PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Elavaster (IC)

LegendaryKnight
2015-04-17, 02:16 PM
After traveling many miles on many separate journeys or quests. Be it riches or a name. A kingdom or a title. You have ended up it Elavaster. The city of water. The city of hope. This city will change but will you along your journey?

In the city of Elavaster water is everywhere. In the trees. In the earth. In the air...

As you noticed when you enter. Waterfalls flowing up into the clouds. Spinning disks of water floating in the air generating a faint light blue light. Water arches. Currents in the air. Water is surrounding the city flowing the city. Living in the city. In the town square a new such unveiling of water is being introduced. An elderly elf clearly almost reaching the end of his time is sitting on a orb of water floating in the air with big white drapes in the air behind him patiently awaiting his time to unveil his latest creation with a proud smile upon his face. A big crowd of elves and dwarfs alike are there eagerly awaiting what he will show. The crowd seems torn between the elderly elf and another far younger elf. The younger elf is surrounded by a dozen of so elves encased in very ceremonial armor. The elf himself in wearing very expensive and elegant clothing. Clearly not just some random noble.

Tell me what your characters are doing.
And i hope you I am being clear to you. :smallbiggrin:

JDL
2015-04-17, 06:18 PM
A human woman bristling with weapons and with a self-sure posture stands in the crowd, sticking out like a sore thumb. Rosetta recently arrived in town, and after planning to spend the day hunting for an employer capable of affording her skills, she found herself in the gathering crowd anticipating this latest item's revelation. She has her arms crossed, glancing back and forth between the venerable elf and the nobleman, and she feels her curiosity rising.

"Now what do you suppose the story is there?" she says, turning her head slightly to address the person next to her.

SparowCrow
2015-04-17, 07:38 PM
A human man stands in the crowd attempting to take in everything at once, his gaze rotated from the elves, to their magnificent city, to the occasional dwarf, and then to the elderly elf. His interest piqued he slowly begins to make his way through the crowd to get a better view

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2015-04-17, 09:19 PM
"hrmp, don't know. Not sure who mister Fancypants is or what his dood-dad will do." Breet offers with a shrug to the human female. He ran his hand across his beard and scratched his ear. "Hopefully it will be something to help with the blight in the forest or a cure for mummy rot" His voice trailed off. He glanced at the waterfall streaming upwards into the sky. "Truely impressive but just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. On second thought, looking at that display over there, I doubt this new thing will be anything helpful." he says doubtfully.

"Feh, Elves" he mutters under his breath.

Kish
2015-04-18, 05:35 PM
Elhad stands apart from the other dwarves, close enough to have a good view as he watches what's going to happen curiously.

JDL
2015-04-18, 10:12 PM
Rosetta gives Breet an appraising look, her eyes running up and down the dwarf and deciding she likes what she sees. He's got several weapons on display, though nowhere near the same amount as Rosetta, and his surly scowl and contempt for the current crowd of gawkers sits well with her personality. She suspects he'd be far more of an asset in a fight than most of these pretty dandies in the mob surrounding them.

"True, master dwarf, and like as not to be as outlandishly pointless as the majority of the magics on display. Give me a spell that fills my enemy's lungs with water. Give me an incantation that will make their blood boil in their veins. I'd even settle for a ring that lets me piss fire-whiskey. Yet here all I see is a giant entertainment park, water-slides and wave pools for paddling your feet in. Profitable no doubt, but pointlessly frivolous and a waste of time and effort better spent if you ask me. Still, if these elves have coin enough to squander on such matters, I'll happily exchange my skills for their gold. You've not come across any seeking a human skilled in the ways of combat, have you?"

Drakeburn
2015-04-19, 12:12 AM
A teenage human male has just arrived at the city, towering over 6 feet tall. His days of wandering has led him here, to a city of water. He couldn't help but to stare in awe at the wonders this city had to hold. He has never seen anything like this before.

