PDA

View Full Version : Tank Girl

lacesmcawesome
2007-04-15, 06:10 PM
Anybody know where I can read the Tank Girl comics for free. Most sites want me to order them. I'd like to know if there's a website that has all the comics or some of them for people to read.

(because I'm cheap and broke)

Logic
2007-04-22, 02:00 AM
If the sites you have tried thus far require you to order them, then most likely any site that has them for free is illegal. It has to do with a way to secure their intellectual property.

For example, if someone were to release Order of the Stick: On the Origin of PCs or Order of the Stick: Start of Darkness to a free service on a website, I'm quite sure Mr Burlew would be very angry, and bring the full weight of the law, and his awesome legal team down upon them, as they are his intellctual property, and he makes a living off of writing for Order of The Stick. If someone presents it in a free media format, they have undercut Mr. Burlew's(AKA The Giant) ability to pay his bills.

If Mr. Burlew can no longer pay his bills from the profits of The Order of the Stick, then he will have to find an alternative way to pay his bills, thereby reducing his writing for OotS, perhaps even entirely. Now, we don't want Mr. Burlew (or anyone else that makes a living off of writing the stories we love) to do that, now do we?

So, in short...

Don't be a cheapskate. If you love it enough to read it. You love it enough to pay for it. Deal with it.