PDA

View Full Version : [AT LA AU] The Crystal Quest

John Cribati
2015-04-19, 03:48 PM
The people of the Earth Kingdom are diverse and strong. It would have been foolish not to expect their establishments to reflect this property. Even then, the Green Goat-deer, Skyspire's most popular tavern, was considered abnormal in its lack of general rowdiness. Maybe it was the magnificent view of the mountains, or the cool breezes that occasionally blew down from the peaks. Maybe the thinning mountain air made people slightly light-headed and unwilling to start trouble. Or perhaps it was located on some sort of spiritual wellspring of harmony. Whatever the reason, everything just seemed to be in balance here. Disagreements were not uncommon, but very rarely did altercations become physical; more often than not, the old man at the Pai Sho table (a strangely common fixture in various establishments in all four nations) would convince both parties to discuss their differences over a game.

Of course, not everyone was here solely for the atmosphere. Little did anyone know that today, five people, of different ages, stages, and walks of life, would come together.

You are already in the back room of the tavern proper, awaiting the arrival of a messenger from the Southern Water Tribe, who is to bring the Water Tribe's remaining Hami crystal. You don't really know each other, though perhaps one has heard of the other?

Your first journey on a Sky Bison has left you a few dozen meters away from this establishment, which the local waterbending master gave you the name of. Which, besides besides your supplies and a small wooden disk with a flower on it, is all you have to guide you in this strange new continent.

Your individual travels have led you here, and though (or because?) the atmosphere is calm, you are keenly aware of the imbalance a strange, pale young woman is bringing to this place.

Ridai
2015-04-19, 05:15 PM
Bai Lan knows her hometown inside and out, which includes this very tavern. She prefers to mingle in the common room instead of being half locked away in the back, but there's her usual queen-sized tankard of hot cocoa to cheer her up. Her jacket bound around her waist, the tall young woman gives a long, pleased sigh after downing half of it. "Phew, mm-mm! Just what the doctor ordered." Leaning back in her chair, she licks her upper lip to get the bit of cocoa moustache stuck there.

"So! My name is Bai Lan, welcome to our pretty little town of Skyspire, home of gorgeous views, lots of snow and the best mountain garden you'll find anywhere in the Earth Kingdom." One hand still holding the tankard in her lap, the other is extended towards Ju-Long, the athletic earthbender grinning amiably and effortlessly.

AirApparent
2015-04-19, 07:33 PM
A worn-looking man pads barefooted into the tavern, his pack slung over his bare shoulders. Despite the weathered look on his face, the his face seems very friendly, and his eyes betray a profound calmness. Below his unruly beard, a small smile appears at the beauty of shade.
He takes a seat at the bar, motioning to the bartender, "Just some water please." A spirit had suggested he try here for some truly memorable views. From what he could tell, and what the local earthbender seemed to be saying, they were right.
Yon slides over a little to try and enter the conversation. "I've heard wonders about the mountain-top views. Perhaps you could show me to that mountain garden sometime?

cavalieredraghi
2015-04-20, 12:34 AM
A cloaked figure enters the tavern. As he leans heavy on his walking staff. His cloak seems to cover his face and body, as he weakly walks over to the bar. The figure relied heavily on the use of his staff to walk. By the time he reaches the bar, he collapses.

Water... Please. So thirsty.

Xyzzt
2015-04-20, 07:51 AM
Ju-Long smiled at the gentle giant of an earthbender, warm eyes and messy hair clearly showing her country living. This was the opposite of Ba Sing Se! Master Pao was right, the people of Skyspire were really down to earth and wonderful to be around. Gladly accepting the tankard and savoring the cocoa, his lanky frame sprawling across the chair, he smiled at the mountainwoman and said: "Glad to meet you Bai Lan! I'm Ju-Long of the Li clan, just flew in from Ember Island-" *He shivers and takes a big sip of cocoa, smiling deeply* "bless dear Bob, and if even half the stories are true, your gardens would be a wonder to see." *He turns to Yon*

I'm getting... something off this guy. Attuned to life, but not in our Inner Fire way... something different. Whatever it is, all this energy swirling around him - I've never seen anything like it. And this humble woman... so much stronger than she looks. Somehow connected to the earth itself, almost like... a badger mole? Huh. And that old guy sitting there, a fellow member of the White Lotus. This isn't an ordinary gathering, is it?

"A fellow traveler? Hello, come in, come in, if it's alright. Who are you? I'm Ju-Long, and..." That was the moment a strange person walked in the door, and fainted on the spot...

Starbin
2015-04-20, 08:16 AM
Tarruk walked into the Green Goat-deer, still adjusting from his first ride on a Sky Bison. It had been exhilarating and frightening at the same time, but it certainly beat boating and walking from the Southern Water Tribe. With a cleansing breath, he found a table and sat down, looking about. While he wasn't sure exactly what he was supposed to do, he had his directions to come to this place with the small wooden tile in his pocket. He started to look around for anyone that might be able to help him ...

Ridai
2015-04-20, 08:58 AM
(Guess we'll just go with it)

Bai Lan offers a glowing smile in return to Ju-Long. "Pleasure is all mine. Do drink up, 's all yours. Fire folks get hit pretty hard by the cold up here. Not to go all mom mode, but be sure to dress warmly outside, even with firebending. Colds are sneeky fellas and you wouldn't want to trigger avalanches with all the heat. Trust me; experience speaking." If only she got a coin for every hot-shot firebender she had to pull out of the snow at some point. Not that Ju-Long is one of those, oh no. He seems like sensible folk. Good thing, that. "As for our gardens, they're my brother's and my own pride and joy. Made it what it is nowadays with our own hands and bending, together with our mother when she was still with us. Could give you a tour sometime."

Another traveller arrives and Bai Lan fills the contemplative silence between his question and Ju-Long's answer. "Sure can! Good people wanting to stop for the view and to smell the flowers are always welcome. Name's Bai Lan, pleasure to meet you." She extends a hand to the newcomer with a warm smile when suddenly another traveller arrives and promptly collapses. "Oh boy," the following sigh thick with experience. She looks to Yon. "Hey, why don't you grab a seat, kick your feet up. I'll be right back." She adds a friendly slap on the upper arm as she passes.

Rising from her chair to her full 6' 4", Bai Lan heads over to the collapsed guy. "Up you go." She picks him off the ground, placing him on a chair near the fire. Fetching a mug of hot cocoa placed on the bar as an answer to her gesture, she hands it to him. "Goodness. There's so much fresh snow out there you can just melt and drink. No need to die of thirst in the mountains." Having said her piece, with a bit of a stern stare that has drilled her lessons into the heads of hundreds of folks after they got themselves into trouble, Bai Lan quickly softens up again, leaning down to be a bit closer to eye level. "You okay?" She checks his eyes, complexion and a few other signs, doing a quick initial check-up, just to be safe.

(Take 10 on Treatment for a 15 to get a bead on the newcomer's physical status)

AirApparent
2015-04-20, 01:21 PM
As the elderly-looking man collapses, Yon begins to get up, but returns to his stool as Bai-Lam moves into action, appearing much more confident in her abilities than he did in his rudimentary first-aid skills. Seeing the situation being taking care of, he turns to the fire nation man. "A pleasure to meet you, Ju-Long. Ember Island, you say? Ahh, I have to go back there someday. Beautiful beaches, even more beautiful people. Very disciplined town guard, too. They are truly devoted to their job." He massages his shoulder, as if remembering a long-gone bruise.

cavalieredraghi
2015-04-20, 01:30 PM
The cloaked man, took the cup of hot chocolate, and drank it like a hungry animal. Finishing in just a second after receiving the drink, and not spilling a drop. He removed his hood. The one underneath was young 20 or 21 at best. his head was bald, with a bright blue Arrow stopping at his forehead, curving over his head and continue down his spine. He had a big grin over his attractive face, as his staff just seemed to leap back into his hands.

Thanks alot! that was Great. I am fine now. Though, I never though about have the snow to quench my thirst. i think I will remember that for next time. I am Sojourn, So for short. What your name mi'lady.

Ridai
2015-04-20, 04:02 PM
"Guess you ain't from the temple over yonder." She gestures towards the east before the hand returns to its place on her hip. "I'm Bai Lan and since I'm the first here you met standing upright: welcome to the lovely village of Skyspire. I'd tell you about the view, but you folks tend to have a great view during your travels to begin with." Her warm smile is unbroken as she raises a hand, reconsiders for a moment, then points back past her side towards the table with the two other illustrous gentlemen at it. "Feel free to join in our group of strangers while you're warming up. You also want to sit down soon, as in a few seconds, you'll realize that you've burned your mouth from the cocoa and you'll be in a bit of hurt from all the heat you poured into that chilled body of yours." Bai Lan doesn't wait for an answer, bringing So over to the table and placing him on a seat. She herself lets herself fall into another free one, leaning back and stretching her arms over her head and her long legs under the table, her very own version of deliciously getting what little strain remains in her body, like a cat enjoying the sun.

cavalieredraghi
2015-04-21, 12:05 AM
So, is lead taken to his seat, as his face just goes red. By the time he is set down, Steam comes out of his ears and mouth as he slumps down. He just looks down as steam rises from his head. after a few moments of this melodrama, he comes back to reality.

I am actually from the Western Temple. I have visited the Northern Temple a few times during the Spring. I was actually heading there to resupply. Though i figure here in this town will work to.

Xyzzt
2015-04-21, 03:00 PM
Mmm. This cocoa was better than a breath of fire anyday. Smiling deeply as he felt the Sea of Chi surging with warmth, he understood why Pao loved his tea so much. "It's no problem at all, miss Lan. We firebenders say that warmth overflowing is better than any cold! Of course, we can really get carried away, like silly June last year, poor girl almost got buried up in the Northern Air Temple... And thank you, I'd love to see what life you and your brother nurtured here."

And than the airbender collapsed. As the mountainwoman rapidly stood and tended to his wounds with the stance of someone with years of experience, Ju-Long sighed in relief. Really solid people here. Smiling at the fellow traveler, he said: "Mmm, you're truly welcome to drop by Ember Island anytime! I find the beaches especially wonderful when you're burdened by the weight of life, its soft white sands and warm waters lifting all your problems away... And you're welcome to drop by our Academy anytime, fellow traveler. Our people always welcome any kind soul in search of knowledge." *He observes the wanderer sitting before him* "Do you come from around here?"

Ridai
2015-04-21, 03:29 PM
"Appreciating the 'miladies' and 'misses', but just Bai Lan is fine. Or Bai, if you really don't like syllables. We're here to relax, not impress."

As the others chat, she casts a look about the place, wondering when the water tribe messenger will arrive. Spotting someone standing in the middle of the common room, looking ordered and forgotten. "Are you looking for someone?" she asks, looking Tarruk in the eye, quirking an eyebrow.

Starbin
2015-04-21, 03:52 PM
Tarruk turned to look at who spoke and his gaze traveled up and up - he was fairly tall, but this woman towered over him! With a small start, he nodded slightly, his blue eyes staring at her intently. "Yes, I am, but I don't know who. I was told to come here, with this small tile. Maybe you have seen one before?"

