the cover, to prevent later mistakes. One by one I cut the ones that I considered to be the most relevant, and I place them into the pack.

Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]
Knowledge (Nature): [roll1]
Knowledge (Planes): [roll2]
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll3]

Cogsrow
2015-04-24, 01:05 AM
-The creature would rest on the floor as you search, and at your comment it would speak softly-

She was, I remember when I first met her, a radiant light amongst a dull grey, I was alive then, and i so enjoyed her company. There were days we would starve, and she'd share what little she scrapped together with me.....it's why I did not regret dying to protect her, and yet, she breathed the gift of life back into me. Myr was my greatest friend and companion.. I regret only that I could not die protecting her again, so that I knew I gave it my all.

-He'd close his eyes, as you search and search you find so much intereting knowledge, this was a base of operation both before and after her transformation into the lich. the early books are mostly magical theory on what if she was about to do was even possible and if she would live. Those books were for the most part useless, not like there was another dead god floating around for you to devour. The next ones were treatise on religion and thought, a few books not written by Myr, they were ancient texts in a language you couldn't read, though you recognized it as holy writtings, the words of the gods in their native tongue, but in an ancient dialect that was near impossible to decipher, though you do decipher a single script-

"The emperor rose before the onslought of destroyers, they sought to devour his light and in but a moment he waved his hand and a thousand suns blinked out of existance, and it was not enough. Quadrillions of lives destroyed, untold planets and starts forever gone, but it was a noble sacrifice, it gave us time, the time we needed. He did not come with us, he said he would fight them and draw their attention. We fled to elysium, a haven, we would be safe here and hidden, the emperor's radiance masking it's creation"

-Myr randomly switches between the old archon text and normal words as she writes, postulating at one point learning hte language seems to have a memetic affect influencing her mind, the cost of learning to read such an ancient dialect, it was at this point you start to see her growing disdain for the gods, sending quadrillions of lives to death to merely buy themselves time. Though she also wonders if this was the same elysium, these books were far far far far older than elysium, perhaps it was a cycle, maybe these gods were innocent. It was impossible to know for truth. She also points out only Phyrra is a wholesomely good god, and she was flippant at times.-

-Luckily the titles were merely numbers, so stripping the covers off to create room was fine, each book self contained on the ideas within at that. Though it was when you got to the newer books you found Myr's script was different, it flowed as beautifully as before but it glowed in the darkness, as if her very presence imbued her writeings with magic, and it was at this point you find something peculiar, tucked within the back of the newest book, 20 pages, that looked to be torn from a smaller book, one the size of the diary of myr you held in your pack, it was at this point you remember it ends abruptly, and actually had some tear marks.-

Raunchel
2015-04-24, 11:03 AM
I don't know why, but I am starting to feel jealous of the creature. As though I want to keep Myr for myself, which is a nonsensical idea of course. I can't just claim someone. That would be a horrible thing. Terrible beyond any imagination, I don't want to return her for myself, but for the whole world. And for herself, she deserves it. She was, is, such a wonderful person. As soon as I close my eyes I see the drawings again, so beautiful. More beautiful than I have seen in my whole life. I have never seen many bodies, not for many years. Members of my order are not allowed such things, as our only devotion is towards the Goddess.

The old tongue is hard to read, but I have seen something close to it before, and I slowly decipher the meaning, of fragments at least, my time is limited. There are things here that I did not know, and I wonder if the Order knows them at all, or if they are kept hidden from the lower sisters like me. I have often been told that I am too young to study certain things, as though it would be dangerous to do so. But I know better, no knowledge is dangerous, there are no negatives to knowing more. Because knowledge leads to understanding, and understanding leads to justice. Hiding knowledge therefor is a terrible act. But if the Order did not know, it means that the Goddess has kept things from them, making her the dark force. And that is almost incomprehensible. She is good. The very definition of it.

But I cannot linger on it, I cannot do so on anything. The fires are coming, and I have to save as much as possible. But then, when I am almost finished, I find the missing piece of the diary. And I take it, this I will read thoroughly, it is my only way to truly know Myr.