As he walked into the city, he noticed a crowd had gathered for something. Curious, he decides to join and see what is so interesting to gather such an audience.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2015-04-19, 12:46 AM
Breet chuckles. "Fire-whiskey Heh! No I have not heard of any work available. Though true be told I've not been keeping an ear out for that sort of thing. Perhaps I should.."

His brow creases in serious concern. "I think you may have ruined fire-whiskey for me, I'll likely never be able to drink it again." he says mournfully

JDL
2015-04-19, 01:13 AM
"Tell you what, friend. In penance for my poor choice of words, I'll buy you a flagon of ale in compensation. As soon as I get my first payday, that is," says Rosetta, smiling and extending her hand to Breet in companionable friendship. "My name's Rosetta Stone."

LegendaryKnight
2015-04-19, 12:11 PM
As it started to quite down the elderly elf smile grew even wider and with a clap of his hands the white curtains behind him flew high into the air revealing a shocking site? People with limbs that have fallen off of, deformities, bad infections, and even some that looks like they are dead.

Horrified some people in the crowd screamed and fainted at the gruesome site that just opened up before them. And anyone with keen site would see ten heavily armed men standing on top of the rooftops seeing if there was trouble.

The elderly elf on the stage raised his clasped hands up into the air and his lips moved but no one should have heard what he said but his voice got amplified somehow. Maybe by magic. He said "Do not be alarmed my fair people what you soon will realize this is not a gruesome or horrible site. But it's a site of rebirth. A site of hope. A site that will change this world to its very core. Now if you will let me." The old Elf pulled out a bag form his back revealing a ball no bigger than a small Apple. But it shined a brilliant crystal blue light with a warming effect. "Bring the first patient forward."

The first patient was no more than a female child even in human standards she was young for an elf. But her legs were deformed as she was carried onto the stage by a worried more older male elf. The old man whispered something in her ear. She nodded. Looking at the crowd she said in a very meek and weak voice as the crowd quieted down saying. "My name is Lilyana. I am not able to walk ever since I was born because my legs were like this but my daddy always said I would be able to walk someday.

The old elf spoke "Now that time has come child. The child eyes started to water at those words as the old man placed the ball of brilliant blue onto her thin chest. The orb fading into her chest dulled. Then suddenly her body arched in a violently angle as she was lifted into the air glowing the blue that the orb did. In lasted no more than five seconds but seemed much longer. The old man walked up to her and said a single word. "Walk.

Surprised Lilyana looked at her legs they were staight now even the least bit deformed. She cried. The stood and ran into her crying fathers arms. He tried picking her up to carry her off the stage but she shakes her head. Grabbing his hand they walked off the stage. The next person came with a missing arm. The orb being placed into his chest raised him did the same violent arc but when he came back down his arm was there. It was good as new. One by one people with different deformities or injuries came up and each one of them did the same thing. Even the ones that looked like they were dead. Leaving the old elf on the stage last. Turning to the crowd he said "Now you see the power of the Alyais Stone but there is one more effect" smiling he brought another out of his bag and put it onto his chest. Doing the same violent arch. But now he was gone and in his placed was a tall and young male elf with a strangely familiar smile.

Yes. It can even turn the old back into the young. This is the one of the last powers of the Alyais Stone.

Drakeburn
2015-04-19, 04:03 PM
Baldric was speechless. He has heard tales of magic before, but he had never heard or seen such a feat of magic before. Until now that is.
Half of him was fascinated by such a sight, and at the same time, he was also uneasy with it. He was superstitious about the strange ways of the arcane arts, like the people of his tribe. As grand and amazing as it may appear, he kept wary of it. Even with an object that grants healing and youth.

Kish
2015-04-19, 05:13 PM
Elhad stares in fascination.

JDL
2015-04-19, 06:40 PM
Rosetta licked her lips, watching the show with glee. Here was something that was damned well worth the time spent making it. That old fool had just declared himself a target of every two-bit crime lord and politician (not that she thought there was much difference between the two), and she didn't fail to notice the heavily armed men standing on the rooftops nearby. For his sake, she hoped the elf was the one employing them, otherwise this would get ugly real fast.