Tarruk held up a small wooden tile with a flower, the dark wood contrasted against his pale, weathered skin, while his free hand ran through his short, dark hair in a nervous habit.

Ridai
2015-04-21, 04:05 PM
She can't help but chuckle. Easy to forget how people react to her build when they aren't familiar with her, even when she isn't putting the fear of the spirits in them. "Relax, ain't gonna eat you." Cracking a smile, Bai Lan continues "Yeah, I know that kind. Seems we're here for the same reason, eh? Name's Bai Lan, by the way. Pleasure to meet you." A quick gesture to the filling table is followed by "Wanna join us?"

Xyzzt
2015-04-21, 07:07 PM
*Ju-Long sighs in relief* Oh, thank the spirits. Too much of all that sir and miss back at the Academy. "Ehehe, thanks, Bai. Kinda forgot that this wasn't the Academy there." Smiling shyly as the new guy came in, he sat back and waited - until he saw a certain tile...

"Indeed, feel free to sit with us! Let's just say they have an eye for goodhearted people..." - *He smiles and winks, showing an identical tile* "who like to keep certain stuff out of the wrong hands." And if everyone's here for the same reason... The White Lotus knows how to pick trustworthy people.

cavalieredraghi
2015-04-21, 07:13 PM
Knowledge! Oh what kind of Knowledge, I work on Genealogy myself. Oh a Pai Sho tile. The White lotus? Not a common one for sure. So moves, to look closer at the tile. Though seems to not be to entranced.

I find it funny all this snow. very soothing. Though the cold can be bothersome at times. hahaha So seems to go off on his own tangents, he clearly did enjoy the little things.

Starbin
2015-04-21, 07:48 PM
Tarruk nodded, following her to the table. There, he blinked for a moment at the one's who seemed to know about his tile, and what it represented. "I am Tarruk, of the Southern Water a Tribe ... and I guess I like to think I'm good-hearted, but maybe my sisters would have a different perspective." with a faint smile, Tarruk sat down, looking around at the others.

"So what brings you all here? Do you all have one of these 'pai sho' tiles?"

John Cribati
2015-04-22, 12:04 AM
The bartender clears his throat, becoming less casual as more tiles make themselves known."If you're looking for a game of Pai Sho, we have a room set up." He points. "Most enthusiasts prefer a quieter atmosphere so they can plan out their strategies in peace."

cavalieredraghi
2015-04-22, 12:13 AM
No Pai Sho tile for me. I am just passing through. Though I do wish those who play good luck. So could tell something was going on, despite spacing like he does, it was clear this was something not for him.

Well I will wait out here, may be gone when you get or not you never know. So just grinned.

AirApparent
2015-04-22, 12:39 AM
"No, not from here. This is actually my first time here, though if by here you meant the Earth Kingdom, then yes, indeed. He acts friendly enough, but pointedly avoids making any indication as to where he actually hails from.
Remeber, last time you did that you had to backtrack three days after those thugs father hired got the jump on you and put you in a cell heading back "home".

Upon seeing the shared Pai Sho pieces, he pipes up, "Oh, Pai Sho! I've been meaning to learn to play for the longest time. Perhaps I could sit in and learn by observation?"

Ridai
2015-04-22, 02:46 AM
Bai Lan wasn't going to go all "Hey, White Lotus crew represent!", especially seeing how other people went ahead and blurted it out first. Oh well, no reason to cry over spilt milk. "You heard the man, don't be a bother," she says, referring to the Pai Sho tile laden folks at the table and shooing them towards the backroom like she at times had to do in the past with other folks. She turns to the others with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, gotta herd the cats before people get annoyed. These kinda things happen from time to time. Been a pleasure, you guys." Flashing a friendly smile as she actually likes them well enough, Bai Lan leaves for the backroom as well.

Starbin
2015-04-22, 03:50 PM
Tarruk frowned at all this discussion and innuendo, but he could glean enough to realize he should probably join the others. Pocketing his tile, he smiled at the air nomad and followed the others to the room. "So how do we play this game?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-04-22, 08:06 PM
So just waved Tarruk good bye. Before he got bored, and looked around the room. there was that woman who seemed to be slightly unnerving. Without knowing why, he walked over to her.
May I join you.

John Cribati
2015-04-25, 09:57 AM
The group enters the room to find s middle-aged, balding man waiting for them. His face brightens. "Ah, is good to see the next generation so interested in the ways of old. Come in, make yourselves comfortable, we'll be here for a bit yet." He focuses on the Tribesman for a second, his expression becoming more serious."Young man. Master Runka sent you, didn't he?"

So just waved Tarruk good bye. Before he got bored, and looked around the room. there was that woman who seemed to be slightly unnerving. Without knowing why, he walked over to her.
May I join you.

She looks up from her cup of.. whatever With a surly expression. "What do you want?"

Ridai
2015-04-25, 10:06 AM
Grasping her right fist with her left hand in front of her, Bai Lan gives a friendly bow, then takes a seat. "Goes without saying. Skyspire and owls go hand in hand. You probably already know, but for the sake of manners, my name is Bai Lan." Once comfortable, she awaits were this will go.

cavalieredraghi
2015-04-25, 11:12 AM
i simply wish to enjoy a beautiful woman's company. Maybe talk, a bit and then go my own way. Is it alright if i join you?

AirApparent
2015-04-25, 11:39 AM
As the group left for the back room, Yon watched them curiously Hmm. Interesting. I think I'll take a peek.

Yon grabs an empty chair near a wall and pretends to doze. He takes a deep breath, and as he exhales he concentrates as he gets the familiar sensation of his spirit leaving his body.

Yon finds something in the room to hide his spirit form behind while he watches the conversation in the back room.

John Cribati
2015-04-28, 10:51 AM
i simply wish to enjoy a beautiful woman's company. Maybe talk, a bit and then go my own way. Is it alright if i join you?

"Flattery won't get you anywhere, but if you wanna sit I won't stop you."

Starbin
2015-04-28, 10:55 AM
Tarruk started to take the man's advice and find a seat when he suddenly became serious and asked about Master Runka. "Yes, uncle, I am Tarruk of the Southern Water Tribe and Master Runka did send me. However, he said very little about why - only that my skills might be needed and that I bring this tile to this establishment. I am always eager to learn new things, but I don't really know what game we're playing." His tone indicated he was aware that there was more going on than just a Pai Sho game, but he was still uncertain what it was.

cavalieredraghi
2015-04-28, 11:00 AM
So does join the woman, as he has nothing but a warm smile on his face.

Flattery, is just another way to express the truth, and thus I feel it will always be important. May I ask you your name?

John Cribati
2015-04-29, 08:18 PM
Tarruk started to take the man's advice and find a seat when he suddenly became serious and asked about Master Runka. "Yes, uncle, I am Tarruk of the Southern Water Tribe and Master Runka did send me. However, he said very little about why - only that my skills might be needed and that I bring this tile to this establishment. I am always eager to learn new things, but I don't really know what game we're playing." His tone indicated he was aware that there was more going on than just a Pai Sho game, but he was still uncertain what it was.

"The goal of this game is, ultimately, balance. The pieces you play must be in harmony, both with each other and the strategies employed. You will find one such piece in your pack." [/QUOTE]

So does join the woman, as he has nothing but a warm smile on his face.

Flattery, is just another way to express the truth, and thus I feel it will always be important. May I ask you your name?

"Sure, so long as I'm not obligated to answer."

cavalieredraghi
2015-04-29, 08:27 PM
sure, though i may get annoying if you dont answer. So just keeps smiling.

so you from around here or are you visiting to.

John Cribati
2015-05-01, 08:18 AM
sure, though i may get annoying if you dont answer. So just keeps smiling.

so you from around here or are you visiting to.

"Doesn't concern you."

Starbin
2015-05-01, 11:33 AM
Tarruk took out the piece he had, holding it up. "You mean this? Okay, so how do we start? I guess we're going to play a game, but I'm sure I wasn't sent here to learn how to play Pai Sho.

Or was I?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-05-01, 12:47 PM
So, keeps talking as he tries to get insight into this woman and figure out how to make her open up.
Well What family, do you have any brothers or sisters?

Insight
[roll0]

John Cribati
2015-05-06, 06:07 AM
Tarruk took out the piece he had, holding it up. "You mean this? Okay, so how do we start? I guess we're going to play a game, but I'm sure I wasn't sent here to learn how to play Pai Sho.

Or was I?"

"Not only, my child. We'll start with the small pouch Runka must have slipped into your backpack as you were leaving. It'll probably be at the top."

So, keeps talking as he tries to get insight into this woman and figure out how to make her open up.
Well What family, do you have any brothers or sisters?

"That's a very invasive question."

[Her lips will probably loosen up once a few strong drinks have gone past them; she seems to enjoy fruit-flavored ones.]

Starbin
2015-05-06, 11:33 AM
Raising an eye, Tarruk shrugged his shoulders and pulled his pack down to search through it. Amazingly enough, there was a small pouch, hidden from him before by a couple of fur skins and jerky he had. Retrieving the pouch, he narrowed his eyes at the old man, realizing this was going to be a lesson in seeing beyond the obvious.

Sitting down, he set the pouch down and opened. "Now what? Do we all play?" He glanced at the others who had joined him in the back room.

I'm not sure where we're going, so you gotta feed me (and probably the others) a little bit more. I'm guessing this is the plot hook and I'm a little iffy on how to get it rolling :smallsmile:

cavalieredraghi
2015-05-07, 07:47 AM
You know I think i will be right back. So, goes over to the bar and orders two apple flavored drinks for him and his new companion. He returns with two very green looking cups of liquid.

Here, if you'd like. I figure you'd like a drink.
persuasion
[roll0]

John Cribati
2015-05-14, 08:33 AM
Raising an eye, Tarruk shrugged his shoulders and pulled his pack down to search through it. Amazingly enough, there was a small pouch, hidden from him before by a couple of fur skins and jerky he had. Retrieving the pouch, he narrowed his eyes at the old man, realizing this was going to be a lesson in seeing beyond the obvious.

Sitting down, he set the pouch down and opened. "Now what? Do we all play?" He glanced at the others who had joined him in the back room.

"Yes, but the game goes far beyond the confines of this board. You know of the Comet that passed by recently, yes? Firebenders were able to draw on its essence to empower themselves by several orders of magnitude. That was a piece that provided an unfair advantage, and as such, we came up with these." Here, he reaches into the pouch, pulling out a chunk of crystal that is patently too large to fit into it. "This one in particular was crafted from the essence of the Moon Spirit herself. Any waterbender bathed in its light would be empowered as though by a full moon. Greater, even, considering his proximity to it. The Air Temples, as well as several Earth Kingdom military outposts, received similar items to level the playing field, in the event that Fire Lord Sozin decided to press the advantage that the Comet gave him." He slips the stone back into the small pouch, abd the pouch into his wide sleeve. "Now that we have this back, it can be broken down, and the energy released. But the current issue is that they have not all been returned.

You know I think i will be right back. So, goes over to the bar and orders two apple flavored drinks for him and his new companion. He returns with two very green looking cups of liquid.

Here, if you'd like. I figure you'd like a drink.

