PDA

View Full Version : MtG: YMTC challenge III: Johnny, Timmy or Spike?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-07-12, 07:46 PM
Just giving it deathtouch would also have been acceptable. :smalltongue: Given that all of the other assassinate effects are apparently sorcery-speed, this guy is a pretty big deal, and might end up with a higher cost by the time it's printed... but overall, yeah, it's nice. Though I'm not sure why it's a spirit, specifically.

Action Surge 2(w/g)
Instant - U
Untap each creature you control. Each creature untapped this way gets +1/+1 until end of turn.

Challenge! An aura with, "enchant noncreature permanent."

Bobb
2015-07-13, 02:56 AM
Not a bad combat trick at all.

Forceful Repossession 3RRR

Enchantment Aura C

Enchant noncreature permanent

You control enchanted permanent

Yes, you do have rights to this land by way of ancestry. You also have the right to a fireball in the face!-Jaya Balard

Challenge: Make another Red Counterspell

Zaydos
2015-07-13, 03:58 AM
Forceful Repossession 3RRR

Enchantment Aura C

Enchant noncreature permanent

You control enchanted permanent

Yes, you do have rights to this land by way of ancestry. You also have the right to a fireball in the face!-Jaya Balard

Should be uncommon at least, probably rare. Also really out of color for Red as red gets temporary control abilities and blue gets permanent (and occasionally temporary).

Challenge: Make another Red Counterspell

Essence Eruption RUU
Instant - U
Counter target spell and deal damage to its controller equal to the number of spells that have been cast this turn.
Every spell has power, even those which never come to fruition

alternatively

Stymieing Eruption R
Instant - U
As an additional cost to cast ~ sacrifice a mountain.
Counter target Blue or White spell and deal 2 damage to its controller.

Challenge: A Green and Gold cat.

Ninjaman
2015-07-13, 06:03 AM
First one is pretty cool, and fair compared to undermine, though wording should be "Essence Eruption deals damage to that spells controller equal to the number of spells cast this turn." Also the name doesn't sound UR.

That's a really cool card. The requirement to sack a mountain is a bit steep, but it seems really strong in an agressive red deck (counter siege rhinos anyone?)

What do you mean with green and gold?

Goldmane - 2GW
Creature - Cat - R
Vigilance
When goldmane enters the battlefield, you may shuffle target nonland permanent into it's owner's library.
2/2

Another gold card.

Gandariel
2015-07-14, 08:11 AM
It looks... too strong? The effect is basically exile. And on white /green. ..

Spellsword Sellsword RB
Creature - Human R
2, pay 4 life: Gain control of ~. Any player may use this ability at any time they could cast a sorcery.
4/3

Make a card named "Assemble!"

Zaydos
2015-07-14, 11:42 AM
Spellsword Sellsword RB
2, pay 4 life: Gain control of ~. Any player may use this ability at any time they could cast a sorcery.
4/3

It's powerful enough that it'll probably bounce once or twice slowing the game, good for denying enemies a turn 3 play if you don't have a good one yourself, turn 4 is when depending upon deck better creatures come out, though there's always removal. It's really good with sac engines since it becomes not worth stealing if you can react by saccing after the cost is paid. What's the rarity supposed to be?

Make a card named "Assemble!"

Assemble! GGGWWW
Sorcery MR
As an additional cost to cast this spell sacrifice a creature.
Reveal the top X cards of your library where X is the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost put all creatures revealed this way into play and put a +1/+1 counter on each creature put into play this turn.
Assemble! They cried as they fell, and gather their friends did with the force of the gods themselves.

Challenge: Charizard.

Gandariel
2015-07-14, 11:47 AM
It's powerful enough that it'll probably bounce once or twice slowing the game, good for denying enemies a turn 3 play if you don't have a good one yourself, turn 4 is when depending upon deck better creatures come out, though there's always removal. It's really good with sac engines since it becomes not worth stealing if you can react by saccing after the cost is paid. What's the rarity supposed to be?

The idea was, it's powerful enough that it'll be bounced a couple times.
So basically it forces both players to pay HP, which is good for your (aggro) RB deck.
Also, added rarity

ezkajii
2015-07-14, 11:54 AM
On the technical side, I think it should probably read "then put a +1/+1 counter..." instead of "and" but it may not really make a difference. Flavorwise, I'm not sure I really get it. Sort of a last-ditch call to arms thing? I don't think it probably needs to be quite that color-heavy, I think 2GGWW would probably be fine.

Charizard 8RRR
Creature - Dragon - MR
Flying, protection from red
Whenever Charizard blocks or becomes blocked by a monocolored green creature or a snow creature, Charizard gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is Charizard's power.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay RR. If you don't, tap Charizard.
10/12

Tried to translate Pokemon's energy-type mechanics as elegantly as I could. The upkeep ability is reflective of his disobedient nature in the TV show, and the power and toughness are references to his original printing in the Pokemon TCG (120HP and an attack for 100 damage).

Next Challenge: Another translation of a card from a different TCG into Magic formatting.

r2d2go
2015-07-14, 12:59 PM
Well, it's cool, and it's over the top. I would halve things - make it a 5/6, cost 6. I'd also consider giving it Firebreathing, or something of the like (heck, you could make it "RRRR - ~ gets +5/+0 until end of turn", to mimic the 4 energy cost). I dunno. As of right now it's kind of insane though, and not in a playable way.

Scapegoat 1G
Instant - U
Put four 0/1 green sheep tokens onto the battlefield under your control. They cannot be sacrificed.

Challenge: More sheep!

Jormengand
2015-07-14, 03:52 PM
Yu-gi-oh, we meet again. It's probably fine, though I worry about what might happen if you have an anthem that buffs, uh, sheep. Or more to the point, that buffs everything.

Sacred Ram 1W
Creature - Sheep R
Whenever a creature deals damage to Sacred Ram, exile that creature.
"There is one ram in the herd who is never to be touched by our hands. To do so is to sign your own death warrant."
- Kaja, Shepherd.
0/2

Something else to do with in-setting religion.

mystic1110
2015-07-15, 11:25 AM
Meti's Teachings W
Instant
Put target creature, with a converted mana cost of 3 or less, on the bottom of its owner's library. That creature's controller may scry 2, and then draw a card.
"To train with the sword, first master building a house. Once your house is built, you have no further need for a sword, since it is an ugly piece of metal and its adherents idiots" - Gospel of War and Peace

Make a card that has the word library in its rules text.

braveheart
2015-07-15, 01:03 PM
It's a form of removal, a bad one, but it will do something

The Unknowable Future 2R
Enchantment - R
Whenever a player looks at the top card of their library, they shuffle their library.
Whenever a card is placed on top of a player's library, they shuffle their library.
Whenever a card is placed on the bottom of a player's library, shuffle their library

Something with deck manipulation

Quiddle
2015-07-15, 03:15 PM
I like like your enchantment, the flavor seems cool. I think the wording could be a little simplified though. Something like whenever a card if placed on the top of a library shuffle that library. That way it doesn't break when someone plays a card that permanently reveals the top card.

Inflicted Chaos 1RR
Sorcery-R
target player exiles the top 15 cards of their library facedown then places their sideboard on top of their library in any order then shuffles their library.
"Look how useful your little toys are now"

Make a card that changes card types when it transforms.

edit: This card turns about 30% of your opponents draws into possible duds considering that that means it takes about 6 turns to deny them 2 cards its not much better then a blind discard spell.

Zaydos
2015-07-15, 03:28 PM
Inflicted Chaos 1RR
Sorcery
target player exiles the top 15 cards of their library facedown then places their sideboard on top of their library in any order then shuffles their library.
"Look how useful your little toys are now"

Gets odd with a lot of tournament formats. Sealed for example does not use a 15 card sideboard and your sideboard is all cards you didn't choose to use which is a fair amount and will be almost 100% useless and makes this a "you win now" card. Casual doesn't particularly use sideboards either making it awkward there. In constructed it might be ok, but runs into too many problems with other formats (2HG, Commander, Emperor though WotC doesn't really support that one).

Make a card that changes card types when it transforms.

Moss Prowler 3GG
Creature - Plant R
At the beginning of your upkeep if ~ has 4 or more +1/+1 counters on it transform it.
Whenever a creature you control attacks put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
2/2

---

Vital Moss
(green color indicator) Enchantment
Whenever you tap a land add G to your mana pool.
As long as you have at least 5 mana in your mana pool green creatures you control gain +2/+2 and trample.

Challenge: A vampire that is also a goblin, elf, angel, or kraken.

Ninjaman
2015-07-15, 03:29 PM
First off there is no reason to put the cards on top, you can just shuffle them into the deck. Second, Hole Batman and Robin, that card is insane. you will often turn a fourth of your opponent's cards into very suboptimal cards.

Viznar's Jar - 3
Artifact - M
Whenever there are twenty or less cards in your library, transform Viznar's Jar.
-----------------------
Viznar, King of Madness
(UB) Creature - Vampire Wizard - M
Whenever Viznar, King of Madness attacks, each player puts the top ten cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
If you would draw a card while your library has no cards in it, you win the game instead.
3/3

Another jar!

mystic1110
2015-07-15, 03:49 PM
It's a colorless lab maniac. . . essentially. Everything else is just disguising that fact. Sure it can mill you, but by the time it flips you don't really need that help, as you are probably playing a combo deck anyway. (If you mill to 0, it flips automatically - so it's just like maniac but without the need for blue)

Jar of Newt Tails 4
Artifact R
Whenever a lizard you control dies, put a Tail counter on Jar of Newt tails
T, Remove all tail counters from Jar of Newt Tails, target creature gets -X/-X, that creatures controller loses X life, you gain X life and you draw X cards, where X is the amount of counters removed this way.

#makinglizardtribalhappen

Create yet ANOTHER jar

ezkajii
2015-07-15, 03:59 PM
Moss Prowler/Vital Moss - I think it's quite on point. It's easily possible to get it to transform the same turn you put it on the field, and even if you do, that's not horribly broken. That said, it's still pretty great. I can see a lot of potential with this card, I'd love to run it.

Viznar's Jar/Viznar, King of Madness - That is one hell of a fast clock. Put that in any kind of delve deck, much less optimize around it, and it seems way too easy to reach that wincon. He does die to lightning bolt, which makes it a little more reasonable, but I worry it's too powerful overall.

Jar of Newt Tails - For all that you're getting for those counters, I think you should probably have to s ac the jar to activate it. It seems like a lot of unrelated effects.

I will attempt to fulfill Zaydos' challenge and both jar challenges.

Hungry Jar 4
Artifact Creature - Vampire Construct - R
Whenever Hungry Jar deals combat damage to a creature, put a blood counter on it.
When Hungry Jar has five or more blood counters on it, transform it.
It seeks to become alive, by draining that life from others.
3/3

Bloodborn Ascendant
[Black] Creature - Angel Vampire
Flying, lifelink
There is much spiritual energy in blood. Some remote cults are said to have achieved transcendance through ritual blood drinking.
9/9

Next Challenge: A multicolored artifact.

(I kept getting ninja'd)

Jormengand
2015-07-15, 04:05 PM
Given that 3/3 for 4 is about on-curve colourless, and the effect is potentially really powerful, I'd be wary of that. Then again, it's just R and a card away from being a pile of broken jar.

Anyway, here's my jar:

Soul Jar (W/B)
Artifact C
Extort
The jar is said to hold the souls of the damned. In truth, it holds but fragments, but even fragments of souls have power.

Next: Another 1-cost artifact.

braveheart
2015-07-15, 04:08 PM
___________wow triple ninjas_________

Moss prowler & vital moss are very good, I especially like the
floating mana buff

The jar is not very good until you crack it, then it gets too good, the idea is nice, but he should really be blue or black or both

Summoning Jar 3
Artifact Creature - Jar - MR
As an additional cost to cast ~ sacrifice a creature
GGGGT, sacrifice ~: put a 5/5 beast token with trample onto the battlefield under your control
WWWWT, sacrifice ~: put a 4/4 angel token with flying onto the battlefield under your control
UUUUT, sacrifice ~: put a 5/5 kraken token with islandwalk onto the battlefield under your control
BBBBT, sacrifice ~: put a 4/4 vampire token with lifelink onto the battlefield under your control
RRRRT, sacrifice ~: put 4 1/1 goblin tokens onto the battlefield under your control
If ~ dies, return it to the battlefield transformed

//

Prisoner of the Jar
Creature - Construct -M
indestructible
4/4

Something tricky at common rarity

Jormengand
2015-07-15, 04:32 PM
No P/T for the first form? Either way, though, the transform ability is pretty powerful.

Shifting Acolyte 4UP
Creature - Human Wizard C
Shift (Whenever Shifting Acolyte is targeted you may return it to your hand and put another creature with the same or lower converted mana cost onto the battlefield which then becomes the target instead. That card cannot Shift this turn.)
4/6

Challenge: 1-cost artifact.

mystic1110
2015-07-15, 04:47 PM
Just a rules note - Shift can "counter spells" because you can choose to return to your hand, and then "fail" to reveal and put down a creature - so their is no new target. I don't know if you intended that? Otherwise it looks really cool

Volcanic Ingot 1
Artifact U
Volcanic Ingot enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add {R} to your mana pool, Volcanic Ingot deals 2 damage to you.

Create a "mana dork"

Zaydos
2015-07-15, 04:57 PM
Volcanic Ingot 1
Artifact U
Volcanic Ingot enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add {R} to your mana pool, Volcanic Ingot deals 2 damage to you.

I'd drop the damage to 1 or let it enter untapped. As is it's too thoroughly outclassed by [guild] Signet or Fire Diamond neither of which are particularly good cards.

Create a "mana dork"

Sage of the Vines GG
Creature - Elf Druid R
T: Add G to your mana pool for each card you have drawn this turn.
0/2

Challenge: Zombie Druid.

Jormengand
2015-07-15, 04:59 PM
The full text of shift would probably specify that you have to reveal the creature you intend to put down first, or even put it down first.

It's... a decent uncommon. Sure.

For the record, I had to look up "Mana dork" and apparently quite a lot of veterans haven't heard the term either.

Magic Speck 0
Creature - Spirit R
Flying
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
0/1

Next: Another 0-cost.

Probably too powerful. I mean, G isn't great on card draw, but if you're running something like Dack Fayden in an URG deck, or Daretti in RG, it can get pretty strong.

Undying Servitor 2BG
Creature - Zombie Druid U
Land creatures you control have deathtouch.
He never forgot how to protect the lands: with deadly force.
2/3

Next: Something else which interacts with an unusual combination.

mystic1110
2015-07-15, 05:09 PM
I'd drop the damage to 1 or let it enter untapped. As is it's too thoroughly outclassed by [guild] Signet or Fire Diamond neither of which are particularly good cards.

I think there is a huge difference between 1 mana and 2 mana (3 mana by turn 2 versus 4 mana by turn 3)

Re: the zombie. . . that's actually a great build around me uncommon, but the set will have to have a couple of common land-creature effects for it to be worth it:

RE: challenge - what does that even mean? You mean creature type?

Here's the first ever Goblin Cleric

Pureflame Convert 1RW
Creature - Goblin Cleric U
When ~ enters the battlefield each Goblin you control must attack if able and has lifelink until end of turn.
2/2

Create a legendary card with a converted mana cost of 2

Jormengand
2015-07-15, 05:27 PM
Very goblinny. I like it.

Flames of Life WR
Enchantment R
Instant and sorcery spells you control have lifelink.

Next: Another 2-drop, but this time a planeswalker.

Quiddle
2015-07-15, 08:33 PM
Hmm seems fine, did you mean for it to be legendary?

Tibalt, Blight of Innistrad RR
Planeswalker-Tibalt M
+2: Up to two target creatures can't block this turn.
-3: Target player discards a card and takes 3 damage.
-6: Target player discards their hand and loses life equal to the number of cards put into the graveyard this way.
Starting Loyalty:2

Make a card with flash.

r2d2go
2015-07-15, 09:29 PM
Pretty dang strong. The +2 is worth 1 mana and a card or so on it's own, and the fact that it's +2 makes him significantly more durable than a +1 'walker. The -3 is worth around 2 and a card, while the ult... is actually weaker than the -3 in mono red a lot of the time. Huh. Still, you get there with only a couple +2's, so... I'd make this +1/-3/-5.

Nine Lives 2WW
Enchantment - Aura U
Flash
~ enters the battlefield with eight Life counters.
Remove a Life counter from ~: Regenerate enchanted creature.

Challenge: Something else with 8 counters. Or, something that regenerates. Bonus points for both.

Zaydos
2015-07-15, 10:13 PM
Nine Lives 2WW
Enchantment - Aura U
Flash
~ enters the battlefield with eight Life counters.
Remove a Life counter from ~: Regenerate enchanted creature.

Feels more Green than White. Other than that it's pretty neat, I'd not use it (even in my G/W just for fun Aura deck), but pretty neat.

Challenge: Something else with 8 counters. Or, something that regenerates. Bonus points for both.

Orochi Blood Hydra 3GGG
Creature - Hydra Snake R
~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter.
If ~ ever has more than 8 +1/+1 counters on it sacrifice it.
Double the +1/+1 counters on ~: Regenerate ~.
The blood of its forefather gives it power, and strikes it down if it ever strives to surpass him.
0/0

Challenge: A dancer.

Quiddle
2015-07-15, 10:35 PM
I like it. It can be really strong with a way to move counters around but also cost 6 to play. A solid green fatty.

Shadowdancer 4BB
Creature-Human Ninja R
Ninjutsu 3BB
When Shadowdancer deals combat damage to a player you may untap it and prevent all combat damage it would deal. Then put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of Shadowdancer except it's an Illusion in addition to its other types and it has "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it.".
5/4

Make a card with multiple modes.
edit:fixed

r2d2go
2015-07-15, 11:32 PM
...That whole ability is one sentence?! :smaltongue: run-on hilarity aside, it's pretty cool - it doesn't seem too powerful considering it's vanilla other than the duplication ability, but if you can get through without Ninjitsu, this will get quite insane quite quickly. I'm honestly unsure if this would break anything - I suppose if the format had a lot of evasion buffs, it would.

Karrthus' Command 1RBG
Sorcery - R
Choose Two:
Target player discards a card and loses 3 life.
Target creature gets +4/+2 and trample until end of turn.
Target creature gets -2/-2 for each creature in your graveyard until end of turn.
Put two 1/1 red, black and green Whelps onto the battlefield.