"Hey! I've got a question for you!" Rosetta shouts, pushing her way through the crowd and moving up to the now young elf at the centre of attention. Rosetta kept her hands visibly empty to make sure none of the guards would think she's about to pull a trick. "You've just shown us you can heal any injury, make the old young again, and even bring back the dead. What you haven't said is what you plan to do with this doodad of yours now. Are you gonna make more of them? Do you realise what this rock of yours means? Any army with a few of these becomes unstoppable. Nations will go to war to stop others from having this power. The world will be separated into the immortals that control one of these rocks, and the mortals that serve as their slaves. Or if you say that nobody can create more of them, that only you can control this power, that means you've just become the single most important target for anyone with enough hired muscle to try taking you down and grabbing you by the stones."

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2015-04-20, 01:52 AM
After he introduces himself to Rosetta, Breet was stunned by the display. "what the ..." was all he could manage with his mouth wide open. "It must be an illusion or a trick" he asserts.

Drakeburn
2015-04-20, 03:10 PM
Baldric's attention turned to the woman who shouted questions for the elf who regained his youth. While he doesn't understand magic, he knows that such an object of immense power can cause conflict. It can only bring as much tragedy as it brings miracles.

But how is this any of his concern? He is but a stranger in a strange land. Baldric has been raised to be a fighter and a survivor, why would he want to fight somebody else's battles?

SparowCrow
2015-04-20, 03:19 PM
Gavin stares in Fascination at the now young elf

LegendaryKnight
2015-04-21, 02:04 PM
The now young elf looks at the human that approached him. He smiled "Dont you worry. These wouldn't work well in terms of military support because the cost of making one is high and the Stone can only be used once. Unless you have more than a couple it won't do any good. But what I'm planning on doing with them is giving the Taistians some of the stones every year to keep protecting our city of elves. And to answer your question yes I am the only one who can make them but I think I am capable of handling myself if it comes to that. he said with a sly grin. You heard a few elves laugh at the last part. Saying something about him possessing strong magic.

In a flash of movement you see one of the men on the roof knock and arrow in his bow releasing it towards the noble surrounded by the 20 even guards. Stopping five feet in front of him as if it hit something. If looking more at the spot you see blood dripping down from the arrow and suddenly a man appeared with the same arrow launched into his back. The other heavily armed humans jumped of the five story buildings as they landed on the ground rolling to stand up fifty other men appeared all charging at the noble in the crowd you heard "There attacking the prince!" The ten human Taistians quickly engaged the enemy swords flashing as the attacked but clearly the enemy was well trained an mange to block of few swings. But within seconds over half was dead.

The elves guarding the prince released a deadly group of arrows slaying a dozen more. Leaving only a handle left. On the stage though...the now young elf face was paled. As he looked up into the sky.

If anyone happened to be looking there you would notice that there was something in black cloth that was flowing separate from the wind. He moved his hands then...the wall falls started to fall. The human soldiers quickly vanished into the air again but the Taistians takes out another 5 before they escape.

The young elf seeing over the thousand foot wide waterfall that reached to the cloud fall. Expression changed looking into the panicked crowd he face looked as if he was content with his life. Spreading his hands wide the water above him stopped. He was already breathing terrible hard. But he slowly started closing his hands with that movement the massive waterfall kept getting smaller and darker. From a thousand it became a five up hundred then a hundred then ten until it was the size of a black ball the size of a grape. His face still covered with sweet he said in a struggled voice "E-evacuated the city... I can't hold this for much longer." As he said that it expanded to the size of a building. Struggling he made it back into a small ball "FLEE NOW!!!!" He shouted.

People in the crowd started to run panicked trampling over each other. Screaming on top of their lungs. The black cloth figure was still in the sky muttering something under his voice a portal opened up in the ground and demons started to pour out. The ten Taistians rushed to fight them. Clashing with the demons a Taistian fell with every ten that they killed. the demons began to move at the younger elf trying to hold all the water back and then the 20 elves guarding the prince appeared before him fire quick volleys into the demons.

