PDA

View Full Version : All the bad guys are now good guys build

daremetoidareyo
2015-04-16, 02:11 PM
I put this together when board a few weeks ago.

Human marshal 4/dragonfire adept 1/ emissary of barachiel 5/exemplar 3/mythic exemplar 5/ righteous zealot 2

By level 10, 4 times a day, he is able to convert all humanoids within 30 feet one step towards good with a diplomacy check that has a +42 modifier that becomes permanent after 7 days. Each day after this ability is used the enemy gets another save but it is only at a DC of 1 less than the day before. If you're allowed to take leadership, get a transmuter with as many castings of polymorph other as possible to make all enemies humanoid. Anyways, here's the build.

{Scrubbed}

Level

Human

Feats

Marshal

Sacred vow, Vow of poverty (Human), Nymphs kiss (vop), Skill Focus (diplomacy) (marshal)

Marshal

Vow of non-violence (vop)

dragonfire adept

words of creation, dragon touched

Marshal

Servant of the Heavens (vop)

Marshal

emissary of Barachiel

Vow of Peace (vop), Master manipulator

emissary of Barachiel

emissary of Barachiel

Gift of discernment (VOP)

emissary of Barachiel

Undead empathy

emissary of Barachiel

nimbus of light (VOP)

Exemplar

Exemplar

widen supernatural ability, Knight of Tyr’s Merciful Sword (VOP)

Exemplar

Negotiator (exemplar)

Righteous Zealot

stigmata

Righteous Zealot

Charming

Mythic exemplar

exalted feat

Mythic exemplar

Mythic exemplar

exalted feat, planar touchstone: catalogues of enlightenment (Herald or joy domain)

Mythic exemplar

Mythic exemplar

exalted feat

There ya go mod.

Emissary of barachiel can use the calling/conversion ability to spontaneously and permanently shift the alignments of those around him at level 8 here with a diplomacy check, which at that level, is at a +38 bonus. Paired with the permanent calm emotions to any humanoid that gets within 20 foot of him, and his general good nature, this character is the antithesis of how to do D&D. I like him more as BBGG for an evil campaign.

Chronikoce
2015-04-16, 02:30 PM
Just a heads up. I think the level of detail you have included regarding how each ability works may violate copyright stuff.

Karl Aegis
2015-04-16, 02:33 PM
I don't get it. Maybe you are misinterpreting alignment. That isn't how alignment works. Even a paladin can be a bad guy. Even a cleric of Zarus can be a good guy.

satorian
2015-04-16, 09:11 PM
I like it. That's some serious diplomancy.

Eloel
2015-04-16, 09:16 PM
That isn't how alignment works. Even a paladin can be a bad guy.

Alignment
Lawful good.

Umm... Are you sure?

kellbyb
2015-04-16, 09:52 PM
Umm... Are you sure?

Yes, we're sure. Good is not the same as [good].

icefractal
2015-04-16, 10:08 PM
Yes, we're sure. Good is not the same as [good].Well of course not, [Good] is a subtype. :smalltongue:

But more seriously - IMO, if you're going to call the alignments good and evil, they should mean something consistent with that. If you wanted to have "amoral cosmic force" alignments instead - sure, call them Blue and Red or something. But things like "Good doesn't actually mean good." are just a confusing direction to go in.

Which yes, does make the "maintain the balance between good and evil" idea not something most people would support, any more than we want to "keep the balance" between getting ebola and not getting ebola. But I think that's fine - unconcerned neutral or conflicted neutral are the vastly more common faces of neutrality anyway, and Druids are known to be weird.

Karl Aegis
2015-04-17, 08:05 AM
Umm... Are you sure?

Is there anything more lawful and more good than exterminating anything capable of being chaotic and evil?

atemu1234
2015-04-17, 10:43 AM
Is there anything more lawful and more good than exterminating anything capable of being chaotic and evil?

Yes? Doing it without murder.

Karl Aegis
2015-04-17, 11:07 AM
Yes? Doing it without murder.

Unfortunately, my boss only taught me to find targets and smite them from atop my mighty steed. Riding horses and extermination are the only things I can do.

Eloel
2015-04-17, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately, my boss only taught me to find targets and smite them from atop my mighty steed. Riding horses and extermination are the only things I can do.

Are you a Paladin by any chance?

icefractal
2015-04-17, 02:06 PM
Yes? Doing it without murder.[adventurer]Whoa, whoa, whoa, that's a slippery slope to go down there. When you start questioning the heroic value of murder, you could undermine the whole concept of dungeon crawling for good-aligned characters! Think of the poor Barbarians, like Ragnar here:

:thog: "Barbarian training mostly focus on axe-based problem solving."
:thog: "Wait, are you saying Ragnar not heroic?!" :smallannoyed: :smallmad: :smallfurious: :furious:

Uh oh, did I mention he's a Frenzied Berserker? ... I'll, er, let you discuss it with him further!
*leaves rapidly*