PDA

View Full Version : The world of Rett-bon

Kjata
2007-04-15, 05:20 PM
I typed this up, but im at a loss for campaign ideas. So any help would be appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Creation of Rett-bon to the present

The following is a document written fom stories I was told in my childhood by my mentor, Archmage Mesja. While my power of sight is of a child's compared to his, and I cannot see what I am writing about, I have used my power to watch over these stories. I have no proof any of this is real, but Mesja was quite sane and never lied. I cannot convince you of the truth, only inform you.

~Iendal Kjata, 17th Archmage

A swirling mist clouds what is beyond what we percieve to be the beginning of time. A swirling mist exists in the future as well, long before the end of the world and the stars. This mist is a clouding, hiding the past from us and our fatal future.Mesja said something was hiding it from us, to prevent someone from knowing how it began and how it would end. Mesja told me his name was Creator. Creator was father to the gods, Rael'trif, Safier, and Kion. He apparently has made many worlds, with many sons ruling over them, but all befell a great calamity forcing Creator to start over. Now, all of this is speculation, and thus unimportant to you doubters.But Mesja had two theories that may be true. One is Creator is sadistic and creates his worlds so he can watch his people suffer. The other theory is that Destructor, another being so high up that only the most powerful mages can even glimpse it. But fear not, Destructor is weak compared to Creator.

Below Creator is the gods that the average man bleieves created the world-Rael'trif, the God of Light and Magic, Safier, God of Balnce and Life, and Kion, god of Death and Darkness. These gods actually did little creating, spawing only several demigods to make the people to fill Creators world. Rovisk, Daru, and Welik were the sons of Rael'trif. Malaki, Overt, and Lopen were the sons of Safier. Minotaur, Baelsk, and Kifka were the sons of Kion.

Origanally, only Daru and Lopen created races of any worth, the rest beaten into unitelligent creatures that would serve as food for the Satyrs of Daru and Lopen's Centaur. These races ruled the plains for eight hundred years, the Age of Darkness. But after eight hundred years Minotaur found a magic weapon that allowed him to create a second race, an improvement over the cow, his origanal race. The Tauren appeared on the plains ruled by the Satyrs, and Minotaur led his new creatures to victory after victory. It took six Satyrs to overpower a single Tauren. As the powerful Tauren advanced upon the Satyrs home glade, the largest camp the Satyrs had, Daru himself led the largest army of Satyrs ever gathered against the Tauren horde. Minotaur and Daru met in combat, but the brute force of Minotaur combined with his new weapon overpowered Daru. As his blood spilled from his body, the sentience of the Satyrs began to fade. With no god willing to adopt them, and their armies destroyed, they reverted to feral creatures. For the final century of the Age of Darkness, the Tauren ruled half the plains, while the other gods searched for weapons similar to Minotaur's.

Rovisk and Malaki wer the greatest friends of any of the eight remaining gods, and thus they searched together. They discoved a sword and axe, and they created new races. The human, like you and I, and the proud orcs.These races were brothers as they built empires in the muintains to avoid the Centaur and Tauren. The beginiong of these races marked the Bloody Age.

Soon after the humans-orc alliance reached its peak the mountains could provide and ventured into the plains, the Centaur and Tauren went to war. Lopen was a better fighter than Daru, but was unable to save his people. He fled to the mountains with his personnal bodygaurd, where Malaki and Rovisk welcomed him with open arms. The three gods led the human-orc alliance to war against the Tauren in a war that would last the next one hundred years. Lopen begged to lead the charge against Minotaur's temple, feeling the need to avenge his people.Malaki and Rovisk agreed, standing back to prevent Minotaur from running. But they were unaware of the power Minotaur posessed, having never fought him. Soon after Lopen entered the temple, Minotaur sttepped out and threw Lopen's head at Malaki. He then charged Malaki, who stepped by and let Minotaur escape knowing by himself he could not slay Minotaur.

After Lopen's death, Baelsk saw the worth of Minotaur, and began frantically searching so he could aid him. Three months after Lepon's death, a gauntlet was discovered by Baelsk. He created the dragon, while few in number had immense power. Baelsk had his dragons carry Tauren into the mountains, past the armies, to the villages. The brutally strong tauren only needed five or six to flatten an average human village, and eight or nine to raze an orc settlement. Thousands of innocents died before Malaki and Rovisk even knew of the slaughter. They then knew it was time to take the fight to Minotaur.

One thousand families of each race were hidden deep in the mountain, as the future of the grand races. Every human or orc that could swing a weapon were recruited regardless of age or any other factor. A brutal campaign on Minotaur's temple was launched, and within a year it was under siege. The siege lasted several years, countless soldiers fell, and the food supplies ran low. Minotaur led his Tauren horde into the field in an attempt to break through, and for nine hours the battle raged. Malaki and Rovisk led their elite soldiers in an attampt to kill Minotaur, for once the god dies the race becomes feral.