She licks her lips, obviously enticed, and reaches for it, before pausing. "Th- this isn't alcoholic, is it?"

Ridai
2015-05-14, 08:38 AM
Now they are finally getting on with it. "So we'll get it back, gotcha. Where do we start and do you know if people got greedy or if the crystals got lost?"

Starbin
2015-05-14, 09:52 AM
Blinking, Tarruk looked at the crystal, then his pouch, then back to the crystal. "Uh, how did ..." He broke off as the old man continued to talk, telling the story of these items of power. the large young lady jumped up, ready to go on some sort of mission. Again, he blinked, as realization hit. "So the crystal was sent with me because I wasn't a threat to take it for myself? And that's what this is about now? Collecting the other objects? Is that the game we play?" He seemed more comfortable when he thought he understood what was going on ...

cavalieredraghi
2015-05-17, 03:26 AM
So takes a sip from his glass.

I t is only as alcoholic as mine.

John Cribati
2015-05-22, 07:11 AM
So takes a sip from his glass.

I t is only as alcoholic as mine.

"You dont get to dodge that question."

Blinking, Tarruk looked at the crystal, then his pouch, then back to the crystal. "Uh, how did ..." He broke off as the old man continued to talk, telling the story of these items of power. the large young lady jumped up, ready to go on some sort of mission. Again, he blinked, as realization hit. "So the crystal was sent with me because I wasn't a threat to take it for myself? And that's what this is about now? Collecting the other objects? Is that the game we play?" He seemed more comfortable when he thought he understood what was going on ...

Now they are finally getting on with it. "So we'll get it back, gotcha. Where do we start and do you know if people got greedy or if the crystals got lost?"

"Yes, young one. This game affects the very balance of our world.
He produces a map of the area, pointing to a valley a few mountains over. "As for your question, Ms. Bai Lan, we are unsure. Fort Yama, here, is known for producing competent military personell, soldier and otherwise. I would hope that this is just some power-hungry young upstart. The only other option being that the convoy sent to deliver the crystal was attacked and overwhelmed. I'm not sure which is the more disturbing option."

Starbin
2015-05-22, 08:07 AM
(OOC - So I'll answer, on the off-chance that we keep playing ...)

Listening to what the old man said, hearing real information that was not allegorical, made Tarruk feel better. He hated dancing around an issue, and just wanted to know why he was here and what they wanted him to do. "Wait a minute ... you said several items went out to the Air Temples and Earth Kingdom, but none have returned? Was there another item sent to the Northern Water Tribe, and if so did it come back?"

Frowning, he rubbed his chin in thought. "I don't know anything about who you sent these items to, or why you chose the people you did, but I'm guessing you trusted them. So as my uncle used to say, if it looks, smells, sounds and acts like an otter penguin, it probably is an otter penguin.

I gotta tell you this feels an aweful lot like a coordinated action. Who knew about the items?"

Ridai
2015-05-22, 08:14 AM
Bai Lan leans forward, elbows on knees (and still having no trouble seeing everything). "Just Bai Lan, please. Show us that route. Maybe we can skim it for signs of an ambush and tackle the Fort if we don't find a thing. Where was the caravan last seen?"

John Cribati
2015-05-22, 09:36 AM
(OOC - So I'll answer, on the off-chance that we keep playing ...)

Listening to what the old man said, hearing real information that was not allegorical, made Tarruk feel better. He hated dancing around an issue, and just wanted to know why he was here and what they wanted him to do. "Wait a minute ... you said several items went out to the Air Temples and Earth Kingdom, but none have returned? Was there another item sent to the Northern Water Tribe, and if so did it come back?"

Frowning, he rubbed his chin in thought. "I don't know anything about who you sent these items to, or why you chose the people you did, but I'm guessing you trusted them. So as my uncle used to say, if it looks, smells, sounds and acts like an otter penguin, it probably is an otter penguin.

I gotta tell you this feels an aweful lot like a coordinated action. Who knew about the items?"

The man shakes his head "We received the gem from the Northern Tribe, as well as from the four Air temples. The issue is that with the Earth Kingdom being so widespread, we had to create several and send them out to various strongholds near the coasts, as well as other prime targets, such as Omashu or Ba Sing Se. Most of those have been returned. We did arrange for Airbender transport where it would be available and not suspicious, but many groups are still in transit. As for who knew, that largely depends on the heads of the other branches of the White Lotus.

Bai Lan leans forward, elbows on knees (and still having no trouble seeing everything). "Just Bai Lan, please. Show us that route. Maybe we can skim it for signs of an ambush and tackle the Fort if we don't find a thing. Where was the caravan last seen?"

http://i.imgur.com/zwX7oal.jpg

"The idea was that the caravan would move from the fort and would rendezvous at this point," he nudges the small green circle, and then continues on tracing the grey line, "with the group from the Northern Air Temple and both pieces would be delivered at the same time. The Airbenders waited for nearly half a day past the scheduled time, but the group from the fort just never showed up."

Ridai
2015-05-22, 10:38 AM
"That's on the way then, I know that area. Can you describe the gem, so we know what we're looking for? Other than that, the sooner we get going, the better. The fort folk ain't the charmin' type if they can help it."

cavalieredraghi
2015-05-22, 11:09 AM
I am not dodging the Question. All I am asking is a little trust. Simply taste it and you will see what I mean. I am a brother of the Air Temples, I would never do anything that may put you in harms way.
So smiled gently as he sipped more from his glass. He truly was seeming to be sincere and just wanting the woman to relax and open up.

John Cribati
2015-05-22, 06:28 PM
"That's on the way then, I know that area. Can you describe the gem, so we know what we're looking for? Other than that, the sooner we get going, the better. The fort folk ain't the charmin' type if they can help it."

"It's a bit larger than this one, maybe the size of a person's head. And it's not of a uniform coloration. Mostly green, I'd assume, but don't be surprised if there are shades of brown in there as well. Of course, it would probably be in a pouch like this one, if nothing untoward has happened. He gestures with the puck Tarruk brought with him.

I am not dodging the Question. All I am asking is a little trust. Simply taste it and you will see what I mean. I am a brother of the Air Temples, I would never do anything that may put you in harms way.
So smiled gently as he sipped more from his glass. He truly was seeming to be sincere and just wanting the woman to relax and open up.

A look of realization, and then she rolls her eyes. "Ah. Of course. You Air folk have that spirit thing going on. Well if it concerns you so much, yes, I have been ~touched~ by a spirit, and no, I don't plan on harming anyone."

cavalieredraghi
2015-05-22, 11:22 PM
I am glad to see you opening up to me. So Grins at the woman.

But are you alright, may i ask what happened?

John Cribati
2015-05-23, 12:10 AM
I am glad to see you opening up to me. So Grins at the woman.

But are you alright, may i ask what happened?

"I was in a situation and called out for help. A spirit helped me. It was just... the sort of spirit that tends to give people the heebie-jeebies. But really, I'm not here to bug anyone."
[Her body language suggests that she's not telling the whole truth.

cavalieredraghi
2015-05-23, 12:13 AM
I believe you. So says trying to calm her.

I just, well I mean sure it was this being "touched' that made me want to talk to you, but i would like to get to know you. I feel you need a friend. So smiles gently again, as he only seems to be telling the truth.

Ridai
2015-05-23, 05:36 AM
"Where do you want us to bring the goods?" Bai Lan gets up and stretches a bit, ready to leave. "Other than that, time's a-waistin'."

Starbin
2015-05-23, 11:19 AM
Tarruk sat back for a bit, nodding at the explanation given. It still sounded odd that both the Water Tribes and Air Temples had returned their items, but the Earth Kingdom had not - regardless of those distances. "Well, I guess we should do like Bai Lan suggested ... go to the last place we knew the items were. As long as we know how many items are out there, where they were, and what they look like, that should be enough to start.

How do we contact you, or the rest of whoever these White Lotus people are, when we have information?"

Tarruk was ready to proceed, but would stay to discuss tactics, strategy, or planning.

John Cribati
2015-05-29, 07:22 AM
I believe you. So says trying to calm her.

I just, well I mean sure it was this being "touched' that made me want to talk to you, but i would like to get to know you. I feel you need a friend. So smiles gently again, as he only seems to be telling the truth.

"No offense, but I'm not the kind of person that keeps friends very long. I'll pass."

"Where do you want us to bring the goods?" Bai Lan gets up and stretches a bit, ready to leave. "Other than that, time's a-waistin'."

Tarruk sat back for a bit, nodding at the explanation given. It still sounded odd that both the Water Tribes and Air Temples had returned their items, but the Earth Kingdom had not - regardless of those distances. "Well, I guess we should do like Bai Lan suggested ... go to the last place we knew the items were. As long as we know how many items are out there, where they were, and what they look like, that should be enough to start.

How do we contact you, or the rest of whoever these White Lotus people are, when we have information?"

Tarruk was ready to proceed, but would stay to discuss tactics, strategy, or planning.

"It would be best to bring it back here if yoyu find it. As for staying in contact, I will- " He pauses to swat at an insect hovering about his head. "I will send a hawk in a few hours, which we can use to relay messages."

Ridai
2015-05-29, 07:30 AM
"Right then, see you in a bit. C'mon, folks, time's a-waistin'!" With that, Bai Lan heads out into the common room, course towards the front door.

Starbin
2015-05-29, 01:54 PM
Blinking, Tarruk stood, putting his pack back on and slipping the white lotus tile back into his pouch. "Uh, okay, I guess. So we'll look for your hawk or whatever. Who had the map? Hey, Bai Lan, wait up!" Rushing out the door, he moved to follow in the walk of the long-striding woman.

cavalieredraghi
2015-05-29, 02:07 PM
So, just looks at the young woman and nods.

Well I would still like to call you friend, if that is alright. I also would like to see you again when i return to this town. But i should go for now.
So leaves the tavern just as the others leave the back room. He stays by the door for a moment not meaning to wait on the others, but ends up doing so.

John Cribati
2015-06-01, 11:49 PM
The group has barely set foot out see the door when a loud crash echoes through the tavern. Looking inside, they fine nothing awty, but the sound definitely came from the first floor.

Ridai
2015-06-02, 01:13 AM
"Goodness, folks, I'm not even outside yet!" Bai Lan sighs, turning around right away. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary, she has a certain feeling, heading to the back room.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-02, 03:01 AM
So follows he has a bad feeling, about all of this.
Why can no one simply be at peace.

Starbin
2015-06-03, 10:46 AM
Pausing, Tarruk turned to follow Bai Lan. "Uh, now what? What was that noise?"

AirApparent
2015-06-03, 04:20 PM
Yon pulls himself back into his body and looks around, standing up. What was that? He starts mentally checking for local spirits he could call on.

John Cribati
2015-06-04, 05:20 PM
Before you snap back to your body, you think you notice the window opening slightly, though it might have just been the wind. As for spirits you could call on, while the shrine of the patron of this specific mountain range is far away, though there are other less powerful spirits about.

The upended table, with the Pai Sho tiles scattered about, is the sight that immediately greets you, as well as the probable cause of all the ruckus. A quick glance around the room reveals that the old man is in the grasp of a tall, pale figure, its impossibly long arms wrapped at least thrice around the old man's middle.

