PDA

View Full Version : Gaming product interest survey

MattCamara
2015-04-18, 09:45 AM
Good morning ladies, gents (assuming you're on Eastern time),

I'm Matt, and I'm participating in Start-Up Weekend at the University of Massachusetts. My group ended up being a couple engineer-gamers and we're looking into developing a gaming product tentatively called the Infinity Dice.

We're working on validating our idea, so we're reaching out to gamers to see what they think ... would you guys humor us and take the survey?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q8PRZGS

We'd really appreciate it.

Best,

Team Infinity Dice

erikun
2015-04-18, 12:33 PM
Please note that the question "How long have you spent playing tabletop games in the last six months" or something similar had some very strange answers. I regularly get together with a number of people on a bi-weekly basis, generally for 1-2 hours at a time. I've most certainly spent more than 6 hours a month with tabletop games, nevermind the last six months, but with the answers only being 0-2, 2-4, and 4-6, I don't think I was giving a very good answer.

Also, there was no "I would not buy a smartphone tabletop game because I don't have a smartphone" response. :smalltongue:

ramakidin
2015-04-18, 06:19 PM
Definitely need some larger hour options on there. 4 hour sessions every 2 weeks for 6 months is a lot more than 6 hours.

There weren't very many questions though so it didn't take much time.

Remmirath
2015-04-18, 11:29 PM
Done, although there were no options that accurately represented me on many of the questions. I actually have spent more like 150 hours playing tabletop games in the last three months, and even 4-6 would assume only one reasonable length gaming session in a quarter of a year. Most people I know of get together to game at least for a bi-weekly 4-6 hour session, which would be an average of 30 hours in six months. I play an hour or two most nights, which is certainly more than most people, but not as much more as that would look like, since a weekly game with a 4-6 hour session would be averaging in at 60 hours in six months. Even one long session a month would be more than 4-6 hours; likely three times more.

Also, there was no "I would not buy a smartphone tabletop game because I don't have a smartphone" response. :smalltongue:

Heh, yeah, that too.

I do know some people who use dice rolling applications on their smartphones and tablets and such. I can see that some people might be interested, therefore.