PDA

View Full Version : MtG: YMTC challenge III: Johnny, Timmy or Spike?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Jormengand
2015-09-04, 11:26 AM
Werewolf. W-E-R-E-W-O-L-F. Werewolf.

Anyway, apart from having no transform-back mechanic, it's probably all right.

I don't think you mean morph and transform, given that those two abilities are incompatible. I think you mean flip and transform.

(Sun) Burning-eyes shaman 2RR
Creature - Human Shaman R
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, put a power counter on burning-eyes shaman. Then, if it has 3 or more power counters on it, transform it.
2/4
//////////////
(Moon, Up) Burning-eyes hero
Creature - Human Warrior R
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, put a power counter on burning-eyes hero. Then, if it has 6 or more power counters on it, flip it.
4/6
/////////////
(Moon, Down) Burning-eyes spirit
Enchantment R
Whenever an instant or sorcery spell you control would deal damage, it deals 3 times as much damage instead.

Next: Something nice and simple, for a change!

braveheart
2015-09-04, 11:40 AM
Actually morph and transporm are compatable, Wizards made that do when they ruled on transform and manifest, that you manifest the transforming creature as a 2/2 (either sleeveback up, or use the neck of the placeholder card) then when it flips, it can transform as though it had been cast normally.

Now for your card, it's interesting, though unlikely to get to the final stage in limited (just not enough instants and sorcery's in most decks) and it wouldn't see play unless red deck wins got into standard, in which case it still wouldn't reach the final stage before the game ends, however the second stage is good for most situations, but having to cast 3 instants and sorcerers before the card is worth it's mana is iffy

Simplicity 1WG
Enchantment - R
Each player can only cast spells during their main phases
Simplicity itself

Something big and black

enderlord99
2015-09-04, 11:59 AM
Have you ever spelled "werewolf" correctly?

- - -

That's extremely impractical, so I'm going to use Flip instead of Morph. It's also going to have Flip on both sides, making it effectively four-sided. I hope those are okay with you.:smallsmile:

Spring Thing - {X}{X}{G}{G}{G}{G}

Creature - Druid - MR

~ enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.

{T}: Add two mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool.

{X}{X}{R}{R}{T}: Put X +1/+1 counters on ~ and flip it

0/0

- [flipped] -

Summer Thing

Creature - Druid

~ is red.

{T}: Add {4} to your mana pool.

{X}{X}{B}{B}{T}: Put X +1/+1 counters on ~ and transform it.

0/0

- [transformed] -

Autumn Thing - (black color indicator)

Creature - Druid

{T}: Each player loses one life. Add {X} to your mana pool, where {X} is the amount of life lost this way.

{X}{X}{U}{U}{T}: Put X +1/+1 counters on ~ and flip it.

0/0

- [transformed] - [flipped] -

Winter Thing

Snow Creature - Druid

~ is Blue.

{T}: Add {3} to your mana pool.

{X}{X}{G}{G}{T}: Put X +1/+1 counters on ~ and transform it.

0/0

- - -

Challenge: Something with power and toughness based on the number of counters on it.

necrochicken
2015-09-04, 05:36 PM
A little too cramped. other than that, Great!

Very Complex Mage 3u/r x

Creature- Human Elemental Mutant Wizard -
~enters with 3 ebb and 3 flow counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin.
If heads, put 2 ebb counters on ~ and remove 2 flow.
If tails, put 2 flow counters on ~ and remove 2 ebb.
~ power is equal to the number of ebb counters on it.
~ toughness is equal to the number of flow counters on it.
As long as ~ has more ebb than flow counters on it, it has menace.
as long as ~ has more flow than ebb counters on it, it has defender.
10-X: put either 3 ebb and 2 flow or 2 ebb and 3 flow counters on ~.
*/*

I know, I know, an unhinged card.

CHALLANGE: make A purple card

r2d2go
2015-09-04, 08:52 PM
See, my main issue with this isn't that it's overly complex, it's that the abilities aren't quite written correctly/well. You have an X with no way to remember what X is, a few thing you need to write out (e.g. "flow counter" instead of "flow"), and a pump-creature in U/R without any interaction with other U/R themes. Here's a clarified/modified version...

Very Complex Mage 3(U/R)
Creature - Human Elemental Mutant Wizard
~ enters the battlefield with 3 ebb and 3 flow counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin.
If heads, put 2 ebb counters on ~, remove 2 flow counters.
If tails, put 2 flow counters on ~ and remove 2 ebb counters.
As long as ~ has more ebb than flow counters on it, it has menace.
as long as ~ has more flow than ebb counters on it, it has defender.
~'s power is equal to the number of ebb counters on it.
~'s toughness is equal to the number of flow counters on it.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, you may put 3 ebb counters and 2 flow counters on ~, or put 2 ebb counters and 3 flow counters on ~.
*/*

Still, it's not a bad idea :smallsmile: Here's how I would make it non-un...

Mageshift Weird UR
Creature - Weird Wizard R
At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin. If heads, it gains +2/-2 and Menace until end of turn. If tails, it gains -2/+2, Flying and Defender until the start of your next turn.
3/3

Also. It's generally considered good manners to not challenge people to use non-Wizards stuff. Heck, Jorm (creator of Purple) is nice enough to provide both a purple and non-purple response to challenges, so that people who don't want to read through his purple overview don't need to.

Relentless Focus 2PP
Enchantment - U
Whenever you draw one card during your main phase, add PP to your mana pool. (Exactly one card from a single resolution.)

Mist-Shock Enforcer (U/R)(R/W)(W/U)
Creature - Weird Soldier U
Shroud, First Strike
Battalion - Whenever ~ and at least two other creatures attack, ~ gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, Detain up to a number of creatures equal to ~'s power.
0/2

Challenge - A tricolor creature, or a monocolor creature. Bonus points for both :smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2015-09-04, 10:43 PM
Relentless Focus: The "draw exactly one" clause is really weird, and I don't really see what benefit there is over just "whenever you draw a card" in general. I guess purple just does a lot of really weird and inelegant things. Which I do not like.

Mist-Shock Enforcer: Trying to do way too many things. Also, the triple hybrid is really confusing and there's no clear purpose for it.

Sigil Aspirant W
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
2U: If Sigil Aspirant has no +1/+1 counters on it, put a +1/+1 counter on it. It gains flying.
4G: If Sigil Aspirant has no +1/+1 counters on it, put three +1/+1 counters on it. It gains trample.
1/1

Next: An Eldrazi.

r2d2go
2015-09-04, 11:19 PM
Sigil Aspirant W
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
2U: If Sigil Aspirant has no +1/+1 counters on it, put a +1/+1 counter on it. It gains flying.
4G: If Sigil Aspirant has no +1/+1 counters on it, put three +1/+1 counters on it. It gains trample.
1/1

Next: An Eldrazi.

There's a subtheme in purple of cantrips.

The tri-hybrid is because it's intended to be castable in all three guilds. Is there another way to do that?

Seems pretty good, though it's probably too slow for constructed. Limited it'd be strong though. I feel like it could use a buff, like 1U for the first, or Exalted, but it's pretty good as-is.

Emrakul's Grasp 9
Creature - Eldrazi R
Annihilator 1
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a permanent, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
Remove 5 +1/+1 counters from ~ - Take an additional turn after this one.
7/7

Challenge: Another card that makes turns.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-05, 01:41 AM
I actually really like it! It's really amusing in flavor and concept, and is a great design exercise because it's secretly not very useful. Sure, it's easy to imagine an infinite-turn combo with this guy, until you realize that by the time your opponent has sac'd that many permanents to your annihilator effects, you've already won the game in a million other ways regardless. :smalltongue:

I have a couple of ideas. They're both weird, but I guess that's to be expected in the turn-making business.

Time Dilation 3UU
Enchantment - MR
At the end of each player's turn, if it was the first turn that player had in a row, that player takes an additional turn.

Race Against Time 1UG
Instant - MR
Untap all permanents you control and draw a card. You may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield.
Target opponent takes an additional turn after this one.

Challenge! Make a card that causes someone to discard.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-05, 02:01 AM
Ooh, I really like Time Dilation. It mixes up the game in a cool way that you could possibly abuse, but is fun in general. Not sure about balance, but I love the concept.
Race Against Time is indeed hard to evaluate. I'm... really not sure what to think of it at all.

Rob Blind XXB
Sorcery (R)
Target player discards X cards. Put X colorless artifact tokens named Gold onto the battlefield. They have "Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."

Next: Something that lets an opponent draw cards.

Jormengand
2015-09-05, 04:45 AM
Heh, clever. I like it.

Thundersight 3
Sorcery U
Draw 2 cards.
Coloursickness - If you didn't spend U to cast Thundersight, target opponent may draw a card.

Next: A creature that's not a Creature or a Creature that's not a creature.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-05, 10:52 PM
I don't really like Thundersight at first glance... mutual card drawing is already so blue that putting it in another color still feels weird. Then again, Howling Mine is colorless, so I guess it's not that big of a deal. Heck, if you want coloursickness to be a thing in a set, this might even work as a common since both players can have a little fun whenever it's cast. I'm not sure what sharing information has to do with thunder, though.

Living Reflection UU
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchant Creature
When this enchantment enters the battlefield, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of enchanted creature. When this enchantment leaves the battlefield, sacrifice that token. When that token leaves the battlefield, sacrifice this enchantment.

Challenge! Make an artifact that is clearly meant for an aura or equipment deck. For extra fun, try to make one that isn't an equipment itself.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-05, 11:44 PM
So functionally, it's a clone that dies when the original dies. An Aura is a way to achieve that, but I'm not sure it's actually that much better an implementation than simply being a creature.

Sorry, forgot to respond to your question.

Why is it so important that the card can be used by any of the three guilds individually? I don't see what benefit that actually achieves in flavor or mechanics, as to justify using such a clunky implementation as triple hybrid.
Traditionally, the way to make a card shared among factions in a multicolor set is to simply make it monocolored.

Weapons Factory 4
Artifact (R)
2, T: Put a colorless Equipment artifact token named Weapon with "Equipped creature has +1/+1" and equip 1 onto the battlefield.

Next: Something that interacts with the command zone.

r2d2go
2015-09-06, 03:30 AM
Equipment is already slow, so things that make equipment are really slow. Still, eventually, this'll mean as long as you have one Omenspeaker or Judge's Familiar up, you have a huge flying titan. It's pretty reasonable, anyway - I like it :smalltongue: I'd play it in a control deck.

Eh, the card's supposed to be a collaboration of all three guilds to create something that they use for their own purposes. Azorius wants it because it's an undeniably impartial judge that can (literally) talk circles around people. Boros wants it because it's a powerful soldier. Izzet wants it because the forces that give sentience to conflicting elements of chaos and order are intellectually interesting. Each of the three guilds wants to be able to use it on their own, but since they have to work together anyway, they just make the forces that bind it variable enough that they can produce it on their own.

...that's the idea, anyway :smalltongue: probably unnecessary. If I were to make it again, I'd scratch Shroud and First Strike, make it a 2/2 for (W/R)U, and just have separate Batallion and spell-triggers for Detain. It's less of an interesting chain of effects (+power fits Batallion, but then to make it relate to detain, base it on P/T, but then to stop buffs, give Shroud), but it's less clunky.

Cleaner Version:

Mist-Shock Weird (W/R)U
Creature - Weird Soldier R
Battalion - Whenever ~ and at least two other creatures attack, Detain target creature.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, Detain target creature.
2/2

Thanks for responding :smallsmile:

Herald of the Planes 1R
Creature - Human Shaman U
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a copy of target emblem into the command zone.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, exile target emblem.
I'm not mad! We must prepare to join them, or fight!
2/2

Challenge: Another "bear" (2/2 for 2). Bonus points if it's only sometimes a bear.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-06, 03:46 AM
The Herald's ability is so hilariously narrow that it really has to be rare, but it's probably not unbalanced overall and I at least find it amusing. I'm pretty sure that the ability could just be something like, "you gain a copy of target emblem," since they presumably go in the command zone by default. I'm also pretty sure that Red creatures aren't allowed to be grizzly bears without some kind of, 'drawback,' even if it's one you can take advantage of... but on such a goofy rare it might get a pass.

Heartland Golem 2
Creature - Golem U
If W was spent to cast this creature, it enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.
If G was spent to cast this creature, it enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.
1/1

Challenge! Make a permanent that does something when it dies. If the effect is lingering somehow, so much the better.

somethingrandom
2015-09-06, 02:57 PM
Venom 3B
Incarnation U
Deathtouch
As long as ~ is in your graveyard and you control a Swamp, creatures you control have Deathtouch .
2/2

Challange: make something tribal.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-06, 06:03 PM
Psst, you forgot to critique the card before you.

Heartland Golem: So it's a 2/2 for 1 (W/G), or a 3/3 for WG. Simple, neat design. Could be a good role-filler in the right set (an artifact set, maybe?).

Venom: A replacement for Filth in the cycle. I agree that deathtouch is a much better ability than swampwalk. I feel like if this cycle were printed today, they would be rare.

Orcish Warlord 1RR
Creature - Orc (R)
Other Orc creatures you control get +1/+0 and have haste.
Whenever an Orc creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, discard a card, then draw a card.
3/2

Next: Something that explores a flavor part of the color pie that's not usually touched on.

Ninjaman
2015-09-07, 01:46 PM
The obvious comparison is with goblin warchief and it seems pretty fair. I really like the addition of the looting effect.

Thithes of the Ghost Counsil - 1W
Instant - U
Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 2

Another non-blue counterspell.

braveheart
2015-09-07, 02:09 PM
Every white counter is also blue, you could probably do an enchantment to counter spells unless the controller pays 2 but having a pure whit counter spell doesn't work even if it's a soft counter

Undo WBRG
Instant - R
If you control an island you may reduce ~'s mana cost by 1 mana of any color
Counter target spell

Something with at least 3 evergreen keywords (evergreen keywords are ones that aren't block specific)

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-07, 02:57 PM
It's... it's pretty bad. Not gonna lie. But is it printable? Technically, it does function, and it makes up for being non-blue by being much harder to cast in general. Each color could conceivably contribute to countering something. Requiring either all 4 or three of them plus an island means that you're not giving any color a means of dealing with something it normally couldn't. Really, it just needs some creative backing to justify its existence. Right now, it doesn't have it; Undo should just be a regular blue counter of some sort. But, in a block where Domain is a mechanic and the plane encourages splopping all colors of magic everywhere, this card, by another name, could serve a purpose. It's just not very, you know, playable.