Ridai
2015-06-04, 05:46 PM
A woman of action, Bai Lan is closing in immediately, but instead of doing the usual bender thing of bending at the creature, she does something much more straightforward, namely charging at the thing before going in with an all-out flying punt. Many bandits have had the questionable fortune of experiencing the wonders of flight because of it, if only for a short while. Strange creatures attacking people in her hometown get just the same treatment.

Bai Lan goes in with her Bandit Punter.

Bandit Punter (linked powers) (40/40pp)
[close range, +10 attack (16-20 crit for Damage, 19-20 crit for Affliction), Toughness DC 25/Fortitude DC 20]

Strength-based Damage 7 [17pp]
Extras: Accurate 5, Increased Critical 4 [16-20], Variable Descriptor (brawling)

Affliction 10 (dazed, stunned, resisted by Fortitude) [16pp]
Extras: Accurate 5, Cumulative, Increased Critical 1 [19-20]
Flaws: Limited Degree 1

Adds Impervious 7 to Toughness (sustained) [7pp]
Ignores rank 4 attacks and lower

Attack roll: [roll0]

edit: Yep, both damage and affliction crit for +5 to the DC. Hope the thing looks forward to getting smashed into the nearest wall, as the knockback DC is 30.

Starbin
2015-06-05, 08:53 AM
Stepping into the room, Tarruk paused as he took in what was happening. "Water's Edge, what is that?"" Without answering Bai Lan leapt into action, rushing to kick the thing. Shaking his head, Tarruk dropped into a fighting stance, still uncertain of what was going on ...

Not sure what to do yet ... since we need to see if Bai Lan drop kicked this guy (and the old man wrapped in his arms) into the wall!

[roll0]

John Cribati
2015-06-10, 09:02 PM
The cloaked figure, caught by Bai Lan's surprise attack, is launched into the far wall, along with the old man. they both slam into the shelves, knocking off several of the wooden slats on top of them.

[Attacker is Stunned and Staggered. Old Man is Dazed]

Order of Initiative is Tarruk -> Attacker -> Sojourn-> Bai Lan -> Yon

Starbin
2015-06-11, 11:16 AM
Uncertain what had just happened, Tarruk rushed over to the old man, helping him to his feet. "What just happened? Who, or what, is that?"

Focused on helping the old man!

**Note - I'll be on vacation until next week, with limited posting. Bot as necessary!**

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-11, 08:51 PM
So, was not one for engaging, though he knew a danger when he saw it. Instead however he sweeped his arms around him, as he sent a small whirlwind of air to the old man, lifting and removing the wooden slats from him, and the other creature.

I am not still fully sure what to roll, but using air control to move the slats.

John Cribati
2015-06-16, 01:33 PM
The pale, cloaked figure lies motionless, even after the boards are removed from him. Thew old man is unable to stand.

Ridai
2015-06-16, 02:37 PM
Whatever the thing is, it's dangerous. Until the old man is safe, Bai Lan needs to make sure the thing doesn't get up and, more importantly, finally lets go of the old man. Rushing over to the creature, the tall woman brings her fist crashing down on it, aiming for the temple to knock it out cold. "Get the ol' fella outta here!"
Bai Lan goes in with her Bandit Punter, intent on knocking the creature out, not killing it.

Bandit Punter (linked powers) (40/40pp)
[close range, +10 attack (16-20 crit for Damage, 19-20 crit for Affliction), Toughness DC 25/Fortitude DC 20]

Strength-based Damage 7 [17pp]
Extras: Accurate 5, Increased Critical 4 [16-20], Variable Descriptor (brawling)

Affliction 10 (dazed, stunned, resisted by Fortitude) [16pp]
Extras: Accurate 5, Cumulative, Increased Critical 1 [19-20]
Flaws: Limited Degree 1

Adds Impervious 7 to Toughness (sustained) [7pp]
Ignores rank 4 attacks and lower

Attack roll: [roll0]

John Cribati
2015-06-16, 09:31 PM
The figure stays still, its breathing steadier.

[It's KO'd]

Ridai
2015-06-17, 03:41 AM
With the... thing dealt with, Bai Lan straightens up again. "You folks watch 'em, I'll be right back." With quick steps, the young woman leaves the room, then quickly comes back with a rock, which she shapes into bands binding the thing's legs and arms. Moving over to the old man, if he isn't freed and standing already, Bai Lan makes it so. "Sorry 'bout the Wall Express. You okay?" she asks, genuinely worried.

AirApparent
2015-06-17, 06:56 AM
Yon rushes into the room, then seeing the situation largely diffused, straightens up from his fighting stance and says, "Is everyone alright? I heard fighting and wanted to help." he walks over to inspect the...thing.

[roll0]

John Cribati
2015-06-17, 11:47 AM
With the... thing dealt with, Bai Lan straightens up again. "You folks watch 'em, I'll be right back." With quick steps, the young woman leaves the room, then quickly comes back with a rock, which she shapes into bands binding the thing's legs and arms. Moving over to the old man, if he isn't freed and standing already, Bai Lan makes it so. "Sorry 'bout the Wall Express. You okay?" she asks, genuinely worried.

"It's all good Mr. Lan. I only hit my head a little." He tries to take a step, but stumbles. "Actually, I think I shall have a seat." He fumbles with a nearby stool, trying to set it upright, though he seems very confused about which direction is 'up.' He ends up laying it sideways, and sits on it, precariously balanced on the edge.

[We'll say he's Impaired for the moment]

The attacker I'd human, though he has been touched by a nature spirit of some kind. Definitely not from this area, though. His pale skin has a shiny quality to it, and in the right light, it has an odd geometric pattern not unlike what you'd see on a lizard.

Ridai
2015-06-17, 12:13 PM
Bai Lan cringes at the "Mr. Lan" and the seating in a way that clearly says "Oops..."

"...Lemme help you with that..." With one hand, she slightly picks up the old man, turns the chair upright with the other and puts the man down onto it properly, fingers beginning to rub his temples from behind.

She looks to Yon. "That whatever it is ambushed him. No idea where it came from." Looking over her shoulder as he walks to examine it, she asks "Any ideas?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-17, 07:42 PM
So, was already checking the spirit touched, to make sure the young man was ok. As he checks the man, he speaks to Ba Lin.

Could you have maybe been a bet more gentle! I rather not be witness to attempted murder.

Treatment
[roll0]

Ridai
2015-06-18, 01:30 AM
"There was a big white thing tentacling him, what did you want me to do, tickle it? I know what I'm doing." Bai Lan snaps back, looking rather peeved.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-18, 01:31 AM
You did not have to punch him in the face. He was no longer a threat. That was just unneeded Violence.

Ridai
2015-06-18, 02:41 AM
"Better than it getting up and tentacling people some more, causing more actual harm. Can we get to the important bits, like what it is and what's going on here?"

AirApparent
2015-06-18, 08:05 AM
Well he's human, at least, he was at the start of things. He's been altered somehow by a nature spirit. Whoever he is, though, he's traveled a ways. Yon scratches his beard contemplatively. Looked like he was after that thing you were talking about. Pardon the intrusion, but I couldn't help but overhear your conversation.

Ridai
2015-06-18, 08:14 AM
Bai Lan waves her hand dismissively at the apology. "Eh. You came to help, that's worth a good bit more in my book. Only question is what to do with the fellow. Can't just leave him here, could attack more people."

Starbin
2015-06-19, 07:37 AM
Tarruk shook his head at the minor bickering. "What's done is done, and no one was seriously injured, so let's move on, yes? Now uncle, what happened? Do you know who that is, or why he attacked you?" Tarruk had no training in healing the injured - his tribe relied on benders to do that! He also had no knowledge of spirits or the finer points of the bending arts. But he could at least try to figure out what was going on.

At the question of what to do with the attacker, he shrugged. "Does the town have a constable? Turn him over to the officials ..."

Not sure what to do, so go-go gadget questioning!

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-19, 07:44 AM
We could take him to the local Air Temple. My Brothers may know what to do with him.

Ridai
2015-06-19, 09:56 AM
"No constable, we just work things out among ourselves or band together against outside threats. We have a lot of talented people here, whether they are benders or not. Let's get him over to Xia Ming, she's one of the wiser, more powerful people in here and has pretty close ties to the White Lotus, she can probably figure something out, maybe contact the Air Temple, so we can be on our way quick." Bai Lan scoops up the white thing and puts it over her shoulder like an oversized sack of potatoes.

John Cribati
2015-06-19, 10:10 AM
"Wait. Hold on." The old man blinks a few times and rubs at his eyes. "There was... he wanted to know something." He thinks long and hard before realization crosses his face. "The crystal. He wanted to know where I'd hidden it."

Starbin
2015-06-19, 10:20 AM
Tarruk paused for a moment, glancing back at the thing. "Well, it seems that we need to question this one ... since he's obviously aware of these crystals. Maybe he knows about the others? Maybe there's multiple folks hunting them down?"

Ridai
2015-06-19, 10:57 AM
"I mean, I guess? Lotsa folks would want a crystal like that." Bai Lan sets the white thing back down, seating herself on the edge of the table.

Starbin
2015-06-19, 11:04 AM
Tarruk glanced at Bai Lan. "Sure they would ... but how many know about them? Unless these folks have been telling everyone about these crystals ...?" He glanced at the old man, wondering if he had misunderstood.

John Cribati
2015-06-19, 01:18 PM
"Well, the information that the other nations had the capacity to fight back had to pass through several channels in order to reach the Fire Lord. It's not highly unlikely that other, less reputable ears may have been listening."

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-19, 03:48 PM
"No constable, we just work things out among ourselves or band together against outside threats. We have a lot of talented people here, whether they are benders or not. Let's get him over to Xia Ming, she's one of the wiser, more powerful people in here and has pretty close ties to the White Lotus, she can probably figure something out, maybe contact the Air Temple, so we can be on our way quick." Bai Lan scoops up the white thing and puts it over her shoulder like an oversized sack of potatoes.
Would you stop treating the young man like he was not even human!

"Wait. Hold on." The old man blinks a few times and rubs at his eyes. "There was... he wanted to know something." He thinks long and hard before realization crosses his face. "The crystal. He wanted to know where I'd hidden it."

What Crystals are you all even talking about?

Ridai
2015-06-19, 04:47 PM
Bai Lan sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose at the air monk throwing a hissy fit, then explains "Equalizers for Earth, Air and Water against Fire, when the comet passed. Lots of power for benders, were supposed to be gathered after the whole invasion plans were averted, but seems like some people would rather like to keep them for themselves."

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-19, 05:12 PM
So looks clearly angry at Bai lins disregard to that young mans bsdic humanity.
Very Mature Bai lin. Now will you start acting like an adult with basic human decency and stop treating a living soul like that.

Ridai
2015-06-20, 07:11 AM
Bai Lan gives the air monk a dead stare for a moment, then shakes her head. "Right, you think what you want, I'll be on my way." Having had enough raging for the day, Bai Lan leaves the building, heading towards the road where the caravan had been ambushed.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-20, 10:43 AM
So just shakes his head, with a grimace as he thinks to himself. She seemed so nice at first, but the Rock head surprised him. He then looks to the old man.