Challenge: Another Command. It doesn't have to be a choose two from four spell, but that'd be nice.

braveheart
2015-07-16, 04:08 PM
It should say whelp tokens, but otherwise as a whole it seems balanced enough

Sage's Command 3UUU
Instant - R
Choose 3:
-Draw a card
-Tap target creature, it doesn't untapped during it's controller's next upkeep
-counter target spell unless it's controller pays (2)
You may chooses any of the abilities up to 3 times

Something white

Zaydos
2015-07-16, 04:15 PM
Sage's Command UUUUUU
Instant - R
Choose 3:
-Draw a card
-Tap target creature, it doesn't untapped during it's controller's next upkeep
-counter target spell unless it's controller pays (2)
You may chooses any of the abilities up to 3 times

I'd say make it 3UUU maybe 2UUU. It's potentially stronger than cryptic which is itself on the broken side, but it's not enough stronger to be worth 2 CMC and fixing you on mono-blue absolutely. I like it, and it could be fun in a slower format, but in such a format it will often end up Counter target spell and draw a card for 6 mana (because soft counters can be gotten around).

I like it, however.

Something white

Pure Martyr 3WW
Creature - Human Priest U
When ~ dies put a 1/1 spirit token with flying and "Sacrifice this token: Regenerate each creature you control."
Sacrifice ~: Regenerate each creature you control.
0/1

Challenge: Final Fantasy.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-07-16, 06:03 PM
It seems like one of those cards that you open thinking, "ugh, lame," and then go on to get owned by it against all laws of logic and probability. I like it.

Blizzaga 3RR
Sorcery - R
Blizzaga deals 2 damage to each creature target opponent controls. If U was spent to cast it, tap those creatures and they don't untap during their controller's next untap step.

Challenge! A Moogle, or another flying, sapient mammal if need be.

Jormengand
2015-07-16, 06:39 PM
Heh, I like it.

Artemicon 2UU
Planeswalker - Artemicon MR
+1: Target creature is the colour of your choice until end of turn.
-3: Copy target instant or sorcery spell. (You don't choose new targets for the copy)
-9: Put a 9/9 blue lilty creature token called Elen Dok with protection from commons, uncommons and tokens onto the battlefield under your control.

Next: Another planeswalker.

r2d2go
2015-07-16, 10:22 PM
A quick Gatherer search shows that no non-un card references rarity (at least the words Common, Uncommon, Rare, Mythic Rare, and Rarity). That's not to say it's invalid, but it is very weird. In any case, the first ability does very little, the second is probably the only reason this is worth much, and the third takes hilariously long to reach. I'd say you could make the first ability +2 with no problem. Still, pretty cool.

Ajani Lifelocked 2WWW
Planeswalker - Ajani MR
+2 - Put an enchantment token with "Sacrifice this token - Target blocking creature gets +9/+9 until end of turn" onto the battlefield.
-4 - Put a 1/9 Cat token with Defender and Lifelink onto the battlefield.
-9 - You gain an emblem that says "Creatures you control have +2/+2 and "W - Regenerate.""

Challenge: Another card with three color weight. Bonus points if it's WWW.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-07-16, 10:58 PM
What about Rare-B-Gone (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=73968)?

Ajani is secretly an enchantment that reads, "Remove a charge counter from this thing: target blocking creature gets +9/+9 until end of turn." This, in turn, generally means that your opponent flat-out can't attack, at least not with creatures they value in any way. It's really the most valuable ability of the bunch; a good stockpile of those tokens is almost as good as the last emblem, and the emblem itself - while powerful - wouldn't be much more expensive than this on its own card. Something like +2/+2 would have sufficed for the first ability, I think. The middle ability could use some refinement, but the idea is nice: something with lifelink capable of blocking and taking advantage of the first ability if your board is empty. Though, I guess summoning tokens and buffing them is more Elspeth's thing. Hrmm.

Paradise Elite GWWW
Creature - Human Soldier Shaman R
Vigilance
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
5/5

Challenge! Make something that taps for mana, but also has some other ability.

Zaydos
2015-07-16, 11:05 PM
Paradise Elite GWWW
Creature - Human Soldier Shaman R
Vigilance
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
5/5

Feels awkwardly weighted towards White with a combination of abilities usually seen on something equally split.

Challenge! Make something that taps for mana, but also has some other ability.

Capacitor Golem 5
Artifact Creature - Golem U
Whenever you cast a sorcery or instant spell put a charge counter on ~.
T, Remove all charge counters from ~: Add X mana to your mana pool, where X is the number of charge counters removed from ~. Use this mana only to cast sorcery or instant spells.
T, Remove 3 charge counters from ~: Copy target instant or sorcery, you may choose new targets for this copy.
3/3

Challenge: Something which costs exactly GGG or RRR.

Quiddle
2015-07-17, 12:52 AM
I like your golem. I was thinking maybe it should start with some counters on it but it is just an uncommon. Good work.

Flame touched Treant {R/G}{R/G}{R/G}
creature-Treefolk R
Trample, Sunburst (This enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter on it for each color of mana spent to cast it.)
When Flame touched Treant enters the battlefield if R was used to cast it, creatures you control gain haste until the end of the turn. If G was used to cast it you may search your library for a forest and put it into play tapped.
6/2
make a card that references a book

Ninjaman
2015-07-17, 03:13 AM
In mono red a 5/1 haste trampler for three, that also gives your other guys haste is insanse. Also sunburts doesn't do that, you would need another keyword, but I do like the idea behind it.

Ruby Slippers - 1
Artifact - R
T: Put a charge counter on Ruby Slippers.
T, remove two charge counters from Ruby Slippers: Planeswalk.

Another card for planechase.

Lea Plath
2015-07-17, 03:57 AM
Good if you are off to see a wizard. Bad at not pissing off Wicked Witches. I like it though!

Late Arrival - 2WW
Enchantment
If a player would planeswalk, instead you may exile target creature you control, then planeswalk. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.

For the next person, make a sorcery that would trigger the spark off Gideon, Liliana or Jace in the style of Chandra's Ignition.

r2d2go
2015-07-17, 06:55 AM
It seems pretty strong. I haven't actually played Planechase, but since presumably you build your deck around capitalizing off your planes, it gives you control of that large part of the game (plus what's often a beneficial flicker) for 4. I'm not sure exactly how strong that is, but eh :smalltongue:

Jace's Ignition 1UU
Sorcery - R
Target players draws five cards. If ~ was cast from your hand, at the end of turn, they discard five cards.
Flashback 5UU.
Jace never realized the knowledge he had lost, until he had regained it.

Challenge: Something else with Flashback.

Jormengand
2015-07-17, 08:22 AM
Huh. Could be funny as a mill effect if your opponent's topdecking, and is also just a card with good value.

Ineffable Call 6WW
Sorcery - MR
Put a 4/4 legendary white, blue and purple angel god enchantment creature token with indestructible and flying called Amkii, the Ineffable onto the battlefield under your control.
Flashback 6UU
Otherworlder 6PP
Why won't it diiiiiiiiie!?

Thoughtcall 1U
Sorcery - R
Draw a card.
Flashback 2U
Otherworlder 2U (If this card is in exile, you can cast it for 2U.)

Next: Create another rare sorcery.

mystic1110
2015-07-17, 10:11 AM
Really don't like that mechanic - exile should stay exile and not turn into another graveyard. Also your card is comparable to Whispers of the Muse, but just a little more expensive (except for drawing 2 cards)

Hideous Calculus B
Sorcery R
Name three nonland cards. Target opponent chooses of those named cards. Search that player's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards with that name and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

(3 mana cheaper than Memoricide, but your opponent has so much choice in what you can get rid of so I think it balances)

Create another card that exiles.

ezkajii
2015-07-17, 10:15 AM
Seems roughly equivalent to Extirpate or Surgical Extraction. You don't get to look at their hand, but you're also not restricted to naming cards in their hand, so it balances out.

Barrier of Annihilation 2WW
Enchantment - Aura - R
Enchant creature
Whenever enchanted creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, exile that creature.

I hope it's not undercosted, I had it way more but I checked and Godsend is only 3 mana so....

Next Challenge: something UR

mystic1110
2015-07-17, 10:24 AM
Sort of think it's too expensive. Unless you put it on a vigilance card and get a good blocker, it's essentially a "can't be blocked" aura which usually costs one mana. Godsend at least gave a p/T pump

Weird Transformation 1UR
Instant R
Choose One:
The owner of target permanent shuffles it into his or her library
Counter Target Spel
Then that player shuffles their library and reveals the top card of his or her library. If it's a permanent card, he or she puts it onto the battlefield. Otherwise that player may cast it without paying its mana cost and as if it had flash.

(notice you have to shuffle first so no countering your own 0 mana spell to get the emrakul you wordly tutored their)

Another card with a choice

r2d2go
2015-07-17, 03:30 PM
Wait, so is the part after the list for both parts? If so, this is kind of bad - it's card disadvantage regardless and basically turns one card in their deck into another random card in their deck. Seeing as both halves without the drawback would be somewhat reasonable at the price, and the drawback is pretty serious, I'd say this could cost UR.

Flame-eater's Charm (U/G)(W/B)
Instant - U
Choose One:
Target creature gets +2/+2 and can block up to 2 additional creatures until end of turn.
Target creature or player gets Hexproof until end of turn.
Each creature target opponent controls gets -1/-1.
Players can't sacrifice creatures or discard cards until end of turn.

Edit: I changed it very significantly before seeing Zaydos' post - all I really remember is "counter target red spell" and "destroy target red creature".

Challenge: Another sideboard card - bonus points if it's against a very broad or common archetype (e.g. RDW) and doesn't reference a color, rather than more specific hate.

Zaydos
2015-07-17, 03:41 PM
Flame-eater's Charm (U/G)(W/B)
Instant - U
Choose One:
Target creature gets protection from red until end of turn.
Target creature gets +2/+2 for each red creature blocking it.
Counter target red spell.
Destroy target red creature.

Would work as UW or (U/W)(U/W) but doesn't really fit Green or Black at all. They don't do protection from red without good color, they don't counter red spells (Green occasionally counters Black, Blue, or pre-hexproof things hexproof stops, Black occasionally counters Green and White or soft counters). The pump is the only Green thing in there, and doesn't belong on a hybrid card. A hybrid card is supposed to have abilities shared between the hybrid colors, for this to work with the color pie it'd need a Green/Blue ability (hexproof, creature based draw, counter shenanigans) and a white/black ability (lifegain, protection from white, flying, etc). As it is it has a White or Blue ability, a... oddly specific Green plus Blue (but not Green or Blue) ability, a White or Blue ability, and a Blue ability that could pass for White outside of Modern, and could probably pass as Black for hybrid with Blue or White (but not for mixing with Green).

Challenge: Another sideboard card - bonus points if it's against a very broad or common archetype (e.g. RDW) and doesn't reference a color, rather than more specific hate.

Stymie U
Instant - U
Counter target spell with a converted mana cost of 1.
Scry 1.

Should help against a variety of weenie decks and their ilk (including plenty of variants of RDW) while there are always enough decks that rely more thoroughly on 2 drops that it isn't necessarily something to main board... or at least that's the hope.

Challenge: Something that lets you discard or exile cards from hand to pay for some or all of its mana cost, but can still be cast without discarding/exiling anything.

Jormengand
2015-07-17, 03:50 PM
As a CotP-lover, I hate it. Well done.

Cast Out 2PP
Sorcery - U
You can exile a card from your hand instead of paying Cast Out's mana cost.
Exile target creature.
Tasia pointed her finger and it was no more.

Next: A card with an interesting interaction with a planeswalker.

Quiddle
2015-07-17, 05:53 PM
Solid purple uncommon

A Moment's Rest 1WW
instant-R
Exile target permanent from the game, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.

Make an uncard

Jormengand
2015-07-17, 06:03 PM
See Flicker or Momentary Blink.

A Mile In Your Shoes 3UU
Enchantment - R (Un)
Players play with their hands revealed.
Players can cast spells in their opponents' hands but can't cast spells from their own hands.

Next: Another mirrored enchantment.

braveheart
2015-07-17, 11:50 PM
Interesting, and very
(Un), but if you built a deck with 4 of them and all lands, then mulligan until you have one in hand, you would be able to garentee your win if you made it to turn 5

Rift to the Void 2B
Enchantment-R
Whenever a player casts a noncreature spell, they may put a 1/1 colorless Voidling token with outcast(permanents with outcast cannot be exiled) onto the battlefield under their control

Protection from something unusual

Quiddle
2015-07-18, 12:47 AM
Step one: cast Rift to the Void
Step two: cast Decent into Madness
Step three: ??????
Step four: Profit

Progress Inhibitor UW
Enchantment - R
Permanents have protection from their owners.

make a noncreature

Lea Plath
2015-07-18, 06:37 AM
Seems fine. Play it with Nether Void for sure.

And why so vague! Say something more specific next time people!

Through the Veil - 3WG
Instant - Arcane
As an additional cast to cast this Through the Veil, reveal a spirit card from your hand.

Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card with the same name as the revealed card. Put that card onto the battlefield and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.

For the next person. Make an enchantment that transforms a creature or player

Jormengand
2015-07-18, 08:28 AM
So, what, just shove a Body of Jukai on the board for 5, just because?

Lead The Charge 3RRR
Enchantment - MR
You can attack as though you were a creature and have a power of 5 during your turn. You have vigilance. (You can attack as though you were a creature. If you're blocked, you deal 5 damage to the blocking creature and they do damage equal to their power to you. Otherwise, you do 5 damage to the defending player or planeswalker. You're still not a creature.)

Next: Something else which changes some function of a player.

r2d2go
2015-07-18, 10:57 AM
So... For 6 mana, you get a 5/(life) Vigilance Haste? Neat. I don't know if I'd use it, but neat.

Goblin Chaoscrafter 2UR
Creature - Goblin R
You can't cast spells from your hand while ~ is untapped.
XUR, T, Discard a card with CMC X - Exile cards from the top of your library until you reveal a spell. Cast that spell, then shuffle the other exiled cards into your library.
"This is going to be AMAZING!"
2/3

Challenge: Something else that prevents spells from being cast.

Zaydos
2015-07-18, 11:05 PM
Goblin Chaoscrafter 2UR
Creature - Goblin R
You can't cast spells from your hand while ~ is untapped.
XUR, T, Discard a card with CMC X - Exile cards from the top of your library until you reveal a spell. Cast that spell, then shuffle the other exiled cards into your library.
"This is going to be AMAZING!"
2/3

So tap and ditch a small/weak card for the hopes of something that's useful to you at the moment. As someone who loves possibility storm I think I like it, but it's stopping you from casting spells normally is kind of painful potentially more painful than it's worth to play it.

Challenge: Something else that prevents spells from being cast.

Gates of Blood 2BB
Enchantment - R
Players may not cast spells.
Pay 3 life: Exile Gates of Blood, return it to the battlefield at the end of the current phase or step under its owner's control. Any player may activate this ability.

Challenge: Something that moifies how lands tap for mana.

Ionbound
2015-07-18, 11:21 PM
Seems decent and interestingly black...Not sure how much else there is to say about it. As long as you have life to spare you can play which seems like a very Black ability, but...It seems really powerful for a four-mana enchantment. Not sure. I'd love to see it in play, though.

Permafrost-1BBB

Enchantment-U

Enchant Land

Enchanted Land doesn't untap during it's controller's untap phases.

Ice consumes all. Life, land...Even mana itself.

Challenge: Create something to do with the Moon.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-07-19, 12:34 AM
The effect is pretty cool. :smallcool:

This thing is probably better than Blight (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=159769), but unless your opponent was planning to recur the land or something, this isn't quite as good as actually destroying it. Of course, as land destruction is something they try not to let you do too much, 4 mana might be about right for this.

Moon-shard Adept 1U
Creature - Moonfolk Wizard C
Flying, Echo 1UU (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature entered the battlefield since your last upkeep, sacrifice it unless you pay its echo cost.)
When you pay Moon-shard Adept's Echo cost, return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.
2/2

Challenge! Some kind of non-Kamigawan Moonfolk. Could be fun!

r2d2go
2015-07-19, 11:43 AM
I like it! But is it really common level? It seems a little too complex, and maybe a little too strong, for that. Still, I'd really like it as an uncommon.

Moonchannel Mentor 2UU
Creature - Moonfolk R
U, T - Tap or untap another target permanent.
UU, T, Tap two untapped Moonfolk you control - Return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.
UUU, T, Tap five untapped Moonfolk you control - Shuffle target nonland permanent into its owner's library.
2/2

Challenge: Something else with three abilities. Bonus points if they're all activated abilities, and/or all tap something.

Jormengand
2015-07-19, 11:58 AM
Mm, I don't know how easy it is to get down 5 other moonfolk, but repeatable shuffle-removal for UUU and no cards concerns me slightly. It's probably fine, though.

Jace, the Waveseer 3UU
Planeswalker - Jace MR
+1: Tap target permanent.
-3: For each permanent target player controls, you may tap or untap it.
-9: Tap each permanent target player controls. They don't untap. (Ever)

Next: Another planeswalker, but with another type (Planeswalker creature? Planeswalker land?)

1pwny
2015-07-19, 09:30 PM
It seems very Blue but not very Jace. I would just re-name it as some random new Blue planeswalker, tbh.

Zelretch the Kaliedoscope - 5BPP
Legendary Planeswalker Creature - Zelretch (MR)
Otherworlder 0
0: Exile ~.
-2: Remove target permanent from the game. No, that does not mean exiling.
3 (starting loyalty counters)

Sacrifice a creature: ~ gains +3/+3 until end of turn. Put 1loyalty counter on ~. Activate only once per turn.
5/5

Make something regarding the friendzone.

r2d2go
2015-07-20, 01:46 AM
It's not entirely uninteresting, but there's some problems. One, when you use a non-official ability, it's a good idea to remind people what it does. Two, in order to differentiate reminder text (i.e. "No, that does not mean exiling"), it goes in italic parens. (Like this). Three, doesn't do much. You can sac two guys to exile once a turn, or exile every other turn, and otherwise get a big, vanilla guy (but not even bigger than CMC/CMC). That's not worth 8, IMO.

Also of note is that Exiling used to be literally called "remove from game".

