PDA

View Full Version : Need access to travel domain without being a cleric

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-04-16, 11:06 PM
Need access to travel domain without being a cleric. I thought seeker of misty isle was my salvation but I was wrong its exclusive to elf kin. My character will will be human and I thought swordsage with dip into a cleric but i don't want my character to worship gods just be a philosopher swordsmen.

Werephilosopher
2015-04-16, 11:09 PM
Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment) feat will get you the Travel domain power.

EDIT: Or be a cleric of a philosophy related to traveling.

Xefas
2015-04-16, 11:15 PM
EDIT: Or be a cleric of a philosophy related to traveling.

A philosophical cleric of philosophy itself. Travel + Knowledge domains.

"Endeavor to learn all you can in this life. (Because the Wall Of The Faithless is gonna **** you up when you die.)" ~ Oath of the Philosophy Cleric

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-04-16, 11:19 PM
Ha jokes on you, the gods died long ago in this campaign! Steampunk Post-Apocalypse/World War

tadkins
2015-04-16, 11:23 PM
If you took Ruathar and became friends with elves, would that qualify you for SotMI?

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-04-16, 11:38 PM
The thing is my character according to the DM which is generally liberal about things. Says in this world is to be a cleric would to belong to a formal religion or found a cult. Which my character is a wondering character so to start a formal organization wouldn't be possible at this point.

DrMotives
2015-04-17, 12:03 AM
Are you wanting the spells on that list, or the granted domain power? Because there are ways to get either of those separately without any cleric levels. You can get the travel domain power, the uses of "freedom of movement" with 5 levels of wizard and an alternative class feature from Complete Divine where you replace a bonus feat with a domain power from any god / philosophy your character worships / believes in. If you just want those spells, there's always Archivist class from HoH. They can scribe any divine scroll into their prayer books, so in effect their class list is "any divine spell the character can get their hands on"

nedz
2015-04-17, 03:57 AM
Some more information about your character would be useful.

If you were an arcane caster then Arcane Disciple might work, but you would need a patron deity, which is apparently not possible ?

Why do you need the travel domain ? Most of it's spells can be acquired in other ways.

If you took Ruathar and became friends with elves, would that qualify you for SotMI?

Not by RAW, but it would be a reasonable houserule.

tadkins
2015-04-17, 04:16 AM
Not by RAW, but it would be a reasonable houserule.

Yep I should have looked it up to make sure. I thought Ruathar was just the Stoneblessed: Elf Edition, where you end up counted as an elf at the end of it.