"Everyone flee to Taistian my people will grant you protection their." Said a man leading another fifty Taistians to the battlefield.

What do you do?

Kish
2015-04-21, 03:06 PM
Elhad looks to see who needs the most urgent help with evacuating. He runs to that person's side. "Someone kill the bagronk in the black cloak!" he shouts.

SparowCrow
2015-04-24, 02:23 PM
Gavin loads his crossbow than fires it at the figure in black [roll0] [roll1]

JDL
2015-04-24, 07:53 PM
Rosetta draws her bow, also firing an arrow at the black figure floating above the ground.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2015-04-26, 06:45 AM
Breet follows Rosetta lead and draws his own bow. He lines up his shot the best in can in the chaos.

"I doubt we will live to regret this.." he says as calmly as he can.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage : [roll1]

LegendaryKnight
2015-04-26, 06:30 PM
All the arrows fall short of the black figure he turns and looks at you. One by one. You feel a cold chill down your spine.

Roll will saves.

JDL
2015-04-26, 06:45 PM
Rosetta takes one last second to flip the bird at the black cloaked figure before her mind descends into the gibbering heebie-jeebies, and she bolts as fast as her legs can carry her.

Will Save:
[roll0]

SparowCrow
2015-04-27, 03:16 PM
Gavin's mind descends into irrational fear and he flees behind Rosetta

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2015-04-28, 03:16 AM
Breet drops the next arrow he was trying to nock. His hands trembled at the terrible sight. "R - R - Run - its hopeless!" he shouts.

He turns around and suddenly shape changes into a large brown wolf. He runs as fast as he can, over taking Rosetta. "woof!"

TelinArtho
2015-04-28, 07:57 AM
Expecting to arrive to a city of wonder and to see things that stonework could only dream to hope to achieve, Ankur instead found himself in the middle of a virtual deluge of confusion and fear.

What's going on? he thought, though the words also escaped his lips. Not wanting to be trampled, he moved away from the crowd and on a tangent to hopefully get to a safer place to observe. Once there, he could see the turmoil in the form of the cloaked figure.

Will [roll0]
Barring a natural 20, I'll fail that...

Ankur found his vantage spot has only confirmed that fear and panic was the right course of action. Doing his best to stay out of the main thoroughfares, Ankur just knew he needed to get away. After a few blocks, seeing that his retreat has blocked sight of the rest of the turmoil, Ankur finally settles down to catch his breath.

LegendaryKnight
2015-04-28, 09:52 AM
Everyone running away in panic and helping the civilians escape end about to miles of the now burning city. Then you see a giant burst of water destroying all the buildings. (100 miles wide by 50 miles in the air roughly.) Leaving a giant lake where the city of Elavaster last stood.

Out of all the elves in the city only a hundred escaped. Some of them are traumatized and some others are muttering gibberish under there breath and rocking back and forth. A mother was crying while someone was trying to comfort her.

Someone was trying to figure out what to do "Where will we go now? The closest city is 50 miles away. What are we going to do?" He says to the crowd. And if anyone is paying close attention to the crowd you see someone sitting far away from the crowd in a robe that could be black. (Dc 15)

what do you do?

TelinArtho
2015-04-28, 12:01 PM
Ankur was not really one to take up the charge and lead people to safety, but maybe that was part of the reason why he was where he was. His home engulfed in an earthquake - this seemed all too similar. Except for the demon part anyway.

My suggestion is you gather what will you have and make the trek. Fifty miles may seem insurmountable, but it may just be what you need to do. Unless you feel you can find a home here anyway. Personally, I wouldn't want to stay near here.

Spot [roll0]

Will edit whether he notices the cloaked form in the distance.

Ankur dusts himself off (even though he is not particularly dusty) and looks about for anyone who might be in need of help.