GO! GO! GO! 1R
Sorcery - C
Target creature gains Haste, Double-strike and Trample until end of turn. (It can attack even if it entered the battlefield this turn, it deals first-strike as well as normal combat damage, and damage it deals in excess of blockers' toughness is dealt to the defending player.)

Challenge! Make a combat trick that costs 4 or more mana normally.

Tom the Mime
2015-09-07, 02:59 PM
I'd draw your attention to mana tithe (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=122324) as a white soft counter. It's actually yours that doesn't follow the "rules" for counters given hard counters should cost at least UU from memory. Your card isn't too strong but it doesn't fit where you've got it.

Shock Troops 3RW
Creature - Soldier U
Double strike, vigilance, haste
2/4

Make a card that cares about the graveyard.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-07, 06:23 PM
Mana Tithe was from Planar Chaos and therefore cannot be considered as precedent for color pie. It is still a hard rule of Magic that only blue gets counterspells.

Seems like a pretty legit card. Not sure if a common card should grant three separate keywords, but it should be fine.

Defend the Village 3W
Instant
Convoke
Untap all creatures you control. They gain +1/+1 until end of turn.

Next: A common card to counter Thopter decks in limited.

r2d2go
2015-09-07, 06:29 PM
This is free often enough that I think it'd probably be rare (at least Uncommon). Still, not bad.

Circuit Shock R
Instant - U
Deal 1 damage to target creature or player. If it's an artifact creature, deal 2 damage instead.
Overload 1R

Challenge: Another card with Overload.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-07, 11:11 PM
Circuit Shock is kind of weird for a common. It's not extremely powerful, but how many reciprocal mass-damage spells do you want going around the draft table, really? In general, though, it does its job: red likes to ping for damage, and it hates artifacts, so when it hits one of them with damage: bonus!

Gooplicate UG
Sorcery - MR
Put a 0/0 ooze creature token onto the battlefield. For target creature, put a number of +1/+1 counters on the ooze token equal to that creature's power.
Overload 5UG

Challenge! Make another card that talks about counters.

EDIT: Eh? I don't think it checks those state-based actions until the spell is finished resolving.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-07, 11:15 PM
@^: Looking at the rulebook, it seems you are correct. But it's still liable to cause confusion, and thus still a weakness in the design.

Unfortunately, state-based actions will kill the ooze before you can put the counters on it. But if you could find a way to make it work as intended, it's a really cool idea! Doesn't really feel mythic though; should probably be a regular rare.

Ultron 2
Legendary Artifact Creature - Construct (M)
Counters remain on Ultron as it moves to any zone other than a hand or library.
As Ultron enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
WUB, Sacrifice an artifact: Put a 0/0 colorless Construct artifact creature token onto the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on Ultron. This activity can be activated from the command zone.
0/0

Next: A card for the Ultron commander deck. (I'm kind of stumped for ideas now; need help fleshing the deck out.)

r2d2go
2015-09-08, 12:16 AM
That's... pretty awesome! It gets continuously bigger, and lets you make a bunch of guys. It's in nice control colors, too. I might have made the activated ability put counters on an artifact and turn it into an artifact creature, for the sake of improving Thopter synergy and existing artifact-creature synergy, but it's still not bad.

Speaking of Thopter synergy...

Thopter Mastermind 4U
Creature - Human Artificer U
When ~ enters the battlefield, put three 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.
Tap four untapped artifacts you control - Draw a card.
2/4

I also considered making it put out another thopter, which might have been better.

Challenge: More synergy, of any sort. Bonus points if it's artifact, especially if it fits the Ultron deck :smalltongue:

braveheart
2015-09-08, 02:13 AM
He seems pretty good, if you had gone with 4 thoprers he would need to increase his mana cost, so going with 3 seems right, and makes you have another artifact to get him to draw

Manic Scraper 4U
Creature - Human, Artificer - R
When ~ enters the battlefield, flip 2 coins, then place 2 + 1 for each coin flip you win 1/1 thopter tokens with flying onto the battlefield
2U discard a card: flip 2 coins, then place 2 + 1 for each coin flip you win, 1/1 thopters with flying onto the battlefield
2/3

Make a white non artifact that synergieses with an artifact theme

Blue Ghost
2015-09-08, 02:24 AM
Coin flipping is very red, not blue. It's also a very polarizing mechanic, so it's best not to have coin-flipping cards be too strong. This guy is insane; an average of 3 thopters coming in, and making an average of 3 more at a cost of 3 mana and a card? Way too strong, and will fill tournament-level play with coin flips, which is not very popular with high-level players.

Technological Singularity 3WW
Sorcery (R)
Destroy all nonartifact creatures.
"When the dust settles, the only things living in this world will be metal."
--Ultron

Next: A black artifact-themed card.

Tom the Mime
2015-09-08, 03:54 AM
There are plenty of non blue, non planar chaos counters, even if they are specific or soft. Artifact blast, avoid fate, illumination, lapse of certainty, mages contest, molten influence, not of this world, null brooch, withering boon. Some are old but there are relatively recent ones there too and I've skipped some of the extremely specific ones

Seems a bit undercosted compared with something like mass calcify which is just as conditional. Same cost as winds of rath but easier to make a completely one sided wipe.

Zombie cyborg animator 3B
Creature - Zombie wizard R
X, sacrifice an artifact, T: Return target creature with cmc X from your graveyard to the battlefield
1/3

Make an aura

braveheart
2015-09-08, 12:42 PM
It's a fun bit of flavor, in a pretty good graveyard return

Demonic Possession 4BB
Enchantment - Aura - R
Enchant target creature
Enchanted creature loses all abilities and it's power and toughness, become a 5/5, and gains trample
Totem Armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed instead remove all damage from it and destroy this aura)

Some tap effect

Zaydos
2015-09-08, 12:50 PM
Demonic Possession 4BB
Enchantment - Aura - R
Enchant target creature
Enchanted creature loses all abilities and it's power and toughness, become a 5/5, and gains trample
Totem Armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed instead remove all damage from it and destroy this aura)

Used on your own creature it's a 5/5 haste trample with Champion Any Creature. Used on an opponent and it's bad removal. Probably should be 2BB or 3B could actually possibly get away with 2B or 1BB.

Some tap effect

Is that tap cost or taps things?

Iceshard Sprite 1UU
Creature - Fairy U
Flying
1U, T: Tap target creature it does not untap during its controller's next untap phase.
1/2

Challenge: Data.

braveheart
2015-09-08, 02:44 PM
The challenge as vague to allow for choice, and that is a very nice repeatable frost.

All knowing 5UU
Enchantment - R (un)
You may look at the top 5 cards of all libraries at any time, and all opponents play with their hands revealed.
a wise man can use information as his greatest weapon, a fool would never bother playing this card

Make 2 cards that interact with each other by name

Blue Ghost
2015-09-08, 07:07 PM
Looking at the top five cards of libraries seems like it's gonna be a hassle, and doesn't really offer any concrete advantage over just looking at the top, since by the time they're relevant, you're going to have seen them anyway. May be a bit overcosted, but I think it could work as a black-bordered card.

I'm gonna resubmit the cards I designed for the contest thread a few weeks back.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a560/BlueGhostITP/Plusle_zpsgtod9x6v.jpghttp://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a560/BlueGhostITP/Minun_zpsiudsgllo.jpg

Next: A burn spell.

Ionbound
2015-09-08, 09:54 PM
Plusle and Minun, eh? Not a bad concept at all. Especially how they work together to give all your weenies an anthem. Pretty nice, all in all. I like it.

Afterburn-2RR

Enchantment-U

When ~ enters the battlefield, it deals three damage to target opponent.

T, R: Add a charge counter to ~.

T, Sacrifice ~: Deal damage to target opponent equal to the number of charge counters on ~.

Sometimes you gotta wait for juust the right moment, then boom! Ashes everywhere. -Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Challenge: Create a Jaya Ballard Planeswalker card.

r2d2go
2015-09-08, 11:46 PM
So, the plan is, play this for 4, then several turns later, kill your opponent? Seems far too slow for burn or aggro, so... Red control? Izzet, maybe? Still kinda weak. I'd like it better at 3R, no R for the charge, and no initial damage. Or maybe initial damage to a creature.

This could be a really boring challenge...

Jaya Ballard, Task Mage 1RR
+1: Destroy target blue permanent.
-2: Jaya Ballard, Task Mage deals 3 damage to target creature or player. A creature dealt damage this way can't be regenerated this turn.
-7: Jaya Ballard deals 6 damage to each creature and each player.

But I'm going to make it a bit more interesting, if probably not balanced...

Jaya, Izzet Ascending 2RU
-2: Destroy target permanent. If you control it, put four loyalty counters on ~. If an opponent controls it, they may put it into their hand instead.
-4: Deal 1 damage to each creature and each player. If this a creature dealt damage this way dies, put two loyalty counters on ~ and do it again.
-8: Tap each creature target player controls. For each creature tapped this way, deal 3 damage to its controller.

I don't know why I didn't like them - They make things blow up better!

She soon learned that unless you were Niv Mizzet, higher rank just meant higher chance of blowing yourself up.

Challenge: Another legendary-creature-turned-planeswalker. Bonus points if it uses someone else's card, or if it's a transform-walker like those in Origins.

Edit: Or, burn, I guess.

braveheart
2015-09-10, 01:31 PM
The only problem I have with that one is that even if you kill 10 things with her -4 she dies unless you've already destroyed your own artifact, I'd say let her start at 5 loyalty so that if you scale through many things with the -4 it can get her more loyalty

Riku Master of Reflections 3URG
Legendary Creature - Human, Wizard - MR
1UG: put a token copy of target creature you control onto the battlefield under your control
1UR: copy target instant or sorcery you may choose new targets for the copy
If you control 4 permanents with the same name, exile ~ and return him to the battlefield transformed.
2/2

//

Riku Twin Spark
Planeswalker - Riku - MR
+1: until end of turn whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, copy it, you may select new targets for the copy
+1: until end of turn, whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control put a token copy of it into the battlefield under your control.
-3: put a token copy of target non land permanent onto the battlefield under your control.
-8: put a token copy of each non land permanent you control onto the battlefield under your control

Make an interesting land

Jormengand
2015-09-10, 02:14 PM
That's an awful lot of complexity for "This is a guy who copies things."

Where Angels Fell
Land R
Flying, Lifelink, Deathtouch
T: add 1 to your mana pool.

I hope the intended use is fairly obvious.

Next: Something else that requires something else to function properly.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-10, 08:04 PM
But Jooooorm, all of the good land-animation stuff is in greeeeeen. This is clearly supposed to be a black/white card, but what's an actual black/white deck going to do with it? Nothin'. :smallfrown:

It's still a fun idea, though. Just gotta get that criticism in there. :smalltongue:

Researcher of Obscurity 2U
Creature - Moonfolk Wizard U
Flying
If you would draw a card, you may choose whether to draw it from the top or bottom of your library.
1/3

Challenge! Something that puts something into temporary exile.

r2d2go
2015-09-11, 12:37 AM
I'm sure there's a way to abuse this somehow :smallbiggrin: but, since I can't think of it, it seems like a very reasonable dude.

Flickerbeam 3
Artifact - U
~ enters the battlefield with three charge counters on it.
T, 1, Remove a charge - Tap target creature. If you paid W for this ability, exile it, then return it to the battlefield.
"I think it's just a lantern, but sur-"

Challenge: Something else that depends on colored mana payment. Yes, technically you could just make a colored spell, but that's boring :smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2015-09-11, 01:17 AM
The two modes should be two separate abilities, since they have nothing to do with each other. I'd perhaps want the tap ability to cost colored mana as well, either white or blue, since it's about the same power level as the other.

Herald of Silent Worlds 8
Creature - Eldrazi (M)
Colored permanents don't untap during their controllers' untap steps.
2/W: Untap target permanent. Any player may activate this ability.
7/11

This is part of a cycle of Eldrazi with activated abilities that any player can activate.

Next: Make another Eldrazi in the cycle.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-12, 12:25 AM
It's kind of an oppressive feel-bad mechanic, but Eldrazi are just kind of like that, and for 8 mana you generally deserve to inflict that kind of beating. I see how it's encouraged to be in a White-ish Eldrazi deck, but it's still interesting that it's weaker against white-playing opponents as well, which might make some devs cringe a bit. The combination of Stasis and Untapping feels more like a blue ability to me, but these things do shift around a bit and I'm not sure where it stands officially right now.

Also, it suddenly occurs to me that the repeatable untap ability is probably the most valuable part of it, just as a combo piece... but, you know, 8 mana, what are you going to do that you couldn't already. That I had to focus on these nits should say that this is a pretty decent card. What really burns my bacon is that I can't think of anything to reasonably go in a cycle with it.

Colored creatures can't block.
(2/r): Target creature can block this turn. Any player may activate this ability.

2(2/u)(2/u), Discard a card: counter target colored spell. Any player may activate this ability.

You win the game. Just, all the time.
(2/b): target player stops winning the game until end of turn. Any player may activate this ability.

See what I mean?

Herald of Blank Minds 9
Creature - Eldrazi M
Your opponents skip their draw steps.
2(2/u): Draw a card. Any player may activate this ability.
8/12

Challenge! Make something else with an, 'any player may activate this ability,' thing. It doesn't have to be an oppressive Eldrazi this time, though.

necrochicken
2015-09-12, 02:57 PM
meh....................
I don't feel like either of them feel like eldrazi.

Orzhov Bloodthirster b/w b/w b/w b/w

Creature- Vampire Advisor

Lifelink, Deathtouch

bb: target player looses 2 life. any player can activate this.
ww:target player gains 2 life. any player can activate this.
3/3

r2d2go
2015-09-12, 06:22 PM
Seems... mostly fine, though perhaps the activated abilities need to be tap abilities or limited to 1/turn. Otherwise, I can see mono black using this to say "well, you're on a 2 turn clock, good luck!". That, or make the color costs more stringent - 2WB, or even WWBB, to make the color weight of the activated abilities more meaningful.