Friendzone 4WW
Enchantment - R
When ~ enters the battlefield, put Friend counters on any number of target creatures.
Whenever a creature would deal damage to a creature with a Friend counter, instead, both creatures +0/+1 until end of turn.

Challenge: Something else that makes friends. Or, something else that grants a buff.

Jormengand
2015-07-20, 07:51 AM
Should be a World :smalltongue: But seriously, that's pretty powerful: it basically gives all of your creatures -1/+1 and protection from creatures when blocking or being blocked.

Circle of Friends 3WP
Enchantment - R
Creatures lose Changeling.
Creatures you control get +1/+1 for each creature subtype among creatures you control.
It's our differences that make us strong.

Next: Another card which encourages the user not to run a specific deck archetype (in this case, tribal).

Lea Plath
2015-07-21, 07:05 AM
Damnit Jor, I can't make my idea now cause you stole it! Damn you! Fist shakes. Swearing of eternal enmity etc (<3 you really)

Eye-Blight Healer WBG
Creature - Elf Cleric
Flash
When Eye-Blight Healer enters the battlefield, regenerate each none elf creature you control
Once the personal physician of Nath, she left the Gilt-Leaf woods to help those less fortunate and beautiful
2/3
(So basically it is an elf you don't want to run in elves)

For the next person, make a card linked to the Thoughtweft.

Jormengand
2015-07-21, 07:36 AM
If I didn't have to splash green for it, I'd run it in my human tribal deck, so I'm not sure how well it fits the challenge, but... sure, it's cool.

Minds as One 2WW
Enchantment MR
You and your allies can look at each other's hands. You and your allies can cast spells that their allies control.
Don't you understand? We're all the same, really. We just use that to our advantage more than you do.

Next: A colourless non-artifact non-creature.

ezkajii
2015-07-21, 01:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this basically just lets you use your teammate's mana in a two-headed giant game? It doesn't seem like it's really that valuable, at least for a 4-mana mythic. If there's some other interaction I'm not seeing maybe it's better.

Universal Compatibility 5
Enchantment - R
Artifact creatures you control which do not have modular gain modular in an amount equal to their printed power or toughness, whichever is higher, and a base power and toughness of 0/0.

Next challenge: A colorless instant.

Jormengand
2015-07-21, 02:07 PM
Well, unfortunately, it will kill any artifact creatures that are already on the battlefield when it comes in, so it's not great.

Let's try this again:

Close Counter 4
Instant - R
Counter target spell.
Coloursickness - if you didn't spend U to cast Close Counter, put that card in its owner's hand rather than their graveyard.

Next: Something which gives your opponent something they don't want.

braveheart
2015-07-21, 04:21 PM
A colorless counter is a bad idea, but this is a pretty good way to handle it

The Gift of Pain 2BB
Sorcery - R
Put 2 1/1 zombie tokens with "at the beginning of your upkeep lose 1 life" and "when this creature leaves the battlefield lose 2 life" onto the battlefield under target player's control

Make another gift card

Jormengand
2015-07-21, 04:28 PM
Kinda what I expected. So, sure.

The Gift of Nightmares 3PP
Sorcery - R
Target opponent gets 7 sorcery sigils costing 3 called Nightmare with "Nightmare can't be discarded." (But they can be cast; they just don't do anything and leave the game when they're not in a hand or the stack)
Don't try to handle too much at once. That's the mistake: overestimating what you can do.

Next: Another card which does something (in this case, forces opponents to discard) without actually saying it does that.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-07-21, 04:53 PM
A colorless counter is a bad idea, but this is a pretty good way to handle it

The Gift of Pain 2BB
Sorcery - R
Put 2 1/1 zombie tokens with "at the beginning of your upkeep lose 1 life" and "when this creature leaves the battlefield lose 2 life" onto the battlefield under target player's control

Make another gift card

This card is fun, so the idea meets my approval. Whether it's actually powerful or valuable, on the other hand, is kind of unclear to me. I expect that it'll usually end up doming your opponent for about six life, which is hard to do this efficiently outside of mono-red, so some five-turn-kill deck out there might try it.

I have two versions of the idea, and I'm wondering which is better:

Hush Money UU
Instant - R
Choose target nonland permanent you control. Counter target spell. If you do, that spell's controller may gain control of the chosen permanent.

Hush Money UU
Instant - R
Counter target spell. That spell's controller puts two colorless artifact tokens named Gold onto the battlefield. Those tokens have, "sacrifice this artifact: add one mana of any color to your mana pool."

Challenge! Make a three-drop.

mystic1110
2015-07-21, 05:09 PM
Version 1 is more interesting I think - but I think it's too week. I know hard counters "must" cost UU, but with a draw back like that I wouldn't mind if you gave it a cost of U (even hard to combo with bad stuff because your opponent will need to walk into the combo). Version 2 seems pretty balanced to me.

Fetid Scoundrel 2B
Creature - Human Rogue C
Infamous 1 (When this creature deals combat damage to a player, if it isn't Infamous, put a -1/-1 counter on it and it becomes Infamous.)
If Fetid Scoundrel is Infamous, it has Deathtouch.
"A rat with nothing left, fights back the hardest"
3/2

A play on renowned - 3/2 for a black common at 2B is pretty good - but it will become a 2/1 if it deal damage - however at that point it becomes more deadly.

Create a creature with Infamous OR Renowned

1pwny
2015-07-21, 07:40 PM
As you said, a 3/2 for 2B is pretty good for a black common, and that's before the entire Infamous effect. I would probably make it an uncommon.

Knight's Squire 2W
Creature - Human Knight C
Renowned 2 (when this creature deals damage to a player, if it isn't Renowned, put 2 +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes Renowned)
While Knight's Squire isn't Renowned, it has Exalted.
"A squire only helps until he becomes strong enough on his own" - Belzak, Knight Captain
1/2

Make another Knight or Soldier.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-07-21, 09:59 PM
It's... well, I guess it's fine in terms of doing what you wanted it to do. Attacking with it and hitting makes it better at attacking or blocking in general, but worse at supporting the big flier you'll eventually play, because now he fights on his own terms, dangit. It feels kind of odd to have a drawback at all, though...

Pounce de León 2WG
Legendary Creature - Cat Knight MR
Provoke (When this creature attacks, you may choose target creature defending player controls. That creature blocks this creature this turn if able.)
First Strike (This creature deals combat damage before creatures without first strike.)
4/5

Challenge! Make another creature with a, "job," type that it would usually have no business having.

ezkajii
2015-07-22, 02:12 PM
Okay, first of all you get double points on everything for the pun. That's fantastic. For the card itself, I think it's totally reasonable, though I think I might prefer it at rare either without provoke or as a 4/4. As it is, I think it's totally reasonable.

Priest of Eternal Slime 2GB
Creature - Ooze Cleric - R
Ooze creatures you control have "GB: Regenerate this creature."
Whenever an Ooze creature you control dies, put X 1/1 black and green Ooze creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X equals its toughness.
1/2

Next up: Another unsual class/creature pairing.

Zaydos
2015-07-22, 02:29 PM
Priest of Eternal Slime 2GB
Creature - Ooze Cleric - R
Ooze creatures you control have "GB: Regenerate this creature."
Whenever an Ooze creature you control dies, put X 1/1 black and green Ooze creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X equals its toughness.
1/2

Should be non-token to you from saccing a token to get a token to sac a token and get a token and the like.

Next up: Another unsual class/creature pairing.

Etherium-Weaver Spider 2(W/B)GU
Artifact Creature - Spider Artificer R
Reach
At the beginning of your upkeep put a charge counter on ~ and then assembles a contraption named etherium-web with "Sacrifice this contraption: add 1 to your mana pool" for each charge counter on ~.
2/4

Challenge: Make something yellow.

Jormengand
2015-07-22, 04:32 PM
That's... quite powerful. It's like a strictly better cumulative upkeep: add 1 to your mana pool.

I'm going to assume you mean physically yellow because I don't want the colour police (you know who you are) murdering me in my sleep.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/4i0axh.jpg

But then, that would be cheating.

Sun Resplendent WWWWWW
Enchantment - R
White creatures get +3/+3 and lifelink.

Next: Another global enchantment that probably mainly helps you.

1pwny
2015-07-22, 07:58 PM
You'd probably only play it in a mono-white deck, so a 5-drop for +3/+3 and lifelink to everything is understandable. Hmmm.... I almost want to drop it to 1WWWW and keep the effect the same, but.... hmmm...... all in all, good card. I might use it.

Mechanical Oversoul 10
Enchantment Artifact [R]
Affinity for Artifacts (~ costs 1 less for every Artifact you control)
Convoke (as you cast ~, you may tap any number of creatures. Each one you tap pays for 1 of ~'s mana cost)
Artifact Creatures gain +1/+1 for each other Artifact Creature its controller controls.
At first, we could handle the sporadic myr assault. Then they started communicating, and it all it the fan.

Yes, I know its basically a (probably overcosted) version of Coat of Arms, but with Artifact Lands, Memnites, Frogmites and all those good Artifact spam, I figured this actually has some use.

Challenge: Something else with artifacts.

Jormengand
2015-07-22, 08:53 PM
The only problem I see is that if you drop lots of 0-cost artifact creatures, you can quite possibly have this up on turn 2, which is not going to be fun for your opponent when they realise that they're surrounded by 6/6 memnites and 5/7 thopters.

Core Overload 2RR
Sorcery - U
As an additional cost to cast Core Overload, sacrifice an artifact.
Core Overload does X damage to each creature, where X is the sacrificed artifact's converted mana cost.

Next: More CMC matters.

Zaydos
2015-07-22, 09:51 PM
Core Overload 2RR
Sorcery - U
As an additional cost to cast Core Overload, sacrifice an artifact.
Core Overload does X damage to each creature, where X is the sacrificed artifact's converted mana cost.

Could probably cost 1R or RR. Compare pyroclasm (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=373365), and Blasphemous Act (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=389443) which typically costs ~5 mana, and even Mizzium Mortars which is 4 to each your opponent controls for only 6. It's a neat idea, but as is it's overcosted (even compare the similar Shrapnel Blast (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=383380) which gives you what was then a 5 drop sorcery at instant speed for 2 + a sacced artifact).

Next: More CMC matters.

Sacrifice the Mighty 2B
Enchantment - R
At the beginning of each player's upkeep phase if they control the creature with the highest CMC they must sacrifice it. If they do so they draw two cards and then discard one.
Suffer not the tyrant to live, but offer him to the gods below so that we may feast upon their bounty.

Challenge: Something else involving human sacrifice.

r2d2go
2015-07-24, 12:32 PM
Not sure why you wanted it to be draw-discard, but I think it'd be fine at draw two. As-is, it's very strong with black weenies (as either you get to kill your opponent's big guy, or draw at the lower cost of your small guys), or W/B token. It could probably do to cost more or trigger less often (3B or at the beginning of each turn, maybe).

Six-horn Skullseer BR
Creature - Minotaur Shaman R
T, Sacrifice a creature - Draw three cards, then discard two. If the creature was a minotaur, target player draws two cards, then discards three at random.
2/2

Challenge: Another minotaur.

Jormengand
2015-07-24, 02:48 PM
It's... weird? I mean, it's just a slightly odd shuffle engine, so I guess it works?

Sacred Cow 4WWWW
Creature - Minotaur Cleric MR
Whenever a creature deals damage to Sacred Cow, exile that creature.
4/6

Next: Another creature with a weak body for its cost but an ability to make up for it.

1pwny
2015-07-24, 04:55 PM
Feels a little underpowered for an 8-drop MR. I mean, it has low power for that late game, so it's probs just gonna block. And Blue/White have flying, Red has swarm + intimidate, Black has Doom Blade, and Purple is weird. So it won't block all that great, either.

Divine Shield 4WW
Legendary Creature - Wall R
~ can't be countered.
Defender, Reach
Shroud
Isolation (this card is unaffected by effects using "all", "each", etc.)
0/8

Make a reference to another TCG

Zaydos
2015-07-24, 05:11 PM
Divine Shield 4WW
Legendary Creature - Wall R
~ can't be countered.
Defender, Reach
Shroud
Isolation (this card is unaffected by effects using "all", "each", etc.)
0/8

So a 6 drop rare which pretty much just says "I am interaction proof". It stops 1 attack/round from something 7 power or less. I think I'd prefer it as indestructible and with a lower toughness (say 4 or 5) so it'd stop even the big boys unless they have a means of evasion other than flight (Intimidate, Menace, Trample, cannot be blocked, shadow) but it's fine as is.

Make a reference to another TCG

Dark Magician 3B
Creature - Human Wizard MR
As an additional cost to play ~ sacrifice 2 creatures.
Provoke (Whenever this creature attacks, you may have target creature defending player controls untap and block it if able.)
6/6

Challenge: Make a dog.

Jormengand
2015-07-24, 05:18 PM
Oh, look, it's Dark Magician. Well, I'm not sure it's worth two sacs, but I guess it's okay.

Nightmare Hound 2BP
Creature - Dog R
Dream - Nonattacking tapped creatures get -1/-1.
4/3

Next: Something else with Dream (an effect on nonattacking tapped creatures) or another way of representing sleep.

mystic1110
2015-07-24, 06:06 PM
four mana gets you nights of soul betrayal - this is 4 mana gets you a comparable ability and a non-legendary 4/3 . . might have to make it cost more though...

Sleepless Vigil 1W
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchant Creature
Enchanted Creature has "Dream - Nonattacking tapped creatures may be assigned to block attacking creatures."

Create another Aura

Zaydos
2015-07-24, 06:19 PM
Sleepless Vigil 1W
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchant Creature
Enchanted Creature has "Dream - Nonattacking tapped creatures may be assigned to block attacking creatures."

It's odd to have a global effect like that on an aura which has no relevance to the creatures itself (not unheard of, though the magemarks which had a global effect only affected enchanted creatures), and weird again to have it specify nonattacking tapped creatures when it could just say "tapped creatures may be assigned to block as if they were untapped" or some such. Also it's 2 mana to allow you to swing all out and still have blockers, sure it's symmetrical but it still feels too cheap for that effect. Normally because an aura is easier to remove it'd make it weaker, but here it gives you a way to easily remove the effect (a sac engine) before you do a big swing.

Create another Aura

Champion of the Conclave 2GGWW
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchant Creature
As long as enchanted creature is untapped and not attacking all other creatures you control gain +X/+Y where X is the enchanted creature's power and Y is the enchanted creature's toughness.
The strength of one is the strength of many

(figured it was stronger than Collective Blessing but much more vulnerable and required more set up)

Challenge: An Aura that does not enchant a creature.

r2d2go
2015-07-24, 11:10 PM
I'd say that's fair. Costs one more than Overwhelming Stampede, much like Collective Blessing costs one more than Overrun, and this one has the added penalty that you don't get to swing with a doubled-size guy.

Analytic Arena WUB
Enchantment - R
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose one:
Draw a card and lose 2 life.
Sacrifice a creature or artifact and gain 5 life.
Discard a card and put two 0/1 artifact creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Efficient, but uncontrolled. Improved design impending.

Challenge: Another card that's an existing card, but you add colors and flexibility. This one's Phyrexian Arena (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=209132). Alternatively, another card that feeds into itself, like this or Trading Post (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=389725). Bonus points for both.

Ninjaman
2015-07-25, 03:30 AM
I really like it, it seems both fair and good.

Momath Monstrosity - 3BG
Creature - Fungus Horror - M
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, put a 1/1 green saproling creature token onto the battlefield.
Sacrifice a creature: Draw a and lose 1 life.
3/4

Another fungus, or another horror, or both.

@Vno (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=378491) to the landfall

1pwny
2015-07-25, 12:16 PM
A few minor edits: make the first ability use Landfall, and specify that you're drawing cards. It's a good card, but I might bump it down to a Rare.

Tree Moss G
Creature - Fungus [R]
G, equip ~ to target Forest: Whenever you tap that Forest for mana add G to your mana pool. Activate only as a sorcery.
G: If this card is equipped to a Forest, unequip it.
While this card is equipped to a land, it is treated as an enchantment.
0/1

Is "equip" proper terminology here?

Challenge: Non-red burn.

Jormengand
2015-07-25, 01:45 PM
It needs to be an enchantment so you can use bestow on it. Or an artifact - fortification, but that gets odd because you'd have to stop it being a creature. Also, why is it ever treated as a sorcery?

Flaming Hammer 3
Sorcery - U
Flaming Hammer deals 5 damage to target creature or player.
Coloursickness - If you didn't spend R to cast Flaming Hammer, it deals 5 damage to you.

Next: Something that involves players.

Zaydos
2015-07-25, 02:07 PM
It needs to be an enchantment so you can use bestow on it. Or an artifact - fortification, but that gets odd because you'd have to stop it being a creature. Also, why is it ever treated as a sorcery?

Flaming Hammer 3
Sorcery - U
Flaming Hammer deals 5 damage to target creature or player.
Coloursickness - If you didn't spend R to cast Flaming Hammer, it deals 5 damage to you.

Why can I get a normally 5 mana effect for 2R? This is not in keeping with actual cards with an equivalent effect. If it was creature only you could possibly get away with it, with a less severe colorsickness even. Either that or throw on a sacrifice a creature effect.

Next: Something that involves players.

World without Dreams 2U
Enchantment R
Each player skips their draw step unless they do one of the following:
Pay X mana where X is the number of cards in their hand
Discard 2 cards.

Challenge: A Green combat trick that does not involve deathtouch.

Ninjaman
2015-07-25, 02:42 PM
I think correct wording would be "Each player skips his or her draw step. Any player may pay X mana, where X is the number of cards in his or her hand, or discard 2 cards to ignore this effect this turn." (until end of turn?)

Might of Ancients - 1G
Instant - U
As an additional cost to cast Might of Ancients, return a land you control to it's owner's hand.
Target creature gets +4/+4 and gets trample until end of turn.

Another combat trick.

Jormengand
2015-07-25, 03:03 PM
Oh no, a less conditional brimstone volley with rarity shift! What shall we do! Thunderous Wrath miracles for R. Other cards which deal 5 damage to something for 5 mana tend to have a rider like "And the damage can't be prevented", "If 4 or more creatures are attacking you may pay 1W instead", "Shuffle ~ into its owner's library", "Deals 5 damage to each opponent", "If it's your turn, scry 2" (This one's only 1RRR and can hit walkers rather than players).