Kish
2015-04-28, 03:42 PM
"Then we walk fifty miles. Be brave," Elhad shouts. "We can do it."
Everyone within 60 feet of Elhad is affected by his Bolstering Voice stance--except the black-cloaked figure if he sees that figure.
Spot: [roll0]

JDL
2015-04-28, 07:13 PM
"Screw walking!" says Rosetta, drawing her bow. "If this lot walk, they'll probably make two miles per hour. That would put them there in three days. Unless you've got some way of feeding this lot, anyone who can move faster should be scouting for game or mounts. Check with the locals and see if there are any farms nearby. They might have horses or food. Slaughter the livestock if need be."

"But unless any of these people can teleport, we need to get word to the next city as fast as possible, and that's me. I can make the trip in about 16 hours if I don't collapse. Otherwise I'll keep running until I drop. I should make it there by this time tomorrow. I need someone here to draw me a map showing the fastest route, and I'll need any kind of healing you can spare. Potions, scrolls, wands, anything that will stop me falling unconscious from fatigue. Lastly I'll need someone to give me the name of who I should speak with when I get there and something to give them a reason to believe me and send out a rescue party."

Questions I need answers to:
1. Can anyone in this group of refugees teleport to the next city?
2. Is there anywhere I can get a mount nearby?
3. Can anyone in this group of refugees give me healing items?
4. Can I get any kind of map showing the best route to the next city, or would my character already know this information?
5. Can I get a name, signet ring, letter or some other proof of identification to give the officials in the next city to make them believe me?
6. What is the name of the next city?

Rosetta's strategy is to move at overland speed for 50 miles. This would require a forced march of 6 hours in addition to the 6 hours of walking and 2 hours of hustling. If possible she will get a mount to speed this up. If not possible she will do it by foot.

TelinArtho
2015-04-28, 08:03 PM
Ankur scratches his head at the barker looking for all manner of equipment from a group that have admittedly just lost their homes and livelihoods due to some unknown cause. He shook his head.

I implore you, being so loud and boisterous is not what these kind folk need I would suppose. Truly it might take a few days time and it might be of benefit to send an advance party to warn the city, but to yell out all these things in their hour of terror is probably not the best solution.

If you are interested in being the advance notice to the city, I am all for that. I for one will be helping out where I can among them. We should find who else is able bodied and perhaps not of the Elavaster as well (who hasn't just lost everything) and would be willing to help keep sanity among these troubled people.

JDL
2015-04-28, 08:35 PM
"If you don't want to scare these people further," said Rosetta, lowering her voice to speak to Ankur, "then you'd be wise to help me reach the next city as quickly as possible. We've got a fellow who can destroy a city and open portals to the lower planes running around out there and nobody ready to stop him. What happens if we get to the next city and he's been there first? I might be the first to figure this out but I won't be the only one to make the connection. Right now these people need to believe that help is just a few days away. We need to get there and warn that city to raise the alarm and pull out everything they've got to stop this guy. Now I don't know much about magic, but I'm betting that whatever it was he did, he probably can't do it again without time to prepare. If we can get there before he can gather enough power to do pull the same trick again, we have a fighting chance of getting these refugees somewhere that isn't a smoking ruin."

SparowCrow
2015-04-28, 09:22 PM
As Gavin recovers from his fear and heads towards the gathering refugees his Psi crystal telepathically tells him "There is a cloaked man watching us, we must proceed with caution", Nodding to himself he briefly glances back to confirm it's observation and responds telepathically "Keep an eye on him, I'll tell the others" Gavin approaches the arguing dwarf and woman "We're being watched"

LegendaryKnight
2015-04-28, 10:31 PM
A familiar Elf walks up with a small child holding onto his side. It's the man who's daughter legs where healed a few hours ago. He says "I don't know about magic but before I had to take care of my daughter I used to run messages back and forth between cities. They called me Light foot some 10 years ago. I'm a little out of shape now but I can still make a trip like that in maybe a day and a half. But my only condition is that you watch my daughter. She is the only thing I have left in this world now."