Also, you're missing a challenge, so I'll go back and do the last ninja'd one, which was... Make a card that cares about the graveyard.

Mortifright GGBB
Creature - Elemental R
~'s power and toughness equal the number of creatures in your graveyard.
GG - ~ gets Trample until end of turn.
BB - Regenerate ~.
*/*

Challenge: Another card with 4 color weight. Or, something based on two existing cards - This one's Splinterfright (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=227301) and Mortivore. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=MORTIVORE) Bonus points for both.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-12, 07:49 PM
Well, it's a card, and it has a pretty clear ancestry. You can play it, and it'll be fun in the right deck, though a bit more expensive to play than the people who usually run that deck would like. Is trample valuable enough to mirror regeneration in cost? For a big creature that's tough to kill either way, maybe. Not bad.

Phlogiston Snake UURR
Creature - Snake R
Flash
When Phlogiston Snake enters the battlefield, counter target spell.
When Phlogiston Snake dies, destroy target land.
3/1

(It's a combination of Mystic Snake (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=26421) and Fire Snake (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=4338), in case it wasn't clear.)

EDIT: ...and yeah, it is a pretty disgusting value machine. "Trade with your 3/3 and Time Walk you" should probably cost at least 1UURR. Ah well.

Challenge! This is actually kind of fun! Make another card that mashes two less interesting cards together.

Jormengand
2015-09-12, 07:56 PM
So, even "Counter target spell. Destroy target land" for UURR is insanely good. The 3/1 is just an added bonus.

Champion of Destinies 3WW
Creature - Human Soldier R
Whenever a human enters the battlefield under your control, put a charge counter on Champion of Destinies.
Humans you control get +1/+1 for each charge counter on Champion of Destinies.
1/1

(Champion of the Parish and Door of Destinies)

Next: Another expensive but small creature.

BillyDeeWilliam
2015-09-13, 12:34 AM
Pretty good, if a little vulnerable. Also an interesting combination of two cards I find dreadfully boring.

Kor Dreamcatcher 2WW
Creature-Kor Shaman; U

Flash
Kor Dreamcatcher gets +2/+2 for each Aura attached to it.
When Kor Dreamcatcher enters the battlefield, you may change the target of any number of Aura spells to target Kor Dreamcatcher.

0/2

I made this an uncommon because I think it sounded cooler in my head.

Next: A manland.

Zaydos
2015-09-13, 01:17 AM
Kor Dreamcatcher 2WW
Creature-Kor Shaman; U

Flash
Kor Dreamcatcher gets +2/+2 for each Aura attached to it.
When Kor Dreamcatcher enters the battlefield, you may change the target of any number of Aura spells to target Kor Dreamcatcher.

0/2

I made this an uncommon because I think it sounded cooler in my head.

Well I enjoy playing Aura decks... and even then this feels... Well you have to be playing with Auras against someone else who plays Auras or else this is a 0/2 +2/+2 for each aura or a 0/2 steal an aura for 4. Flash gives it something but compared to other +2/+2 per aura creatures it's rather overpriced. I mean I'd rather have Kor Spiritdancer (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=271151) any day, and even Graceblade Artisan (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=394584) makes it rather sad.

Next: A manland.

Cavern of the Ancestors
Land
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add W to your mana pool.
1WW: ~ becomes a 3/3 white Spirit creature with Menace and Lifelink until end of turn. It's still a land.

Challenge: A Llanowar elf has risen above his brethren to Legendary status (and possibly a higher mana cost). Make this elf.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-13, 01:46 AM
White doesn't get menace currently, though I can see menace expanding to white in the future. Still odd for a white manland to get menace, especially if it's part of a cycle. But I can see it happening in the right circumstances. Pretty good card.
Keywords shouldn't be capitalized, by the way.

Faelina, Guardian of Llanowar 1GG
Legendary Creature - Elf Druid (M)
Whenever a Forest enters the battlefield under your control, put a 1/1 green Elf creature token onto the battlefield.
Tap an untapped Elf you control: Add G to your mana pool.
2/2

Next: A legendary Demon for Innistrad.

somethingrandom
2015-09-13, 02:31 AM
I think given the body either ability would be good on a 3 mana creature both seams a bit much. I am never very confident when judging cards though so you may not want to take what I say to seriously.
Dresnoct, Archdemon of Sloth UUUUBBBB
Legendary Creature - Demon MR
When ~ enters the battlefield tap all creatures.
Creatures enter the battlefield taped.
Creatures do not untap during there controllers untap phase.
U/B: Untap target creature you control. Any player may active but only during their upkeep.
Pay 2 life: Untap target creature you control. Any player may active but only during their upkeep.
1/5
Challenge: Make a card that generates mana that is not green, artifact or land.

necrochicken
2015-09-13, 10:18 AM
Its not feeling u/b. also an over priced card, very annoying, but other than that, It is ok.

Helldrinker Lawspitter 5

Creature-Weird Wizard
r/b: Add u or w to your mana pool.

prowess

3/3

CHALLANGE: Make a 4 coloured creature with no plot twists.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-13, 11:23 PM
Well, it's certainly weird for a wizard, and it sure does drink hell and spit law. How any of this gives it prowess or is worth the five mana investment, I cannot say. It's kind of an odd combination, even if you consider prowess to be the quintessential non-green ability. It would probably make more sense to make it a thrull or a golem or something and just reduce the cost a bit to make it a more viable mana-fixer.

Anyway. "No plot twists?" I'm not sure what that means. Unless...

Dream-ender Nephilim WBRG
Creature - Nephilim R
Dream-ender Nephilim can't be countered.
Players can't cast spells except during their main phase.
Trample
5/5

Challenge! Make something with a plot twist.

Zaydos
2015-09-13, 11:40 PM
Dream-ender Nephilim WBRG
Creature - Nephilim R
Dream-ender Nephilim can't be countered.
Players can't cast spells except during their main phase.
Trample
5/5

Surprisingly functional, though does the fact that all its abilities fit Green and it could probably pass as GGGG (maybe 1GGGG or 2GGG) count as a plot twist?

Challenge! Make something with a plot twist.

Twist Ending 4UU
Enchantment R (Un)
Flash
If you would lose the game roll 1d6 if you roll a 5 or a 6 you win the game instead. If you roll a 1 you owe the winner a Coke product.
This card brought to you by Coca-Cola

Seriously what does a plot twist mean in this scenario? Breaking the color wheel? Me making a non-Green card?

Dirty Imp 3B
Creature - Imp R
When ~ dies, if you are at 5 or less life, you may return it to the battlefield transformed under your control at the beginning of the next end step.
3/4
The beast comes from a pit so foul nothing it touches is ever clean again.

Gunreal, Angel Redeemed
(White color indicator) Legendary Creature - Angel R
Flying, Vigilance
When ~ enters the battlefield you may exile any number of Black cards from your graveyard. Gain twice that much life.
Whenever ~ attacks you may discard a Black card, if you do search your library for a White card reveal it and put it into your hand.
3/5
But no soul is so dirty that it cannot be saved.

Challenge: Make Blistercoil Weird's legendary big brother.

r2d2go
2015-09-14, 01:39 PM
Twist Ending 4UU
Enchantment R (Un)
Flash
If you would lose the game roll 1d6 if you roll a 5 or a 6 you win the game instead. If you roll a 1 you owe the winner a Coke product.
This card brought to you by Coca-Cola

That's a twist, alright :smalltongue:

Dirty Imp 3B
Creature - Imp R
When ~ dies, if you are at 5 or less life, you may return it to the battlefield transformed under your control at the beginning of the next end step.
3/4
The beast comes from a pit so foul nothing it touches is ever clean again.

Gunreal, Angel Redeemed
(White color indicator) Legendary Creature - Angel R
Flying, Vigilance
When ~ enters the battlefield you may exile any number of Black cards from your graveyard. Gain twice that much life.
Whenever ~ attacks you may discard a Black card, if you do search your library for a White card reveal it and put it into your hand.
3/5
But no soul is so dirty that it cannot be saved.

Seems alright? Seems like any control deck running black would like this (especially with sac engines). Black/White for minute life manipulation is even better! So it fits pretty well. I might have gone with Lifelink instead of Vigilance, and maybe made the creatures either mirrored or the same (e.g. 4/4 and 4/4, or 5/3 and 3/5). Pretty good though.

Challenge: Make Blistercoil Weird's legendary big brother.

:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

(aka, Thanks, Zaydos! :smallsmile:)

Scis, Blistercoil Unbound 2(U/R)(U/R)(U/R)
Legendary Creature - Weird R
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, ~ gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Untap it.
(U/R), T - Copy target instant or sorcery spell.
2/2

I'm fairly sure that "casting" means going from hand to stack, so the copies should untap this. Still, might get pretty crazy. Maybe make it 6?

Challenge: Something else with more colored mana than colorless. Or, another thing that both taps and untaps. Bonus points for both.

enderlord99
2015-09-14, 01:58 PM
I... have no idea how to judge that. Which is weird, because it doesn't seem that crazy...

Mana Supernova - {W}{W}{U}{U}{B}{B}{R}{R}{R}{R}{G}{G}

Instant - Mythic Rare

Add {25} to your mana pool. Use this mana only to cast instant or sorcery spells with {X} in their mana costs.

Zaydos
2015-09-14, 01:58 PM
I'm fairly sure that "casting" means going from hand to stack, so the copies should untap this. Still, might get pretty crazy. Maybe make it 6?

Unless the text says "cast" the copy is not cast but simply put onto the stack.

706.9. To copy a spell or activated ability means to put a copy of it onto the stack; a copy of a spell isnt cast and a copy of an activated ability isnt activated. A copy of a spell or ability copies both the characteristics of the spell or ability and all decisions made for it, including modes, targets, the value of X, and additional or alternative costs. Choices that are normally made on resolution are not copied. If an effect of the copy refers to objects used to pay its costs, it uses the objects used to pay the costs of the original spell or ability. A copy of a spell is owned by the player under whose control it was put on the stack. A copy of a spell or ability is controlled by the player under whose control it was put on the stack. A copy of a spell is itself a spell, even though it has no spell card associated with it. A copy of an ability is itself an ability.

Now of course some cards say to "cast a copy" or "cast the copy" specifically. For example Cipher, Isochron Scepter and a few others. This means that if you Cipher say... Hands of Binding... onto something every time it successfully deals damage you will trigger Guttersnipe.

And the challenge was for you.

braveheart
2015-09-14, 02:14 PM
Well I'll just judge that mana blast, it's problem is that you have phyrexian mana, so if you have 19 life and 4 mana you could kill your opponent on turn 4 with a fireball, which seems a little too good.

Sucker Punch 1(B/G)BG
Instant - U
Target creature you control deals damage equal to it's powerto another target creature, then that creature deals damage equal to its power to each creature that damaged it this turn.

It should prevent the second part if it kills the target, and the second one is worded to allow for some interesting use

Make an enchantment

Zaydos
2015-09-14, 03:22 PM
Well I'll just judge that mana blast, it's problem is that you have phyrexian mana, so if you have 19 life and 4 mana you could kill your opponent on turn 4 with a fireball, which seems a little too good.

It doesn't use phyrexian mana, though? It turns 12 mana into 25 with limits. Though your comment makes me think of Channel, Fireball, and why there is a minimum deck size.

Sucker Punch 1(B/G)BG
Instant - U
Target creature you control deals damage equal to it's powerto another target creature, then that creature deals damage equal to its power to each creature that damaged it this turn.

It should prevent the second part if it kills the target, and the second one is worded to allow for some interesting use

Way it's worded is the same as Alpha Brawl (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=262657) which as this ruling

1/22/2011 The two parts of Alpha Brawl's effect happen sequentially: first the targeted creature deals damage, then the other creatures deal damage. State-based actions aren't checked in the middle, so creatures that are dealt lethal damage by the targeted creature will still deal damage.

You would need to say something about if that creature has not received lethal damage or something really awkward to make it work how you intended. At which point it'd be a sub par BG removal with the possibility of some really awkward and difficult to set up shenanigans. If the card worked as intended it should probably be no more than (B/G)BG, even then Putrefy (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=369073) is probably better (putrefy is fairly good though).

Make an enchantment

Drifting Spores 1G
Tribal Enchantment - Fungus R
At the beginning of your upkeep put a spore counter on ~ for each land you control.
Remove 3 spore counters: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield under your control.

Challenge: Make a fungal land.

braveheart
2015-09-14, 06:09 PM
It's a little too good at 2 mana, because it gets you a creature every turn with no extra cost, if you drop just 1 more land than necessary. The idea works, but giving a spore counter per land is too much, maybe 1 per turn plus 1/2 your lands would be balanced at 2 mana to cast

Fungal Grove
Land - U
Fungal Grove enters the battlefield tapped
At the beginning of your upkeep put a spore counter on Fungal Grove.
T: Add G to your mana pool
T: Put a spore counter on Fungal Grove
Remove three spore counters from Fungal Grove: put a 1/1 fungus creature onto the battlefield under your control

Something with flying

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-14, 09:11 PM
It's... pretty nice, actually. If you play it early, on a turn when you didn't need the mana anyway, it gets to contribute to your board state later essentially for free. I even worry that it might wind up being nonsensically popular in any format where games last more than three turns. It's almost certainly better than Dryad Arbor, since you're not set back at all if the tokens die for whatever reason. Also: the tokens are supposed to be Saprolings. Yes, I know it's not even a real word, but that's what they're called.

Looper 2W
Creature - Elemental Spirit C
Flying (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.)
Deft (0: remove this creature from combat. This doesn't cause this creature to become untapped. If this was the only creature assigned to block an attacking creature, that attacking creature becomes unblocked.)
2/1

Challenge! Either remove something from combat that really wanted to fight, or make something join combat even though it has no business fighting.

r2d2go
2015-09-14, 09:48 PM
I think I'd like it better if it was simply "remove ~ from combat". Stronger, sure, but simpler, and allows not just blocking but other tricks (like first strike to deal damage, then Defting out before regular damage is resolved). This is just kinda anti-combat-trick.