So these Crystals, is there anyway i may help in retrieving them. Benders should not have such power, there always needs to be a balance.

Starbin
2015-06-20, 11:31 AM
Tarruk shook his head at the ridiculous spat. "I'm not sure why you two need to argue - that man attacked and was defeated - not killed, but defeated. No one has said he wasn't human, but he did not earn any coddeling. I may be new here, but it's my guess we'll need to work together to find these crystals. Peace, yes?"

When Bai Lan made to leave, he followed, saying "Are you headed to this Xia Ming?"

Ridai
2015-06-20, 12:18 PM
Once they are away from the air monk, Bai Lan answers "No, I'm heading for the road the caravan was last seen on. So is set on how he wants the white man dealt with, so I'll let him get to that. I am tired of being called names because I apparently wasn't 100% politically correct and didn't cuddle the white man. Knowing my temper, I would have ended up doing something stupid if I had stuck around, and I don't want that. I've met my share of air monks, but I've never been called a prospective murderer and sociopath for knocking an aggressor out and wanting to carry someone somewhere. Not responding didn't seem to help either, so I leave instead." The tall woman is legitimately confused, the whole situation seemed so bizarre to her.

Before actually leaving the village, however, Bai Lan does swing by her home to tell her brother where she is going and that she might be gone for a while.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-20, 12:24 PM
Before Turrak left So looked at him.
He was already defeated when Bai Lin knocked him around senseless. That was uncalled for. He should be put through proper authorities but needless violence is something that is just plain wrong.

So then moves to the older Pai Sho player.

If I may I would like to give you a quick once over to make sure you are alright.

Starbin
2015-06-25, 08:23 AM
Tarruk sighed at the naïve bender's assessment. "I'm sure was concerned about the guy getting back up ... but the point is she removed the threat to Uncle and without bloodshed. You might want to be a little more open-minded and less judgmental if we're going to work together.

Now since it looks like you have some training, I'll let you tend to the older man ... and this guy, too. Maybe you can ask him some questions about what he was doing, yeah?" Tarruk pointed at the strange figure on the table then rose to follow Bai Lan. "When you're ready, meet us at the road into town ... I think we're going to go check on the other missing crystals. Oh, by the way, I'm Tarruk and the big gal is Bai Lan." With a wave, he departed.

Outside, he let Bai Lan know he would meet her at the road, but he wanted to grab some supplies first.

(OOC - my little way to respond and try to advance my portion of the story ... :smallsmile:)

EDIT - fixed my color snafu!

John Cribati
2015-06-25, 09:20 AM
Before Turrak left So looked at him.
He was already defeated when Bai Lin knocked him around senseless. That was uncalled for. He should be put through proper authorities but needless violence is something that is just plain wrong.

So then moves to the older Pai Sho player.

If I may I would like to give you a quick once over to make sure you are alright.

The old man straightens up, rubbing at his temple. "Thank you, young man. Especially for getting those boards off of me." He stares after the retreating group. "They may need you and your... interesting point of view, you know. Not to mention your other talents."

[I used the previous Heal roll, since I accidentally ignored it the first time]

Ridai
2015-06-25, 12:33 PM
Hearing Tarruk needs supplies, Bai Lan offers giving him some from her home. They have spares lying around, usually for ill-prepared travellers or people rescued from various hairy situations.

cavalieredraghi
2015-06-25, 05:20 PM
But Elder, Why would i work with them? Violence is not always an answer, Flow around and avoid conflict, that is the way of an Air Nomads. Water Tribemen, Earth Followers, even the Fire Worshipers they all some to strive for Conflict?

John Cribati
2015-06-28, 07:42 PM
But Elder, Why would i work with them? Violence is not always an answer, Flow around and avoid conflict, that is the way of an Air Nomads. Water Tribemen, Earth Followers, even the Fire Worshipers they all some to strive for Conflict?

"It may seem like that to one outside of the culture, but it is more than that. It's more that they see conflict as inevitable, and instead of avoid conflict until they have no other choice, they would meet the conflict and work through it. But, you are also right in that not everything has to be a quarrel or fight. They may need one such as yourself to help them see that."

Starbin
2015-07-02, 12:48 PM
Tarruk thanked the larger woman, needing only some foodstuff for an extended trip away from town. Once he was ready, he followed the woman to the road into town. "How long are you willing to wait for any others?"

Ridai
2015-07-02, 02:09 PM
"Two hours, to still be able to cover a good amount of ground while the sun is up. Hope a few more will join us, as I doubt this is going to be easy," Bai Lan says, sitting with crossed legs on an impromptu stone seat she raised from the ground, raising another for Tarruk from beneath the snow.

cavalieredraghi
2015-07-02, 04:29 PM
"As you wish Elder. I guess i will join them. " So walks out of the tavern, and he sees the Caravan. He walks straight to Bai Len knowing she was most likely the leader.

"May I and Po, join you?"

Ridai
2015-07-03, 01:40 AM
Bai Lan internally readies herself for another tirade, but is relieved to find that said preparations aren't needed. "We're all in the same boat here, as the Water fellas like to say. The more, the merrier," she answers, accentuating her words with a smile.

John Cribati
2015-07-03, 01:13 PM
*Timeskips are an Illusion*

Finding the supposed rendezvous point empty of any signs of recent habitation, the group decides to retrace the path that the caravan from the fort was supposed to take.

They come to a part of the trail that is bordered on both sides by large boulders. As if common sense wasn't enough to say that this was the likely spot for an ambush, there are still footprints and tracks, bith human and otherwise, in the dust. Far too many to have been made by a small group.

Ridai
2015-07-03, 01:34 PM
Bai Lan acts as a guide, knowing the area and picking the fastest routes towards their destination. She is at home in the outdoors and it shows, enjoying the trip.

When they reach their current location, Bai Lan kneels down, using her experience in tracking to determine numbers, species and directions, trying to reconstruct the scene that took place.

Bai Lan has Tracking.
Perception [roll0]
Expertise (the wilds and gettin' by) [roll1]

cavalieredraghi
2015-07-04, 09:41 PM
So was in the air, by this time, as he comes gently landing next to Bai Lin. His touch down no louder then the slightest Breeze. He whispered to the country Girl, who was both alluring and yet annoying at the same time.

"Any thoughts Bai Lin?"

Starbin
2015-07-05, 07:57 AM
Tarruk followed Bai Lan, trusting the local to get them in the right area. When they arrived, even Tarruk could see something had happened. As Bai Lan studied the tracks, he moved to study either side of the road,trying to see which way the majority of tracks went.

Looking around ...[roll0]

John Cribati
2015-07-05, 09:42 AM
The road itself shows mostly booted footprints and the distinctive tracks of Ostrich-horses, up to a certain point. The roadside shows a set of tracks from an animal with paws and claws, as well as more human-like footprints- one in sandals, and two others barefoot. There is also evidence of a struggle on the ground, with both feathers and scraps of clothing in evidence.

At some point, the pawprints and one set of barefoot prints rum back up the trail, followed by two sets of booted prints.

Ridai
2015-07-05, 09:58 AM
"Boots and ostrich-horses, the caravan for sure. Got ambushed by three people and a big feline or canine animal, hard to say in the latter case. Caravan came from there," Bai Lan guides her companions' eyes with her pointed finger, drawing a line from far away, coming closer. "the ambushers waited there," she points to the roadside. "A fight ensued, the animal and one of the ambushers fled up the trail. Two from the caravan followed. Could have been a smash and grab, get in, get the sphere, get out, and the caravan people gave chase. Bandits do it from time to time if they know what to look for, so someone more organized could operate just like that. Other possibility is that it was an inside job. Some of the caravan worked with the ambushers, overwhelmed the rest, those of the conspirators who were left standing took off with their loot. I wonder what happened with the rest, though, there's nothing but a few feathers and scraps here. I'd say we follow the tracks up the trail, see where it goes." Bai Lan visualizes both scenes with small earth figures she animates with her bending, before letting the earth return to the greater whole. "Oh, and it's Bai Lan, not Bai Lin."

cavalieredraghi
2015-07-05, 10:10 AM
" Sorry Bai Lan.
SO was impressed, though he did not show it. She was good, and thinking of all those possible scenarios, now it is just a matter of figuring out which one was true. He takes his staff, and with a rapid twirl, unleashes his glider.

" I will take a look ahead, see if i can find them. "

So back up further then many would expect, as he prepares for take off. With a speed of running that was inhuman, he jumps and luanches in the air towards the trail that Bai Lan revealed, he keeps his eyes peered below.

perception
[roll0]

Ridai
2015-07-05, 10:47 AM
"No harm done. It happens." She smiles to Sojourn, hoping things are heading back to the friendly atmosphere they started out with. She nods to the air monk's plan. "Keep your distance if you find them and return to us immediately. Keep dust in mind; pretty easy to kick up with wind or high speeds, alerts those who are watching for trouble."

Soon after, the intense wind of Sojourn taking off whips past her and she calls "Good hunting!" after him. Bai Lan motions to Tarruk, beginning to move up the trail as well. She considers travelling by earth wave, but it is far, far too loud and obvious, she might as well have a marching band in tow. Legging it is the other option, and so it shall be.

Starbin
2015-07-06, 10:37 AM
Tarruk nodded in agreement, ready to follow the trail. When So took to the air, he shrugged and followed Bai Lan. He was a simple man, and all these benders continually tried to outdo each other in their mastery of their element. He focused on what he could do - keep his eyes open and try to find this crystal.

John Cribati
2015-07-08, 09:20 PM
About 3/4 of a mile down the trail, there is a large pile of rocks that appears to be the result of a rockslide. The obly sign of life is one slightly mangled arm sticking out from underneath the debris; the person it belonged to was likely crushed underneath.

A few hundred feet down the trail, a terrible stench makes itself known. Directly above you, pinned to the cliff face through various joints, are five bodies- three human and two ostrich-horses. A few of the spears appear to be of Earth Kingdom desigb, but many of them are crude javelins.

cavalieredraghi
2015-07-08, 09:34 PM
So lands near the hand, as he calls to the person.

" Hello in there, are you ok? If you can hear me stay still I will try to help you out."

So then looks to the rocks to try and determine the best course of freeing the man or woman that is trapped inside.

I am not sure which to roll. SO tell me and I will add the proper bonus
[roll0]

Ridai
2015-07-09, 12:14 AM
(This game got really dark quick for a game based on Avatar)

Bai Lan remains silent as she sees the grisly sight. The unnecessary cruelty is obvious and also tells them a lot about who they are dealing with. After opening a hole in the ground beside the trail, also including three stone coffins, Bai Lan works to remove the bodies from the wall and put the human corpses into the coffins and the animal ones beside them, closing the coffins and covering up the hole in a few seconds. She forms a marker on top. Due to her bending, the whole process shouldn't take too long, at least giving the dead some degree of dignity back. "We'll have to tell people where to find them later." Afterwards, she keeps going up the trail.

