PDA

View Full Version : Beware the unarmed hobbies.

Wojiz
2007-04-15, 10:58 AM
I count at least 50 hobgoblins in the last picture of 439.

I also count 6 swords.

Clearly, Belkar was assaulted by a mass of unarmed hobgoblins. Xykon must be taking all of their weaponry, melting it down and creating some kind of giant robot with which to attack Azure City, as there's no explanation as to why 1 or 2 in every 10 hobgoblins is actually armed with a weapon, besides a few stray archers firing an arrow or two.

I propose research. For science.

MReav
2007-04-15, 11:14 AM
Naw, the swords disappear as the Hobbo dies. Either that, or Belkar is looting the bodies as he is killing them.

Or we can apply Occam's Razor, and assume the Giant just didn't put them there because they were a distraction to the big pile of corpses.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-15, 11:37 AM
Somewhere in the world there is a wizard with a strange fetish for Hobgoblin's swords. Whenever a hobbo dies he'll use a spell to summon their weapons to him for his own strange uses.

NeonRonin
2007-04-15, 12:37 PM
The pile of swords is obscured by the pile of hobgoblin bodies, I'll bet. Belkar must've taken the time to 'sort the wheat from the chaff' as it were. :smallbiggrin:

Mewtarthio
2007-04-15, 12:39 PM
They're Soviet hobgoblins. They march into battle unarmed and pick up the weapons of their fallen comrades.

Axl_Rose
2007-04-15, 12:50 PM
It'd be hilarious if

some of those clerics came in and turned that mountain of corpses into a mountain of undead. Belkar would thus be, in fact, quite screwed.

Threeshades
2007-04-15, 02:04 PM
It'd be hilarious if

some of those clerics came in and turned that mountain of corpses into a mountain of undead. Belkar would thus be, in fact, quite screwed.

:belkar: "STAB UNDEAD!"

I think that's all that needs to be said about that.

EvilElitest
2007-04-15, 02:11 PM
I count at least 50 hobgoblins in the last picture of 439.

I also count 6 swords.

Clearly, Belkar was assaulted by a mass of unarmed hobgoblins. Xykon must be taking all of their weaponry, melting it down and creating some kind of giant robot with which to attack Azure City, as there's no explanation as to why 1 or 2 in every 10 hobgoblins is actually armed with a weapon, besides a few stray archers firing an arrow or two.

I propose research. For science.

The hobgoblins stole their idea of group tatics from the movie 300
"Are plan is to simple walk toward the enemy with the inteitnion of letting them stab up until they die of exchaustion, becuase apperently rationial thought is beneath us in this movie"
The hobgoblins took it a step further, and did it with only a few weapons
Or Link's hat took them
from,
EE

Drivort
2007-04-15, 02:28 PM
It'd be hilarious if

It would be funny, though I think it is pretty unreal to happen. The clerics are pretty surely needed on the wall or at the breach with V. But it aint looking good for Belkar too much anyways.

Icewalker
2007-04-15, 02:58 PM
I dunno, I can definitely see that pile reraised. It'd be very funny, suddenly Belkar is drowning in undead...

Gaelbert
2007-04-15, 03:30 PM
Yeah, but it would be incredibly expensive to get ahold of all of the black diamonds needed, and I doubt that Belkar would just stand still and wait for the clerics to raise all of the hobgoblins. Although, from his point of view, he might see it as more things to kill and wait for the clerics to finish before killing everything again. That is unlikely, though.

asland32
2007-04-15, 04:35 PM
Ah c'mon, basic physics - swords are heavier than hobbos and therefore sift to the bottom of the pile. Or...working on the principal of congregate mass - the hobbo bodies pile together and the swords pile together...the same way that the condom island formed in the Pacific. (not kidding, that's real)

Snake-Aes
2007-04-15, 04:41 PM
Yeah, but it would be incredibly expensive to get ahold of all of the black diamonds needed, and I doubt that Belkar would just stand still and wait for the clerics to raise all of the hobgoblins. Although, from his point of view, he might see it as more things to kill and wait for the clerics to finish before killing everything again. That is unlikely, though.It just won't work, Belkar thinks undead are no fun.

Demented
2007-04-15, 05:15 PM
Either that, or Belkar is looting the bodies as he is killing them.

You must be thinking of Haley, not Belkar. :smalltongue:

Erloas
2007-04-15, 05:19 PM
It is the RPG loot syndrom.
Just because the enemy you killed had some great armor and a weapon and a magic item there is no way of knowing what items they will have upon death. That greatsword they were trying to kill you with turns into an axe as soon as you try to take it from the corpse.
So thats what happened to all the swords of the hobgoblins. As they die their loot disappears because the loot was randomly generated as they died.

MReav
2007-04-15, 09:27 PM
You must be thinking of Haley, not Belkar. :smalltongue:

No, Belkar is a firm advocate of the "Kill It And Take Its Stuff" school of adventuring.

jindra34
2007-04-15, 09:51 PM
No, Belkar is a firm advocate of the "Kill It And Take Its Stuff" school of adventuring.

Isn't that the Munchkin school of adveturing?

de-trick
2007-04-15, 10:19 PM
one word monks ok only a little are fighters the other huge amount are monks ok

Ettlesby
2007-04-15, 11:06 PM
They must have used the INVISIBLE swords. They might've stood the chance if they had gone with the visible ones.

Jawajoey
2007-04-16, 02:49 AM
About raising the huge pile of corpses, that would give them a huge pile of zombies. They're all on top of one another, only the ones on the surface could conceivably attack Belkar, and that's assuming that Zombies are agile enough to stand up and walk uphill on a mound of squirming zombies beneath them.

Pile of Zombies = pile of corpses that's jiggling and moaning.

And if clerics were involved, they might as well just directly attack Belkar. His will save must be abysmal. (As long as they don't use Unholy blight =D)

Fawkes
2007-04-16, 10:36 PM

Evidence!!! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0383.html)

PlasticSoldier
2007-04-16, 10:43 PM
STAB UNDEAD :belkar:

:redcloak: bolster undead
:durkon: Turn undead
:mitd: RARGGGGGGGGGGGGGh
:belkar: :durkon: PWNED

To repeat what was said earlier there weapons disapeared

GSFB
2007-04-16, 11:30 PM
Belkar would disembowel the clerics who came on the scene attempting to raise the hobgoblins as undead.

jindra34
2007-04-16, 11:31 PM
Belkar should try weilding those swords... you never know he may get even more lethal.... of course he could also turn into a kinda wimp...

V Junior
2007-04-17, 02:14 AM
0.o

More investigation needed imedeitly. Oh yeah, and there was SOME sceince so... scratch a catgirl.

Demented
2007-04-17, 03:39 AM
Belkar should try weilding those swords... you never know he may get even more lethal.... of course he could also turn into a kinda wimp...

They'd have to be short swords for him to dual wield them.
It actually would let him do 1d4 instead of 1d3 damage, but he couldn't throw them nearly as well. That extra point of damage wouldn't be all that significant anyway; he already kills hobgoblins in one hit.

Selgeron
2007-04-17, 03:42 AM
Wouldn't unarmed hob goblins in fact be MORE dangerous? 50 or so goblins all making unarmed touch attacks to grapple and then pin our small sized halfling, all assiting eachother? That's what massive amounts of troops DO vs incredibly high level opponents. DOGPILE!