PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help a 21st level caster prepare for the day!

soapdude
2015-04-17, 11:42 AM
Howdy,

I have a Human Wiz8/RMm10/HoS3 with a Weasel familiar and a 19HD Gold Dragon Effigy (where the familiar rides in a Familiar Pocket-ed scarf). Well, he used to be Human, but after multiple reincarnations, he is now a Drow (still with the the heir of siberys class).

And, due to a deal with Death himself, he is also mostly undead. This means he is immune to:
poison
sleep
paralysis
disease
nausea
fatigue
exhaustion
stunning
death effects
mild-affecting spells and abilities
critical hits
non-lethal damage
ability drain
ability damage [physical scores only]
things that require fort saves [unless they affect objects or it is harmless]
No Con score
Cannot be raised, reincarnated, resurrected, true resurrected.

But, I pretty much can't die. No matter how far negative I go, I can theoretically still be put back together.

Now, with that in mind, I have decided to put together my 'dailies' as it were. I've never had a caster this powerful, so I'm kind of new at this type of thing.

Caster-Relevant info:
Caster Level 23 (Practiced Spellcaster, Ring of Arcane Might, Orange Prism Ioun Stone)
Int 32
Vatic Gaze feat (perm detect magic)

Here's my Daily so far (Hr/CL is great at CL23):
Familiar Pocket
Chain of Eyes (on Effigy)
False Life (with no Con score, hit points are hard to come by)
Enhance Familiar
Fortify Familiar
Heart of Air
Heart of Earth
Heart of Fire
Heart of Water
Prying Eyes
Anticipate Teleportation, Greater
Mind Blank
Moment of Prescience
Imbue Familiar with Spells:
- Nerveskitter
- Benign Transposition
- Repair Serious Damage x2
- Repair Critical Damage
- Celerity
- Teleport

Things I know I need to add:
- Spell Haven (5th level spell stored in Dragonmark, usable as immediate action)
- Contingency
- Instant Refuge

Any ideas? Also, keep in mind that I like this group and don't want to go all OP on them. I just want to make sure I help as much as I can.

Thanks

Wacky89
2015-04-17, 11:48 AM
If you're not a undead by type having no con score would kill you ?

soapdude
2015-04-17, 12:03 PM
Wacky89
Re: Help a 21st level caster prepare for the day!

By the book I suppose. I have a homebrew Template that did it. That should suffice.

Anyone with actual input?

Wacky89
2015-04-17, 12:09 PM
Dragonsight is another great hour/level buff - Gives you Darkvision 230ft, Blindsense 115ft. + some other stuff

Depending on the power level of your campaign the rest is quite hard to give advice on.

soapdude
2015-04-17, 12:21 PM
Dragonsight is another great hour/level buff - Gives you Darkvision 230ft, Blindsense 115ft. + some other stuff

Depending on the power level of your campaign the rest is quite hard to give advice on.

Ooh. Dragonsight is pretty sweet.

I guess our campaign is pretty high powered, but with low optimization for the most part. We commandeered a flying castle from a bunch of storm giants (actually, they abandoned it) and we've saved the whole of the universe once or twice now. On our way to the Demon Wastes for more fun times.

We also have a loose end of an Intelligence from the far realms trying to take over Eberron to get the notice of the gods so that they come back.. so it can eat the gods. So, we're trying to stop that from happening as well.

Wacky89
2015-04-17, 12:42 PM
Metamagic Rod Chaining up to 6th level spells

pick up reach spell feat

Cast Magic Vestment & Magic Weapon on every1's armor and weapon so they can focus on actual effects on their armor and weapons

atemu1234
2015-04-17, 01:33 PM
I'm disappointed that this is not a thread about an engaged epic wizard planning for his/her wedding. That's it, I'm making that a thread.

Hiro Quester
2015-04-17, 03:09 PM
That's a good list of protections. My previous character got to 21 level as a Bard/Sublime chord before we finished the adventure. I was casting "Veil of Undeath" in addition to my usually array of protections and buffs to get similarly protected. Here's the conversation I started (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?358399-How-can-they-nerf-me-Let-me-count-the-ways) about protections that character has running.

You really need to protect against Greater Dispel Magic and similar dispel attacks.

Options:

Spellblade weapon (makes you immune to a particular spell, also enables you to target that spell back at the caster).
Ring of counterspells with Greater Dispel Magic
Ring of spell turning. Also protects against magic targeted at you. Expensive.
Ring of Spell Battle (know about all casting within 60 feet, and can counter any spellcasting you detect.)

Also, make sure you have a good contingency spell set.

A scroll of instant refuge can (permanently) specify a set of conditions that will teleport you to your "happy place" (make an arrangement with a temple or church --e.g. pay a retainer-- so that if you or your disintegrated remains appears there, they will heal/repair/ressurect you --or whatever applies to undead).

soapdude
2015-04-17, 05:31 PM
Now here's a question. Can you have a Contingency or Instant Refuge that triggers by being targeted by a dispel?

Necroticplague
2015-04-17, 05:39 PM

No. Having CON 0 kills you. Con 0 and Con - are different. Con as a nonability(Con -/not having a CON score) means you're not alive, but it doesn't mean you're dead (and as Deathless, Constructs, and Undead prove, there's plenty of wiggle room to exist in).

Now, back to the main topic: How about Persistent Beastland Ferocity? Since you can be knocked into the negatives and not die, Beastland Ferocity so you can keep fighting while in such a state seems like it would be useful.

soapdude
2015-04-17, 05:48 PM
No. Having CON 0 kills you. Con 0 and Con - are different. Con as a nonability(Con -/not having a CON score) means you're not alive, but it doesn't mean you're dead (and as Deathless, Constructs, and Undead prove, there's plenty of wiggle room to exist in).

Now, back to the main topic: How about Persistent Beastland Ferocity? Since you can be knocked into the negatives and not die, Beastland Ferocity so you can keep fighting while in such a state seems like it would be useful.

Very good idea, but Druid in the party doesn't have Persistent Spell.

These are going to have to be things I can do for myself.