The death of Lopen and Daru, plus Malaki's earlier surrender, caused Rovisk to dread combat with Minotaur. Malaki had no reserves against fighting. He was injured terribly, to the point where he could no longer fight. Rovisk struck the finishing blow on Minotaur seconds before Minotaur crushed the fallen Malaki. As the pair watched their people destroy the Tauren armies Malaki knew that one day his people would share that fate without him. So instead of returning broken to his people, he used his soul to give them a gift, the blood haze. When the orcs were in battle, the haze would overtake them, making them feirce. The haze would also clear their mind while peace was in the air, keeping them sane. With the death of the Tauren marked the end of the Bloody Age.

The human and orcs eventually returned to power, and Welik, Overt, and Kifka continued the search. Overt was the first to discover a new weapon, a sword with a small blade extended from the hilt. It could detach and be used as a dagger. The most unique of the weapons found, instead of creating one race, he could create 2. One of the races was big, great creatures that could crush a man with one swing of their claws, and the other were fairly small, dimunitive creatures that were sneaky and in tune with magic. The small creatures, called Gnomes, hold the larger race, the Griffons, in great revere. The Griffons form the councils that govern over the Gnomish nations along with the Gnomish Council and King, forming a three part government. The Gnomes wished to remain out of the battles against the Tauren, and hired the orcs to defend their lands. The Gnomes led research of magic, and in time learned to summon creatures to fight for them. They broke into a small realm with slender creatures that that used speed and strength to overpower their enemies. Lack of magic made the Gnomish invasion easy, and the fair humanoids called Elves were enslaved and made footsoldiers for the Gnomish Empire. These agile and tough warriors have broken spirits, will fight to the end and never give an inch. Ironicly, if they had the spirit to rebel, they would eradicate the Gnomes and their Griffons, such have their numbers grown. Occasionally, an elf will be adopted by a Gnome family. This elf will later become an Honour Gaurd or a Warlord, serving as the highest ranked military level in all of the Gnomish Empire.

Where the other gods suceeded, Kifka failed. He found a gauntlet exactly like Baelsk, so went to his brother for help. Baelsk assaulted him and stole the Gauntlet, keeping it as his own. Using the power of two weapons, he created the Drakes. The Drakes where humanoid dragons, retained all the dragons strength but gained agility, intelligence, and magical power. Within weeks after the Drakes appeared, they waged war on the humans. Nothing could stop these killing machines, each Drake killing nine or ten humans. Kifka was made a general in the Drakish army, and had undying loyalty, hero worship even, of his older brother Baelsk.

The Drakes had one flaw within them, however. Undyingly loyal to Baelsk, they resented Kifka and his planning, and conspired to overthrow him. As they assaulted Kifka, the undefended and unarmed god could not resist them. He fled to the human lands and Rovisk with all the Drakish plans, thinking Baelsk had ordered this. The Drakes told Baelsk humans had attacked and Rovisk had killed Kifka. Unknowing of Kifka's betrayal, he continued his campaign, and was driven back. No more battles were fought bewtween the Drakes and humans, the Drakes fell back to the dying lands, a land devoid of nutrients. There they were forgotten.

Welik was the last to find a weapon, a trident on a small island in the middle of Raida Lake. He created a race as much at home on land as underwater. Raida Lake was their domain, and noone could take it. Welik and his race are isolated, never having contact with any other race.

Peace barely began before it ended. Man fought orc, orc fought elf, elf fought man. Kifka knew that the orcs could not be reasoned with, and they would eventually destroy all races, themselves included. He knew there had to unsentient life, hostile creatures, other than the Tauren, Centaur, or Satyrs, as they were few and far between. He ventured to the east, by ship with a small force of human knights, and discovered a whip of the same magnitude of the pair of gauntlets controlled by Baelsk on a large island. He created various monsters on the mainland, and the wars stopped. Military might was used to keep monsters in line rather than take ground. Unffortunately, Baelsk learned of Kifka as he did this, and learned he was the reason he was driven back. Kifka's life did not end well, but the whip that could undo the monsters was nowhere to be found.

Nothing much more of interest happened, wars where rare because of the monsters, and those gods who where slain faded away. Even those still alive rarely do anything, being more names to control the public than anything else. Only the orcs know for certain the gods are real, only because Malaki speaks to them in battle. Malaki lives with the orcs in a way humans and gnomes will never know. I am unaware of the Drakes activities, Baelsk is active, shielding the Dying Lands from sight.