I'll do both! :smallbiggrin:

Championless 1(W/B)
Instant - U
Target player chooses a creature in combat with the highest power among creatures in combat, and a creature out of combat with the lowest power among creatures not in combat. The second blocks or becomes blocked by all creatures blocked by or blocking the first creature, then the first is removed from combat.

If that doesn't work...

Championless 1(W/B)
Instant - U
Choose target creature with the highest power among creatures in combat, and target creature with the lowest power among creatures not in combat. Switch their powers and toughnesses.

Challenge: Something that switches something.

necrochicken
2015-09-15, 03:05 PM
w/b? I think not. Not right. otherwise Slightly overpowered but I'm ok with that.

Nonsensical Sector

Land- Labyrinth
ETB tapped
T, pay 2 life:Switch target creature's power and toughness. (This don't stop when turns end.)
T: add 1 to your mana pool for each Labyrinth you control.

Challenge: Another Labyrinth Land

Zaydos
2015-09-15, 03:15 PM
Nonsensical Sector

Land- Labyrinth
ETB tapped
T, pay 2 life:Switch target creature's power and toughness. (This don't stop when turns end.)
T: add 1 to your mana pool for each Labyrinth you control.

The first ability is actually fairly powerful, but the second is actually worrisome. As Cloudpost was a usable card with just the second ability and no other loci and still is a fairly usable card with just the second ability now that Glimmerpost is a thing (and only worth using because of Cloudpust) I'm going to say putting them both on the same card is a bad idea.

Challenge: Another Labyrinth Land

Passages of Shadow
Land - Labyrinth
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
Labyrinth Lands you control have "T: Add B to your mana pool"
BB, T, Discard a card: Target creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn.

Challenge: Cemetery, catacombs, tomb, mausoleum, make a card on these themes.

enderlord99
2015-09-15, 05:23 PM
That seems pretty cool. No idea about balance, though.

Mausoleum of Peace

Land - R

{T}: Cast a white spell from your hand or graveyard without paying its mana cost. Target opponent gains X life, where X is that spell's Converted Mana Cost. Prevent all damage that would be dealt by that spell or any permanents it creates this turn.

Challenge: something else related to death, but not involving Black mana!

Gandariel
2015-09-15, 06:43 PM
Sorry, but this is way, way overpowered. Turn one, play it, drop Serra Avatar or something.
Get some huge white dude in the graveyard, play it for free.
Keep reusing all of your creatures, Wraths, or whatever.

Wishling 1GU
Creature - Spirit U
Flying
Sacrifice ~: Regenerate target creature
2/1
When a creature's wish is strong enough, nature itself will make sure it comes true

Next card: pewpewpew!

Jormengand
2015-09-16, 09:06 AM
Doesn't really seem that great: the Tim who can murder it only costs a little more, and its regen ability isn't very useful when it's dying before the thing it wants to protect can.

Gate-top Ballista 1R
Sorcery U
Gate-top Ballista deals 1 damage for each gate you control, divided as you wish between any number of target creatures or players.
"Protocol #567: If your crossbow isn't effective, you aren't using a big enough crossbow."
- From Boros weapon training manuals.

Next: Another monocolour Ravnica card.

Ionbound
2015-09-16, 10:56 AM
Heheh. Ah, Boros. Good ol' Boros. Nice card, but it really only works well in a specific kind of deck and only as an alternate win-condition or damage-based removal. And if, for some reason, you can't get your Dragon's Maze out, then...Yeah. Nice flavor, though. Just not a card I'd think would see print.

Orzhov Healer-1W

Creature-Human Cleric-U

Put X -1/-1 counters on a creature you control. Gain X life.

Of course I can heal him. As long as you're willing to pay our price.

1/1

Challenge: Create a card that uses an ability that isn't from their plane. (Ex. A card with Transform from Ravnica, or a card with Ninjitsu from Dominaria)

r2d2go
2015-09-16, 12:18 PM
I assume the first part is a cost, rather than an ETB or other effect. If so, this is basically "sac a creature, gain infinite life", because as written you can just dump things onto the creature. Easy fix though - just make it work with one counter at a time. Since the -1/-1 is a cost, it should make whatever dude is getting weakened die as a state-based action before you can stack it again, thus no infinite stacking.

In any case, I'd probably make this 1(w/b) or WB, since -1/-1 counters (especially out of Phyrexia) is not a white thing. I mean, you called it orzhov :smalltongue:

Pretty cool though :smallbiggrin:

Icecrash Weird 3UR
Creature - Weird U
Provoke, First Strike, Hexproof, Trample
Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, tap it and remove it from combat. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
2/5

Challenge: Something cold, or something hot. Bonus points for both :smalltongue:

Gandariel
2015-09-16, 03:03 PM
So.... that is a bunch of words. It's functional and reasonably powerful lock down,, I suppose, but I don't like the stacking of abilities.

It makes sense in Akroma because that's the point. She is a badass.
Here? It's more like a (particularly profitable) business contract.

Now, time for a horrible joke and a low powered combat trick.

Kitty Parry 1W
Instant C
Summon a 2/1 white Cat with first strike blocking target attacking creature.
She's hot and she's cold...

Next, a bomb (in any sense of the word)

Zaydos
2015-09-16, 03:11 PM
Kitty Parry 1W
Instant C
Summon a 2/1 white Cat with first strike blocking target attacking creature.
She's hot and she's cold...

Probably should be a 3 drop or uncommon for sealed purposes. It is acceptably within White's color pie, though flashing in blockers (even in token form) is more Green than White. The first strike makes it strong, though, as it will usually get you a creature and remove one, and a 2/1 first strike flash would probably be a 3 drop especially as a common, but might slip by as a 2 drop at Uncommon or as a UW or GW.

Next, a bomb (in any sense of the word)

Volatile Dragon 3RR
Creature - Dragon R
Flying
When ~ deals damage to a player you may sacrifice it and pay X to deal X damage to that player.
When ~ blocks sacrifice it and deal 8 damage to the blocked creature.
4/4

Challenge: Make a golem.

r2d2go
2015-09-16, 07:55 PM
I'd give you bonus points for that :smalltongue:

Anyway, it's not bad. I think the wording needs an edit ("...sacrifice it and pay X. If you do, deal X damage to that player."), since "to do ____" is like Alpha wording. Still, it's pretty cool - it acts as a beater, a finisher, and removal.

Eternity Splicer 5
Artifact Creature - Golem R
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a 3/3 colorless Golem artifact creature token onto the battlefield.
Golems you control have "T - Put a charge counter Eternity Splicer".
T, Remove 5 charge counters from ~: put a 3/3 colorless Golem artifact creature token onto the battlefield.
3/3

Edit: Shoot, I just realized how much more abusable tap abilities are on artifacts. Uhh... I guess I could make it a regular splicer (nonartifact Artificer instead of Golem), but then it wouldn't fit the challenge. Hm.

Challenge: Something else that makes things.

Medival Wombat
2015-09-17, 10:08 AM
Skyweavers Broodmother GG4
Creature, Spider -Rare
Reach
Everytime, a creature that your opponent controls becomes blocked, put a 0/1 green spider token with reach into the battlefield.
2/5
"Great, now those bastards are all over us. Good job, lad..." - dwarven hunting party

Next: A counter for counterspells

braveheart
2015-09-17, 10:54 AM
It's good and big, but honestly it seems overpriced

Burn Through 1RR
Instant - U
Counter target blue spell that targets an instant or sorcery you control, deal 1 damage to that spells controller.
"Sometimes you need to put a little more heat behind it to get through" - unknown pyromancer

Make a trap spell (has an alternate and dramatically cheaper cost you can use to cast under the right circumstances)

Blue Ghost
2015-09-17, 01:03 PM
Counterspelling is still strictly a blue thing. The flavor and gameplay does help it make sense in red, but I'm still not comfortable with it. It's very narrow and overcosted, but I guess that's the price you pay for being a red counterspell.

Rigged with Explosives 3R
Instant - Trap (C)
Rigged with Explosives costs {3} less if an artifact entered the battlefield under an opponent's control this turn.
Destroy target artifact. Rigged with Explosives deals 2 damage to that artifact's controller.

Next: A baby dragon.

Zaydos
2015-09-17, 01:20 PM
Rigged with Explosives 3R
Instant - Trap (C)
Rigged with Explosives costs {3} less if an artifact entered the battlefield under an opponent's control this turn.
Destroy target artifact. Rigged with Explosives deals 2 damage to that artifact's controller.

Probably should be only 2 less to cast as a trap.

Next: A baby dragon.

Immature Firespitter 1RR
Creature - Dragon R
Flying
RR, discard a card: Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
2/2

Challenge: A legendary wolf.

Jormengand
2015-09-17, 01:34 PM
So... it's a spellshaper for BadShock? Except that BadShock apparently makes you deal the damage personally, which is odd. All around, it's just a weird card and a kinda disappointing rare.

Fenrisulfr, the Wolf of Ragnarok 3RB
Legendary Creature - Wolf Demigod R
Haste, Trample
As long as your devotion to black and to red isn't less than 6, Fenrisulfr gets +4/+4
3/1

Next: Another demigod with the same mechanic (As long as your devotion to X isn't less than Y).

Gandariel
2015-09-17, 01:49 PM
... why "isn't less than"?
Couldn't it just be "is more than"?
I think this guy isn't really good. Too weak without the bonus, not THAT unreasonable with it.
I'd rather just have Lava Axe.

Ajara, spider emperess 3WG
Legendary creature - spider R
Reach.
As long as your devotion to green and white is more than 6, ~ can block two additional creature and has Deathtouch
3/7

Next, green removal (of whatever you want )

Jormengand
2015-09-17, 02:36 PM
... why "isn't less than"?
Couldn't it just be "is more than"?

Because those don't mean the same thing. What about 6 itself? "Isn't less than" is far easier to write than "Is equal to or greater than". Sure, I could have said that it was more than 5, but it feels more distant from the gods at that point.

Anyway, it's probably fine, though I'm a bit wary of basically banning your opponent from ever attacking if your devotion is enough.

Urbanisation 3PG
Sorcery - U
Destroy target land. Search your library for a city and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
Sometimes, the habitats of animals must make way for the habitats of humans.

Treeburst GG
Sorcery U
Destroy target creature. Its controller puts X 1/1 saproling creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is the destroyed creature's toughness.
Life begets life... and death.

Next: Blue removal, this time.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-17, 02:44 PM
"Is 6 or greater" is much easier to grok than "isn't less than 6", and is the same amount of words.

Urbanization is fine. Probably won't see much play, but land destruction can't be too strong. Could possibly be a common.

Crystal Prison 2UU
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant creature
When Crystal Prison enters the battlefield, tap enchanted creature.
You control enchanted creature.
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.

Next: A blue ramp card.

braveheart
2015-09-17, 02:52 PM
It's a big spider that will stop flyers, not overcostedafyer upgrade, and only slightly bad without, plus you're in the right colors to give it first strike, so that's a nice bonus

Purify 3G
Sorcery - U
Destroy target enchantment, and put a number of +1/+1 counters on target creature equal to it's converted mana cost

(I'm not sure if that is undercosted, if so I was also thinking 3GG as the cost instead)

Make a colorless nonartifact

r2d2go
2015-09-17, 09:16 PM
Purify 3G
Sorcery - U
Destroy target enchantment, and put a number of +1/+1 counters on target creature equal to it's converted mana cost

(I'm not sure if that is undercosted, if so I was also thinking 3GG as the cost instead)

Double ninja'd, but I'll critique anyway. This varies wildly depending on set it's printed in - Printing in Theros, it'd certainly be overpowered, and need to cost more like 4GG. However, in most sets, it'd merely be a very strong sideboard. Still might deserve 4G.

Crystal Prison 2UU
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant creature
When Crystal Prison enters the battlefield, tap enchanted creature.
You control enchanted creature.
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.

Next: A blue ramp card.

Pretty strong. Obviously worse than Control Magic, but can still swing games when stealing dudes that are powerful for their abilities rather than their raw P/T. Probably wouldn't make too many waves though, I think it's on the appropriately costed side of things (though, for example, the same thing at UUU might be too much).

Magus of the Tide U
Creature - Merfolk Shaman
T - The next time a player taps an island for mana this turn, that player adds U to their mana pool.
1/1

Challenge: Another Magus - a card that references a (preferably old) card and puts it into creature form. This one was of High Tide (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=382974). Another example is Magus of the Future. (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Discussion.aspx?multiverseid=136051) Enchantments, Artifacts and Lands each already have a cycle, so anything that's not one of those is extra good too.

Ionbound
2015-09-17, 09:25 PM
Seems decent enough as far as magi go. Probably playable in the right kind of deck, kinda eh outside of it. Like most of the magi, really.

Magus of the Lotus-2GG

Creature-Human Wizard-MR

T, Sacrifice a non-land permanent: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool.

1/1

Challenge: Create a Black Lotus-style card with Transform.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-17, 09:59 PM
Gilded Lotus is a fair card at 5 mana, so I think the Magus, being a turn slower, with a heavy color requirement, and a sacrifice requirement, should be fair. A balanced callback to Black Lotus is always nice. I like it.

Lotus Seed 0
Artifact (R)
Landfall--Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, put a bloom counter on Lotus Seed.
T, Remove 3 bloom counters from Lotus Seed: Transform Lotus Seed.
---
Ancient Lotus
Artifact
T, Sacrifice Ancient Lotus: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool.

Next: Something Phyrexian.

Ninjaman
2015-09-17, 11:13 PM
Lotus Bloom doesn't work until turn 4 and with landfall this can easily work turn 2, which seems too powerful.

Phyrexian Lotus - 1
T, Sacrifice Phyrexian Lotus and another artifact: Add 3 to your mana pool.

Another artifact you can sacrifice

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-17, 11:35 PM
Point of order: I think BG's lotus is still tapped after it transforms, so your opponent has at least one chance to Shatter it if need be.

Your lotus seems fine. You can sacrifice Cathodion to it for added fun and/or eldrazi value. Apparently phyrexia and eldrazi are friends in this format.