Cogsrow
2015-04-25, 10:12 AM
-The pages hummed with magical energy and the moment she picked them up, they moved swiftly into her bag, the diary lifting out slowly. The pages slide in reconnecting and in a flash the diary now lay open upon the desk, completed and whole now, though the pages now were blank, empty canvas, but then slowly, bleeding forth from the pages came ink-

Mmmm, I don't know what suprises me more, the fact that this plan actually worked, or that it was a priestess of Phyyra that set it in motion. That's kinda like a dragon being the one that buys you out of debt

-The Calligraphy and tone of talking, it could only be Myr, these words were emblazoned upon pages you'be already seen, and yet they were new, the book had shown some intelligence before but only flipping to pages with prewritten things or hideing words, now it truely was speaking-

Well I suppose introductions are in order, I'm Myr....don't go asking for a last name, havn't got one

Raunchel
2015-04-25, 03:53 PM
I'm startled. I had not expected this to happen. To see the diary leave its extradimensional space, and the other pages to enter it. I look at the blank open pages before me, hoping to see something. And then it is there. Her writing. I wonder how I should answer, perhaps speaking to it would work, or maybe I should write in the answers. But I hardly dare to do that,afraid of hurting the tome. But it at least is clear that she can observe me, to know my appearance, and that in turn means that she can observe her surroundings, and perhaps she can also hear.

"I, ehm, My name is Drimanai, I, ehm, never knew my last name, it was not relevant for the Order, so that makes us similar, I think. Can you hear what I am saying?"

Cogsrow
2015-04-25, 03:57 PM
Ah yes, remove the individuality to make priestesses more compliant. -The pages book flow forth with ink forming into words- But yes I can hear you, must say it's rather nice to hear something, for the past decade all I've ever been able to actually do is read, and even then only the books in the immediate vicinity. I regret not stashing more interesting texts down here -A rather cavalier attitude for a soul trapped in a book, and as she finishes speaking a page rips and folds over and the ink forms a pair of eyes, feminine, longish eyelashes, and deep blue irises gazing back- Well regardless it is a pleasure to meet you Drimanai, I'm fortunate to be lucky enough you brought my diary and spell pages together.

Raunchel
2015-05-03, 03:50 PM
I look into the blue eyes, they are so beautiful. It almost feels as though I weigh nothing, and there is no world around me, only those eyes. The feeling is even stronger than that I had when reading her diary. Those lashes are so beautiful. I remember picking mine out, one by one. It was a little painful, but it was ritually necessary. After all, I could never show any hair. But her eyes are so nice, the prettiest I have ever seen. "I hope that it doesn't disapoint you, I haven't seen many things in my life. But I wonder, how did you come to reside in this book?"

Cogsrow
2015-05-04, 11:50 AM
I'm actually alive again, I'm far far far to thankful to really be dissapointed right now. -She'd chuckle and takes a moment to think- As for how I came to be in the book, well.....I wasn't until you put those pages in, see I found out you can craft more than one vessel for your soul. Though it requires things that mean an immense deal to you, things you poured your heart and soul into. So I crafted the spell knowing that when it was added to my diary, the portion of my soul in there would fully awaken and once again gain sentience. Not as useful as a phylactery but it's a solid plan B since the phylactery seemed to not work....or was destroyed, probably the latter honestly.

Raunchel
2015-05-04, 03:52 PM
"You are alive?", I ask, slightly surprised. She is in a book, so, not really alive I think. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to be rude, but it seems to me that being alive in a book has some limitations." There is the most peculiar thought in my head, saying that I can't embrace a book, but that makes no sense at all, holding a book is easier than holding a human being, and not nearly as strange either. I don't like touching, and positively loath being touched at all. "But we can't stay here for too long. Lady Drina is on her way, and my sisters will soon find me missing. Are there any other things in this place that will be important to gather, other than this book, your notes, and your guardian?"

Cogsrow
2015-05-04, 06:24 PM
Mmm, alive is a poor word for my current state. Though I am...present at least within the material realm for now. Which is good, being a book is better than being a corpse -She'd chuckle a moment and the eyes undraw themselves and redraw themselves looking at her- Ah so the mechanical abomination that killed me, well then I guess I'm in no state to show her it was a fluke.....there's nothing here of importance, I have it all memorized. At this point the volume of work would just slow us down

Raunchel
2015-05-05, 09:31 AM
"Then I think that we should leave.", I say, but I still put some of the notebooks in my pack, along with my diaries. I am hurrying, I know that there still is time, but still, they could come to investigate, to try to save me. The creature might fight them off, but I don't want them to be hurt, and hopefully he will come with us, so I can prevent him from harming anyone. Perhaps I can talk to them later on, when I have the means to escape. They looked to be in a bad state, and I don't want any repetition of such things, especially not if it is for me.

"Do you want me to, ehm, close you? And how do you want to travel?"

Cogsrow
2015-05-05, 10:37 AM
-The creature was in awed silence at the fact its master was still alive, it was pretty obvious it would protect that book with its very life, at your question the book merely chuckles- Well darling, I can't speak if i'm closed so if you can do without the wonderful company of a book then feel free to close me....just don't put me in that haversack I'm rather enjoying being aware of my surroundings again...oh and if we wish to escape we can take my wey gate -Her voice was a little less dry now, as if she was actually remembering how to talk, as those eyes look at you- Your choice really, not like i'm in the position to argue

Raunchel
2015-05-05, 10:54 AM
"Then I'll keep you in my arms, close to me, so we can keep speaking.", I say, perhaps a bit too forcefully. I want to keep her close to me, even though I don't know why. Not just for her wisdom. I wonder about the reason for this, I think that it is because I am afraid of the monster, and she can keep me safe from it. That must be it.

