PDA

View Full Version : Question about Divine feats, that might be stupid, but here goes anyways

Max Caysey
2015-04-19, 11:48 AM
Hello guys...

I was thinking whether or not if you had more than one divine feat, that they all activated when or if a use of turn/rebuke undead was used? For instance would both Divine Resistance (http://dndtools.pw/feats/complete-warrior--61/divine-resistance--664/) and Divine Cleansing (http://dndtools.pw/feats/complete-warrior--61/divine-cleansing--651/) activate if the caster cleric used a single use of turn undead?

It kind of would make sense, that you could stack more and more effects on the turn, but I could also see some optimization/abuse, but to me its not clear.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-04-19, 12:06 PM
No. Just because multiple abilities have the same cost to activate (a use of turn undead) does not mean that every single one of them activates as though paid for whenever you spend one of those. That's like walking into a Everything's-A-Dollar store, spending $1, and expecting to walk out with the entire store's inventory.

For a rules reference on this, check Complete Divine page 77, the last sentence of the second paragraph under Divine Feats:

Regardless, you may activate
only one divine feat (or use the ability to turn or
rebuke undead once) per round, though overlapping
durations may allow you the benefits of more than
one divine feat at a time.

Max Caysey
2015-04-19, 12:26 PM
No. Just because multiple abilities have the same cost to activate (a use of turn undead) does not mean that every single one of them activates as though paid for whenever you spend one of those. That's like walking into a Everything's-A-Dollar store, spending $1, and expecting to walk out with the entire store's inventory.

For a rules reference on this, check Complete Divine page 77, the last sentence of the second paragraph under Divine Feats:

DAMN....

Thanks for the answer, despite it being not what I wanted to hear. I didnt think it would be possible, but was hoping for some RAW loophole :smallbiggrin: