PDA

View Full Version : MoiJ and the one mile limit?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-04-15, 04:30 AM
Ok, if roy happens to get carried away from belkar by xykon's dragon, and the MoJ activates, do you think that durkon or V could/would remove it since belkar hadn't done anything and had been fighting for AC?

I can't see durkon or V lertting belkar be crippled by that damn mark and either butchered by the hobs or simply out of the battle, so I think they would do it, the issue is can they?

The nice thing is that once that mark is gone, belkar would be free to say "UP YOURS!" to hinjo and maybe even give him a swift kick or two as a remembrance.

BTW, if V removes it, it might change Belkar's feelings towards the androgynous wonder...

SPoD
2007-04-15, 04:57 AM
I would think that it would make no sense, from a story point of view, to have the MoJ activate that way unless it was to prove the point that Belkar didn't do anything wrong and still got screwed. And if that happened, then it would make no narrative sense for V or Durkon to be ABLE to remove it at all. The build-up for the MoJ has been such that it would be a big letdown to have Durkon or V be able to wave it away with a single spell afterwards.

In other words, I can't see any point in the story unfolding that way. I think either the MoJ will activate because of something Belkar did wrong, OR if it activates by accident, it will be unable to be easily fixed by the PCs, thus showing that Roy/Shojo were wrong to have put it on in the first place. Depending on what point Rich wants to make and where the story is headed.

I think it would actually be very interesting to have it activate by accident in such a way that they have to seek out a special way to remove it, such as if Hinjo gets killed.

happyturtle
2007-04-15, 05:06 AM
If V or Durkon can remove it, Belkar is going to be very very angry at them for not doing it sooner. After all, he only saved Hinjo because he was afraid he was the only one who could remove it.