A few of the elves start comforting each other clearly still frightened but they are getting less panicked now that a plan is coming together. The cloaked man looked like he was about to say something then quickly sat back down again trying not to be noticed.

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2015-04-28, 11:46 PM
Breet finishes collecting his wits. "I could probably make it there in about one day flat. I suspect I'm the fastest around - though its unlikely I'm going to be able to rustle up any help - I don't think anyone knows me there. " Breet states calmly. "I might make a better guide and hunter moving with the group" he suggests. He digs into his pack and pulls out about 6 days worth of food for one person and starts distributing it to the children and elderly so they could keep up their strength.

"It might also be wise for us more capable people to stick together regardless of speed. Do we need to deal with the man in black first ? "

JDL
2015-04-29, 12:11 AM
Rosetta stares in astonishment at Lightfoot as he offers his child into her care.

"Perhaps you have the wrong idea sir. I'm a mercenary, not a wet-nurse," she says, pointing to the half-dozen weapons she has bristling from her side. "I kill people for coin. I'm a foreigner. I'm not even the same race as you! I live a violent, dangerous life and I will probably die screaming, choking on my own blood. I am precisely the last person you should be trusting to care for a child. Unless you wish for your child to witness her guardian opening a man from crotch to throat, you'll find someone, anyone, better suited to looking after your daughter."

Rosetta then marches over to the cloaked figure as Breet points him out, laying a gauntleted hand on his shoulder. "You there, take off the cloak. Are you sick, injured? If not, there are children and elderly here that need it more than you. The night will be cold outdoors and the warmth that provides could mean the difference between living and dying."

TelinArtho
2015-04-29, 06:21 AM
Ankur kept his voice calm and level. Reasonable to the last.

However, Lightfoot is someone who knows people. Presumably he would be a better candidate for leading ahead and getting noticed than a mercenary. And please, watch your language around the child, can't you see you are scaring her?

Turning to Lightfoot, Ankur continued.

That all said, if we protect the larger group, I would have no problem sparing an extra eye for your young'in. She might find more comfort with her own though, especially if we were to meet trouble along the way. Are there any among the survivors who are familiar to you?

At the news of being watched, Ankur nods solemnly, but takes no action since Rosetta seems more than capable of stirring up trouble on her own.

Kish
2015-04-29, 07:40 AM
Elhad opens his mouth, but then, as Rosetta marches over to the cloaked man, all Elhad says to Lightfoot is "I'll be right back." He hurries to the cloaked figure as well, standing opposite Rosetta.

LegendaryKnight
2015-04-29, 09:43 AM
The elf known as lightfoot looks at Rosetta and says " I thought you were a Taistian. Because of all your gear that's why I would have been comfortable leaving her here." To Ankur he says "Thank you. But among these survivors none of them are friends or even friendly with me. Even since my daughter was born with her legs they thought my family was cursed and that they would get cursed if they came near her."

The man with the cloak stiffened at Rosetta's commands and then you see him stand up angered "What commoner dares to address me in such an inform and rude manor! I don't care if a few people die I am not giving up my cloak. Don't you know who I am!?!" In his angry shouted the hood of the cloak fell back revealing that he wasn't a man just yet but still close to a child. He was the same Elven prince that was watching the miracle that was happening in the city plaza.

Kish
2015-04-29, 09:48 AM
Seeing that the cloaked figure isn't the evil spellcaster, Elhad turns and walks back to Lightfoot.

"Recent events have reminded me not to make promises on events I can't control," he tells Lightfoot. "I could do nothing to stop Elavaster's destruction. If the monster who destroyed it comes back and deliberately sets out to kill any one of us out of spite, I may not be able to stop it. But I swear that your daughter will come to no harm if I can prevent it."

TelinArtho
2015-04-30, 07:13 AM
Ankur looks upon the prince's outburst with pity. Thinking that the prince will earn himself no friends among the survivors, Ankur turns back to Lightfoot.