World Without Dreams is going to combo really well with anything that skips your draw step (colfenor's plans, dragon appeasement, molten firebird, null profusion, psychic possession are all legal in modern) and basically reads "Annoy each opponent." Not fun.

Might of ancients is... fine, but not amazingly exciting.

Self-defence 3WR
Instant R
Target player or planeswalker gets Warleader (They can attack and deal damage in combat like a creature. If they're a player, they have vigilance), +4/+0, and first strike until end of turn.
"We don't know what happened. Gabrael looked just like any old man, then he pulled out one of those funny swords they wield and chopped half our heads off without a word."
- Kara, Zelb assassin.

Next: Another card that buffs planeswalkers.

1pwny
2015-07-25, 03:20 PM
Uh.... the fact that you have to give the player Vigilance kind of implies that players can tap. Wait a second, I'm imagining this.

Player: I attack because I gave myself Warleader.
Opponent: Okay, you become tapped.
Player: *Rolls over onto side* Does this count?

Kinda Hearthstone-y in terms of actual effect. I like it, but it doesn't seem Magic-y enough, if you can parse what I'm saying.

Renewing Loyalty 4W
Enchantment - Aura [R]
Enchant target Planeswalker.
Whenever enchanted Planeswalker uses an ability that uses up loyalty counters, place 1 loyalty counter on to it after the effect resolves. If the Planeswalker would be destroyed, it still is.

Challenge: Something else involving planeswalkers or players.

Zaydos
2015-07-25, 03:31 PM
Renewing Loyalty 4W
Enchantment - Aura [R]
Enchant target Planeswalker.
Whenever enchanted Planeswalker uses an ability that uses up loyalty counters, place 1 loyalty counter on to it after the effect resolves. If the Planeswalker would be destroyed, it still is.

Conceptually I really like it. I'd have to look over a lot of planeswalkers to determine if it's worth the mana, my gut says it ought to be a little less, but I've not played with the expensive (in $) planeswalkers much. Wording might be off.

Challenge: Something else involving planeswalkers or players.

Garruk's Hunting Hound 2GG
Creature - U
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player you may put 1 loyalty counter on target Green planeswalker.
4/4

Challenge: Something you'd use against a deck which uses a lot of creatures with Trample.

Jormengand
2015-07-25, 03:33 PM
The reason that players with warleader have vigilance is specifically so they can't tap. :smalltongue:

Anyway, apart from templating (the last bit should be reminder, you don't "Use up" counters, etc.) it's probably okay, but a bit boring.

Anyway, given what you've said about Hearthstone:

Fiery War Axe 2
Artifact R
When Fiery War Axe enters the battlefield, put 2 durability counters on it.
T, remove a durability counter from Fiery War Axe: You get Warleader 3 until end of turn (You can attack as though you were a creature with power 3 but you don't have to tap. Multiple instances of warleader stack)
During times of tranquility and harmony, this weapon was called by its less popular name, Chilly Peace Axe.

Yeah, decided to change the templating of Warleader a little. "+X/+0" implies you have a toughness, which you don't.

Next: Another weapon that's not actually an equipment.

EDIT: Was ninja'd, but also ninja'd someone. So we can pretend this never happened.

Ninjaman
2015-07-25, 03:33 PM
It is way too pricey and the wording is off. "Whenever one or more loyalty counters is removed from enchanted planeswalker as a cost, put a loyalty counter on it."

That is a really open challenge.

Lifgit, the Flamebringer - 1RR
Legendary Creature - Devil - R
When Lifgit, the Flamebringer enters the battlefield, you may have it deal 3 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
3/2

Another Devil

Jormengand
2015-07-25, 03:55 PM
Given how good bolt is, and given that 3 damage to a planeswalker is almost certainly better than 3 to a player, I'd worry that it's underpriced.

Director Lee 3UB
Legendary Creature - Devil R
When Director Lee enters the battlefield, put a legendary 4/2 red and black demon creature token called Director Cedrik and a 3/3 black yugaloth creature token called Director Nero onto the battlefield under your control.
2/4

Next: Someone else who's actually four (or more, or two or three) blokes.

r2d2go
2015-07-25, 05:03 PM
Man, 10/8 of stats for 5. The sad part is it's probably not even overpowered. Strong in some cases, sure, but being vanilla stats, it's not so bad. Kind of interesting to think about.

Scorpio, Heartrock Firebrand 3WWR
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier R
Battlecry
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a 2/1 white soldier token with First Strike and Lifelink, a 1/4 white soldier token with Defender, and a 3/1 red soldier token with haste onto the battlefield.
Local heroes, but heroes nonetheless.
2/2

Challenge: A guy who works alone.

Zaydos
2015-07-25, 05:15 PM
Scorpio, Heartrock Firebrand 3WWR
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier R
Battlecry
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a 2/1 white soldier token with First Strike and Lifelink, a 1/4 white soldier token with Defender, and a 3/1 red soldier token with haste onto the battlefield.
Local heroes, but heroes nonetheless.
2/2

This is weaker than the one you said was probably not overpowered and harder to play. It's pretty reasonable, though, if on the weak side (9 power attack +1/creature you had without him). There are ways to use it (flicker), especially in a long game, but could go without being legendary (compare Trostani's Summoner).

Challenge: A guy who works alone.

Lone Hunter 1GR
Creature - Human Warrior R
~ enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter on it for each other creature you control.
~'s power and toughness equal the number of creatures controlled by your opponent with the most creatures plus 1.
*+1/*+1

Challenge: Something you'd use against a deck which uses a lot of creatures with Trample.

Jormengand
2015-07-25, 05:30 PM
It was also meant to be 2/4, so total 9/9.

It's... okay. I mean, it is really vulnerable to red wipes, and it costs a lot for what it does, but it's probably all right.

It's... pretty odd. I mean, it's fine, but there's nothing to stop you playing him as a 3-drop and then Lording over him to make sure he doesn't die.

Strike Back 2RR
Enchantment U
Whenever a creature deals damage to you, deal 2 damage to that creature.
No touchy.

Next: Something you would use if you came up against your own favourite deck.

r2d2go
2015-07-25, 06:50 PM
It's a lot like a double Circle of Flame, minus "first strike" but it wrecks stuff like Guttersnipe while being worse if you have good blockers. Probably fine.

Suppression Field 2WW
Enchantment - R
Noncombat damage is reduced by 2.

Not sure if balanced.

Against an Izzet control deck running a lot of things that deal 2 damage (guttersnipe, izzet charm, magma jet, pyroclasm) and not much else. It could still get out Spellheart Chimeras though.

Challenge: Something else that suppresses.

Jormengand
2015-07-25, 07:03 PM
It's probably balanced, though pretty annoying. Well done. :smalltongue:

Suppression W
Enchantment - Aura C
Enchant creature.
Enchanted creature has Silenced (It has no abilities except Silenced and its auras and equipment have no effect except granting Silenced.)

Next: Another 1-mana spell.

r2d2go
2015-07-26, 01:40 PM
Hm. Seems pretty good - against some things, that's pretty much straight 1-mana removal. Still, probably balanced.

Channeled Flame R
Enchantment - U
1R, T - Put a Channel token on ~.
R, remove a Channel token from ~ - Deal damage equal to the number of Channel tokens on ~ to target creature or player. Sacrifice ~ at the end of turn.

Channeled Knowledge U
Enchantment - U
1R, T - Put a Channel token on ~.
U, remove a Channel token from ~ - Scry X, where X is the number of Channel tokens on ~, then draw a card. Sacrifice ~ at the end of turn.

Channeled Growth G
Enchantment - U
1G, T - Put a Channel token on ~.
G, remove a Channel token from ~ - Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is equal to the number of Channel tokens on ~. Sacrifice ~ at the end of turn.

Channeled Siphon B
Enchantment - U
1B, T - Put a Channel token on ~.
B, remove a Channel token from ~ - Target player loses life equal to the number of Channel tokens on ~, and you gain an equal amount of life. Sacrifice ~ at the end of turn.

Channeled Summons W
Enchantment - U
1B, T - Put a Channel token on ~.
W, remove a Channel token from ~ - Put a 1/1 Spirit token for each Channel token on ~. Sacrifice ~ at the end of turn.

Challenge: Another card that builds up. Bonus points for, say, a dual-color Channel.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-07-26, 06:32 PM
I'm actually not sure how good this card is. :smallconfused: It has a quadratic way of ramping up that takes an extremely long time and a lot of mana investment to pay off in any meaningful way, but when it finally does do something, it can kill your opponent on its own. It takes a lot of finesse to use properly... I'm not sure if this really wants to be a build-around-me rare or just an uncommon newbie trap. Still, interesting enough to earn my thumbs-up in concept.

Grudgecounter 1WB
Creature - Thrull R
Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, put a Grudge counter on this creature.
When this creature dies, each opponent loses X life, where X is the number of Grudge counters on this creature. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.
It maintains inscrutable accounts and ledgers, debts to be collected when the time is right.
3/2

Challenge! Make another creature that wants to die on its own terms.

1pwny
2015-07-26, 10:17 PM
I like the flavor, and the effect works, but the P/T don't really fit. I would lean more towards a 1/3 or something, but whatevs. Good card.

Determined Avenger 1RR
Creature - Human Fighter [U]
When ~ enters the battlefield, choose a creature your opponent(s) control that destroyed a creature you controlled last turn.
~ cannot die while chosen creature is on the battlefield.
~ deals no damage except to chosen creature.
5/2
I won't stop, not until I have avenged them!

Challenge: something else with a bunch of effects but a single purpose.

r2d2go
2015-07-27, 12:09 AM
It's not exactly bad, but it needs serious rewording and perhaps other changes. I'd make it:

"When ~ ETB, put a Vengeance counter on target creature that damaged a creature that died last turn.
Prevent all damage to and from ~ to and from sources that are not that creature."

At the same time, this seems pretty bad - it can't really do anything except block. This seems to be more of a White card than anything. Maybe give it provoke. Also, it's definitely rare complexity.

Focused Guardsman WW
Creature - R
Defender
When ~ ETB, choose a color.
Whenever a spell of that color is cast by an opponent, ~ gains protection from that color until end of turn.
Whenever ~ blocks a creature of that color, ~ gains +1/+3 until end of turn.
1/1

Challenge: Another card with entirely colored cost.

Ninjaman
2015-07-27, 01:27 AM
I think it should refer to the color by "the chosen color". Other than that it seems like it could be a fine uncommon, but just does way too little at rare. It might be good sideboard against RDW but that's about it.

Pyromancer's Burst - RR
Sorcery - U
Pyromancer's Burst deals 4 damage to target creature or player and 2 damage to you.

Make another burnspell.

Jormengand
2015-07-27, 08:01 AM
It's, uhm, a nongreat burn spell. Yay.

Heroic Duel 2RR
Sorcery - R
You gain Warleader 6 and Defender until end of turn. Fight target creature. (You deal damage equal to your power, which is 6, to target creature and it deals damage equal to your power to you. Multiple Warleaders stack.)

Next: Another card which allows a player to do something interesting as a player.

Ninjaman
2015-07-27, 08:12 AM
I don't see why warleader needs to exist, and I also don't think it can exist without a rules nightmare. The card would be much better worded as "Heroic Duel deals 6 damage to target creature and that creature deals damage to you equal to it's power." It is also incredibly overpriced for a rare sorcery speed removal spell with downsides.

Flame rift sees legacy play.

Soul Bolt - 2R
Instant - U
You deal 4 damage to target creature or player and two damage to you.

(I don't know when it will ever be relevant, but then again there is a limited number of sensible things to do with the challenge.)

Make another cmc 3 instant with a downside.

ezkajii
2015-07-27, 08:29 AM
If "you" are the one dealing the damage, does that mean that you can effectively target a creature with protection from red? In that case this seems very useful. If not, it's a strictly worse version of your last submission, which was already borderline playable, I think. You could just as easily (more easily, actually, getting around counterspells and such) play two Lighting Bolts or Pillars of Flame.

Obliteration Wave WBB
Instant - MR
Destroy all permanents. Then, if it is your turn, end the turn.
Skip your next turn.

Next: Something with skipping or taking extra turns, or an Un-card. Bonus for both.

Jormengand
2015-07-27, 08:31 AM
The idea of warleader was that it allowed you, personally, to fight, and for people who want to be the warrior going around in a world of magi, that's pretty awesome. That specific card will deal more damage if you have warleader already, and you can use it in your second main phase to attack again. For example, if you're using the axe in post 596, attack with it, and then use Heroic Duel in your second main phase, you'll deal 9 damage to that creature.

I don't see that you attacking and being blocked as though you were a creature would cause huge issues, given that warleader itself means you don't tap when doing so.

No, it wouldn't, because it's still being targeted by a red spell. If you snuck on prot red by the time the damage resolved, then yeah, but I don't think you can do that.

I don't know when it'll become relevant either, but obviously, I need to make a card which gives you warleader and lifelink. :smalltongue: Not right now, though.

Mass Inspiration 2U
Instant - R
Draw 7 cards and each other player draws 6 cards.
"It's okay," she said. "We'll just have to make better use of it." With that, she walked out of the room, and went off to spend her newfound powers.

Obliteration wave seems like a pretty good way to lose the game, unless you just have massive card advantage.

Gap Year 2UU
Sorcery - R (Un)
Skip your next turn. At the beginning of your next upkeep, draw 7 cards.
So, there's this funny thing that happened on my gap year...

Next: Another draw spell.

r2d2go
2015-07-27, 12:30 PM
If it weren't Un, I get the feeling it'd be played in some manner of High Tide deck. It's not bad, anyway.

I rather liked the blue Channel, but I'm going to try to make it better...

Phyrexian Library (U/B)
Enchantment - R
1(U/Φ), T - Put a storage counter on ~.
1(B/Φ), remove a storage counter from ~: Scry X, where X is the number of storage counters on ~, then draw a card.

Challenge: Another card that provides flexible mana expenditure at instant speed, despite not being an instant.

1pwny
2015-07-27, 06:11 PM
Honestly not bad. Rare-level complexity and a useful effect, I guess. I would probably never play it, though.

Chalice of Multiplicity 6
Artifact [MR]
1W - Target creature gains prot. from the color of your choice until end of turn.
1U - Return target creature to it's owner's hand.
1B - Target creature gains +2/+0 and deathtouch until end of turn.
1R - Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
1G - Target creature gains +3/+3 until end of turn.

*shrugs* You said diversity...

Make something rainbowy.

r2d2go
2015-07-27, 07:35 PM
Actually, I said flexible mana expenditure, which this almost fulfills. It only allows even mana costs, so a lot of the time it'll make you drop 1, but that's fine.

However, actual application... It pretty quickly kills anything. Basically, if your opponents don't kill you the turn after you drop it, it will quickly burn it's way through everything, bounce a ton of creatures, etc. I'd like it better if it tapped, but it's effects scaled in cost and effect (R deal 2, 1W gives pro-color, 2G +4/+4 trample, 3B deals 4 heals 4, 4U tuck a card and draw a card) or something like that. Still gets power and value over time, but less insane flurries of what's essentially cantrips for 1 on a bunch of effects.

Rainbow Channel 2WW
Enchantment - Aura U
W - Enchanted creature gains protection from a color of your choice until end of turn.

Compare to Spectra Ward, which is just straight protection from all colors (not including auras) and +2/+2 for 3WW.

Challenge: Another card that could guzzle mana, but usually won't. Bonus points if it's not for P/T buffs.

Jormengand
2015-07-27, 07:36 PM
Is a full stop that much easier to write out than "ection"?

Anyway, let's go through. The white ability is a counterspell. The blue ability would be worth playing on its own. The black ability is a removal that doesn't cost cards. The red ability is a removal that doesn't cost cards. The green ability is green firebreathing on some kind of dangerous illegal drug. The whole card is worth playing in monocolour. I don't see this working.

Colour Spray R
Instant - U
Colour Spray deals 1 damage to target creature or player for each colour among permanents you control.
Taste the rainbow!

Given your comparison, I can't see why I'd use this

Thinker of Fortunes 2UU
Creature - Human Wizard U
XUU: Scry X, then draw a card.
3/3

Next: A 1-drop that you probably don't want to play on turn 1.

r2d2go
2015-07-27, 07:47 PM
It's quite strong - UU to draw a card is already pretty good but the flexibilty when you have lands or odd mana is quite nice. This on a somewhat relevant 3/3 body makes this a pretty solid card, IMO, but not too overpowered - good job! :smallbiggrin:

Because it's uncommon and you're running mono white in limited :smalltongue:

Aegis Interceptor W
Creature - R
Flash, Defender
When ~ ETB, it gains Hexproof and Indestructible until end of turn.
0/1

Challenge: Another card with defender.

Jormengand
2015-07-27, 08:03 PM
Huh. Neat. Its probably fine, it saves you or a planeswalker and leaves you with a 0/1 who can do some funny things by bouncing.

Gabrael's Bodyguard 1WW
Creature - Human soldier U
Defender
Standalone - If you control no other creatures, Gabrael's bodyguard loses Defender and gets +1/+1 and Vigilance.
3/3

Next: Something else which relies on you having few creatures.

Blue Ghost
2015-07-28, 02:05 PM
Standalone does not seem like a particularly fun mechanic. When you have a standalone creature out, you can't play any more creatures or their ability turns off? That seems really feel-bad.

Arrogant Champion 1W
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
Arrogant Champion can only attack or block alone.
3/3

Next: Another creature with high stats for its cost and a drawback.

Tom the Mime
2015-07-28, 06:19 PM
Probably okay. Works well early on or in an exalted deck.

Unstable Ćtherbeast 3U
Creature - Illusion R
Whenever ~ attacks, phase out all other permanents you control.
Whenever ~ blocks, phase out ~
6/6

Need to check mana pool rules to check it can't be abused with board wipes. I think the blocking should be okay comparing it to fog bank.

Make a card with an activated ability anyone can activate.

V: When something phases out, it phases back in during your next untap step before things untap. Basically, if it attacks, you have nothing to block or respond with until your next turn. If you've got enough removal to handle their creatures with a blank board, it can combo with something like howling mine to make a global effect nicely asymmetric.

1pwny
2015-07-28, 06:38 PM
So it kinda permanently removes everything else you have from the game, leaving the opponent to an easy chump block? I just don't really see when it would be worthwhile.