Medic Gnome 2
Artifact Creature - Gnome C
T, Sacrifice Medic Gnome: Regenerate target creature.
1/2

Challenge! Make another thing that involves regeneration.

braveheart
2015-09-18, 01:39 PM
Why is a gnome an artifact? Otherwise it seems fine, weak, but printable

Undying Loyalty 2B
Instant - U
Regenerate target creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it, and its owner gains control of it

Make something that changes who controls a permanent

Zaydos
2015-09-18, 01:48 PM
Why is a gnome an artifact? Otherwise it seems fine, weak, but printable

Gnomes are artifacts in Magic. Specifically little robot people who you tend to sac for an effect.

Undying Loyalty 2B
Instant - U
Regenerate target creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it, and its owner gains control of it

I guess it works. I wouldn't run it, but I can see uses.

Make something that changes who controls a permanent

Dream Bazaar
Land - R
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
T: Gain control of target creature. That creature's controller gains control of ~. Activate this ability only if you own ~.
My ambition bought me dreams, but lost me my greatest love.

Challenge: Norse theme!

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-19, 03:25 AM
Yikes. Even without the only-its-owner-can-use-it clause, Dream Bazaar would have been incredible value. The closest existing card would have been the avarice totem thing, and that was pretty expensive if I recall correctly. This version just looks like you left out most of the ability's cost by mistake.

Fire Troll 2RG
Creature - Troll R
R: Fire Troll gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
1G: Regenerate Fire Troll.
4/4

...at least, I think that fire trolls and ice trolls are things in norse mythology.

Challenge! Make something with X in its cost or its text. You can also put an X in its name if you're feeling saucy.

Ninjaman
2015-09-19, 08:47 AM
There are fire jötunn who live in muspelheim. The regenerative part is probably more debatable though.
I like the card, reminds me a bit of charging troll, so the powerlevel seems alright.

Xenrath's Wrath - XBR
Sorcery - R
Xenrath's Wrath deals X damage to target creature or player.
Xenrath's Wrath deals X damage to another target creature or player.

Make another X spell.

Jormengand
2015-09-19, 09:22 AM
I don't think you need to make them two separate abilities, you can just make it X damage to target C/P and X damage to another target C/P. Anyway, I'm almost worried about the power level, but comparing Cone of Flame, it seems all right.

Overwhelming Aggression 1(R/G)
Instant - R
Target creature you control gets +X/-X until end of turn, where you choose the value of X.
Draw a card.
Sometimes, the answer is just to hit something really hard.

Next: Another "You choose the value of X" card.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-19, 01:26 PM
Seems very entertaining! Let's see, criticism... I'm pretty sure that Overwhelming Aggression would rather just be red. That's where most of the flowstone stuff is anyway, and Green wants to actually survive the fights it gets into. :smalltongue: Besides that, I also don't see much reason for it to be rare as opposed to uncommon. It's just a normal combat trick that happens to cycle itself, and, 'pick a number,' isn't too hard to understand. Yeah, it could turn your random 1/8 into an insta-kill after your opponent lets it through, but that's kind of a low-percentage scenario anyway.

Brain Bleed - B
Sorcery - MR
Choose a value for X. Target player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard and you lose X life.

EDIT: ...yeah, it should probably just be rare. Not uncommon, though; it's extremely build-aroundey, and it's the sort of card you only want to cast exactly once in a game.

Challenge! A one-mana permanent that you do not want to play on turn 1.

Zaydos
2015-09-19, 01:46 PM
Brain Bleed - B
Sorcery - MR
Choose a value for X. Target player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard and you lose X life.

I like it. Only complaint is that it shouldn't be mythic. Maybe rare, but probably uncommon.

Challenge! A one-mana permanent that you do not want to play on turn 1.

Firestarter Goblin R
Creature - Goblin Warrior C
Spell Mastery - When ~ enters the battlefield, if there are two or more instant and/or sorcery cards in your graveyard, deal 2 damage to target creature or player.

Krajling G
Creature - Ooze Mutant R
~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature you control with Graft and a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature you control with Evolve.
0/0

Challenge: Make something Golgari.

Ninjaman
2015-09-19, 01:54 PM
I like it, but I don't think it should be common, probably uncommon. Also you are lacking P/T which I am guessing is 1/1.

Undercity Knight - 1BG
Picture of a zombie riding a huge beetle.
Creature - Zombie Knight - R
Trample
BG: Regenerate Undercity Knight. Put a +1/+1 counter on it if it regenerates this way.
3/3

Another card tied to one of the guilds of ravnica.

Zaydos
2015-09-19, 02:04 PM
I like it, but I don't think it should be common, probably uncommon. Also you are lacking P/T which I am guessing is 1/1.

Yes it is.

Undercity Knight - 1BG
Picture of a zombie riding a huge beetle.
Creature - Zombie Knight - R
Trample
BG: Regenerate Undercity Knight. Put a +1/+1 counter on it if it regenerates this way.
3/3

There is precedence for that wording! Back in Weatherlight days but it works. It's a pretty strong creature (I mean troll ascetic still pulls its weight) and I might make it a little weaker in P or T, but with the continual power creep in rare creatures, especially 3 drops, it works.

Another card tied to one of the guilds of ravnica.

Experiment Zero UG
Creature - Ooze Mutant R
~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature you control with Graft and a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature you control with Evolve.
0/0
After the failure that was Kraj pieces of the monstrosity were collected. They still live and grow, one of the last vestiges of Vig's vision.

Challenge: Another card tied to a Blue guild of Ravnica other than Simic.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-19, 02:48 PM
It's cute! The flavor is neat, and it could even probably be printed. I'm not sure if anyone's going to be super-happy to open it, though. The idea of Graft and Evolve creatures isn't necessarily to have tons of them, and if you do, chances are your board is already full of the biggest creatures around. Since the poor little ooze is so useless on its own, it's hard to justify running it.

Skyknight Dispatcher - 4W
Creature - Human Knight C
Flying
Set Down - If you would draw a card, you may instead put a 2/2 white Pegasus creature token with Flying onto the battlefield.
When Skyknight Dispatcher enters the battlefield, if U was spent to cast it, draw a card.
2/2

Challenge! Make something small, but expensive. (It's not necessarily a creature.)

necrochicken
2015-09-19, 03:50 PM
What guild was that? Selesnya?

Rallymaster Vainguard 3ww

Vigilance
when ~ deals combat damage to a player, sac it and put 4 1/1 white solder creature tokens on the battlefield.
1/1

CHALLENGE: Cthulhu!

Zaydos
2015-09-19, 04:06 PM
What guild was that? Selesnya?

Azorius I'm betting.

Rallymaster Vainguard 3ww

Vigilance
when ~ deals combat damage to a player, sac it and put 4 1/1 white solder creature tokens on the battlefield.
1/1

5 mana gets you 4 1/1 tokens already. This is significantly worse than that. This is a neat idea, but it could be 2W, maybe even WW, or be "when ~ deals combat damage to a player, put 4 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens on the battlefield." Also the word you're looking for is Vanguard.

CHALLENGE: Cthulhu!

R'lyeh
Legendary Land - R
T: Add 1 to your mana pool, then add U to your mana pool unless any player chooses to put the top 2 cards in their library into the graveyard.
Even beneath the waves, the non-euclidean geometries and cyclopean towers seem to draw in the minds of the psychically sensitive and trap them within.

Challenge: Legendary Land.

Jormengand
2015-09-19, 04:13 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure I like {1}{U} or {1} and mill 2, and even the choice isn't enough to save you from the fact that this is pretty powerful.

Hall of Guilds
Legendary Land R
T: Add 1 mana to your mana pool of any colour that a gate you control could have produced.

Next: Another card with gate synergy.

Ninjaman
2015-09-19, 05:45 PM
Seems fair enough, though it really sucks if you don't have a gate. Would have been awesome if it was a gate itself so you could play it in maze's end.

Chief of the Gates - 2WW
Creature - Human Soldier - U
When Chief of the Gates enters the battlefield put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield for each gate you control.
Creatures you control have vigilance.
2/2

Another dude that makes dudes.

Zaydos
2015-09-19, 06:01 PM
Chief of the Gates - 2WW
Creature - Human Soldier - U
When Chief of the Gates enters the battlefield put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield for each gate you control.
Creatures you control have vigilance.
2/2

It's mono colored but requires you to play multiple colors. 4 power and 6 toughness in 2 creatures, is the standard for same price and 2 gates. The vigilance makes this better but the other was not a great card. Checks out.

Another dude that makes dudes.

Sprouting Hydropon 1UG
Creature - Plant Mutant
Defender
Whenever a non-token creature enters the battlefield under your control with 3 or greater power or toughness put a 0/0 green Plant Mutant token with Graft 1 (This creature enters the battlefield with one +1/+1 counter on it. Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you may move a +1/+1 counter from this creature onto it.) onto the battlefield under your control.
0/4

Challenge: Another dude that makes dudes.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-19, 06:09 PM
I think it would be cleaner if it just cared about toughness, and I don't see any reason for the nontoken restriction. Graft tokens are an amusing idea, and would make a cool set mechanic. I like it.

Vizkopa Deacon 3B
Creature - Human Cleric (C)
Exploit
When Vizkopa Deacon exploits a creature, put two 1/1 white and black Thrull creature tokens onto the battlefield.
3/3

Next: A dude that unmakes dudes.

Jormengand
2015-09-19, 06:18 PM
Huh. It makes sense, I guess. Not great, but common so ehh.

The Bereft 3BBBB
Legendary Creature - Nightmare MR
Outcast (The Bereft can't be exiled)
Whenever a creature dealt damage by The Bereft this turn would die, put it outside the game instead. (Don't exile it. It goes in a player's sideboard if they have one.)
Whenever The Bereft would enter a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library instead.
7/5

Next: A dudette who makes dudes or a dude who makes dudettes. Try to think of a good reason why, too. :smalltongue:

Passive Pete
2015-09-19, 09:39 PM
In my mind "remove from the game" and "exile" always meant the same thing, so I never truly understood why different wordings for that are used, but all that aside, I like the idea of your card. Those big black funky cards always amused me.

Siren of the Lost Isles 2UG
Creature - Siren U
Flying
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, put a 1/1 human creature token onto the battlefield
Tap three untapped humans you control: Draw a card
2/2

Challenge: Make a Dragons of Tarkir style Dragonlord, but for Boros colors.

Zaydos
2015-09-19, 10:04 PM
In my mind "remove from the game" and "exile" always meant the same thing, so I never truly understood why different wordings for that are used, but all that aside, I like the idea of your card. Those big black funky cards always amused me.

"Remove from the game" is an obsolete terminology for "exile" from before that term was introduced. The card is a good example of what would have to be done if cards that messed with the exile zone became common place and why it would not be a good thing (better approach would be to introduce an entirely new zone for cards to work with which has a whole slew of its own problems).

Siren of the Lost Isles 2UG
Creature - Siren U
Flying
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, put a 1/1 human creature token onto the battlefield
Tap three untapped humans you control: Draw a card
2/2

So Emeria Angel but UG instead of White (that's actually an improvement since Green is full of landfall enablers) but -1/-1 and non-flying tokens for a draw engine. I'd say it should still be a rare like Emeria Angel.

Challenge: Make a Dragons of Tarkir style Dragonlord, but for Boros colors.

Dragonlord Amorilka 4RW
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon MR
First Strike, Flying
When ~ deals combat damage to a player put two +1/+1 counters on each other attacking creature you control.
7/5

Challenge: Make a Legendary Red Green Elf.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-20, 01:25 AM
Uses the same technology as Drana, which is a clever idea that I quite like. I think it fits quite well on a red/white dragonlord. A bit less cool now that Drana's already done it though.

Zynria, Landscape Artist 1RG
Legendary Creature - Elf Shaman (R)
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, until end of turn, that land is a 3/3 Elemental creature with haste that's still a land.
{T}: Exile the top card of your library. If it's a land card, you may put it into play.
2/2

Next: A scheme card.

somethingrandom
2015-09-20, 06:47 AM
Seams more than a little to powerful for a 3 mana card. It combines the important ability of Courser of Kruphix (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=378491) and Exploration (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=382262) and a land animation ability.

One or All
Scheme
When you set this scheme in motion target opponent chooses one or all. If one is chosen destroy target creature. If all is chosen destroy all creatures.

Create a plane card for a plane that does not have one.(planechase)

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-20, 08:15 PM
Okay. That's really all I have to say about schemes. I forget exactly how you play them; if you just have to flip them from the top of the deck, this one can hilariously backfire if the Archenemy was ahead on board originally. Otherwise, it's still kind of worse than either a board wipe or a removal spell, but since schemes aren't meant for serious competition or anything, it can suit a purpose either way.

Ha Ha, This Plane Doesn't Exist Anymore
Plane - Mirrodin
When you planeswalk to CARDNAME NOT FOUND

*MTGO crashes for both players*

*Game ends in a draw*

Real Life
Plane - Earth
When you planeswalk to Real Life, all players take a five-minute break from playing Magic: the Gathering.
At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent asks you a personal question, which you must answer. (The answer can be a lie.)
Whenever you roll CHAOS, ask target opponent a personal question, which they must answer.

Challenge! A card that involves delaying something.

Tom the Mime
2015-09-21, 05:36 AM
Seems like a fun joke card. Might even put in a clause about getting fresh air or natural light.

Arcane stutter 1U
Instant - U
Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, exile it with 2 time counters and it gains suspend rather than putting it in that players graveyard.

Make a card that only costs hybrid or phyrexian mana

braveheart
2015-09-21, 12:06 PM
Interesting, it delays, and is better than putting it back in their hand, maybe? It's certainly the right cost, I just don't know how to judge it

Feather Backbreaker (U/B)(U/B)
(Image of a camel trapped beneath a feather 10 times larger than it)
Instant - U
If blue mana was spent to cast ~, target creature gets -4/-0 until end of turn.
If black mana was spent to cast ~, target creature gets -0/-2 until end of turn.