Starbin
2015-07-16, 06:57 AM
Tarruk shook his head at the sight, having known cruelty before, rarely was it left behind in such shocking fashion. Gazing around, trying to avoid retching, he checked for signs of battle. He helped Bai Lan as best he could with gathering the bodies and putting them in her make-shift coffins, hiding his mouth and nose in his shirt as he did so. Once complete, he looked down at his hands, then around the area, murmuring "I wish there was a river to wash up at ..."

After a few moments of following Bai Lan, he spoke up again. "I just realized - those poor creatures, they were killed with spears ... not bending. So what do you think we're up against?"

First, I'm not sure if you were waiting on me, but here's a post, just in case.

Second, I, too, am a bit surprised at the sudden turn of things ... this is VERY dark for the setting. Normally, such violence is 'off-scene' or alluded to, not actually seen by the characters of the series. Since this is your interpretation, exactly how common is this kind of thing? Cuz our characters would probably be much more aghast if this NEVER happened to normal folk!

Ridai
2015-07-16, 07:51 AM
"Deserters, bandits, wild folk, some of that sort. People folks call 'animals', which is wrong, as animals don't do pointless things like this. This is the kind of crap I work to prevent back home."

Starbin
2015-07-16, 08:03 AM
Tarruk shook his head again. "My point is that these folks went up against benders, right? So how did a bunch of wild men with sticks defeat a group of benders guarding a powerful crystal? Especially when they were not completely unawares, having followed the 'bandits' this far.

Would you be taken by a group of bandits with spears?"

Ridai
2015-07-16, 08:17 AM
"You are assuming a fair fight. Benders aren't superhumans, they die from surprise spears just like the rest of humanity. Bending could still have been involved, the only thing we know is that they used spears to pin them to the wall."

Starbin
2015-07-16, 09:06 AM
Tarruk sighed inwardly. Apparently his concerns didn't have much merit in Bai Lan's eyes, so he simply followed in silence.

John Cribati
2015-07-17, 01:51 AM
So lands near the hand, as he calls to the person.

" Hello in there, are you ok? If you can hear me stay still I will try to help you out."

So then looks to the rocks to try and determine the best course of freeing the man or woman that is trapped inside.

"Why do I get the feeling you're talking to the guy who's been crushed to death? In any case, you cant really help us unless you're an earthbender. And even then, you might just make the cave collapse more."

Soory for the lateness. But I'm off tomorrow and can devote a solid two/three hours to this.

Also forgive me for my mind working in weird and strangely violent ways. Once it was brought up that there were fewer bodies around than there should have been, I just decided on the fly that one of the attackers moved them somewhere, and... well. Let's just say that it makes sense for that specific character to do something like that.

cavalieredraghi
2015-07-21, 08:17 PM
" A man should always have hope. But I know an Earthbender." So said to the person who talked to him.

"Who are you? Where are you?" So turns to the voice, as he tries to see just who was talking.

John Cribati
2015-07-21, 09:32 PM
" A man should always have hope. But I know an Earthbender." So said to the person who talked to him.

"Who are you? Where are you?" So turns to the voice, as he tries to see just who was talking.

A crude flag made from what looks like a tunic and a spearhaft pops up in the midst of the rocks and begins waving about. "Who I am isn't exactly important right now. There's a cave back here, and two uf us trapped. The other guy doesn't say much. He's pretty bummed that his buddy's a pancake.

cavalieredraghi
2015-07-21, 09:36 PM
I will do my best to help you all. Now are any of you hurt? I will be back with my friends, if needed I will grab some First Aid Supplies.

John Cribati
2015-07-23, 09:53 PM
I will do my best to help you all. Now are any of you hurt? I will be back with my friends, if needed I will grab some First Aid Supplies.

"Uhh... he's been roughed up pretty bad, but nothing's broken, Hell, if I could actually see, I'd bet he's even started to heal. What with all the resting he's been doing.[/QUOTE]

cavalieredraghi
2015-07-24, 02:05 PM
Alright I will be back with the others. stay calm, help will be on the way.
So spins his hand around him as he jumped. He landed in his wheel of air that rushes back down the slop to the others. It was not as fast as flying but he would be less likely to disturb the rocks and hurt the survivors.

John Cribati
2015-07-27, 03:59 PM
*Time is an ~illuuuusion~*

The group, after hearing Sojourn's report, follows him to the site of the cave-in.

Ridai
2015-07-27, 04:23 PM
Bai Lan lets Sojourn know of the grisly sight they've come across and the temporary burial. At the cave-in, she calls "Can you folks in there hear me? Get away from the entrance if you can, I'm clearing the rocks!"

Widening her stance, she feels the area, feels the location of the people inside. First, she holds the rocks in place with one hand while carefully scooping out the part with the crushed fellow, placing it aside (and not uncovering the body, as that would just be another gruesome sight that isn't necessary right now). With that done, she concentrates fully on the cave-in, first strengthening the tunnel surrounding the survivors (hands starting pointing down, then drawing a perfect circle in the air with her palms facing outwards). Then she grips the entire mass of the fallen rocks at once (leaning forward, hands gripping firmly) and drawing it out in one go (sweeping back, pulling her hands back and over her head), the stones floating in midair for a moment before getting fused into the cliffside (moving her hands down and back before sweeping her palms forward, while taking a step forward). Once done, she shakes her wrists and takes a look at the survivors. "Arright, medic's here, relax, it'll be fine."

People familiar with the mainstream bending styles notice a flow in her bending motions that is reminiscent of waterbending, while the rock-solid stance and the precision of the motions are very clear earthbending mainstays.

Bai Lan uses the Control variant of her Earthbending (can lift 200 tons, has Precise, aided by her tremorsense. If necessary, Create to fashion the support to avoid the tunnel from caving in again before removing the rock.

Afterwards, she takes 10 (Skill Mastery) on Treatment for a result of 15 to check the survivors and provide aid.

cavalieredraghi
2015-07-27, 04:28 PM
Sojourn was mournful of those lost, but he was pleased to see what Bai Lan and the others did for them. He gave a quick right of passage for their souls, to pass into the spirit world.

When they arrived to the survivor's So patted Bai Lan on the back when she was done.
"Good job Bai Lan." He then also goes to help the survivor's with their wounds, He focuses on one while Bai Lan is with tht other.

[roll0]

John Cribati
2015-07-27, 08:30 PM
When the rocks are moved, at first all that can be seen is a man propped up against the cave wall. As the healers tend to him, a slim young woman steps out from around the bend. She has long black hair, and is wearing a kimono with an odd striped pattern. She walks past the group, hands tucked into her sleeves, Shrugging off any attempts to help her.
"I'm alright, just worry about him. Thanks for getting us out, though."

cavalieredraghi
2015-07-27, 08:34 PM
Ma'am my friend there is a better healer then I your friend is in good hands, please allow me to at least give you a cursory examination. So being his polite self, steps forward to try and ask for permission to make sure she was ok.

[roll0]

Ridai
2015-07-28, 06:05 AM
Bai Lan just responds with a nod to Sojourn.

When the woman steps out of the cave, the earthbender keeps a neutral appearance. "No wiggling outta this, dust from a cave-in can settle in your lungs and if it's not recognized and treated appropiately, you'll find yourself choking on fresh, clean air. Besides, how did you get trapped in there?"

John Cribati
2015-07-29, 09:28 AM
Ma'am my friend there is a better healer then I your friend is in good hands, please allow me to at least give you a cursory examination. So being his polite self, steps forward to try and ask for permission to make sure she was ok.

Bai Lan just responds with a nod to Sojourn.

When the woman steps out of the cave, the earthbender keeps a neutral appearance. "No wiggling outta this, dust from a cave-in can settle in your lungs and if it's not recognized and treated appropriately, you'll find yourself choking on fresh, clean air. Besides, how did you get trapped in there?"

"I have strong lungs. I can deal. And I got stuck in here preventing him from getting flattened."

Starbin
2015-07-29, 10:36 AM
Tarruk followed the others to the cave-in, and immediately found himself useless for the task. He watched, keeping an eye on the surrounding area given his discussion with Bai Lan about ambushes. Once the two victims were helped out, he glanced over, eyeing them for a few moments, then went back to scanning the surrounding area.

Nothing to add really, but [roll0]

cavalieredraghi
2015-07-29, 11:36 AM
"Well you did a good job. What brought you all out this far?"

John Cribati
2015-08-03, 11:29 PM
"Well you did a good job. What brought you all out this far?"

"The caravan was attacked, and while the fighting was going on, one of the bandits snatched something important. The chase led to this cave, where the bag got handed off to this... bird guy. He flew out, and then a pair of Earthbenders caused a rockslide. Can I go now?"

Starbin
2015-08-04, 10:04 AM
Tarruk glanced back at the woman as she spoke, then he returned to glancing about. As he moved around, he nudged Bai Lan and shook his head slightly, indicating that the woman wasn't being completely forthright.

Ridai
2015-08-04, 10:50 AM
Bai Lan subtly nods back. She also looks at the shoes the woman is wearing, comparing them to the foot prints that led away from the caravan.

John Cribati
2015-08-04, 02:21 PM
The woman's Kimono hangs down to cover her feet, so you can't see her shoes, but you do notice that she hasn't left any footprints, though dust on the ground has an odd swept look to it.

Ridai
2015-08-04, 04:12 PM
Bai Lan looks at the entrance for a moment. "Gotta check something." Grabbing some rock from further inside, the Earthbender suddenly yanks it out of the cave, the sudden rush of air hopefully enough to reveal whatever the woman might have for feet (the fabric too heavy to reveal anything above the ankles, and it is not an updraft). "Nope, not in danger of cave-in."

cavalieredraghi
2015-08-04, 08:04 PM
Bird guy? As in a Spirit? Did you see a Spirit?

John Cribati
2015-08-07, 10:10 AM
Bird guy? As in a Spirit? Did you see a Spirit?

"He lpoked human. Jus had feathers and wings. And could fly."

Bai Lan looks at the entrance for a moment. "Gotta check something." Grabbing some rock from further inside, the Earthbender suddenly yanks it out of the cave, the sudden rush of air hopefully enough to reveal whatever the woman might have for feet (the fabric too heavy to reveal anything above the ankles, and it is not an updraft). "Nope, not in danger of cave-in."

The disturbance in the wind blows up the hem of her kimono, revealing... a small tornado. It detabilizes in the shifting atmosphere, and the woman seems to shrink by a foot as her feet finally touch the ground, followed quickly by her hands as she shoots them out to break her fall.

Ridai
2015-08-07, 10:25 AM
"Do the paw prints beside the street where the caravan passed happen to belong to you?" Bai Lan asks, neutral in her tone.

John Cribati
2015-08-08, 09:04 AM
"Do the paw prints beside the street where the caravan passed happen to belong to you?" Bai Lan asks, neutral in her tone.

"Yes." With a defeated sigh, she seats herself on the ground and starts struggling to remove the kimono. "Stupid bird man and his stupid corpse desecration fetish. I knew I shoulda pounced on him when I had the chance." She ends up hopelessly tangled in the over-large robe and, with a noise of frustration, a small sphere of slicing wind blades tears it apart.