I stand up, my bags filled with books, and Myr in my arms. I speak to the rather scary monster: "Ehm, how should I call you? And shall we leave this place? Through the Wey Gate?"

Cogsrow
2015-05-05, 12:50 PM
Well Myr, your majesty, goddess -she'd chuckle- Feel free to call me whatever you want, I can't really argue it and one name is as good as another, as for the way gate, the creature can show you the way to the tallest tower, there it will be. Hopefully still functioning -The creature perks up and nods getting ready to ascend back up the steps-

Raunchel
2015-05-05, 02:11 PM
"I will call you Myr then, if you call me Drimanai. But your creature, does it have a name?", I start following the creature, hoping that this escape route is still intact, I have no experience of survival, and fear for my wellbeing if I try to cross the wastelands without normal people around me, the creature would only feed me monstrous things.

Cogsrow
2015-05-07, 01:51 PM
Hmmm, I can't remember if he does or doesn't, things are a bit fuzzy, Probably post death mental trauma, something similiar occured when I became a lich -The beast was silent, if it had a name it did not speak it and it leads you to the top of the tallest tower, there stood a solid stone ring standing on it'd edge, made of gold and silver, carved with arcane runes, and towering over you, this seemed to be a wey gate- Ah good to know it's still intact, this will let us escape, though if they destroyed the other one at my tower, then who knows where it'll send us

Raunchel
2015-05-07, 04:54 PM
I swallow, this could be dangerous. But less so than fleeing through the wastes, hungry and thirsty, and pursued by those who know how to survive, and to find their prey. It is the only true way. I hold Myr tightly, as though it can help with my fear. Normally I would have prayed, but I don't dare to, afraid that it will draw the attention of the Goddess, and she will cast me down. It goes against everything, but I no longer feel the same about it. This morning there were adoration, devotion and love. Now there is fear, and even some anger. Anger for what has been done to Myr, and to countless others, only to extend their own existence. To save themselves they sacrificed the world. That thought alone will haunt me for ever.

And then I do it. I take the single step, into the wey gate, and an unknown future.

Cogsrow
2015-05-10, 04:34 PM
-Stepping through the wey gate, there was the unique sensation of being both squished and pulled apart, and you'd land with a thud in a pitch black room, wait no, the room wasn't black you couldn't see, your hearing was dulled and all you heard was the throb of your heart, your body ached....but you were alive and soon your senses returned to you. The stone beneath you was cold, and old, the very air had the stale and musky scent of of a tomb. Though it wasn't dark at least, strange crystals illuminated the room you were in, they cast an eerie blue light over everything, any further investigations were haulted as with an immense thud the creature came through as well landing behind you. Myr would chuckle softly- mmmm, oh yes, I know exactly where we are. this....could not have worked out better -She purred out those words, her voice a little sultry- This will make a perfect base of operations.

Raunchel
2015-05-10, 05:35 PM
The darkness is terrible, I can't see, I can hardly hear, only my own body. I feel abandoned. All alone. The arrival of the monster is a relief, and then the voice. Through the darkness, coming to the very core of my soul. It is so beautiful. I want to speak to her, all alone, there is a promise of so much knowledge, and even comfort, as strange as it might seem. I feel a little tired, but cannot sleep. Not yet. There still is so much to do. The illumination is strange, but that only is to be expected, Myr commanded, or commands, many strange powers. I feel relieved that I don't have to ask the Goddess for light, she might notice, and that would have terrible effects. "Where are we? Is this your tower?"

Cogsrow
2015-05-11, 01:11 PM
Not quite that fortunate, but we are in an outpost of mine. It'll be a good base of operation to increase our power before we move towards my tower. -The beast takes the lead as Myr talks- Basically, this was a laboratory I used to create my stronger undead without having to waste spells on teleporting back to my tower. As well as demon summon circles, portals to call forth untold monsters. It'll serve as a good place to raise a small but effective army, that'll let us walk right onto my tower -You know it won't be that easy, there was an immense great wall, easily 500ft tall surrounding the entire soul wastes, where her tower lay. They would need a grand army to actually break through- I'll have to teach you so much, every formulae and ritual, oh we have so much wonderful work to do -she seemed more excited now- Ready to learn some magic? -she says this as the beast opens a door revealing a large magical laboratory, with a few doors leading off elsewhere. This was definitely a place one could do what you need though, and myr clears her throat, or at least makes a sound that sounds like she is- Though I guess now is hte most important question, you've helped me....but how far are you willing to walk with me? it's not gonna be an easy path. that's for sure, and we'll make more enemies than friends.

