PDA

View Full Version : Craft Living Spell?

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-04-15, 11:07 AM
I had an idea. Living spells rock. Why not make a feat that allows you to craft them? Anyone want to help me build this? I was thinking that the max level spell you could create would be half your CL, you can only have one at a time, and it only exists for 1 hour/ Caster level. Alternateivly, it could be a spell. This might work better then the feat, which has a rediuculous amount of potential broken attached to it.

Annarrkkii
2007-04-15, 11:09 AM
Merhk. Bad idea. A party with a self-casting Cure Critical Wounds? Even a living Cure Light Wounds means they'd be able to fully recharge after every battle. Just cast Greater Invisibility on it and have it hang around until the fight's over, then "boop," they're all set...

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-04-15, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I thought of that... but a spell that lets you make a living spell might work. Some limits like making it cast-able 1/day, some sort of XP cost, ect. could make it less broken.

Mewtarthio
2007-04-15, 12:08 PM
Merhk. Bad idea. A party with a self-casting Cure Critical Wounds? Even a living Cure Light Wounds means they'd be able to fully recharge after every battle. Just cast Greater Invisibility on it and have it hang around until the fight's over, then "boop," they're all set...

Cure spells aren't valid targets for Living Spelldom. Only non-targeted, AoE spells are valid. Not even Mass spells work, since they're targetted. You can go beyond that if you wish, but bear in mind that you are violating the rules and the CR calculation won't come out right.

Nahal
2007-04-15, 12:20 PM
Also bear in mind that even if the living spell DID have CLW, it would only heal (CLW-slam damage) hp per attack, and enemies would likely gain a flanking bonus if it was used in combat.

Aximili
2007-04-15, 01:06 PM
make it summonable via Summon monster spells. That should make it interesting^^