Ridai
2015-08-08, 09:20 AM
Bai Lan squats down before the girl to be closer to eye level, arms resting on her knees. "I guess you were screwed over by your 'colleagues' judging by where you ended up. Care to tell us the whole story? You know, who's involved and why, how things went down, where birdy went, that sort of thing?" She also offers some water to the girl. They probably were stuck in there for a while.

John Cribati
2015-08-09, 06:31 PM
Bai Lan squats down before the girl to be closer to eye level, arms resting on her knees. "I guess you were screwed over by your 'colleagues' judging by where you ended up. Care to tell us the whole story? You know, who's involved and why, how things went down, where birdy went, that sort of thing?" She also offers some water to the girl. They probably were stuck in there for a while.

She grabs the canteen and downs about half of it in a single swig. "Not much to say really. Plan was simple, Earthbenders attack bandits, I snag back what they stole, run to this cave, hand it off to Feathers, he flies out, I get out, Earthbenders trap bandits. I only agreed because I wouldn't have to actually hurt anybody, but Feathers had this whole thing about destroying the bodies so the evil ones can't properly find rest in the Spirit World. Took him forever to get here so I could make the handoff, and it looked like the Earthbenders were on a tight schedule." She shrugs. "But yeah, sorry your buddies got roughed up, but I didn't do any of the roughing."

Ridai
2015-08-10, 01:09 AM
Bai Lan shakes her head. "I know, not blaming you. Seems like you got told something very different from us. The bandits were a caravan who were to transport very important objects that prevented a lot of harm, but could also do a lot of it in the wrong hands. So the evil ones weren't all that evil, sad to say. At least that's our side of the story and I'd be damned if I lied about it. And it looks like Birdie disposed of you once done, he seems like the wrong hands we're trying to keep the objects out of. Anything you can tell me about him would help a whole lot." She also hands the girl some jerky.

"I'm Bai Lan, pleasure to meetcha. What's your name?"

Starbin
2015-08-10, 07:39 AM
Tarruk simply watched the discussion, continuing to check for signs of either being watched, or if the young woman was lying. Were the bandits the ones with the object, or had the object already been stolen from the group? Why kill people instead of trapping them? This group obviously had the advantage, so it seems they could have easily overcome them.

At the comments about roughing up, he raised an eyebrow - it seemed there was only one survivor ... were there others? Or was the girl referring to the earthbenders that attacked the caravan?

Again, nothing specific to add, but still here

John Cribati
2015-08-13, 02:42 PM
Bai Lan shakes her head. "I know, not blaming you. Seems like you got told something very different from us. The bandits were a caravan who were to transport very important objects that prevented a lot of harm, but could also do a lot of it in the wrong hands. So the evil ones weren't all that evil, sad to say. At least that's our side of the story and I'd be damned if I lied about it. And it looks like Birdie disposed of you once done, he seems like the wrong hands we're trying to keep the objects out of. Anything you can tell me about him would help a whole lot." She also hands the girl some jerky.

"I'm Bai Lan, pleasure to meetcha. What's your name?"

"Tsumeshi. And I don't really have much information on Feathers. He just kind of showed up for the job. Though if you want to take his own word for it, the spirit that touched him is named Nikuya."

Ridai
2015-08-13, 03:36 PM
"Heya. Gonna be done riddling you with questions soon, promise. Can you tell me who hired you or organized this whole thing? Anything about the earthbenders that helped with this?"

Starbin
2015-08-14, 06:58 AM
Tarruk didn't recognize any of the names thus far, but that wasn't surprising. He was far from home and dealing with the spirit realm was something his sisters might have done - not him. Of course, didn't the airbender say something about spirits before? He nudged the man, nodding to the woman's mention of "Nikuya" ... hoping it led to something more than blank stares.

Letting Bai Lan do the interrogation, since it seems to suit her :smallsmile:

John Cribati
2015-08-16, 09:37 AM
"Heya. Gonna be done riddling you with questions soon, promise. Can you tell me who hired you or organized this whole thing? Anything about the earthbenders that helped with this?"

She shrugs. "I wish I knew more, to be honest. There was a Help Wanted posting in the village square, and we met with a "representative." Nobody bothered to learn names or histories. I think the Earthbenders might have been related to each other, bit that's it. I'm not even sure you can investigate the village, cuz he's probably already run off with whatever he wanted.

Ridai
2015-08-16, 10:07 AM
"Thanks for your help. Looks like we're fresh out of leads, so we might as well get someone to get the bodies."

cavalieredraghi
2015-08-16, 10:09 AM
So wonders to himself.

"It seems Strange that so many people are being touched by spirits these days. Can you tell me again Tsumeshi what direction did this man fly off to? I may be able to track him down faster then the others."

John Cribati
2015-08-16, 12:25 PM
So wonders to himself.

"It seems Strange that so many people are being touched by spirits these days. Can you tell me again Tsumeshi what direction did this man fly off to? I may be able to track him down faster then the others."

"The village is a few days' journey southeast of the mountains, but I'm not sure he'd stick around there too long."

"Thanks for your help. Looks like we're fresh out of leads, so we might as well get someone to get the bodies."

"You can seek out his patron spirit, probably. Maybe they keep a log book or something of all their humans."

Ridai
2015-08-16, 01:45 PM
"Worth a shot. Thanks again, Tsumeshi." Bai Lan smiles at the girl before turning to Tarruk. "We better double time it to the village. Sojourn's flying, I'll surf us there, so hold on real tight. Tsumeshi, if you need a ride, feel free to join." She directs him behind her and once she is certain he is actually holding on tight, the earth beneath them suddenly rises up a bit before they race off into the direction of the village, riding on the crest of an earth wave.

(Using Earth Surf twice per round for a total speed of 60mph)

cavalieredraghi
2015-08-16, 08:40 PM
"Agree'd!" Sojourn says, but instead of pulling out his glider, he circles his hands around him as he jumps. As he falls he lands into a wheel made of air. He pushes past Bai, as he zooms off at amazing speeds.

using AirCycle which if i am reading correctly is at power rank 6 which is 1800 ft/r which if i do it twice a round puts me at 240 MPH.

Starbin
2015-08-17, 07:43 AM
Tarruk nodded, wondering if letting the woman go her own way was the smartest idea. Of course, he didn't know another way of figuring out what she might be up to, or whether she was in fact telling the whole truth. Stepping forward, he let the earthbender take them quickly to their destination.

John Cribati
2015-08-28, 08:54 AM
They arrive back in Skyspire while the sun is still up. The village is more lively, at this time of day for some reason, and they decide to walk to the tavern rather than risk civilian injuries, Tsumeshi hops off of Sojourn's back, slightly dejected. He wasn't entirely sure about how she'd managed to catch up to him, but at least she was lighter than she looked- which was admittedly pretty darn light to begin with.

On the walk to the tavern, she prances about him excitedly, sometimes going down to all fours, a manic grin on her face. "That was fun! You've gotta show me how to do that! What temple do you hail from? I'm from the Western one, but I sorta got kicked out."

Ridai
2015-08-28, 09:14 AM
It is quickly becoming apparent that the village meant is Skyspire, and her hometown being where the hit was organized fills Bai Lan with a deep, cold anger.

"I'll go inform the old man about the caravan, then I'll come back to look for that patron spirit." As she goes to report about the caravan and where their bodies can be found and what they learned, Bai Lan considers the local spirits, who might aid vile people like that birdman, whether out of spite or more nefarious reasons.

(Not sure if I should or can roll anything for figuring things out)

cavalieredraghi
2015-08-28, 05:57 PM
They arrive back in Skyspire while the sun is still up. The village is more lively, at this time of day for some reason, and they decide to walk to the tavern rather than risk civilian injuries, Tsumeshi hops off of Sojourn's back, slightly dejected. He wasn't entirely sure about how she'd managed to catch up to him, but at least she was lighter than she looked- which was admittedly pretty darn light to begin with.

On the walk to the tavern, she prances about him excitedly, sometimes going down to all fours, a manic grin on her face. "That was fun! You've gotta show me how to do that! What temple do you hail from? I'm from the Western one, but I sorta got kicked out."

"You were from the Western Temple as well? My isn't that a surprise! You were an acolyte correct? I start off as one as well, till Master Goho singled me out for training." Sojourn was smiling wide. He did not mind Tsumeshi having caught up to him or that she hitched a ride. He has done the same from time to time to save energy after all. He was also overjoyed to have a fellow Westerner to talk to.

" I am sorry you were kicked out, recently left myself." He says truthfully.

John Cribati
2015-08-31, 04:30 PM
"You were from the Western Temple as well? My isn't that a surprise! You were an acolyte correct? I start off as one as well, till Master Goho singled me out for training." Sojourn was smiling wide. He did not mind Tsumeshi having caught up to him or that she hitched a ride. He has done the same from time to time to save energy after all. He was also overjoyed to have a fellow Westerner to talk to.

" I am sorry you were kicked out, recently left myself." He says truthfully.

"Wait, you're Goho's apprentice? I think I bumped into you a couple times before the whole..." She makes a gesture at her face, emphasizing her eyes, ears and whiskers. "Though to be honest, I wasn't officially kicked out so much as put on a forced sabbatical. It's my claws." She holds her paws up. "They don't retract, so my airbending comes out sharp if I don't concentrate. Apparently you only have to turn one airball into a whirling cyclone of doom before you get too dangerous and need to learn restraint stamped across your forehead. I mean, it's not like anyone died. Besides they were... probably able to reattach that girl's finger." She paws awkwardly at the dusty ground.

It is quickly becoming apparent that the village meant is Skyspire, and her hometown being where the hit was organized fills Bai Lan with a deep, cold anger.

"I'll go inform the old man about the caravan, then I'll come back to look for that patron spirit." As she goes to report about the caravan and where their bodies can be found and what they learned, Bai Lan considers the local spirits, who might aid vile people like that birdman, whether out of spite or more nefarious reasons.

(Not sure if I should or can roll anything for figuring things out)

In the hours that they had been away, the old man seems to have gotten the back room back in order, though he looks rather distressed before he catches Bai Lan's eye. His attempts at hiding it fall apart once he hears the news. "The involvement of at least three humans touched by spirits makes me think that our enemies might not only be humans. And what of this "Tsumeshi" character? What does she know?"

Ridai
2015-08-31, 04:41 PM
"Not much. She saw a job offer of sorts on the notice board and was hired to help. She was under the impression that there'd just be a theft and no violence or deaths, and that the caravan were actually criminals. The bird man apparently was quite sadistic. The orb was handed to the bird man and Tsumeshi was trapped behind a cave-in by her 'colleagues'. I'm trying to see if any local spirit might be the bird man's patron, get some answers."

John Cribati
2015-09-01, 02:03 PM
"Not much. She saw a job offer of sorts on the notice board and was hired to help. She was under the impression that there'd just be a theft and no violence or deaths, and that the caravan were actually criminals. The bird man apparently was quite sadistic. The orb was handed to the bird man and Tsumeshi was trapped behind a cave-in by her 'colleagues'. I'm trying to see if any local spirit might be the bird man's patron, get some answers."

"So it was planned, at least in part, close to here. Which makes sense. Especially considering that the crystal Tarruk brought here seems to have gone missing in all the ruckus."