Make an instant in 2 colors

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-21, 06:52 PM
I like the image, and the effect seems kind of balanced-ish. It could probably get away with being common, especially if you change one of those mana symbols to a colorless. But, are you sure this wouldn't be better in the Hearthstone contest? :smalltongue:

Scavenger's Feast 2(b/g)
Instant - C
Exile any number of target creature cards in target player's graveyard. Put that many +1/+1 counters on target creature you control.

Challenge! Make a medium-sized flying creature.

1pwny
2015-09-21, 08:34 PM
I'm not up to date on my Golgari, so I can't give you a full review, but that seems vaguely powerful, for a common at least. That might be balanced by the cost though, Hmmmm.....

Vedalken Tern 2U
Artifact Creature - Bird (C)
Flying
~ can only block creatures with flying.
3/2

Challenge: Artifact with artifact synergy in a cool way.

braveheart
2015-09-22, 02:46 AM
It's a simple artifact bird, although it would be a bit too prevalent in limited formats at common, it is still printable

Infinigenerator 4
Artifact - R
T: add (1) to your mana pool
T: artifacts you control get "T:add (1) to your mana pool" until end of turn

Make a nongreen plant creature

Blue Ghost
2015-09-22, 12:36 PM
I think it would be cleaner if the second ability were a static one that was always on rather than an activated one. Would just feel much better if it could generate mana along with your other artifacts. Other than that, I quite like it.

Graverobber Bramble B
Creature - Plant (C)
Defender
Whenever a creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Graverobber Bramble.
0/3

Next: A blue Spider.

necrochicken
2015-09-22, 04:16 PM
It's not very exiting, but it works.

Electrode Spider 1 r/u r/u

Creature- Spider
t: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature.
r/u: untap~. Activate this only if ~ was taped for its other ability. If this is the third time you have activated this this turn, transform~.
Its appearance in Ininstrad is out of place.

1/2
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Zerek's Recluse

Creature- Spider Weird

Haste, Reach, immobilize(when this deals dmg to another creature, tap the other creature.

5/4

Challenge: A MTG card idea you have had for a long time but haven't gotten a chance to post it or anything similar.

Jormengand
2015-09-22, 05:14 PM
It's fine balance-wise, but there's too much going on here. Immobilise is a useless ability except against vigilance - either they just tapped, or they're just about to untap.

Baron of the Damned 2BB
Legendary Creature - Demon Knight R
If a creature you control would die, it dies twice instead.
They never stay dead, of course, but it was a nice thought.
2/4

Seer of the Soulless 2WW
Legendary Creature - Spirit Advisor R
Whenever an enchantment would enter the battlefield under your control, it enters the battlefield twice instead.
2/4

Lord of the Thoughtful 2UU
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard R
Whenever you would draw a card, draw it twice instead. (You draw the same one card twice.)
2/4

Disciple of the Lost 2PP
Legendary Creature - Purgator Wizard R
Whenever a permanent you control would be exiled, it's exiled twice instead.
2/4

Master of the Forsaken 2RR
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior R
Whenever a creature you control would enter the battlefield, it enters the battlefield twice instead.
2/4

Guardian of the Forgotten 2GG
Legendary Creature - Human Archer R
Whenever a land you control would enter the battlefield, it enters the battlefield twice instead.
2/4

Master of the forsaken and champion of the parish is best combo. :smalltongue:

Next: Another card which is mainly a combo piece.

Passive Pete
2015-09-22, 05:26 PM
Oh my god. I love it. My favorite part is how it totally looks like an un card, but could actually work. I think. It could create problems with certain mechanics, such as undying. I can't really guess its power level because there isn't really a lot to compare it to, but well done.

Urza's Power Grid 4
Artifact (U)
Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield under your control, you may untap up to two target artifacts.

Challenge: Esper colored big creature. No sphinxes.

r2d2go
2015-09-23, 01:41 PM
Oh my god. I love it. My favorite part is how it totally looks like an un card, but could actually work. I think. It could create problems with certain mechanics, such as undying. I can't really guess its power level because there isn't really a lot to compare it to, but well done.

Urza's Power Grid 4
Artifact (U)
Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield under your control, you may untap up to two target artifacts.

Challenge: Esper colored big creature. No sphinxes.

This just screams combo :smallbiggrin: a Sol Ring or Thran Dynamo plus a Nuisance Engine, Mimic Vat, or a Shrine of Loyal Legions (plus any white spell) and get infinite dudes. Mana Vault and Grim Monolith are similarly insane. I... don't know if this should exist, but if it did, it'd probably be rare :smalltongue:

Supreme Overseer 2WUUB
Creature - Vedalken Artificer
T - Choose One:
-Counter target spell unless its owner pays 3.
-Return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.
-~ gains Intimidate until end of turn.
-~ gains Hexproof until end of turn.
-~ gains Lifelink until end of turn.
Sacrifice an artifact - Untap ~.
4/4

Challenge: Another modular creature. Bonus points if it could be in a cycle with this one.

Warmatt
2015-09-23, 01:54 PM
A pretty good creature, though seems just a bit.. damn. Particularly the second 'choose one', that is seriously badass :smallbiggrin:

Bulwark Veteran 3WWGR
Artifact Creature- Solider R
As long as you have Devotion to White 5, creatures you control have Battlecry and Absorb 2
As Long as you have Devotion to Green 5, creatures you control have Reach and First Strike
As long as you have Devotion to Red 5, creatures you control have Modular 3 (When ~ is destroyed, place a total of 3 +1/+1 counters on creatures you control)
3/3

Next Challenge; Something with Either Modular or Devotion.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-23, 04:03 PM
Okay, so this uses four different nonevergreen mechanics from four different sets. That would entail an environment in which all those mechanics are present. Furthermore, there is no rhyme or reason to why it grants what it does. There's no synergy there. It requires three different colors of devotion, which is not reasonable to pull off. Its effects are symmetric, but its mana cost is not. First strike is not green. And modular does not work that way. Sorry, this card just does not work.

Plague-Borne Strength G/P G/P
Instant (C)
Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is your devotion to Phyrexia. (Your devotion to Phyrexian is the total amount of Phyrexian mana symbols in the mana costs of creatures you control.)

Next: Something with gameplay that evokes terror.

Warmatt
2015-09-23, 06:38 PM
Eh, personally, it might be a good bit easier, or at least sort of picking and choosing what abilities you want to use, or try and take advantage of. White Devotion, pumps up your White Token decks, allowing the buggers to hot harder, and take more of a beating. The Green one is the Defensive one, along with Anti-flying. As for Modular, X +1/+1 tokens, and you get to divvy them up, from what I know about it, making it good for the hard hitting, but easily dying Red.

As for Plague-Borne Strength? Really nice boost, similar to a lot of Green instant speed boosts, but with that dark Phyexian theme, that allows it to fit into almost any deck, as long as they are willing to pay the price.

Carnage Fiend RRBB
Enchantment Creature- Demon R
Haste
When Carnage Fiend destroys a creature, you may regenerate ~ and fight target creature.
Threshold- Whenever a creature is destroyed, choose one;
Non-Demon creatures have -2/-0 until the end of the turn
Gain 2 life (You have Threshold as long as seven or more cards in your graveyard)
3/3

Next challenge; A Demon or Angel

r2d2go
2015-09-23, 10:32 PM
So, the usual "creatures don't destroy creatures" thing. However, if it worked as intended... it's poorly colored, overly complex, and very volatile. The first ability is green, the modular option, blue and white, which is everything except the colors you have. If it does manage to hit something, it can blow up the entire enemy board, jumping from dude to dude. I would make this...

Carnage Fiend WRRB
Creature - Demon R
Haste, Lifelink
T - ~ deals 2 damage to target creature. If that creature dies this turn, untap ~.
3/3

Might need 1 more cost (maybe 2WRB) but that's the idea. Simplify, match the colors.

Lamb 2WB
Legendary Creature - Spirit Angel R
T, WB, discard a card - Exile target creature. You may return it to the battlefield under its owner's control. Transform ~.
2/2

Wolf
Legendary Creature - Spirit Demon R
Q, WB, discard a card - Destroy target creature blocking ~. Transform ~.
5/3

Q is the untap symbol.

Kindred 1WWBB
Legendary Creature - Angel Demon R
T, WW - Exile target creature. You may return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Q, BB - Destroy target creature blocking ~. Regenerate ~.
4/4

Here's a cool clip on them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=26&v=J6dGqLyUTtg

Challenge: Another card inspired by another game.

braveheart
2015-09-24, 02:23 AM
So the first ability is your choice between a flicker and an exile removal, then flip. An eye second side lets you u tap it to kill something in its way, then throbs form. It's not bad, but it's not rely that good either, prinrable though

Hylean Hero 2G
Legendary Creature - Human - R
Menace
2GT: destroy target creature with power 5 or greater, put a +1/+1 counter on ~
2/2

Make a flying creature

Warmatt
2015-09-24, 09:11 AM
Overall, fairly nice card, though I don't know what Menace is :smallredface: Other then that, it destroys big creatures and makes itself tougher? I like the little bugger:smallbiggrin:

Foul Squawker 2BU
Enchantment Creature- Bird UR
Flying
Discard a card- ~ gains Wither until the end of turn
Remove X -1/-1 counters from creatures opponent controls- Scry X and draw a card
"It feeds off the suffering it causes, but knows every dark and foul secret as it gathers them to itself."
1/2

Challenge; Something with Scry

necrochicken
2015-09-24, 10:53 AM
Skaloroth, preemptive Shifter 1UBW

Planeswalker- Skaloroth

+1: Scry 2.
-2: Draw 2 cards, then discard a cars, then untap target permanent.
-10: Scry 20, than Draw 10 cards.

CHALLENGE: Jund goodness. Or esper. Bonus pts for both.

Warmatt
2015-09-24, 11:36 AM
A rather.. interesting scrying planeswalker. Decent, though rather... simple.

Bound by Logic 2UBW
Enchantment R
Whenever enchanted creature Taps or Untaps, it's controlling player places the top two cards of their library into the graveyard.
Enchanted Creature has Threshold; Exile a card from your graveyard. You gain life equal to the exiled cards converted mana cost. This ability can only be activated once every turn as a sorcery.
When the Enchanted Creature leaves the field, transform ~.
"We are bound by chains of logic, shackling our potential, locking away those darker parts of ourselves...."
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Inner Demons 2RGB
Enchantment Creature- Demon R
Trample, Devour 3 (When ~ enters play, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. For each creature sacrificed, place 3 +1/+1 counters on ~)
Sacrifice a permanent and choose one;
~ Fights target creature
~ gains +X/+0 until the end of turn, where X is the number of cards in the graveyard
When ~ would leave the field, transform it.
"Our inner demons lurk just below the surface, but sometimes? They can get violent."
4/2

Yes, it transforms from a enchantment that burns the other player, to being a bruiser to beat things down. Or from bruiser to deck burner.

Jormengand
2015-09-24, 12:09 PM
You seriously need to work on getting your point across in fewer abilities. And on actually setting challenges.

Mysterious Challenger 3UR
Creature - Knight R
Whenever you cast a trap by paying an alternate cost, you may search your hand and library for any number of cards with the same name and cast them without paying their mana costs.
You need not know my name. All you need to know is that I am dangerous.
3/3

Next: A colourless nonpermanent.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-24, 01:05 PM
Fancy. This is a really nice design. Does something unique and awesome. I like it.

Spreading Blight 4
Sorcery (U)
For each exiled card target opponent owns, that player exiles the top card of his or her library.

Next: A legendary spider.

Warmatt
2015-09-24, 03:30 PM
That is damn useful in a white deck, as a awesome deck burner, and a deny tactic :smallbiggrin:

Shelob 3BBGG
Legendary Creature- Spider MR
Reach, Wither
Creatures your opponent controls with -1/-1 counters do not untap during the untap step.
When a creature your opponent controls with a -1/-1 counter is destroyed, choose one;
Place X +1/+1 counters on ~, where X is the number of spiders on the field
Place two 1/1 Black/Green Spider Creature Tokens with Reach onto the field
"She spins her webs in darkness, foul and cruel, bloated with the juices and meat of those that dare her lair...."
6/5

Next; A Enchantment Land

Passive Pete
2015-09-24, 04:20 PM
Probably too many abilities for one creature. I will give you credit, though, for at least making all the abilities fit together very nicely. Other than that, "doesn't untap" is a more blue ability, I'm pretty sure. Add blue and maybe simplifying the second ability, and I think this guy could turn out really neat.

Heliod's Shining Gardens
Enchantment Land R
T: Add 1 to your mana pool
1WG, T: Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of enchantments you control

Pretty much a white-green Kessig Wolf Run.

EDIT: Yeahp, just realized Heliod isn't W/G. Oh well.

Challenge: Three color something that buffs your dudes. Creature, anthem, combat trick, your choice.

r2d2go
2015-09-24, 04:57 PM
Probably too many abilities for one creature. I will give you credit, though, for at least making all the abilities fit together very nicely. Other than that, "doesn't untap" is a more blue ability, I'm pretty sure. Add blue and maybe simplifying the second ability, and I think this guy could turn out really neat.

Heliod's Shining Gardens
Enchantment Land R
T: Add 1 to your mana pool
1WG, T: Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of enchantments you control

Pretty much a white-green Kessig Wolf Run.

EDIT: Yeahp, just realized Heliod isn't W/G. Oh well.

Challenge: Three color something that buffs your dudes. Creature, anthem, combat trick, your choice.
Well, all you need to do is call it "Karametra's" :smalltongue: It's probably fine, obviously pretty good in an enchantment deck, though with a lot of the older ones you might not want the colorless mana due to heavy color weights. Might be better in general (more useable in older formats and newer formats) as ETB tapped, makes W and G.

How about... all three? :smallbiggrin:

Aven Interceptor 1WUG
Creature - Aven Soldier U
Flash, Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, choose one:
Target creature gets +1/+1 for each creature you control until end of turn.
Each creature you control gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

Challenge: Something else that's fast, in some way.

necrochicken
2015-09-24, 04:59 PM
Meh, is good.

Wonky tactics 3u/b u/w u/r

Instant

Counter target nonpermanent spell.
Target blacking creature gets +5/+0 Until end of turn.
Target attacking creature gets +0/+5 until End of turn.
Exile all cards from all hands and graveyards.
Loose 3 life and draw a card.