Raunchel
2015-05-11, 01:55 PM
The way she speaks about creating undead, summoning daemons, and powerful spells frightens me, but at the same time, it feels exciting. There are so many things to learn, it feels as though whole worlds have opened to my vision, while I previously only saw one fragment of one world. It is overwhelming, but my curiosity can't be stopped. There is so much that I want to learn, so much knowledge and wisdom that she holds in her mind. Such a beautiful mind. And I will have to learn much, to ever travel to her tower. But why is it so important? Perhaps it holds the secret of returning her to a bodily form. If so, I will have to learn fast. She spent lifetimes learning, and I have only one, and I fear that it might be short, if I should fail.

"I am always ready to learn.", I answer to the first question, but then I pause, to consider. What am I willing to do? I cannot harm someone, that would be terrible. But what if there is a good reason? I answer honestly: "I do not know what I can bear, but I will try to go where I must."

Cogsrow
2015-05-11, 02:55 PM
You realize we will have to kill people right? It's simply somethign that will have to happen at some point, they will oppose us and once they learn a necromancer and daemonologist are working in a local tomb, they'll be incredibly quick to start sending adventurers. If you do not have the will to continue onwards, then now would be the time to turn back -Surrounded by these mystical artifacts and pieces of arcane lore, one could easily start to become an evil overlord from this spot, a ruler, a conquerer, dark magics, dark powers, with time it would all come, she now had her final choice, the last step before the precipe, to continue n the dark path or turn back. She could take myr and run of course, try and convince her against the path of returning to her tower, or she could go along with her dark plans, and pray that your soul doesn't fall as far as myr's. It was yours and yours alone to make, and myr spoke softly- you've already done more for me than I could ever ask of anyone, I am thankful. Do not feel pressured to continue on this path with me. Hell, I think you're the only person that's ever cared about me, a warming thought in all honesty.

Raunchel
2015-05-11, 05:08 PM
I stand still, thinking. The thoughts race through my head. I don't want to hurt anyone, let alone kill them. But, what if it is the only way to make the world a better place? I have read the works of Millanius, and he wrote that one should choose the greater good, even if it means dark deeds. I thought it to be a terrible idea, but now I see the strength of it. Myr has done terrible things, and I will need to do horrible things for her. But she will like me, and together we can greatly improve the world. It is not a good place now, and with sufficient power, I might make it better for the common people.

But somehow I can't focus on the big moral questions once she mentions that it is warming that I care for her. It means that she cares for me! I start to blush, which should be mostly invisible due to my painted face. That's a good thing, she might think that I'm an idiot otherwise. "I think that I can do it, to make the world a better place.", and to be together, I think, not daring to voice it.

Cogsrow
2015-05-13, 12:56 PM
Well first and foremost, I'll have to teach you to raise the dead, summon demons, craft constructs, and other methods of raiding an army...hmm....we probably only have time to cover the basics of one before adventurers start arriving -The beast would meanwhile get busy righting furniture and dusting things off- You can pick which one you'd like to focus on, admittedly constructs would be the hardest to begin with but not impossible -The beast would then begin gently trying to open the wooden doors leading out of the room to go exploreing for threats- The wey gate's magic would of been noticeable, so someone comeing to investigate is rather likely. But it hardly matters, we can handle it together

So I'm currently building the dungeon map in Roll20, provided that's alright. I'm also working on rules for changes on how summoning, crafting, and raiseing tends to work ;3 those'll be done in a day or two. Mostly it's to make being an evil overlordess a bit easier inso far as the raising of armies and such. Though since we're about to go through a teaching bit for her, raise her level by 2, since Myr is about to instruct her in the arts of magic and general raiseing armies.

Raunchel
2015-05-13, 02:51 PM
I think for a few moments, all of them sound so horrible. Raising the dead goes against everything that I've been raised to do, we were supposed to put them at rest. But summoning demons, that's even worse. They're the very incarnation of evil, and I fear that I won't be able to stand up to them. Constructs are not as dark, but there is so little time. And I can't risk losing everything because I don't have the will to do it. But what to choose? Then it strikes me, Myr died, and to bring her back, I must know about such things. She is strong, she can stand up to the darkness.

"I think that I will learn to raise the dead, I know little about it, but more than I know about the forces of the lower planes."

Doing that on Roll20 is fine, but I have to admit that I'm rather irregular due to work, and have only just set up an account there.