So it is up to you then, if you are willing to leave your child in the care of strangers in order to hasten yourself to the city, that would be acceptable. That said, with her new legs, maybe she would enjoy some time running too. Don't fool yourself into forgetting that it will likely be a dangerous journey for you out there.

The rest of us can lead these people toward the city and hopefully make some headway.

Turning to the crowd of the survivors, Ankur hopes his voice will carry over.

How many of you are able-bodied enough to defend yourselves and others? Does anyone have anything that can be used for protection of the group? Weapons or otherwise?

Turning back to the others, Ankur continues:

We should plan on foraging as best we can along the way. I wouldn't know what would be edible along the way, but maybe one of you know better? We can probably arm a few of these people with sticks and rocks if nothing else is available anyway.

LegendaryKnight
2015-04-30, 12:19 PM
Lightfoot says to Elhad "Nor can I if i am running down the road but she has a better chance moving with you. But i believe you and will intrust you with her." Turning to Ankur he says "I would bring her with me but her legs aren't strong enough yet. Her muscles are not developed to her years yet. And as for the fool part." He smiles "I was running more dangerous roads then this before in my journeys between cities. Even in my condition I should be able to defend myself." He walks up to his daughter and whispers somethings into her ear. She holds him tight saying she doesnt want him to go. He kisses her once on the head saying he will back soon. Walking to the road leading to the nearest city he does some simple stretches now looking impressive or helpful at all. But then he grabs a knife he has underneath his shirt and cuts his pants high up his leg so it wont hinder him. They are large and very strong looking legs well defined even for someone that hasn't ran in years.Dropping to a sprinter position and leaving then knife behind. He sprints. A few seconds his gone. Almost out of site now done the road. A few more seconds completely gone from sight.

A few men step up to Ankur but they look like city folk and not well built. One is even a child puffing out his chest trying to look tough. But clearly his brain is quick because he already is holding the knife that Lightfoot left on the ground. You also see the prince flash an arrogant grin as he opens up his cloak so you see two swords on his belt. One of the swords is a very elegant sword with jewels in the hilt and scabbard making it clear it was very expensive. The other was shockingly plain. A dull leather scabbard and a wooden hilt. That doesn't seem nearly suited to a prince at all.

TelinArtho
2015-05-01, 08:33 AM
Alright then, let's set off. You two - head to the other side of our caravan and watch for trouble. Everyone needs to stay vigilant, and pick up any rocks or good sticks along the way. Anything you can use to defend yourselves or the others around you.

Turning to the Prince, Ankur spoke as cordially as he knew how.

Your highness, I am happy to see you with some weapons. Since you have a spare, it might be better for us all, including you, to share it with one of these able-bodied people. It would be returned upon our successful journey to the city, but I am not going to demand you part with it.

Turning to one of the others who have stepped forward, Ankur offered his dagger.

You sir, I am sorry this is not more impressive, but it is one of two items I travel with for protection. The other is my crossbow and I am a fair better shot with that then I am in hand-to-hand with the dagger. Hopefully it will help.

Ankur looked to the others around him and nodded. He wasn't sure they would succeed in getting to safety, but at least he was doing what he could.

Kish
2015-05-02, 02:47 PM
Elhad moves to an unguarded side of the caravan and prepares to move with the others.

SparowCrow
2015-05-02, 05:04 PM
Gavin reloads his crossbow and waits for the others to be ready to leave

JDL
2015-05-02, 07:00 PM
"Prince, eh?" says Rosetta, the wheels turning in her head. "Don't see any of your bodyguard around. So you know, I'm for hire if you need protection. The road's a long and dangerous journey, and you can't watch your back when you're asleep. My standard rate's 100 gold pieces per day of regular guard duty, 1,000 gold pieces each day that I see combat. I'm happy to waive my standard retainer given the circumstances provided you're giving your word to have my pay provided in hard coin within the next two weeks."

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2015-05-03, 01:55 PM
Breet chuckles as Rosetta lays out her payment plans and services. "We should really get moving." he says finally. He positions himself near Elhad and prepares to move out when everyone is ready.