CHALLENGE: A card based on you!

Warmatt
2015-09-24, 05:07 PM
A very strange card :smallconfused:

Crazy Matt 3(W/R)(B/G)
Legendary Snow Creature- Canadian MR
Lifelink, Trample
Pay 2 life; Place a 1/2 Black/White American Dupe creature token into play
Sacrifice a creature; Place a +1/+1 counter on ~
"Step one, get the idiots down south to fight for me. Step two, use them up."
2/4

Challenge; A card that makes fun of Americans.... or a Canadian Card.

Jormengand
2015-09-24, 05:11 PM
Well, apart from being shockingly racist and the fact that the two abilities combine to give it a massive power boost (go sneak doublestrike on it to refund all your life), and 2 life for a 1/2 is probably too good... yeah, don't see this working.

Maple Leaf Storm 3GG
Sorcery - R
Destroy each creature with flying.
Our symbol is also a deadly weapon in our time of need.

Next: A card based on you... but a non-permanent.

Zaydos
2015-09-24, 05:32 PM
Maple Leaf Storm 3GG
Sorcery - R
Destroy each creature with flying.
Our symbol is also a deadly weapon in our time of need.

Given Gruul Charm is an instant which costs RG and does 3 to each, I'd say as a rare sorcery this could probably get away with 2GG. Not 100% sure it shouldn't be a 5 drop, though. Good card.

Next: A card based on you... but a non-permanent.

Zaydos's Monstrous Creation 4GGG
Sorcery - MR
Choose one:
Search your library for 2 creatures with the same name and put them onto the battlefield.
Search your library for 4 dragon creatures with the same name and put them onto the battlefield.

Challenge: Make a plant dragon or dragon plant.

Warmatt
2015-09-24, 06:12 PM
A very nice draconic search and drop, that works really nice the more copies you have in your deck. Really nice, and can get the exploding going.

Rotbrough Wyrm 4GGBBRR
Creature- Zombie Dragon Plant MR
Flying, Wither, Devour 5
When a creature is placed into a graveyard, you may pay BBGG. If you do so, return it to the field under your control. It is a Black/Green Plant Zombie, in addition to it's other types and colors.
Exile a creature from the graveyard; Place X +1/+1 counters on, where X is the exiled creatures toughness.
"It is rot shaped like a dragon, around the bones it had in life. Or is it a dragons bones, with an armored hide pf death and decay in place of scales?"
0/0

Next; A 0/0 creature

r2d2go
2015-09-24, 09:11 PM
Pretty decent, though not very red. The only semblance of red is in the Devour, but that's also Green's domain, so this could just be G/B. It's extremely powerful, but has few protections and doesn't easily win you the game instantly (your opponent can probably chump block, so this is basically "big/big") and thus probably wouldn't be played. Cut out the red, tone done the P/T, maybe reword a few things, maybe add trample, and it'd probably be printable :smalltongue:

Rotbrough Wyrm 4GGBB
Creature - Dragon Zombie Plant MR
Flying, Wither, Trample
Whenever ~ or another creature is put into a graveyard, you may pay GGBB. If you do, return it to the battlefield under your control. It is a green black zombie plant in addition to its other types.
Exile a creature from a graveyard: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
5/5

Platewelder 5
Artifact Creature - Construct U
Modular 3
W, remove a +1/+1 counter from ~: The next time target creature would take damage, it doesn't. If that creature is another artifact creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
0/0

Challenge: Another construct, of some sort.

Warmatt
2015-09-24, 09:25 PM
A nice little construct, that weakens itself to save itself, and can be dissembled later.

Oil Hog-Engine 6
Artifact Creature- Construct U
At the beginning of your upkeep, re move a +1/+1 counter from ~
As long as ~ has five +1/+1 counters, ~ has trample
3- Place a +1/+1 counter on ~
2/2

Challenge; A permanent that interacts with instants or sorcery's.

Passive Pete
2015-09-24, 10:23 PM
Seems ridiculously underpowered. You're paying 6 for a 2/2, and you have to pay another 6 each turn just to get it to grow. And the trample ability doesn't begin to balance that out. I can't see this working.

Ulamog's Mindcarver 8
Creature - Eldrazi U
Whenever ~ attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card your opponents own from exile. If you do, put that card into that players graveyard
6/8

Meant to go with the new Eldrazi in BFZ. Wording could probably be better, but I'm tired.

Challenge: A purple enchantment. Or, if you're not into that stuff, an enchantment that feeds into itself (token/sacrifice, draw/discard, etc)

r2d2go
2015-09-24, 11:28 PM
Seems ridiculously underpowered. You're paying 6 for a 2/2, and you have to pay another 6 each turn just to get it to grow. And the trample ability doesn't begin to balance that out. I can't see this working.

Ulamog's Mindcarver 8
Creature - Eldrazi U
Whenever ~ attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card your opponents own from exile. If you do, put that card into that players graveyard
6/8

Meant to go with the new Eldrazi in BFZ. Wording could probably be better, but I'm tired.

Challenge: A purple enchantment. Or, if you're not into that stuff, an enchantment that feeds into itself (token/sacrifice, draw/discard, etc)

I'd make this a 7/9 for 9 with Annihilator 1, probably - There's a few eldrazi cards that care about power 7+, and I think Eldrazi still should have Annihilator. In any case, it's pretty decent, managing to have eldrazi awe-inspiring size without being too powerful for the price and rarity.

Spiritfire Circle 2(W/U)R
Enchantment - U
Whenever ~ enters the battlefield, or a creature damaged by ~ this turn dies, put a Fire counter on it.
Whenever a creature attacks you, deal damage equal to the number of Fire counters on it to that creature.

Spiritfire Circle 2PR
Enchantment - U
Whenever a creature damaged by ~ this turn dies, exile it. Put a Fire counter on ~.
Whenever a creature attacks you, deal damage equal to 1 plus the number of Fire counters on it to that creature.

Challenge - Something else that has only triggered abilities.

Warmatt
2015-09-25, 03:34 PM
A very nice enchantment, that is really nice when considering token decks, and even some White/Green or convoke decks. Me like.

Staff of the Magi 3(U/B)(U/R)(U/W)(U/G)
Legendary Artifact- MR
Whenever you play an instant or a sorcery, place a Charge Counter on ~
If ~ has at least three Charge counters, you may add a sorcery or instant to your hand from the graveyard on your upkeep
If ~ has at least five Charge counters, when you cast an Instant or Sorcery spell, you may cast a copy of it for no additional mana cost
If ~ has at least seven Charge counters, when you cast an Instant or Sorcery spell, place X +1/+1 tokens divided among creatures you control, and X -1/-1 tokens among creatures target opponent controls, where X is the Instant or Sorceries converted mana cost.
"Made of solid magic, it was bound to the winds of change and mysticism, to powers undreamed. It is little wonder that every wizard and sorcerer that knows of it wants it."

Next; A Legendary non-Creature Artifact or Enchantment.

Jurai
2015-09-25, 04:46 PM
Starry Emblem of the First Hieromancer 3WW
Legendary Artifact- Equipment
Mythic Rare
1: Tap target creature.
1W: Untap target creature you control, and put a +1/+1 counter on it.

Equipped creature gets +4/+4, Vigilance, and 'This creature cannot be tapped by spells or abilities controlled by opponents.'

Equip 2 or have tapped a creature controlled by an opponent this turn from a source other than ~.

The First Hieromancer was widely derided by his contemporaries for not relying on the power of the gods. When the gods challenged him, they wagered against him and his allies, but lost. Afterwards, there were a hundred of hieromancers training under him.

Edit: thought I forgot something.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-25, 05:22 PM
An equipment needs an equip cost. An equipment having abilities not related to its function as an equipment is really weird, and probably shouldn't be done. The granted ability is quite cool, and I like it. If only there were a way to equip it to a creature.

I believe you forgot to post the next challenge.

Flood the Earth 4UU
Sorcery (R)
Shuffle all creatures into their owners' libraries.

Next: A card that makes use of commander rules.

Ionbound
2015-09-25, 08:18 PM
Dang. That is a mean, mean card, even at six mana. I'd even wager it's a little worse than destroy effects because there are a decent number of graveyard interaction cards, but almost no deck interaction cards.

We Have Reserves-4WW

Enchantment-R

Whenever a creature would be put into your graveyard, put it into your command zone instead. It may be cast from there as though it is your commander.

Challenge: Create a werewolf designed to be a commander.

Jurai
2015-09-25, 08:29 PM
Dorn Silverfang, Savage Warmaster- 2RGW
Legendary Creature- Human Werewolf Knight-M
If no spells were cast this turn, transform ~.
All other Werewolf creatures you control get +1/+1 per creature capable of transforming.
R: ~ gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
G: ~ gets Trample until end of turn.
W: ~ gets Vigilance until end of turn.
3/4

Dorn Silverfang, Bestial Warlord
Legendary Creature- Werewolf Knight
If two or more spells are played this turn, transform ~.
All Werewolf creatures get Vigilance and +2/+2.
2R: ~ and another creature you control get +1/+1 and Haste until end of turn.
1G: ~ and another creature you control get Trample until end of turn.
3W: ~ and another creature you control get First Strike and Lifelink until end of turn.
4/5

Challenge: Create a creature that can go toe-to-toe with the Eldrazi titans.

Warmatt
2015-09-25, 08:37 PM
I have little idea about commander, but I would be thinking you would need it empty first? Pretty good if so, a quick way to get reinforcements/recover creatures.

Hargan, Bloodclaw Warlord 3GRB
Creature- Human Werewolf Barbarian R
When ~ is in your command zone, humans, wolves and werewolves you control have +2/+2 Protection from White
Werewolves you control do no transform
When ~ enters the battlefield, transform ~
"He leads his warriors in blood and slaughter...."
4/3
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Hargan, Bloodclaw Alpha
Creature- Werewolf Barbarian
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may transform any werewolves you control. They may only transform back when ~ leaves the field
Werewolves and Wolves you control gain +3/+3, Protection From White and Double Strike as long as ~ is in the battlefield
When ~ leaves the battlefield, transform ~
"....But when the Blood Moon rises, they become a tide of inhuman destruction."
5/5

Next Challenge; Something else that transforms.

Nice Warmastster, with good transform sets, that can fit more then mine could. Eh. Still, overall, hits all the major wolf/werewolf colors, so makes for a good one.

God-Breaker Titan 12
Legendary Artifact Creature- Titan Construct MR
Protection From Colorless, Reach, Vigilance
Creatures your opponent controls lose Annihilator and Indestructible as long as ~ is on the field
For every Eldrazi or God on the field, ~ gains +2/+2
"Forged to fight the Eldrazi, it happened to fight a few gods as well."
10/10

Challenge; Something that transforms

Jurai
2015-09-25, 09:39 PM
Archon of Wrath 2WBR
Creature- Archon R
First Strike, Haste, Trample
~ is unable to block.
If ~ is enchanted, remove the enchantment and transform.
Enraged constantly, it seeks to bring suffering to all.
6/4

Archon of Peace
Creature- Archon R
First Strike, Defender, Lifelink
~ treats all damage it takes as 0, regardless of source.
Its heart softened, it seeks to bring peace to all.
4/6

Passive Pete
2015-09-25, 10:06 PM
Dudedudedudedudedude hold on now. First off, you gotta remember to critique the card before you, and also to leave a challenge for the next poster. That aside, I think your card is pretty neat, but I see a few things that don't make sense. I don't really get the transform trigger, for one, because you pay for the aura, and then it immediately fizzles. It also seems very strange that it would transform into a defender, because honestly I think I would much rather have a first strike trampler than a defender most of the time, especially when I have to waste an aura on transforming it. Overall, doesn't seem too over/underpowered, but again, I don't think defender is very appealing to anyone.

Hmmm... No challenge... Looks like I get to screw around some...

Thought Terminus 6UU
Enchantment - MR
Players play with their hands revealed
Players may cast spells from other players hands, and may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast those spells

Mind Control (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=mind+control) your opponents dudes before they even hit the board. :smallbiggrin:

Challenge: Another high CMC mythic that changes the way the game is played.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-25, 11:05 PM
Making it cost 8 is the right choice, since if it were anywhere near competitively viable, it would be absolutely miserable. As it is, there would be a niche for this, but I suspect that most people would hate playing against it. Might be too unfun at any cost, would be a real risk to print, but may possibly have enough of a niche to be worth it. Handle with care.

Erratic Portal Network 4UR
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player reveals cards from his or her library until a creature card is revealed, puts that card onto the battlefield under the control of another creature of his or her choice. then puts all other cards revealed this way onto the bottom of his or her library.

Next: An aura.

Jurai
2015-09-25, 11:30 PM
'Under the control of another creature'? What in Yawgmoth's Fantasy Robot Nazi Bootcamps does that mean?

Cognizance Blight 3UB
Enchantment- Aura R
Gain control of target creature. If the targeted creature would be destroyed by combat damage, you may attach this aura to an attacker or blocker your opponent controls.

NEXT: An equipment card.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-26, 12:45 AM
I don't know if I like the name, but anything more evocative would have to be really setting-dependent. The primary effect should still be, 'you control enchanted creature,' to help get across that your opponent gets it back if he or she Naturalizes the enchantment. I'm really not sure how to get the second effect to work properly. Maybe something like, "When enchanted creature dies, return this card to the battlefield attached to target creature that dealt combat damage to enchanted creature this turn," but even that probably has something wrong with it rules-wise. Either way, it's a really mean card, since not only do you suddenly get your opponent's best creature but you make it impossible for your opponent to run into it with a better one in the future. It's hard to tell what it takes for this kind of thing to be really offensive, though, and from a practical standpoint the thing you steal is more likely to die to non-combat removal anyway; the effect just feels strong, and that's good. It could probably get away with being mono-blue.

Looter's Sack 1
Artifact - Equipment U
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to another creature, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card unless equipped creature is a pirate.
Equip 0

Challenge! Make a pirate!

necrochicken
2015-09-26, 09:05 AM
Good! no problems I can see, It is actually very good!

