PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Sorcerer Build

Thurbane
2015-04-16, 08:21 PM
Hey all,

I'm wanting to play a Sorcerer at some point in the future, and I'm wanting to get a build where I PrC out as much as possible, but keep full casting.

Here's what I'm thinking so far: Sorcerer 4/Ruathar 3/Fiend Blooded 8/Abjurant Champion 5. Race is likely to be human.

Feats: Eschew materials, Blood Calls to blood, Versatile Spellcaster, Heighten Spell, Combat Casting.

I'd like to squeeze a bloodline feat (Dragon Compendium) in there too if I can.

Any thoughts or comments?

Cheers - T

Rebel7284
2015-04-16, 08:27 PM
Race -> Dragonwraught Kobold. Extra level of spellcasting is pretty amazing.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-16, 09:04 PM
The Greater Draconic Rite of Passage (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a) is enough reason to play a (Desert (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/environmentalRacialVariants.htm#desertKobolds)) Kobold over a Human.

You won't need Heighten Spell with the Ancestral Relic Runestaff (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?267805-Sorcerer-Handbook#4) trick, just put a spell of X level on it where X is one level higher than your highest level spell slots, and Versatile Spellcaster gets you the ability to cast spells of that level. If you do get Heighten Spell, consider taking one or more reserve feats in CM.

A_S
2015-04-16, 10:54 PM
I assume Heighten is there for casting time shenanigans with Arcane Spellsurge? If so, go for it; if not, you could use something to do with your swift actions. Either Quicken Spell + Rapid Metamagic or something like Minor Shapeshift.

If you anticipate downtime to be limited, a reserve feat would be good.

I'm always a big fan of Fell Drain, even if you only ever use it on Cloud of Knives.

Seharvepernfan
2015-04-20, 04:59 PM
Hey all,

I'm wanting to play a Sorcerer at some point in the future, and I'm wanting to get a build where I PrC out as much as possible, but keep full casting.

Here's what I'm thinking so far: Sorcerer 4/Ruathar 3/Fiend Blooded 8/Abjurant Champion 5. Race is likely to be human.

Feats: Eschew materials, Blood Calls to blood, Versatile Spellcaster, Heighten Spell, Combat Casting.

I'd like to squeeze a bloodline feat (Dragon Compendium) in there too if I can.

Any thoughts or comments?

Cheers - T

Can't help you with the prestige classes, but I would definitely add imp init, silent spell, and still spell to your list. Wear a spiked gauntlet of warning with a wand chamber (and maybe a second spiked gauntlet with a wand chamber).

edit: and maybe rapid metamagic and quicken spell.