Viscious Cycle BB
Enchantment [R]
Cumulative Upkeep - put a -1/-1 counter on each creature your opponent(s) controls.
Both players must pay ~'s Cumulative Upkeep. Additionally, each player puts an age counter on ~ during their upkeep.
If ~ would die because a player did not pay the cumulative upkeep cost, that player loses 2 life.

This started as an activated ability, but it seemed needlessly complicated, so I switched it to this. Whoops?

Use another mechanic in a new-ish way.

Zaydos
2015-07-28, 06:53 PM
Viscious Cycle BB
Enchantment [R]
Cumulative Upkeep - put a -1/-1 counter on each creature your opponent(s) controls.
Both players must pay ~'s Cumulative Upkeep.
If ~ would die because a player did not pay the cumulative upkeep, that player loses 2 life.

Would it get age counters on your opponent's turns? I'm assuming no. So it becomes a game of you and your opponent holding monsters until you can unload them and your opponent doesn't have any out, then taking the 2 ping and summoning as many as you can to get an advantage. Don't really like it.

Use another mechanic in a new-ish way.

Living Eruption 1R
Creature - Elemental R
Landfall - Put a -1/-1 counter on ~.
4/4

(4/3? 3/3?)

Challenge: Sliver.

1pwny
2015-07-28, 09:14 PM
A little hard to place, because Red decks are usually low-mana, but its P/T goes down pretty quickly... It's a rare, so it seems legit... I might cut it down to a 4/3 to preserve the Red P > T feel.

Warping Sliver 3PP
Creature - Sliver [R]
Exiled Sliver creatures you control gain Otherworlder XPP where X is that card's CMC.
When killing them didn't work, we tried sending them to another dimension. Then they got around that, too.

Challenge: An Eldrazi planeswalker or, barring that, a Sliver planeswalker. If you really must, some other tribal planeswalker.

braveheart
2015-07-29, 01:39 AM
I've never liked abilities that bring things out of exile, that Sao, this cost is about right, although you forgot to give a power and toughness, I wouldn't expect that one to be more than a 2/2

Engravorn, the Dooming Spark (9)
Plainswalker - Engravorn Eldrazi - MR
+2: add (3) to your mama pool, this mans can only be spent to cast colorless creatures
-3: creatures you control have Anihilator 1 until end of turn
-10: search your library for any number of colorless creatures and put them into the battlefield under your control

Something with power >4

Zaydos
2015-07-29, 02:17 AM
Engravorn, the Dooming Spark (9)
Plainswalker - Engravorn Eldrazi - MR
+2: add (3) to your mama pool, this mans can only be spent to cast colorless creatures
-3: creatures you control have Anihilator 1 until end of turn
-10: search your library for any number of colorless creatures and put them into the battlefield under your control

The +2 is kind of weak when you can already play 9 drops, I mean potentially useful but... the -3 is strong, but you get it... once for 9 mana with a turn delay. The -10 means you'll win... next turn... but requires you to have had a 9 drop out for several rounds with no interference. This could use more starting loyalty and/or a lower mana cost.

Something with power >4

World Tearer 2GGRR
Creature - Giant Druid R
Haste, Trample
Whenever ~ attacks after blockers are declared you may reveal the top 5 cards of your library. Put any lands revealed this way into the graveyard and the rest onto the bottom of your library in any order. Put a +1/+1 counter on ~ for each land revealed this way.
7/5
His footsteps stomp mountains flat and clear the woods of the world.

Challenge: Something that plays mind games.

Tom the Mime
2015-07-29, 06:56 AM
You'll probably be swinging with it the turn it comes out and on average you'll get about 2 lands in the top 5. That means it's on average a 9/7 with haste and trample for 6 the turn it comes out with more potential growth later. Way overpowered.

Disillusioned tutor 2U
Instant - R
Search target opponent's library for a creature card and put into play under their control. Then shuffle their library.

If playing this doesn't make someone paranoid, I'm not sure what will. Even played on its own you could probably see their library while only giving them a 1 drop, which could be very useful in a best of three.

Same as last time and hopefully it gets followed this time. Make a card with an activated ability anyone can activate.

V: Forgetting the shuffle wasn't intentional. Oops

r2d2go
2015-07-29, 07:48 AM
Well, it definitely plays mind games. I think it could cost 1, though - it gives people stuff for free, and usually that doesn't cost a lot :smalltongue:

Edit: Wait, you don't shuffle. Nevermind, that's really strong since you know the entirety of your opponent's draws if they don't shuffle.

Fountain of Knowledge 3WU
Enchantment - R
(U/2)(W/2) - Draw a card. Any player may activate this ability.
What worth is knowledge if only you possess it?

Challenge: Another technically symmetrical effect. Bonus points if it almost always benefits the owner more (basically, they can cast it whenever, so not wraths or other wipes).

enderlord99
2015-07-29, 07:59 AM
Flavorful!

Draining Trinket {0}
Artifact - R
{X}: For each player, put a -1/-1 counter on one target non-creature permanent that player controls. X is equal to the number of times this ability has been activated this turn.

Something else that seems useless.

Blue Ghost
2015-07-29, 04:07 PM
So... What is this supposed to do? I suppose Johnny could find a use for it, but IMO a good Johnny card is one that has exciting combo potential, not one that makes you scratch your head with weird stuff that barely makes sense. It might have an audience, but I suspect it would be VERY niche.

Flag of Surrender 1
Artifact (R)
{4}, {T}, Sacrifice Flag of Surrender: You lose the game.

Next: A Standard-playable aggressive red card.

Jormengand
2015-07-29, 04:20 PM
I... could honestly just copy and paste your critique. At least the other one is a pretty sweet counter to gods, and march of the machines decks.

Thundercharger 2R
Creature - Beast U
Creatures you control have haste.
3/2

Next: Something else with a simple effect. We don't get enough of those.

Zaydos
2015-07-29, 04:57 PM
Thundercharger 2R
Creature - Beast U
Creatures you control have haste.
3/2

It's strictly better than all the other 2R or 1RR red creatures with the same effect. Even at a 2/2 it'd be better than printed as recently as Gatecrash (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=386327) at the same rarity. The others are restricted by creature type and have tribal advantages so don't compare as directly. It should probably just cost 3R at which point it's just a much better cyclops of eternal fury (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=380391) unless you're running heavy enchantment synergy.

Next: Something else with a simple effect. We don't get enough of those.

Warding Skink 2G
Creature - Lizard U
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield target creature gains hexproof until end of turn.
2/2

Challenge: Proliferate.

Blue Ghost
2015-07-29, 06:12 PM
@Jormengand: I know. It was a hard challenge.

@Zaydos: Those abilities are technically green, but the result feels very much like a blue card, a conditional counterspell with a body attached. I think that comes close to violating the tenet about not infringing on another color's functions with your own color's mechanics. Questionable color adherence aside, it's quite a fine card.

Cytoloth 2GG
Creature - Ooze Beast (U)
Evolve
Whenever Cytoloth evolves, proliferate.
2/3

Next: A leader of a faction (either an existing one or one of your own creation)

1pwny
2015-07-29, 07:51 PM
Undercosted for an Uncommon, IMO. I might put it in for 3GG. It's... actually pretty powerful, all considered. The rarity is hard to place. Overall, I like it.

The People's Will 4GWWU
Legendary Creature - Avatar [MR]
Hexproof
Whenever you control multiple attacking creatures, choose one of them before blockers are assigned. That creature is treated as attacking alone (Exalted and all similar effects apply to it).
3/7

Challenge: Something else Alaran.

Jormengand
2015-07-29, 08:05 PM
Mana costs are usually written in X1WUPBRGS order. In any case, it's... interesting. Probably not worth it as an 8-drop with subpar stats, though.

Shardslayer's Strike 1B
Sorcery - R
Destroy each three-coloured creature.
Alarra will fall, and Tarkir with it.

Next: Another rare or mythic with only one line of text.

r2d2go
2015-07-29, 09:37 PM
Sure, it's super conditional, but the fact that against what is potentially multiple popular decks of a format you get a one-sided wipe for 1B is probably too much. I'd make it B and kill one guy, maybe with a slight upside (can't be regenerated, can't be countered, etc) - still efficient, potentially worth sideboarding, but without flipping the board on its end for 1B.

Spellstorm 3UR
Enchantment - R
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, draw a card.

Challenge: Another Izzet card. Or, another card that draws cards as a triggered ability. Bonus points for both.

Zaydos
2015-07-29, 09:52 PM
Spellstorm 3UR
Enchantment - R
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, draw a card.

Would love this as a card, though I'm not sure it'd actually make it into my Izzet deck (5 drop is big). Now if I had Melek and/or Mizzium Mortars and needed to actually accommodate big cards anyway I'd consider it further.

Challenge: Another Izzet card. Or, another card that draws cards as a triggered ability. Bonus points for both.

Lore Capacitor 2
Artifact - R
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery put a charge counter on ~.
When ~ is destroyed draw cards equal to the number of charge counters on it.
Remove X charge counters from ~, and sacrifice it: Counter target spell with a converted mana cost of X.

Challenge: 3.14

braveheart
2015-07-30, 01:03 AM
Circle of Numbers (3)
(Image of a stone circle with pi written out to however many digits fit around it)
Artifact - U
Every time you cast a spell put a charge counter on ~
Remove 3 charge counters from ~: draw a card
Remove 1 charge counter from ~: tap or untap target creature
Remove 4 charge counters from ~: put a token copy of ~ onto the battlefield under your control

Something square

Jormengand
2015-07-30, 08:25 AM
So on turn 4, I'll drop a few abundant growths, aphotic wisps, aura finesses, bandages, cerulean wisps, cremates, crimson wisps, and so on and so forth (Gitaxian Probe is even better for this), and I end up with some mini effects and two of these. By the time I have a third one, I'm well into "Everything is a cantrip" mode, whereupon I laugh and drop all the CMC 0 cards in the game. It's pretty scary for a 3-drop colourless.

Amplify Power XR
Enchantment - MR
Enchant creature with combined base power and base toughness X+2 or less.
Enchanted creature's power is the square of its base power, and its toughness is the square of its base toughness.
Give a commoner a sword forged by a god, and he'll fall like the man next to him. But give him power, and that's a whole other story.

Next: Psychic powers!

r2d2go
2015-07-30, 03:33 PM
This is... pretty scary. Turn 4 Insatiable Souleater (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=233066) into turn 5 this can be game fairly often. Or, something a little more involved but more robust, turn 3 or 4 Conifer Strider (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=394522) into this plus anything that gives trample or unblockable or the like. The card's not bad, but it's just really hard to work with squares and not go crazy.

Edit: Other good things to use it with: Cunning Bandit, Ruinous Minotaur, Summit Apes, Bloodfire Enforcers.

Mindcrystal Flamechaser 3UR
Creature - Weird R
T, U - Tap or untap up to two other target permanents.
T, R - Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, untap ~. You may give it +1/-1 or -1/+1 until end of turn.
4/4

Edited to make it not go infinite on itself, thanks Ninja :smalltongue:

Challenge: Something else that taps and untaps more than once a turn fairly often.

Ninjaman
2015-07-30, 03:54 PM
Not sure if this is intended, but it can go infinite with any mana thing that makes makes two mana by untapping itself and the source unlimited times. Luckily it can't kill the opponent with that infinite mana itself, but it should still probably untap another permanent. The U ability can generate 1 mana whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, but that is probably fine, and the R seems useful but hard to break. Potentially turning it into a 7/1 and shooting all your opponents blockers seems scary, but hard enough to pull off that it shouldn't be an isue.

Skull of the High Druid - 3
Legendary Artifact - R
Whenever you cast a creature spell, untap Skull of the High Druid.
T: Add G to your mana pool.

Another mana rock.

Jormengand
2015-07-30, 04:31 PM
The combo with Beck is strong in this one. Throw down a Beck and loads of green 1-drops and you're golden. If you have two of them, have fun with your Elvish Visionaries, or manamorphosing into other cantripping creatures. It's too easy to go infinite with it, putting tons of tiny creatures down.

Magical Stone 5
Artifact - R
Lifelink, Flying, Deathtouch, Haste, Trample
T: Add 1 mana of any colour to your mana pool.
"But until you figure it out," she said, "It will remain an interesting source of both power and amusement." And with that, she walked out of the room, leaving him wondering if she'd just given him a mightily expensive rock.

Something else that doesn't look useful, until you realise the trick to it. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=march+of+the+machines)

r2d2go
2015-07-30, 05:25 PM
Also Animate Artifact, Ensoul Artifact, Karn's Touch, Sydri, Galvanic Genius, Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas, and Xenic Poltergeist. It's not bad, but could probably tap for 2 or cost less.

Wall of Snakes GB
Creature - Snake U
First strike, Deathtouch, Defender.
Whenever ~ blocks, it gets -3/-0 until end of turn.
It's full of deadly snakes, but will they ever bite anything?
3/1

Challenge: Another thing with snakes. Bonus points if it's full of snakes.

Jormengand
2015-07-30, 07:40 PM
It's a wall that becomes deadly if you sneak a +1/+1 counter on it, though giving it Silenced or some other Loses All Abilities could be fun (But then, a 3/1 for 2 isn't great... unless no-one's expecting it to be a 3/1). Anyway, it seems pretty powerful, basically preventing anything from attacking (or killing it if it does) if its attack is at all buffed.

Serpent Jar 3
Artifact - Idol R
BB: Energise each idol you control.
When you energise Serpent Jar, put a 1/1 black snake creature token with infect onto the battlefield under your control.
Snakes are not native to this plane, and yet they swarm across it.

Next: Another artifact that gets better the more you have.

r2d2go
2015-07-30, 11:03 PM
It's not bad, as idols go. Only issue I see is that most idol decks won't be able to get much infect going, so this is a lot like a 1/1 wither. That's fine, though.

Its supposed to have a dual use - in limited, throwing things on it can make it a powerful blocker, so it's not a super dead rare, while in constructed you probably won't build a deck around this guy but you might throw him in a tons-of-keywords + buffs deck, or a Rolling Stones deck.

Scute Automatons 1
Artifact Creature - Insect Construct R
If you control 5 or artifacts, at the beginning of your upkeep, put two +1/+1 counters on ~.
Not quite as good as the real thing, but not half bad as far as mimicries go.
1/1

Challenge: Another card based on an existing one (this is Scute Mob), or another card with 4+ words in the type line.

braveheart
2015-07-31, 09:23 AM
Two +1/+1 counters every turn is very fast growth, but it will probably not happen until late game so it's ok, so good card

Half-Elf Commander WWGG
Creature - Human, Elf, Soldier - U
Humans you control get +1/+0
Elves you control get +0/+1
T: add W or G
2/2

Another half something

Ninjaman
2015-07-31, 09:34 AM
It is too color intensive for a common, and pretty weak. Tap for one mana isn't very useful on a hard to cast four drop, and +0/+1 isn't very useful, so it is basically just an expensive, weak human lord.

Venian Halfblood - 1B
Creature - Vampire - C
Bloodlust, Lifelink
"We can't all have a pure bloodline."
- Mendek, Baron of Venia
1/1

Another Vampire.

[email protected] It's not half human it is just only half royal.

Jormengand
2015-07-31, 09:35 AM
Apart from the fact that you need to specify where you're adding the W or G, it's... okayish? It could probably handle costing 1WG, honestly, or 2WG tops.

Pedro Ignacio 4WR
Legendary Creature - Human Dragon R
Haste, Provoke.
When Pedro Ignacio dies, put a legendary 4/4 white and red human dragon creature token with haste and provoke called Elena Ignacio onto the battlefield under your control. If it's the combat phase, she enters the battlefield tapped and attacking.
4/4

I have no idea if that works how I want it to. She won't be able to provoke unless you kill him early in the phase, but whatever.

Huh. I would have expected human vampire to denote the half-ness, but it's fine.

Bloodborn Warleader 3WB
Creature - Vampire R
Lifelink.
Whenever a vampire deals damage, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
4/3

Next: Something with a keyword that someone else has used but you haven't. If you don't like that, make a new one.

Gandariel
2015-07-31, 09:40 AM
It looks... weak. For the effect, he could just cost 1WG

Glass half full 2
Artifact - U
Whenever you lose a coin flip, you may put a charge counter on ~.
Remove a charge counter from ~: you automatically win your next coin flip this turn.
Don't worry, there's always next time

It shouldn't really break anything. I mean there is that 1UR spell that says "flip a coin, if you win take an extra turn"...

Next, make a card that contains the numbers 2, 3 and 5 (anywhere)

Edit: Oh man, I got mega Ninja'd.

braveheart
2015-07-31, 04:29 PM
It's a fair way to fix the odd when you are using coin flip cards

Right to Knowledge 2U
Instant-C
As an additional cost to cast ~ tap 5 permanents you control
Target player draws 3 cards
Sometimes you can find knowledge in the most unlikely places

Something with an additional cost to cast

r2d2go
2015-07-31, 05:46 PM
Seems pretty good - a lot of the time in control, you're leaving blockers up or just not attacking because your dudes are utility. Casting this in the end step could make this just a discounted Jace's Ingenuity. At the same time, it's restricted enough that it's fairly reasonable. I'd bump this to Uncommon, but I like it.

Frantic Growth 0
Instant - U
(green color indicator)
As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a forest.
Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.

Challenge: Another "boon" effect - this is Giant Growth, the previous was Ancestral Recall, and Dark Ritual (3 mana), Lightning Bolt (3 damage) and Healing Salve (3 life/prevent 3 damage) are left. Bonus points if it appears with an additional cost.

Zaydos
2015-07-31, 05:56 PM
Frantic Growth 0
Instant - U
(green color indicator)
As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a forest.
Target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn.

I have had a deck which would use this. In most cases I'd not use this, because by the time I'm willing to sac a forest I'm fine with 1 drops in general. If not for the challenge I'd say that you ought to have made it an alternate cost and let it be cast for 2G as an alternative.

Challenge: Another "boon" effect - this is Giant Growth, the previous was Ancestral Recall, and Dark Ritual (3 mana), Lightning Bolt (3 damage) and Healing Salve (3 life/prevent 3 damage) are left. Bonus points if it appears with an additional cost.

Conjured Lightning 2R
Instant - C
Convoke
Deal 3 damage to target creature or player.