Ridai
2015-09-01, 04:00 PM
Bai Lan sighs, putting her hands on her hips. "Great. So, got any idea where to start?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-09-01, 04:41 PM
"Wait, you're Goho's apprentice? I think I bumped into you a couple times before the whole..." She makes a gesture at her face, emphasizing her eyes, ears and whiskers. "Though to be honest, I wasn't officially kicked out so much as put on a forced sabbatical. It's my claws." She holds her paws up. "They don't retract, so my airbending comes out sharp if I don't concentrate. Apparently you only have to turn one airball into a whirling cyclone of doom before you get too dangerous and need to learn restraint stamped across your forehead. I mean, it's not like anyone died. Besides they were... probably able to reattach that girl's finger." She paws awkwardly at the dusty ground.

Sojourn can't help but blush a little when he has his attention drawn to her cat features. Though when she mentions everything else he focus is immediately pulled back.
"I wish I had gotten to know you better before you left. Though you may not have wanted to have known me. I was quite different back then. I left the Temple so I could find my inner peace. I still haven't found it."

Sojourn looks aside to his hand as they have etched the arrows of a master. His expression clearly ashamed.

"I don't deserve these not yet."

John Cribati
2015-09-03, 06:46 AM
Sojourn can't help but blush a little when he has his attention drawn to her cat features. Though when she mentions everything else he focus is immediately pulled back.
"I wish I had gotten to know you better before you left. Though you may not have wanted to have known me. I was quite different back then. I left the Temple so I could find my inner peace. I still haven't found it."

Sojourn looks aside to his hand as they have etched the arrows of a master. His expression clearly ashamed.

"I don't deserve these not yet."

"You cant have been that bad. I mean, the reason I even went out and found a spirit to touch me was so I would stop being 'that girl who's always tipping over.' But I don't remember you ever made fun of me. Even if it was because you thought I wasn't worth your time or something." She smiles crookedly, before getting distracted by the group of people heading down the street carrying instruments and wearing red and purple uniforms."Is that a band? C'mon, Let's go see 'em!"

She runs ahead without him in her excitement, following the group until they arrange themselves in front of a certain tavern.

Bai Lan sighs, putting her hands on her hips. "Great. So, got any idea where to start?"

"Probably with the one who attacked me, see how much information you can get out of him. Then see about whatever organized crime groups operate in the area. Then I suppose-"

He's interrupted as a deep, resonant tone played on a Tsungi horn wafts through the area, followed by the strumming of a pipa, accompanied by a set of small drums. They play a jaunty tune together, but the minor key brings an air of sadness to it. A fourth person begins to sing.

"Oh Bai Lan, You are the apple of my eye

Oh Bai Lan, I think I'd be your kind o' guy

Oh Bai Lan, if only I wasn't so shy

Oh Bai Lan I'd ask you to give me a try"

The old man tries to be diplomatic and ignore it, at least for the sake of avoiding embarrassment, but after the third or fourth tempo and key Cheney, he gives up, unable to hide a small smile. I.. suppose you should get out there and set things straight?"

Ridai
2015-09-04, 02:28 AM
Judging from Bai Lan's expression, she has the sudden craving to listen to the soothing sound of nails on chalkboard right now. Her mouth becomes a very thin, pressed line, eyes narrowing and her brow turning into a miniature mountain range. "Excuse me for a moment." With that, she lifts a foot.

Outside, the ground beneath the "minstrels" critiques their performance by launching them screaming into the air before they land piled in a cart of cabbages. Once the world has enough of practicing pirouettes, they look up to find themselves in the long shadow of a very not amused Bai Lan, eye twitching and each crack of her knuckles like an angry high-caliber gun shot. "You've got some real nerve to pull that sorta thing in my hometown, fellas," she snarls down at them.

Intimidate [roll0]

John Cribati
2015-09-04, 06:08 AM
"You've got some real nerve to pull that sorta thing in my hometown, fellas," she snarls down at them.

The color drains from the singer's face.

"N-no, you... I- please, we're just singing messengers, we didn't... our client just knew you frequented this place and... look, he asked us to sing this poem, okay?
"

He offers up a piece of parchment, which is snatched by a dark brown blur before anyone else can do anything.

Said blur slinks around Bai Lan's legs before settling on her broad shoulders.

"I didnt know you had a boyfriend, Bai Lan. Ooh, look at this, there's a second verse! Juicy..." Most likely for the sake of being annoying, she begins to sing it, slightly off-key to the way it was.

"Oh Bai Lan, your body's quite the work of art

Oh Bai Lan, you've got your hands around my heart

Oh Bai- "

Any sense of humor regarding this, though, disappears when she stops singing to say a few choice words that were obviously not learned at an Air Temple, then leans to whisper into Bai Lan's ear. "Whoever wrote this poem is the same person that wrote the job notice. The calligraphy is exactly the same."

Ridai
2015-09-04, 08:51 AM
Bai Lan tries to get the parchment out of Tsumeshi's paws to make the awful attempts at poetry stop, with Tsumeshi dancing between hands only grasping air as she singsongs. The whisper, however, makes her stop instantly. "What?!" The sudden shout in the catgirl's sensitive ears sending a shock rippling from head to toe and almost make her fall off Bai Lan's shoulders. "Enough is enough! I've had it up to here with that idiot! I'll punt him straight through the moon!" She kicks the bit of stone sticking out of the ground, sending it rapidly towards a nearby mountain, where the impact creates what looks from the town like a puff of snow.

The tall woman takes her anger and locks it inside, saving it for later. She turns to the minstrels, grabbing each one and lifting them out of the cart and putting them onto the ground, dusting (and cabbaging) them off. "Sorry folks, thought you were Black Ember goons. First time that meathead hired professionals for his verbal accidents, should've known when I heard nice music with terrible lines. So sorry." She gives them a once over to see if they are hurt (Skill Mastery Medicine), pointing them to her brother Denok to have them patched up and cared for, also giving them some money to do with as they please. "Please... don't work for crime bosses anymore, though. Total waste of your skills."

cavalieredraghi
2015-09-04, 04:08 PM
So was by Tsu side, when she shuddered and shrank away from Bai shouting he was by her side.

"Bai what is going on? Do you know who we are hunting?"

John Cribati
2015-09-06, 12:20 AM
"Nothing major. We just found out that Bai Lan's boyfriend is the one who set me up to rot in a cave. And likely has whatever doohickey you guys were after in the first place. AND also has bad handwriting."

cavalieredraghi
2015-09-06, 12:24 AM
"Interesting. So then i assume we are going to hunt whom ever this person is down? Would you like to help Tsumeshi?" So looks at his once peer and smiles warmly at her.

Ridai
2015-09-06, 05:56 AM
Bai Lan rolls her eyes at the "boyfriend" mention, biting back a retort. She turns to the minstrels. "Can you folks tell me who your client is and where to find him?"

John Cribati
2015-09-09, 09:05 PM
Bai Lan rolls her eyes at the "boyfriend" mention, biting back a retort. She turns to the minstrels. "Can you folks tell me who your client is and where to find him?"

"I wish I could, but he sent a proxy to request our service, and the payment was an affidavit from the bank."

"Interesting. So then i assume we are going to hunt whom ever this person is down? Would you like to help Tsumeshi?" So looks at his once peer and smiles warmly at her.

"You have to ask if I want to hunt down the bastard that set me up, and probably pluck a few feathers in the process? "

Ridai
2015-09-10, 06:01 AM
"Anything you can tell us about the proxy?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-09-10, 12:17 PM
"I was only trying to be polite." So was extremely happy to have Tsumeshi staying around a while onger.

"So then if we are looking for an crime boss, well then were may be the best place to start looking? "

John Cribati
2015-09-13, 07:51 AM
"Anything you can tell us about the proxy?"

"I... think it was a small young woman. It was hard to tell with the cloak, but the voice was high. And she... was unnerving, somehow. I can't really explain it. And she loved sweets. She had a lot of candy in her pockets, and probably ate half a pound of it in the two or three minutes we met."

Ridai
2015-09-13, 08:20 AM
"Where did you meet her?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-09-13, 01:33 PM
"A lot of candy? That sound very familiar?" So lowers his head as he tries to remember just were he remember such a woman.

[roll0]

John Cribati
2015-09-15, 11:54 PM
"Where did you meet her?"

"She came up to one of our groups performing in the village square. We don't really know where she went after."

"A lot of candy? That sound very familiar?" So lowers his head as he tries to remember just were he remember such a woman.

The notion of a mysterious cloaked figure doesn't register in So's mind at first, but then he remembers the girl he attempted to speak with at the tavern, and how much she loved the sweet drink he'd bought her. She had been wearing a cloak, and she also had a vaguely unpleasant aura about her.

cavalieredraghi
2015-09-16, 12:02 AM
So quickly went back to the tavern to see if she was still there.

John Cribati
2015-09-20, 07:22 AM
So quickly went back to the tavern to see if she was still there.

The minstrel stares off at Sojourn's retreating figure. "Is that normal for him...? Anyway, we still have a receipt for the affidavit. Maybe if you go to the bank and ask, they can tell you who the account belongs to?

Tsumeshi gives a snort. "You do that. And while they're telling you "No," I'll sneak back there and figure it out."

You don't see her anywhere in the bar, or sense her presence at all. Maybe someone else knows about her?

Ridai
2015-09-20, 07:38 AM
Having no other options, Bai Lan goes and asks about it.

cavalieredraghi
2015-09-22, 05:29 AM
So approaches the Bartender.

"Hey buddy, do you remember that woman I was with, do you happen to know where she went?"
So tries to ask with a sense of determination and persuasive charm.

[roll0]

John Cribati
2015-09-23, 08:19 PM
Having no other options, Bai Lan goes and asks about it.

The teller is a middle-aged woman, with a bored look across her wrinkled brow. "We're sorry, ma'am, but as a subsidiary of Earth Kingdom International Banking Systems, Skyspire's First has to follow their privacy policies. This means that without a warrant from a local governing body, a given client's personal information is withheld from the... general public. This includes, in some cases such as this one, their names. Now are there any other transactions you'd like to perform today?"

Through her Tremorsense, Bai Lan is able to pick up Tsumeshi, who has managed to find her way behind the counter, nodding a vigorous "yes."

So approaches the Bartender.

"Hey buddy, do you remember that woman I was with, do you happen to know where she went?"
So tries to ask with a sense of determination and persuasive charm.

"Maybe I did. What's it to you?"

cavalieredraghi
2015-09-23, 08:26 PM
"Well you see I left her rather urgently as I that mishap happened in the back room. I wanted to apologize for my rudeness." So being polite and proper would be a understandable thing thanks to his clear Monk background.

Persuade
[roll0]

Ridai
2015-09-24, 04:55 AM
Spirits, I hope Skyspire never will come even close to becoming a large town or above.

"Yeah, actually, I'd like to know how much money currently is in my account and then transfer a bit to my brother's account." Bai Lan answers the questions of the teller (or takes her time filling out the form) to buy Tsumeshi time, watching closely through her Tremorsense to know when she is done doing whatever it is she is doing.