Challenge: A weird which untaps and gains +1/+1 until EoT when you cast a spell.

r2d2go
2015-07-31, 06:54 PM
It's fair, and not bad - I'd play it in, say, a Boros deck running things like Ceradon Yearling. For that reason, I'd like to see one for 1WR and lightning helix, but yours is good in its own right

Also, thanks Zaydos :smalltongue:

Flex-Snap Weird 1RUG
Creature - Weird R
T, G - Regenerate ~.
T, R - ~ gets First Strike until end of turn.
T, U - ~ gets Flying until end of turn.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, untap ~. It gains +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

Challenge: Another card that could be a win condition.

Jormengand
2015-07-31, 07:03 PM
It has the problem all weirds have of trying to do too much stuff at once, but it's fine.

Speaker Trianna 3UPB
Planeswalker - Trianna MR
+1: Copy the next spell you cast (You don't choose new targets for the copy)
-3: Whenever a creature dies this turn, get a sigil that's a copy of it. (Sigils turn into tokens when they enter the battlefield)
-9: Get 7 blue instant sigils costing U with "Counter target spell" (Sigils work like tokens but only exist in your hand or on the stack)

Pyroblast 4RRRR
Sorcery - R
Pyroblast deals 10 damage to target creature or player.

Next: Another card costing at least 6.

braveheart
2015-07-31, 08:02 PM
It's interesting, I can never cost the plainswalkers well though, however my issue with it is the first ability, it should specify instant or sorcery, or it should say that it makes a token copy for permanents, given the other abilities, I think you meant for it to only apply to instants and sorcerys, but as it it fizzles if you cast a creature after using the ability

Eva the Ultimate Archon of Light WWWWWWW
Legendary Creature - Archon - MR
Vigilance, Flying, lifelink
When ~ enters the battlefield, gain 7 life
At the beginning of each of your opponent's up keeps, gain 7 life
7/7

Something black

1pwny
2015-07-31, 08:51 PM
Well, let's compare to Pelakka Worm. Pelakka Worm is an Uncommon, costs 4GGG (easier to play), has same P/T and has Trample. It also has the "When ~ ETB, gain 7", but has the added bonus of drawing a card upon death. In contrast, yours has Flying, Vigilance and Lifelink, and repeatedly gains you 7 life (a 4 mana effect). I would personally take out the ETB effect and give it First Strike to really strike home that MR rating, especially because it costs WWWWWWW. Overall though, I like it.

Relentless Rat King 2BB
Legendary Creature - Rat King [R]
~'s name is treated as "Relentless Rats".
2BB. tap 3 creatures you control named "Relentless Rats": Put a token that is a copy of target "Relentless Rats" you control onto the battlefield.
3/3

Baby Relentless Rat B
Creature - Rat [C]
0/1

Defender of the Rat Nest 1B
Creature - Rat [U]
Defender
~ gets +0/+2 for every other creature named "Relentless Rats" you control.
0/1

Challenge: Even more Relentless Rats variations! Bonus points for a Relentless Rats tribal instant/sorcery.

braveheart
2015-08-01, 10:27 AM
I don't really like it, relentless rats is already a good card, but all of the cards would be improved if you removed the word relentless from their text, and just the them as rat tribal the original telentless rats doesn't require self copies, it synergies with all rats

Relentless Rat General 3BB
Creature - Rat - R
Rats you control gain +1/+1 per rat you control
1/1

Something with undying or persist

1pwny
2015-08-01, 10:44 AM
...It's better than Sliver Legion. In pretty much every way. I mean, it's not legendary. Wut?

Agor, the Unending Wave 3UU
Legendary Creature - Elemental [R]
Undying
While ~ has a +1/+1 counter on it, it loses Undying and gains Persist.
Remove a -1/-1 counter from ~: ~ gains +2/+0 until end of turn.
3/3

Make something else unkillable without giving it Indestructible.

Jormengand
2015-08-01, 10:53 AM
You can still exile it! :smalltongue:

Also, blue? Immortality seems white, and I don't recall either of those two abilities being blue.

You brought this upon yourself.

Amkii, The Ineffable 3WWWWW
Legendary Creature - Angel Demigod MR
Flying
So long as your devotion to white isn't less than 10, Amkii the Ineffable gets +4/+4
Amkii can't be countered and can't leave the battlefield or be flipped face-down.
3/3

Next: Another Demigod with "So long as your devotion to V isn't less than W, X gets Y"

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-01, 05:58 PM
Well, mechanically, I like how its size for Zombification purposes is regulated by the devotion clause, but it's still clearly a novelty piece. Amkii must be a pretty tragic figure; once you summon him to the blood-soaked battlefield, she can never - ever - leave. Also, I suspect that the legend rule doesn't work, so the story could involve multiple Amkiis somehow?

Spider Prince 2G
Creature - Human Spider U
Reach
As long as your devotion to green is 5 or greater, Spider Prince gets +0/+2 and has deathtouch.
2/2

Weaver's Disciple 1G
Creature - Human Shaman C
As long as your devotion to green is 4 or greater, Weaver's Disciple gets +0/+2 and has reach.
2/2

Challenge! Another creature with conditional upside.

Jormengand
2015-08-02, 08:52 AM
Well, it's fine, but I was expecting a demigod... oh well. :smalltongue:

Luna, Daughter of Heliod 1W
Legendary Creature - Demigod MR
So long as your devotion to white isn't less than five, creatures you control have lifelink and Luna gets +2/+2
1/2

Next: Another demigod, or something that creates an unusual type of token (Enchantment? Planeswalker? Land?)

Quiddle
2015-08-02, 12:02 PM
I think you could have made Luna a little stronger. Wild Nacatl is basically a 3/3 for 1 with a much easier condition to fill.

Entity of Intellect 1UU
Legendary Creature - Demigod M
Both players play with their hands revealed.
Chroma-~'s power and toughness are equal to the number of blue mana symbols in in the mana costs of cards in your hand you control.
As long as your devotion to blue is 5 or greater, instants you cast cost U less.
*/*

Make a card that costs life to play.

Jormengand
2015-08-02, 12:08 PM
So... that's going to end up being a massive blue beatstick for 3, with an upside? Not seeing it, sorry.

Lifekindle R
Instant - U
As an additional cost to cast Lifekindle, pay X life.
Lifekindle deals X damage to target creature or planeswalker.
The fire that burns brightest is the fire of the soul.

Next: Something else with X in its cost but not its mana cost.

r2d2go
2015-08-02, 01:05 PM
Seems really strong. In a lot of red decks, your life total doesn't really matter since you're aggroing, so this is somewhere near "R - destroy target creature or planeswalker". It's not, obviously, but it's still strong, perhaps too strong. I'd have no problem with it at 1R, but maybe that's too weak. Dilemmas :smalltongue:

Soul Flurry 1BB
Instant - U
As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice X creatures.
Deal X+2 damage to each opponent. You gain that much life.

Compare to Covenant of Blood (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=383217), I guess.

Challenge: Another black card. Bonus points if it either sacrifices creatures or if it's "deal ___ gain ___ life"

Ninjaman
2015-08-02, 02:01 PM
I would rather compare it to Devouring Greed (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=397661) :smalltongue: It looks fine, though I would have prefered it as loss of life instead of damage.

Soulless Wanderer - B
Creature - Zombie - R
Soulless Wanderer can't block.
Sacrifice Soulless Wanderer: Target opponent loses 2 life.
2/1

Another aggro creature.

braveheart
2015-08-03, 04:43 PM
Pretty goo, and if he hits the field garentees 2 life loss, overall it's a good card, it might have been okay as an uncommon, but it's still good as is

Firedancer 1R
Creature - human - R
Haste
Whenever ~ attacks, target opponent may discard a card, if they do they may draw a card
3/2

Gandariel
2015-08-03, 04:57 PM
I think it's too weak.
It would be OK if the effect happened when it deals damage to the opponent, but as is if the opponent can block it's just a trade + a bonus for them.

You didn't give me anything to do, so...

Creature - Avatar R
Whenever ~ comes into play or blocks, tap target creature. It doesn't untap during your opponent's next untap phase.
2/5

Make a versatile card (that is NOT a choose one/two)

Quiddle
2015-08-03, 07:51 PM
Seems good. I find it interesting how you have the ability trigger since its in contrast to the titian's trigger condition. Cool card.

Druid's Gift GG
Instant - R
Search target player's library for a basic land, reveal it. That player shuffles their library and places the land on top of it.
Draw a card.

Make a card that is modern playable.

braveheart
2015-08-04, 02:27 AM
Interesting, it either pulls a land to your hand, or let's you look through an opponent's deck, force their next draw to be a land, and then cantrips, overall a good card at a reasonable price

Opportunitistic Murder B
Instant - R
Destroy target creature with converted mana cost less than or equal to 4

Some form of removal

Ninjaman
2015-08-04, 03:47 AM
This would have been a fair comparison to smother at 1B, for B it is absolutely insane.

Touch of Darkness - 1B
Instant - U
Destroy target creature, you lose life equal to it's converted mana cost.

Another removal spell.

Quiddle
2015-08-04, 11:02 AM
Not bad, not bad.

Petrify 4 {G/B}
Enchantment-aura U
Enchant creature can't attack or block and loses all abilities.
Petrify costs 4 less if you control a gorgon creature.

Make a card that uses counters.

Zaydos
2015-08-04, 11:06 AM
Touch of Darkness - 1B
Instant - U
Destroy target creature, you lose life equal to it's converted mana cost.

It seems like a reasonable card. Compared to Murder that 1 less CMC is rather important, it might actually be a little too good and should be BB but it's hard to tell and would need actual play testing.

Another removal spell.

Boar Hunt 1GR
Instant - U
Target creature you control deals damage equal to its power divided as you choose between X target creatures where X is the number of enchantments you control. You may choose to deal 0 damage to a target.

Challenge: Another card meant to go with Theros thematically and mechanically.

Jormengand
2015-08-04, 11:51 AM
Given that petrify is basically equivalent to just removing it, I'd probably make it a full removal spell.

With boar hunt, you could just make it "Up to X" unless you for some reason want it to be more like "Illusion hunt".

Artame, son of Nylea 1G
Legendary Creature - Demigod MR
So long as your devotion to green isn't less than five, creatures you control have reach and Artame gets +2/+2
3G: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
1/2

Next: Something which makes enchantment, planeswalker or land tokens.

Zaydos
2015-08-04, 11:57 AM
With boar hunt, you could just make it "Up to X" unless you for some reason want it to be more like "Illusion hunt"

It's more so you can target your own creatures with Heroic, in keeping with boar hunts from legend.

r2d2go
2015-08-05, 07:48 AM
Well, it's often a 3/4 for 2 with upside. I'd play it in Stompy-devotion (Aspect of Hydra, Reverent Hunter, Leatherback Baloth).

Eidolon of Unity WWGG
Enchantment Creature - R
WW, T, discard a card - Put an enchantment token with "creatures you control get +1/+1" onto the battlefield.
GG, T, sacrifice an enchantment - Target creature gets +1/+1 and trample for each creature you control.
All for one, one for all.
2/2

Challenge: Another enchantment creature.

braveheart
2015-08-05, 12:58 PM
Good card overall, the discard is necessary, and it seems well costed, although you forgot to give it a subtype

Eidolon of Auras 2W
Enchantment Creature - Eidolon - R
~ gets +1/+1 per aura on the battlefield
2/2

Make an aura with an ability that taps the aura not the thing it's attached to

r2d2go
2015-08-05, 05:31 PM
It's a (strictly, minus colorshifting?) worse, color shifted Aura Gnarlid... At two rarities up. I'd give it another synergy ability.

Not as important, but while it's true eidolons have a subtype (so I should have one), it's Spirit, not Eidolon.

Wardcrafter Eidolon 1WW
Enchantment Creature - Spirit R
Bestow 5WW
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2.
~ and enchanted creature get +1/+1 for each aura you control.
Tap three untapped Auras you control - ~ and enchanted creature get protection from a color of your choice until end of turn.
2/2

Challenge: Another 2/2. Bonus points if it's a bear.

Jormengand
2015-08-06, 06:05 PM
Huh. It's fine, though the bestow is a bit steep. I'd want a major bomb off my seven-drop.

Ursarine Monk 1U
Creature - Bear Monk U
When Ursarine Monk enters the battlefield, draw a card.
2/2

Next: Another cantrip.

Ninjaman
2015-08-06, 07:00 PM
I think this is too strong, it needs to either be smaller or draw when dying, elvish visionary is already a good card.

Flame Dagger - 1R
Instant - U
Flame Dagger deals 2 damage to target creature.
Draw a card.

Make another burnspell.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-06, 07:51 PM
Well, it's certainly a good card. In most limited situations, some players could get still away with running it if it cost 2R or even 3R; in fact, at 2R as an instant, it would still be quite good. But that's more of a development thing than a design thing; the idea itself still works great.

Burning Sensation X
Sorcery - R
Burning Sensation is red. Spend only red mana on X.
Burning Sensation deals X damage to target creature or player.

Challenge! Another card with an X on it.

Jormengand
2015-08-07, 03:20 AM
Compare Banefire: this is usually just better in monored.

I'm tempted to bring back Xavier, who is my usual way of getting around X-challenges, but I won't.

Only the Mighty 3GG
Enchantment - R
Each creature gets +X/+X, where X is that creature's converted mana cost.
The mighty do not fall. They rise

Next: A legendary land.

Tom the Mime
2015-08-07, 03:41 AM
Seems like it's probably. Could work as a finisher in UG with flyers and unblockables.

Merchants Square
Legendary land
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add 1 to your mana pool
T: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool unless an opponent pays 1.

Make a card that transforms somehow.

r2d2go
2015-08-07, 10:01 AM
I'd say this is around uncommon power, and not too strong - maybe playable in 5-color control/late game but your opponent can deny you colors/smooth their own curve too easily. I'd have it come in untapped and rare.

Zander Kol, Biomechanic RUG
Legendary Creature - Weird Werewolf MR
At the end of turn, if you cast three or more spells, transform ~.
T - Add G, U or R to your mana pool.
Whenever you cast a spell, untap ~.
2/2

//

Kol, Mindbroken Menace
Planeswalker - Kol
+2 - Until end of turn, whenever you cast a spell, draw a card, then discard a card.
0 - Kol becomes a 0/0 Werewolf Weird with Evolve and all counters on him are considered +1/+1 counters until end of turn, at which point they become loyalty counters.
-10 - Deal 2 damage to any number of target creatures. For each creature damaged, give those creatures +3/+3 and draw a card.

The second ability is a little hard to write, so I shortcutted it. Basically, he has P/T = Loyalty in the form of counters, and any he gains return as loyalty. I think the full wording would be "loyalty counters are considered +1/+1 counters for Kol until end of turn. At the end of turn, for each non-loyalty +1/+1 counter on Kol, remove it and put a loyalty counter on him."

Challenge: Another planeswalker. Bonus points if it's Origins style (basically, small body w/ effect that helps reach a transform condition).

Jormengand
2015-08-07, 10:24 AM
Ahh, werewolf planeswalker. Clever. I'd say the creature side is pretty good on its own, though, and tacking a pretty odd but ultimately decent planeswalker onto him might be too much. It's probably fine.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/34q46df.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2lsy5v9.jpg

But let's have another one.

Xavier, Preacher of the Cause WB
Legendary creature - Human Cleric MR
Extort
When you gain life, put a loyalty counter on Xavier, Preacher of the Cause. Then, if he has at least 5 loyalty counters on, transform him.
1/1
///////////////////////////////
Xavier, Lord-Inquisitor (WB indicator)
Planeswalker - Xavier MR
+1: You gain 1 life an each opponent loses 1 life.
-2: Exile target creature unless its owner discards a card.
-8: You get an emblem with "Permanents you control have extort".

Next: Another guild-aligned planeswalker.

r2d2go
2015-08-09, 11:25 AM
Seems reasonable. Tithe Drinker is a 2/1 Lifelink extort for the same cost - this is a lot better in a late-game deck. I kind of want to try it with a lot of discard, so the -2 becomes straight exile. A good card that fits in a good amount of decks.

Inikos the Impeder WWUU
Legendary Creature - Sphinx MR
Flying, Hexproof
T - Delay target spell. Put a loyalty counter on ~. (Exile target spell. At the beginning of its owner's upkeep, it's controller may cast it without paying it's mana cost.)
If ~ has 4 or more loyalty counters on it, transform it.
2/4

Inikos, Judge of All
Planeswalker - Inikos MR
+1 - Put a 1/1 Judge's Familiar token with flying and "sacrifice this creature - counter target spell unless it's owner pays 1" on the battlefield.
-3 - You gain an emblem with "WU - Delay target spell that was cast from its owner's hand."
-7 - Destroy all other nonland permanents.

Challenge - Another Sphinx. Bonus points if it's got red, green or doesn't have flying, but still makes both flavor and mechanic sense.

Jormengand
2015-08-10, 08:51 AM
Delay is a really powerful ability, which is often tantamount to countering something (such as a counterspell, even, or change the targets of/copy target spell, or do anything to target spell). Because it costs neither mana nor cards, it's just really, really good.

Nameslayer 2UR
Creature - Sphinx R
Whenever you name a card, Nameslayer deals 2 damage to target player.
I do not fly on wings of feathers, but on wings of words and fire.
2/4

This, in case you weren't aware, is an ability brought to us by the Deep Recurrent Neural Network. You're welcome.

Next: Another card which triggers off something that would normally require a second sentence to work (Whenever you flip a coin/name a card/clash, etc.)

Tom the Mime
2015-08-11, 07:36 AM
If they don't make any mechanical sense, you shouldn't just repost from the neural network. What does naming mean mechanically. Can I just keep saying a card name over and over until you die?

Card sharp 2U
Creature - Human rogue R
Whenever your library is shuffled, draw a card then discard a card.
Every day I'm shufflin'
1/2

If it was draw instead of loot, it'd get crazy with fetch lands. Might be too much as it is. Ability feels red but flavor feels blue.

Make a card with spell mastery.

Jormengand
2015-08-11, 08:22 AM
No, you can't. Naming a card is a specific event that you can only do when the game tells you to: you can say "Lightning bolt" 'til you're blue in the face, but Nameslayer doesn't care unless you've been told by another card effect to say "Lightning bolt".

Anyway, it makes sense either as red or as blue. It's probably fine.

Four Flames of the Magi R
Instant R
Four Flames of the Magi deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
Spell Mastery - If you have 2 or more instant or sorcery cards in your graveyard, Four Flames deals 1 damage to that creature or player.
Second Wind - If you've cast another spell this turn, Four Flames deals 1 damage to that creature or player.
Standalone - If you control no creatures, Four Flames deals 1 damage to that creature or player.

Next: Another card with multiple conditional abilities.

r2d2go
2015-08-11, 09:55 AM
Well, in burn, it's better than Lightning Bolt 5 through 8. I'd like it better with less things. Three is a nice number, anyway.

Channelstop Weird 1UR
Creature - Weird U
Whenever you cast a blue instant, you may tap target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next upkeep.
Whenever you cast a red sorcery, untap ~. It gains +2/-1 and First Strike until end of turn.
1/3

Challenge: Something else that both taps and untaps things.

braveheart
2015-08-11, 01:21 PM
It's weird, as a weird should be, although I'm not sure how much the first strike fits in, but you'd be playing it more for the first ability anyway

Stamina Capacitor 2
Artifact - C
T, tap up to 3 target creatures you control: put a charger counter on ~ per creature tapped by this ability
T, remove 3 charge counters from ~: untap each creature you control

An artifact

Quiddle
2015-08-13, 10:39 AM
Thats interesting, you can tap summoning sick creatures to store charge.

Aether Blade 3
artifact-equipment R
equip 2
Equipped creature has First Strike and "Whenever this creature deals damage to a creature exile that creature with two time counters on it. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend."

make a card with suspend

r2d2go
2015-08-13, 01:43 PM
It's a bit too close to colorless, cheaper Godsend for my comfort (in fact, it's better in many cases because you can exile many guys at once). I'd like it better at 1 time counter, and maybe 1 less either equip or cost.

Flickering Prison 1WW
Enchantment - U
When ~ enters the battlefield, return each creature exiled with ~ to the battlefield, then exile target creature. You may then cast ~ for its suspend cost.
Suspend X - (XW). X can't be 0.

Challenge: Something else that could target your opponent's creatures, or your own.

braveheart
2015-08-14, 01:50 AM
Interesting, I suppose it works, although I had to read it 2x to get what exactly it does. I can't help but think there is a better way to phrase that, but I can't think of it.

Weird Results UR
Instant - U
Target creature becomes a 5/1 weird creature and loses all other types and abilities until end of turn
"How did it turn into that?" - Izzet Researcher

Make a sorcery

Jormengand
2015-08-14, 03:59 PM
It may be too powerful. If you're using it to turn a chump into a 5/1, that's basically a lightning bolt +1 at +1 mana, which is just about okay. If you're using it to turn Kozilek into a 5/1 and then timming him, you're basically killing a powerful eldrazi for 2 and a tap of a tim, which is probably too much.

Mindsight 2P
Sorcery - U
Exile the top two cards of target opponent's library. For each card exiled this way, get a sigil that's a copy of that card except that each colour symbol in its casting cost is purple. (Sigils can be played as though they were cards. When they enter the battlefield they become tokens, when they enter anywhere that's not the hand, stack or battlefield they disappear)

One for people who don't like purple:

Holy Wrath 2R
Sorcery - R
Holy Wrath deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is the amount of mana in your mana pool.
Draw a card.

And one which is another purple idea I had:

Fey Village 1PG
Sorcery - U
Get 2 basic city sigils. (Sigils can be played as though they were cards. When they enter the battlefield they become tokens, when they enter anywhere that's not the hand, stack or battlefield they disappear)

Next: Something that produces nontoken game objects (such as emblems or sigils).

Zaydos
2015-08-14, 05:17 PM
Mindsight 2P
Sorcery - U
Exile the top two cards of target opponent's library. For each card exiled this way, get a sigil that's a copy of that card except that each colour symbol in its casting cost is purple. (Sigils can be played as though they were cards. When they enter the battlefield they become tokens, when they enter anywhere that's not the hand, stack or battlefield they disappear)

One it's too strong. This is draw 2 cards from your opponents deck and mana fixing for the cost of a Divination. Two you don't need sigils for this, there's already a way the game deals with abilities that function this way. You may cast cards exiled this way from exile except all mana costs are changed to purple.

One for people who don't like purple:

Holy Wrath 2R
Sorcery - R
Holy Wrath deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is the amount of mana in your mana pool.
Draw a card.

Too strong as a cantrip, compare all the Blaze clones, even at rare they don't get this sort of power. This is basically blaze with "you can use the mana for other things too and you draw a card" for 2 mana. If you removed the cantrip and kept the mana cost the same it might work but it's still a much better version of the XR burn.

And one which is another purple idea I had:

Fey Village 1PG
Sorcery - U
Get 2 basic city sigils. (Sigils can be played as though they were cards. When they enter the battlefield they become tokens, when they enter anywhere that's not the hand, stack or battlefield they disappear)[/SPOILER]

So 2 lands to hand, except with stuff that complicates the game (Sigils) and without the benefit of thinning your deck, and having to be a specific basic land, for 3 mana. Which I could use to play Cultivate and get 1 to the battlefield and 1 to hand for less colored mana and could be any basic lands. This is just far too weak.

Next: Something that produces nontoken game objects (such as emblems or sigils).

Factory Builder UR
Creature - Goblin Wizard MR
Cumulative Upkeep: 1.
At the beginning of your main phase if ~ has 3 or more age counters on it remove 3 age counters and you get an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep put a 3/3 colorless Golem artifact creature token onto the battlefield."
2/2

Challenge: Make a dragon slayer.

r2d2go
2015-08-14, 09:14 PM
Hm, well, your turn 3, 4 and 5 only have 2 mana, but 6 mana is certainly worth a golem a turn forever, and 2 mana is perfect for counters and such. I kind of want to run it with Proliferate and get two emblems in a turn. It's fair, but it's pretty potentially awesome.

Leap Dragoon WRG
Human Knight - U
When ~ enters the battlefield, ~ may fight target dragon.
6/1

Challenge: Another very lopsided creature.

braveheart
2015-08-15, 02:13 AM
Not bad, it will kill all but a small handful of dragons, and if you don't use it to fight you still get essentially a flame elemental type creature speaking of which

Living Flames 2RR
Creature - Elemental - U
Haste
When the fire is awake nothing escapes it's flames
7/1

Something with a higher toughness than power, that isn't a defender

Jormengand
2015-08-15, 09:00 AM
Hmm... well, it's definitely a red elemental, though I'm not sure how useful it is. Good to swing across an empty or tapped out board, but otherwise not that useful.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/29l0iz4.jpg

(Tasia Zelb 2PPBB
Legendary Creature - Nightmare Dreamer MR
Tasia Zelb can't be countered.
Creatures you control have Isolation (Abilities affecting "All", "Each" or "Every" don't affect this) and Outcast (This can't be exiled).
"The Lady is dreaming, and is not to be disturbed."
- Eryk, Zelb Guard.)

Walking Walls 2WW
Creature - Wall Soldier R
Other walls you control get +1/+1 and can attack as though they didn't have defender.
2/4

Next: Another powerful leader of something.

r2d2go
2015-08-16, 12:06 AM
So, for 6 mana, you get two sideboard effects and a 0/6? This could probably cost less - 3PB, or PPBB. Even then, I'd be very disappointed pulling this as a MR.

The Rolling Stones on a dude is fine - more vulnerable, more expensive, more powerful. It's Rolling Stones 5-8, though, so that's cool.

Elenn, Divine Speaker WWBB
Legendary Creature - Cleric MR
Image - A cleric stands before a gathered crowd, chanting and maintaining a three-armed vortex of energy which draws from the crowd.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you gain 2 life.
Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, you may pay 2 life. If you do, put a 1/1 white and black spirit with flying onto the battlefield.
Sacrifice a spirit, pay 2 life - Return target creature from your graveyard to your hand.
All return from the great cycle, eventually.
2/2

Challenge: Another card that feeds into itself.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-16, 12:48 AM
Well, you seem to have successfully prevented it from being an easy infinite-life combo by requiring you to pay life most of the time. Really, it would probably be cleaner if you cut out the life manipulation altogether and focused on her spirit/raise dead shtick. But if her whole congregation is either dying or finding new bodies all the time, who is she talking to?

Thing-Eater 2GG
Creature - Goat Beast M
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Thing-Eater this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Thing-Eater.
3GG, T: Thing-Eater fights target creature.
4/4

Challenge! Make a land that produces White mana, and also has a non-mana ability.

Quiddle
2015-08-16, 03:43 AM
It sure eats things! You could probably make it's fight ability cheaper since its a mythic but other than that I love it. Fear the goats!

Quiet Village
land
T: add [W]
Metalcraft-transform Quiet Village.

Industrial Powerhouse
land
T: add [2] to your mana pool

make a non planeswalker card that transforms

Ninjaman
2015-08-16, 05:17 AM
First of metalcraft is an ability word which means you need to write the three artifacts part. Second of holy goddamn insanity batman! This is a mishra's factory more or less, and that card is banned in legacy, this card is insanely broken.

Ghost Stone - 3
Artifact - U
T: add W or B to your mana pool.
3WB: transform Ghost Stone.
--------
Unleashed Ghost
(W/B) Creature - Spirit - U
Flying, lifelink
3/3

Another mana rock.

Jormengand
2015-08-16, 08:47 AM
So, for 6 mana, you get two sideboard effects and a 0/6? This could probably cost less - 3PB, or PPBB. Even then, I'd be very disappointed pulling this as a MR.

Sure, sideboard effects. Now, sit back and relax while I repeatedly drop Damnations and Merciless Evictions on you...

I could have made it permanents you control have, but that would seem like overkill (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=Obliterate).

Mishra's: You mean Workshop.

Ghost Stone: I don't get why you'd transform it? I mean, maybe if you desperately needed a creature? I don't see it.

Gate Keystone 3
Artifact - U
T: Add 1 mana to your mana pool of any colour a gate you control could produce.
Without a keystone, even the mightiest gate will collapse.

Next: Something else to make bad cards a better idea to play (in this case gates).

Zaydos
2015-08-16, 10:59 AM
Gate Keystone 3
Artifact - U
T: Add 1 mana to your mana pool of any colour a gate you control could produce.
Without a keystone, even the mightiest gate will collapse.

3 drop mana rock can already tap for any color of mana so this could probably be just a 2 drop. Could almost squeak by at a 1 drop because it requires you to play a land tapped before using it meaning you can't use it till turn 2 regardless, but 1 mana mana rocks leave a bad taste (only one I know of is Sol Ring that might be why).

Next: Something else to make bad cards a better idea to play (in this case gates).

Envoy of Gates G
Creature - Human Druid
When a Gate enters the battlefield under your control untap it.
If you control 5 or more Gates ~ gains +4/+4.
1/1

What I like Gates they were cheap dual lands and it was fun to beat someone who mocked me for using them instead of the $10 ones.

Challenge: Make a creature with the bear type which has something cool about it and does not have 2 power or 2 toughness.

Jormengand
2015-08-16, 11:50 AM
See, for Magenta (The purple Ravnica set's codename - I promise it's not called "Return to return to Ravnica") I was thinking of something with that first ability... which was a mythic legendary land, ETBT, and only tapped for colourless. On some random 1-drop who also becomes lolhuge if you have enough gates? Ehh... it seems too much.

Gidai Cavalry 2GG
Creature - Elf Bear Archer U
When Gidai Cavalry enters the battlefield, Lock In target creature.
Protection from Locked In creatures.
3/4

Next: Something else with Protection.

r2d2go
2015-08-16, 12:38 PM
It's pretty good - I would have given it Reach or fight-target-flying, since it's an archer and all, but this can somewhat neutralize a big enemy threat, as well as just generally being a decent creature. Good in limited, and the Uncommon rarity lends to that, so good job! :smalltongue:

...Are you really going to make a deck based off a 6-drop MR with four color weight, and black board clears? Maybe if it was, like, U/W, for easy control and clear...

Taunting Abyss 1BB
Enchantment - Aura U
Enchanted Swamp is a 2/5 creature with Defender, Deathtouch, and Protection from non-attacking creatures. (It's still a land.)
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, they lose 1 life.

Challenge: Something else that targets lands.

Quiddle
2015-08-16, 01:23 PM
Taunting Abyss seems solid. I think the pricing is on point.

Hedron of Clemency 1
Artifact — Fortification R
Activated abilities of fortified land cost up to 2 less to activate. This effect can't reduce the amount of mana an ability costs to activate to less than one mana..
Fortify 2 (2: Attach to target land you control. Fortify only as a sorcery. This card enters the battlefield unattached and stays on the battlefield if the land leaves.)

anyone else think that fortifications are coming back in BFZ?

another zendikar themed cad

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-16, 11:33 PM
The hedron... doesn't... do anything. Not really. Not unless you specifically plan on printing a bunch of lands that will work with it or a bunch more fortifications that give the lands abilities to use.

Let's see, Zendikar had a lot of 2/2's for 2, so...

Templar of Emra 1W
Creature - Kor Knight C
Whenever Templar of Emra blocks, put a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature token with "sacrifice this creature: add {1} to your mana pool," onto the battlefield.
2/2

Challenge: Make something delicious!

Quiddle
2015-08-17, 01:58 AM
You can make man lands easier to animate and things like Vault of the Archangel better.

r2d2go
2015-08-17, 04:29 PM
Seems quite strong for a common. I suppose it's comparable to Nest Invader, but it potentially gets much more value with enchantments or defensive combat tricks. I might want it to be 2/1, or maybe WW/WG? Eh, probably fine.

Deluxe Feast 1GG
Sorcery - U
Add GGGG to your mana pool. Gain 4 life.

(Anyone get the reference?)

Challenge: Another card that gives you life.

braveheart
2015-08-17, 06:55 PM
Unfortunately I don't get the reference, however the card itself is just a green ritual with a life gain clause, not bad, but the temporary mana ramp is Not very green, (despite 5th sun)

Blessed Vampire 2(B/W)(B/W)
Creature - Vampire - R
Flying
When ~ deals combat damage, target player gains life equal to ~'s power
3/2

Something red with a draw effect but no discard

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-17, 07:42 PM
I'm having trouble figuring out how on earth that ability is preferable to regular Lifelink. If you're running a weird deck that wants someone else to gain life, you probably want a more logical way to do it than attacking with a creature. It doesn't really have any reason to be rare, either; it's likely to be fine at uncommon or even common, since just having flying black/white vampires around is more about establishing the setting than being a big stand-out deal on its own. If you want it to give life to allies or teammates, it should also probably be more common in a set where that's a thing.

Fervent Announcer R
Creature - Goblin Shaman U
When Fervent Announcer enters the battlefield, draw a card.
You play with your hand revealed.
1/1

Challenge! Make a card intended for a game where you have an ally or a teammate.

somethingrandom
2015-08-18, 05:16 AM
Seams fairly balanced and about right for an uncommon not sure what else to say about it.

All for you 2W
Enchantment R

Creatures you control gain "T:Target creature you do not control gets +X/+X where X is this creatures power."

Create a creature outside it's traditional colors.

Gandariel
2015-08-18, 05:27 AM
I would have liked it more as WG, but hey. Probably reasonable (especially since we're talking about a multiplayer-focused card)

Wild Goblin 1G
Creature - Goblin U
~ Can't block.
I mean, wilder than normal
4/1

Next, make a versatile card

r2d2go
2015-08-18, 11:41 AM
Seems pretty good. Obvious comparison to Frost Walker - I'd say this is a little better, but not so much that it's unfair. Nice Ferocious enabler.

Marisi's Command WRG
Instant - R
Choose Up to Two:

Target creature gets +2/+2 and trample until end of turn.
Target creature gains first strike and haste until end of turn.
Target creature gets lifelink and vigilance until end of turn.
Target creature's power becomes 5 until end of turn.

Challenge: Another Command (choose two of four).

Ninjaman
2015-08-18, 12:34 PM
I dislike how non-versitile it is with all the effects being creature boosts. Other than that it is probably fine, though i think the last should say base power.

Brimstone Command - R
Instant - R
Choose two
- Brimstone Command deals 1 damage to target player.
- Brimstone Command deals 1 damage to target creature.
- Draw a card, then discard a card.
- Destroy target artifact with converted mana cost 2 or less.

Another one mana instant.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-18, 08:14 PM
It's functional, if kind of weird for a rare. I'd lean toward making this one a sorcery just because, but in a more general sense I feel like The Commands should always have at least two colored mana in the cost.

Unorthodox Research U
Intant - U
Look at the bottom card of your library. You may put that card on top of your library.
Draw a card.
They say that the answer is always in the last place you look...

Challenge! Make a card that puts something on the bottom of someone's library.

r2d2go
2015-08-19, 09:48 AM
Well, it's Opt but takes a look at the bottom instead of top. Compared to Opt... It has about the same chance to get something you want, at the cost of not giving you much when you don't see what you want, and the benefit of getting something you wouldn't have gotten at all before. I'd say it's about the same, but notably, you don't want to run this with Scry. Also, for people who do bottom card to see who goes first, it's hilarious :smalltongue:

Rearrange UB
Sorcery - U
Target player reveals their hand. Choose two nonland cards from it. They put one on top of their library, and one on the bottom.
"Erasing memories is exhausting. Much better to just scramble them."

Challenge: Another card that gives both you and an opponent a choice.

Ninjaman
2015-08-19, 04:33 PM
The big problem with this is that it is a sure two mana two for one and a great tempo play.

Crazed Lacerator - BR
Creature - Devil - U
When Crazed Lacerator enters the battlefield each player sacrifices a creature. Crazed Lacerator deals 2 damage to you.
The wise quickly realize there is no dodging the blades.
2/1

Maker another rakdos creature.

Zaydos
2015-08-19, 05:29 PM
The big problem with this is that it is a sure two mana two for one and a great tempo play.

Crazed Lacerator - BR
Creature - Devil - U
When Crazed Lacerator enters the battlefield each player sacrifices a creature. Crazed Lacerator deals 2 damage to you.
The wise quickly realize there is no dodging the blades.
2/1

Compared to Fleshbag Marauder this just feels bad, it's 1 CMC less (which is good) but requires two different color symbols, is 1 less power (like we care that much) and deals 2 damage to you on etb. I'd probably remove the 2 damage to you part or make it a 3/1 like Fleshbag and its Tarkir functional reprint.

Maker another rakdos creature.

Soul Juggler 2BB
Creature - Demon R
Unleash
Sacrifice a creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it: Target player sacrifices a creature they control.
2/2

Challenge: R2R style Golgari (doesn't have to use scavenge but fit the play style of R2R Golgari).

r2d2go
2015-08-19, 09:36 PM
Seems fine - Sac those Cacklers in your aggro deck to clear your opponent's blockers and swing for the win. Almost seems like something Borzhov would run more than straight Rakdos, but the +1/+1 counter condition places it firmly under Rakdos, so good job there :smalltongue: I'm not sure it'd be run, though. Maybe with a little boost to P/T (+1 on one side)?

I haven't actually played R2R golgari (I played a golgari deck during R2R, but that utilized more Innistrad and less R2R), but I'll do my best.

Jarad's Phylactery-Guard 1GB
Creature - Zombie Spider U
Reach
Whenever you put +1/+1 counters on ~, reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a land. If it's a forest or swamp, put it onto the battlefield. Put the rest of the cards into your graveyard.
2/3

Challenge: Another card referencing a leader. Bonus points if it's from Ravnica.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-20, 08:10 PM
That guard might be more powerful than you're giving it credit. Ravnica is a pretty counter-heavy plane; in the right hands, it can accelerate mana like crazy without even worrying about the graveyard. Putting the land into your hand would give you plenty of card advantage without getting too bonkers... I think Tarkir had something with a similar ability, though this one's probably easier to slip in easily. ...also, I don't think spiders care so much about lands; I think it's more of a Shaman thing.

Chorus Vestal G
Creature - Dryad C
Whenever Chorus Vestal or another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay 2. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
1/1

Challenge! Wizards has resolved not to use Landwalk abilities anymore; make a card that's a functional reprint of a creature with a Landwalk ability, except with a new ability to replace it.

Ionbound
2015-08-22, 02:36 PM
Seems decent, though I'm not sure what it's referencing. Nice card for and +1/+1 counter deck, though. Especially with all the Abzan cards that benefit from said counters.

Skaabren's Leviathan (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=278198)-5UUU

Creature-Zombie Leviathan-R

~ can only be blocked by any number of creatures whose total power are equal to it's toughness.

All lands are Islands in addition to their other types

Only Zombies can attack.

Cathars in Nephalia keep a close watch on the shores, lest a dead sea monster wash ashore and be found by the Skaabren and Ghoulcallers.

8/8

Challenge: Create a card based on Thalia (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=270445) if she became a monster or necromancer.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-22, 04:44 PM
The leviathan is pretty powerful, as was its cousin, and it's still expensive enough to offset it. My first complaint is that, without the islandwalk thing, it has no reason to flood the world like that. You can just clip the second ability right out, unless its art depicts it making all of your zombies seaworthy or something. Complaint number two: that evasion type is kind of weird? Like, what am I supposed to imagine this lummox doing that forces the opposition to hit it exactly hard enough to kill it but no harder?

Anthalia, Urban Guardian 1U
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard MR
Prowess (Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Creature spells cost {1} more to cast.
"My sister is a strong leader, but my methods are still more suited to stopping a horde of, you know, creatures."
1/2

Afflicted Guardian 1W
Creature - Human Werewolf U
First Strike, Defender
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Afflicted Guardian.
"I can feel the moon rising... be sure to lock my chains tightly."
2/1
//
Shackled Werewolf (red)
Creature - Werewolf
First Strike, Defender
At the beginning of each upkeep, if a player cast two or more spells last turn, transform Shackled Werewolf.
5/2

Challenge! Make something related to Criminal Justice.

Quiddle
2015-08-24, 11:45 AM
I really like the Guardian/wolf. Good job.

Crime Scene 2W
enchantment-R
Whenever a creature dies, detain all creatures.

make a card that uses a keyword.

r2d2go
2015-08-26, 11:55 PM
Far too easy to get a lockdown going, what with all the white token makers, plus any sac outlet, which b/w tokens already has. I'd say it needs to cost you something that makes it impossible to use for too long - a tap-and-doesn't untap clause, perhaps, or poison counters on the user.

Wildfrost Sphinx 3UU
Creature - Sphinx R
Prowess, Hexproof, Flying, Protection from Hydras and from Dragons
4/4

I've always thought Baneslayer should have been 4/4 and rare.

Challenge: Another card with ten or less words of text.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-27, 01:03 AM
Well, Big Fancy Sphinx is certainly entertaining. I guess that as a mirror to the angel, its name is more meant to be freezing the wilds than being wild itself. Though it's not as busted as the angel in terms of sheer swinginess, Hexproof makes it even more frustrating to deal with most of the time... though unlike the angel, this one can theoretically be double-blocked or something, but then it risks a surprise prowess effect, for super interactive fun times either way. So... yeah, good!

Two-faced Krow BG
Creature - Dragon U
Trample, Tromple
(This creature's, "Trample Damage," is also dealt to you.)
3/3

(I made sure that you could replace, 'tromple,' with that reminder text and still come in at ten words in the text box.)

Challenge! Make another card that has to do with recoil damage.

braveheart
2015-08-27, 11:09 AM
The backlash is the only way you can get away with the 3/3 trample for 2 mana so I guess it's balanced

Rage Dasher 1RB
Creature - Human - U
First Strike, Haste
~ attacks each turn if able
If you end your attack step and ~ has done no damage, ~ deals 2 damage to each player
Whenever ~ attacks, ~ deals 1 damage to each player
Whenever ~ becomes blocked, ~ deals 2 damage to each player
3/1

Something that is dangerous to the person playing it, if mishandled

r2d2go
2015-08-27, 01:27 PM
This has way too many lines when it could get away with so many less. Why not just 2 damage to each player each turn? In any case, 3/1 first strike haste for 3 with more aggro application is probably too strong - maybe make it 1 damage to each player.

Malfegor's Disciple 1RB
Creature - Demon Dragon Cleric U
When ~ enters the battlefield, discard a card.
Whenever a player discards cards, each of their opponents sacrifice a creature. This ability cannot trigger more than once a turn.
2/2

Challenge: Another card with a bunch of subtypes.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-27, 08:59 PM
"Whenever a player discards a card for the first time this turn," also works. This guy is interesting and pretty amazing, usually in a good way. He'll go right in with a Madness- or Hellbent-style archetype. I'd still probably push it to rare, though. It never gets more than a 1-for-1, but the trigger is a bit weird, and I can imagine the deck that wants it in limited establishing an irritating lock on the board in spite of its symmetry and once-per-turn restriction. Flavor bonus: just being a "demon dragon cleric," does a lot to tell me what this Malfegor character is all about, which is neat.

Canada
Land - Plains Island Swamp Mountain Forest MR
When Canada enters the battlefield, return a land you control with a basic land type to its owner's hand.

Challenge! Make a card... that makes a token. Just one! (It can do other stuff too, of course.)

braveheart
2015-08-28, 12:27 AM
Haha, interesting, turning the cost for your 5 color land into a bounce, and making it fetchable it's a good card, and seems balanced enough (I also like the reference)

Acrobat Twin 2UR
Creature - Human - R
Menace (this creature can only be blocked by 2 or more creatures)
When a non token copy of ~ enters the battlefield create a token copy of it.
As long as 2 or more creatures named ~ are on the battlefield under your control, ~ can only be blocked by creatures with flying or reach
2/2

Something big and green

somethingrandom
2015-08-28, 02:05 PM
Haha, interesting, turning the cost for your 5 color land into a bounce, and making it fetchable it's a good card, and seems balanced enough (I also like the reference)

Acrobat Twin 2UR
Creature - Human - R
Menace (this creature can only be blocked by 2 or more creatures)
When a non token copy of ~ enters the battlefield create a token copy of it.
As long as 2 or more creatures named ~ are on the battlefield under your control, ~ can only be blocked by creatures with flying or reach
2/2

Something big and green

Seams fairly balanced and flavorful. Good card

Overgrown Rhino 7GGG
Creature - Beast R
When ~ enters the battlefield if you did not cast if form your hand exile it.
Trample
15/15

Jormengand
2015-08-28, 02:14 PM
Overgrown Rhino is decent: a big card with an anti-cheating measure.

Silence 1{W/P}
Enchantment - C
Enchant creature.
Enchanted creature has Silenced (Cards with silenced, and anything attached to them, lose all abilities except having or granting silenced.) When it dies, draw a card.
If you don't know what to say, why say it?

Next: Another card which draws cards when something (itself, enchanted creature, anything) dies.

r2d2go
2015-08-29, 02:05 AM
Silence is a card already. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=205119)

Other than that, it's pretty good but not particularly overpowering. I think it should be uncommon, though - Wizards doesn't like making common removal unless it's hideously overcosted. I could see this in constructed decks running wipes though - your opponent doesn't want to swing with their vanilla dude and give you a card, so it's close to hard removal until you get off your Wrath.

Black Sickle 2
Artifact - Equipment U
Whenever a creature damaged by equipped creature dies, put a charge counter on ~.
Remove a charge counter from ~ - Equipped creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Remove two charge counters from ~ - Draw a card.
Equip 1

Challenge: Another artifact. Bonus points if it's a scythe.

somethingrandom
2015-08-30, 02:57 AM
I think it has memory issues without this turn. I also feel that it should be rare, and maybe cost more mana
Death's Scythe 4
Legendary Artifact R
If ~ becomes equipped to a non-black creature that creatures controller sacrifices it.
Equipped Creature has Deathtouch and "2BB,T: Destroy Target non black creature it cannot be regenerated.
Equip 2
Create a Plane card for a Plane that does not have one. (Planechase), or if you don't like that create a non blue counter spell

Jormengand
2015-08-30, 06:18 AM
Okay, so you have eternal removal that doesn't cost cards? Given how annoying it is to activate, it's probably just about all right, but... I'm not sure I like it.

Recall Power P
Instant - R
Counter target spell you control. Get two sigils that are copies of that spell. (Sigils which are spells have mana costs and are cast as spells. They can exist in your hand or the stack, and become tokens on the battlefield)
Wait! I didn't mean to do that just yet!

Countercrush 7
Instant - U
Counter target spell.
There are two ways to counter a spell: split it carefully into its harmless constituent parts, or throw mana at it until it goes away.

Next: Another counterspell that costs less than 2 or more than 5.

Gandariel
2015-08-30, 09:09 AM
That's. .. probably too slow, but I suppose you could use it to duplicate your most important spell in the matchup (be it Counterspell, Lightning bolt or just a dude)
This also combos with those 1-mana cantrip blue spells, if you're running some sort of mega-Storm effect.

Absolute negation 3UUW
Instant- R
Counter target spell. Its controller can't cast spells until the end of this turn.
No.

Next, make something lovecraftian

braveheart
2015-08-30, 08:45 PM
Tender silent, is a card already with the exact same rules text that costs UUW at rare, so I'm going to say that your spell is 3 mana overcosted

Old One's Presence 2UB
Enchantment - R
At the beginning h of each attack step, for each creature their controller will flip a coin, if they lose the creature cannot attack or block until the end of turn
"When they are near onez mynb gsoez shydtddvkossvzchhddhbxkoddb" - last entry in an archeologist's journal

Something with a coin flip

Ionbound
2015-08-31, 08:47 PM
I mean, it's definitely lovecraftian. However, I don't think it would ever see play, except maybe in Limited, just because it's too random for such an important aspect of the game. And even if it was, it's still off-color. Blue likes calmness and rationality, and Black likes giving people hard choices. This is something I'd maybe see in Red, if at all.

Gruul Experiment-2RG

Instant-U

Flip a Coin: If heads, target creature gains +4/+4 and Menace until the end of the turn. If tails, it gains -4/-0 and can't block until the end of the turn.

Never thought I'd see the day when the Gruul were messing with magic. Not that it works for them, either. Though I wonder how the cyclopses worked up enough patience to try. -Zegana, Simic Guildmage

Challenge: Create a card from an Innistrad where Thalia never opened the Helvault.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-08-31, 09:41 PM
The +4/+4 mode is barely worth 4 mana on its own. Flipping a coin to likely hose yourself regardless of your intentions does not help matters. We'll need to go back to the drawing board for this one. The idea of the Gruul trying something weird to bring down the other guilds might be doable, but right now it looks like this is trying to be an Izzet card... Gruul might be better served with something like, 'Heads you get Menace, Tails you get Provoke.'

Meanwhile, I don't know much about Innistrad lore, but from the Helvault card text I can guess...

Stay in the Helvault After All W
Instant - U
Counter target Demon, Devil, or Horror spell.
nvm lol

uh...

Screw It, This Place Is Phyrexia Too Now 4WW
Sorcery - MR
Destroy all creatures without Infect.

But I don't wanna go read up on the setting! Maybe...

EVERYTHING IS FINE 2
Artifact - MR
Cards named Lars Gerhard can't be played. If a card named Lars Gerhard would be revealed, instead it isn't.

Alright, alright. One more try:

Dracula Frankenstein Wolfman 1UBRG
Creature - Vampire Zombie Werewolf MR
When Dracula Frankenstein Wolfman enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you exile a Vampire creature card and a Werewolf creature card from your graveyard.
Trample, Menace (This creature can't be blocked by fewer than two creatures.)
Sacrifice two other creatures: regenerate Dracula Frankenstein Wolfman.
9/9

Challenge! Don't be like me. Make something from Innistrad that actually makes an ounce of sense. A non-creature, preferably.

necrochicken
2015-09-01, 11:39 AM
Geralf's Laboratory

Legendary land-Swamp Island- MR

(T: add U or B To your mana pool)
enters tapped
T, UUB, Sac a creature: put an X/X blue zombie creature token on the battlefield, where X is the sac'd creature's power. Put a +1/+1 counter on it.
"an Improvement."

Challenge: Make an anti- guild creature from Ravnica.

braveheart
2015-09-01, 12:30 PM
So take a vanilla creature and give it a 1/1 counter as well as some potential tricks to save something, it good, but not broken assuming you meant to make it enter tapped, otherwise it would just be broken

Guildhunter construct (5)
Creature - Construct - R
When ~ enters the battlefield destroy target permanent with a guild's watermark on it's card.
THE GUILDS ARE OPPRESORS
DESTROY GUILDS
3/3

(If you don't like using the watermarks change it to a creature that is exactly 2 colors)

Something from Takir when the dragons are dead

necrochicken
2015-09-01, 02:03 PM
YA ment to have it enter tapped

r2d2go
2015-09-03, 11:07 AM
It's simultaneously terrible and overpowered. Overpowered in any set in Ravnica, because it's 5 mana colorless land, creature, enchantment, artifact, etc destruction, with an extra 3/3 stapled on - destroy target permanent (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?output=standard&text=+%5B%22destroy+target+permanent%22%5D) is well known to be very powerful at 1WB (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=19135). Terrible in any set without Ravnica, because it's a 3/3 for 5 almost all the time. This needs work.

Dragonbone Lance 2
Artifact - Equipment U
Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and first strike.
Whenever equipped creature attacks a player that controls a dragon, it gains Intimidate until end of turn.
Stay dead.
Equip 3

Challenge: Another card that sometimes grants a keyword. Or, another artifact.

Also...

YA ment to have it enter tapped

You can edit that in, rather than adding a post, by clicking "edit post" at the bottom-right of said post.

braveheart
2015-09-03, 12:05 PM
Good card, well costed, although it wouldn't see play, anywhere, because of flavor conflicts, and not being strong enough for anything other than limited play

Wisened Charger 2RG
Creature - Viashino - U
First strike
If your opponent has 3 or fewer creatures ~ has menace (~ cannot be blocked by fewer than 2 creatures), otherwise ~ can not be blocked by more than one creature
4/2

Something with reach

necrochicken
2015-09-03, 02:11 PM
Ok, nothing special, would work in some instances.

Here it is:
Soot-born grim 4bu
Creature- zombie elemental R
Reach, Wither
2b/u: proliferate. you may only increase the number of -1/-1 counters using this ability.
3/4

braveheart
2015-09-03, 03:32 PM
It's a bit overpriced, and. The restriction you applied to the proliferate seems unnecessary

Unknown Challenger 5
Creature - Human - R
If you control a Plains, ~ has Vigilance
If you control an Island, ~ has Flying
If you control a Swamp, ~ has Lifelink
If you control a Mountain, ~ has First Strike
If you control a Forest, ~ has Trample
4/4

Make something in 5 colors

Jormengand
2015-09-03, 04:06 PM
It's a neat card. It does what it does, and it does it pretty well.

Rainbow Wave 7
Sorcery R
Rainbow Wave is all colours.
Rainbow Wave deals 7 damage to target creature or player.
Coloursickness - For each colour of mana you didn't spend to cast Rainbow Wave, it deals 3 damage to you.

Next: Another card with Coloursickness or a similar mechanic.

Ninjaman
2015-09-04, 01:00 AM
That card is terrible. Even if you spend three colors on it it's seven mana to burn seven and take six.

Prismic Guardian - 5
Artifact Creature - Golem - R
Vigilance
Coloursickness - For each colour of mana you didn't spend to cast Prismic Guardian, put a -1/-1 counter on it.
2: Remove a -1/-1 counter from Prismic Guardian.
8/8

Another golem.

r2d2go
2015-09-04, 09:44 AM
Seems pretty strong. In control, pretty much always a 4/4 vigilance for 5, which is alright, but you know it'll get bigger as you need a bigger beatstick. In two-color control, it'll be a 5/5 for 5, which is about right and makes it a potentially standard playable card. Only problem I have is that the only thigs it'll well protect you against is mid-rangish guys, Kalonian Baloths and such, since aggro tends to have a swarm of guys to kill you turn 5 and control tends to fly over this. Eh... Still good! :smalltongue:

Splicer's Scrap Golem 2
Creature - Golem U
Whenever an artificer enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 golem creature token onto the battlefield.
They call him Squishy.
1/2

Prototype Swarm 2W
Sorcery - U
Put three 1/1 colorless golem creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Splicers don't generally use their prototypes in combat, but they can be effective fodder, of sorts.

Alt flavor text - Squishy always liked his friends. They never stayed long, though.

Challenge: Another card for a tribal deck you don't think is strong enough.

braveheart
2015-09-04, 11:02 AM
Both cards are good and look like they'd be work well

Moon Mage 2RG
(Image of a woman in the wilds, holding a small moon in her hand)
Creature - Wearwolf Human Shaman - R
R: Transform target Wearwolf
If no spells were cast this turn transform ~
2/4

//

Magewolf
(Image of a Wearwolf stirring a green glowing cauldron)
Creature - Wearwolf, Shaman - R
G: Transform target Wearwolf you control
4/5

Make a three faced card (morph and transform)