Here is a pirate:

Skalorian sea-scourge 3ub

Creature- human pirate

Islandwalk, Vigilance, flanking
Whenever ~ gets blocked, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
3/3

And something cool:

Skalorian water- craft 2uu

Artifact- ship

(ships can attack. the are not creatures. treat them as 0/3s.)

Whenever ~ attacks, put a 1/1 Blue and black Pirate creature with Islandwalk onto the battlefield. ~ gets +1/+1 for each pirate you control on the battlefield.

Challenge: Another ship!

Jurai
2015-09-26, 09:25 AM
Why not just call it an Artifact Creature with 0/3? That seems like a ridiculous corner case to me.

Phyrexian Galleon 4B
Artifact Creature - Horror Ship U
When ~ enters the battlefield, all Pirates gain Infect until end of turn.
"Aye, laddie, yer in service to the Machinefather now!" -An uncharacteristically piratical Sheoldred.
3/5

Challenge: Make a creature that gets stronger if countered.

Ninjaman
2015-09-26, 09:42 AM
It's a wierd card and I don't quite see the use of it considering how infect damage doesn't stack with normal damage.

Your challange doesn't make sense, why would somebody counter a creature if it gets stronger, that is identical to just being uncouterable in the vast majority of cases.

Rhox Greatsworder - 1WG
Creature - Rhino Soldier - R
Rhox Greatsworder can't be countered.
Rhox Greatsworder has trample if it has a +1/+1 counter on it.
4/3

Another creature with a twohanded weapon.

Jormengand
2015-09-26, 09:45 AM
I feel some puns involving countering may be in place. It's fine: a little odd but it works, and such is the nature of the challenge anyway.

Orcish Halberdier 3RR
Creature - Orc Soldier R
First strike
When Orcish Halberdier dies, put a colourless equipment artifact called "Orcish Halberd" with "Equip 2" and "Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has first strike" onto the battlefield under your control.
4/2

Next: Another creature which does something interesting when it dies.

Warmatt
2015-09-26, 09:49 AM
Nice, gets a bump up for a 1/+1 counter.

Rampaging Ogre Headchoppa 3RRB
Creature- Ogre Barbarian U
Haste, Rampage 2 (~ gets +2/+0 for every blocking creature past the first)
Tribute 3 (When ~ enters the field, opponets may place 3 +1/+1 counters on ~)
If tribute was not paid, ~ has provoke.
3/3

A nice little card, that shows how to get it's pre-equipped weapon ^^

Draining Wraith 3BB
Creature- Spirit R
Flying, Lifelink, Wither
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a creature, place a +1/+1 counter on ~, for every -1/-1 counter placed on the opposing creature.
When ~ dies, place a Black Enchantment into play equipped to target creature with "Enchanted Creature has Lifelink and Wither"
2/2

Next; Something with tribute

Jurai
2015-09-26, 10:02 AM
Nice, gets a bump up for a 1/+1 counter.

Rampaging Ogre Headchoppa 3RRB
Creature- Ogre Barbarian U
Haste, Rampage 2 (~ gets +2/+0 for every blocking creature past the first)
Tribute 3 (When ~ enters the field, opponets may place 3 +1/+1 counters on ~)
If tribute was not paid, ~ has provoke.
3/3

Next; Something with tribute

Hmm... Not bad. The tribute is worded incorrectly, however.

Furious Champion of Kaz Karul 3R
Creature- Orc Knight U
Tribute 4 (When ~ enters the field, an opponent of your choice may place 4 +1/+1 counters on it.)
When ~ enters the battlefield, if tribute wasn't paid, it gains Intimidate and Double Strike.
2/3

Challenge: A creature that shares its properties with other creatures AFTER it enters the battlefield (i.e. a reverse-Sliver sort of thing).

Warmatt
2015-09-26, 11:42 AM
A potential 6/7 for 4, or could be a smaller thing with doublestrike, and harder to block. Me like it.

Exalted Hero 4(W/B)(W/B)
Legendary Enchantment Creature- Avatar R
Exalted
Other creatures you control gain Exalted
"By his glory, he exalts others, and feeds of the reflected power."
2/2

Next; Something with Battalion

Blue Ghost
2015-09-26, 12:53 PM
Sublime Archangel already does this, and does it much better.

Kasthi Enforcer 2B
Creature - Ogre Warrior (U)
Battalion - Whenever Kasthi Enforcer and at least two other creatures attack, if they are attacking the same player, defending player sacrifices a creature.
3/2

Next: A Ravnica card with a non-Ravnica keyword.

Warmatt
2015-09-26, 01:18 PM
A nice cheap battalion ogre. Pretty good, particularly in cheaper black decks.

Gruul War-Feaster 3(G/R)(G/R)(G/R)
Creature- Giant Barbarian R
Reach, Trample, Devour 3 (When ~ enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice any number of creatures. For each creature sacrificed in this way, place three +1/+1 counters on ~)
When Gruul War-Feaster attacks, place X 1/1 Red/Green beast tokens into play, where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on ~
"He devours all in his way, a pack of scavengers at his heels. Some day, he'll probably eat those as well."
4/3

Next; Something.... otherworldly.

Jurai
2015-09-26, 01:56 PM
Impressive. Useful, great in Token decks.

Achromatic Spectre 10
Creature- Eldrazi Horror Spirit R
Flying, Menace, Hexproof, Protection from Colored Creatures.
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may reveal an Eldrazi card. If you do so, Achromatic Spectre gains +X/+X, where X is equal to one-half of the converted mana cost of the revealed creature.
Even in undeath, the Eldrazi hunger and despoil.
7/7

Challenge: Make a Five Color Creature.

necrochicken
2015-09-26, 02:02 PM
Eldrazi are just eldrazi, not spirits or horrors.

Infinity Engine w/2 u/2 b/2 r/2 g/2

Artifact Creature- Engine

T: End the Next five turns after the next five upkeeps.

0/1

CHALLENGE: I wand ninja snakes with zombie mill! Also Land fall!

Jurai
2015-09-26, 02:08 PM
Eldrazi are just eldrazi, not spirits or horrors.

Infinity Engine w/2 u/2 b/2 r/2 g/2

Artifact Creature- Engine

T: End the Next five turns after the next five upkeeps.

0/1

CHALLENGE: I wand ninja snakes with zombie mill! Also Land fall!

It was supposed to be the ghost of a dead Eldrazi.

Deathbite Infiltrator 3(G/U)B
Creature- Snake Zombie Ninja U
When this creature enters the battlefield, send the top two cards of your library to the graveyard.
Landfall- When a land enters the battlefield, you may put a Black 0/1 Snake Zombie creature token onto the battlefield with 'Sacrifice this creature: Regenerate a creature you control.'
"Apparently everything in Zendikar hates me, even the dead." Tarok Gen, Kor Skyglider before he died.
2/3

Gandariel
2015-09-26, 02:24 PM
No comment on previous card, no challenge for the next player, your card lacks a P/T and is badly worded.

Zen fighter 1WR
Creature - Human monk U
When ~ attacks, it gains indestructible until the end of turn
2/1

Next: a card that costs zero

Zaydos
2015-09-26, 02:38 PM
Zen fighter 1WR
Creature - Human monk U
When ~ attacks, it gains indestructible until the end of turn
2/1

It's nice, has a use, is much easier to play than Predator Ooze, but even so I'd probably say it should only be WR since it is only indestructible when attacking.

Next: a card that costs zero

Possibility Matrix 0
Artifact U
When ~ enters the battlefield or dies it is considered to have all types while doing so.

Challenge: Something that cares about other things entering the battlefield.

braveheart
2015-09-26, 03:05 PM
It's good, but as far as I'm aware there isn't anything that triggers off artifacts being destroyed, also artifacts do not die the are destroyed.

Spare Parts Collector 2R
Creature - Human, Artificer - U
Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield, put a charge counter on ~
remove 2 charge counters from ~: regenerate target Artifact or Artificer
3/2

Another thing that happens when either you or an opponent does something

Jurai
2015-09-26, 03:25 PM
Temporal Aggregation and Manipulation Device 6(U/R)(U/R)
Artifact M
T: Put an Aggregate Counter on ~, then skip your next turn.
Remove an Aggregate Counter: Choose up to two, and each item only once:

Counter a spell
Your opponent skips the next turn.
Put a 6/6 Blue and Red Weird creature token with Haste on the battlefield. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next End step.
Ignore any effect that would make you skip your turn until the end of your next turn.

Skip a turn: Remove an Aggregate Counter from ~. Any opponent can use this ability.
This card cannot be affected by abilities that manipulate the amount of counters on a card. You may only remove one Aggregate Counter per turn.

Challenge: A creature that uses an Innistrad block keyword, a Mirrodin or Scars of Mirrodin block Keyword, and a Ravnica or Return to Ravnica block Keyword.

Gandariel
2015-09-26, 04:00 PM
You didn't comment the previous card, again.

Your card is.... well.
For starters it can't be printed, simply because it's way too wordy.
It's way, way too complex.
"Can't be affected by things that alter the amount of counters" is horrible writing that Is never used and never will be used in M:TG

And to top it off, it's weak because 8 mana AND skip a turn gets you... your opponent skips a turn and a 6/6? Why not juSt play a 6/6?

And also all of this is useless, because if you ever activate the effect your opponent can just skip his turn, so that you essentially paid 8 mana to do nothing

Anyways.

Junkyard colossus 12
Artifact creature U
Affinity for artifacts
Convoke
6/6

Trying to decide if this is under or over powered. Probably under.

Next, a card called "Seven-Sided Strike"

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-26, 04:39 PM
Well, development can adjust the cost to make it easier if necessary. The point is already pretty clear, though: three 0/2 thopters, three 0/3 walkers, *flop*. It's a very amusing card for casual play, and that's all I need to see. If you're trying to be super-competitive, it's hard to beat what already exists for fast creatures; this one is still, 'just,' a 6/6 for 0.

Seven-sided Strike 6R
Instant - C
Convoke
Target creature gets +7/+0 and gains first strike until end of turn.
Stabstabstabstabstabstabstab!

Challenge! Make a black or blue combat trick.

Passive Pete
2015-09-26, 04:51 PM
Wow. That card is a big deal. It's one of those things I'd play in almost any deck just to see the look on my opponents face when I play it. Does that make me a bad person? :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin: I'm not a great judge of combat tricks, but from what I can see this card probably works and would most likely be used, at least a little. Convoke probably balances out the 7 CMC, because red will have no trouble getting tokens to tap. Even with that, maybe lower the CMC by 1? I'm not entirely sure.

Ruthless Ransacking UB
Sorcery - U
Until end of turn, up to two target creatures each get +1/+0 and gain deathtouch and "when this creature deals damage to a player this turn, draw a card"

Challenge: A creature that can, in whatever way, grant other dudes combat tricks.

Warmatt
2015-09-26, 04:54 PM
That is a very funny take on the name :smallbiggrin: That said, a 7 for +7/+0 and First strike is... eh.

Psychological Warfare 2BU
Sorcery- U
Choose one;
Target player places X -1/-1 counters divided among creatures they control, where X is the number of cards in their graveyard
Target player places the top X cards of their library in the graveyard, where X is the number of -1/-1 counters on permanents they control
Cipher (Then you may exile this spell card encoded on a creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player, its controller may cast a copy of the encoded card without paying its mana cost.)

Shinobi Kage 4BWU
Creature- Ninja Lord R
Ninjustu 3BWU (3BWU, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.)
When ~ deals combat damage, place X 2/2 Black/White/Blue Ninja tokens into play
Ninja you control gain "X- Exile target blocking creature until the end of the battle phase, and gain +X/+0 and First Strike until the end of the turn, where X is the blocking creatures power"
"He is a lord among the shadows, a source of strength for his lord, and death to his foes."
4/4

Next; Something Fey

Jurai
2015-09-26, 05:04 PM
Psychological Warfare 2BU
Sorcery- U
Choose one;
Target player places X -1/-1 counters divided among creatures they control, where X is the number of cards in their graveyard
Target player places the top X cards of their library in the graveyard, where X is the number of -1/-1 counters on permanents they control
Cipher (Then you may exile this spell card encoded on a creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player, its controller may cast a copy of the encoded card without paying its mana cost.)

Next; Something Fey

Impressive, and very Dimir.

Hedge Maze 2(G/W)
Sorcery U
Exile target creature, and then put a creature token that is a copy of the exiled creature on your side of the field.
If Green mana was paid to cast this spell, the creature token gets +1/+1.
If White mana was paid to cast this spell, the creature token gets vigilance.

Next up: A living city.

Warmatt
2015-09-26, 05:19 PM
Ah, the classic Fey kidnap and mirroe copy, and a nice choice as well.

Averru 7RRR
Legendary Enchantment Creature- Numena MR
Protection from Red, Black and Green, Indestructible
T- Add RRR to your mana pool
RRR, T- Place a 2/2 Red Construct Enchantment Creature Token into play with "When this creature dies, deal 1 damage to target creature or player."
8/8

Next; Another of the Numena (http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Numena)

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-26, 06:08 PM
My grasp of the lore from the old novels is minimal at best, but why are these characters enchantments? I suppose your rationale is that they were worshipped as gods, but they could just as easily be planeswalkers or regular legends. At any rate, this card seems neither practical nor flashy enough to justify its impracticality. It gives you mana, but it costs 10, so you obviously already have that. It gives you more elementals, but why would you rather do that than swing with your unkillable 8/8? It could use some simplification and retooling, I think.

Midra and Pujari, Spirit Sculptors (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=40578) 3WG
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard MR
Whenever another nontoken creature or planeswalker you control dies, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature or planeswalker.
3/4

Challenge! Make a reincarnation-like effect, or something that targets a card in a graveyard.

EDIT: Point of order: Undying doesn't actually work on tokens. Once they leave the battlefield, they cease to exist. They're like the M:tG equivalent of nameless red-shirts that way. But, you can play another copy of this, lose one of them to the legend rule, get a token, lose the other nontoken one, get another token and lose one of them. Then you still just have one of these, but it's a token now, which doesn't make any difference but is really funny.

Or you can use Mirror Gallery, but that would just be mean.

1pwny
2015-09-26, 06:44 PM
That's.... that's.... pretty utterly terrifying. Well, in all honesty, it's scary but not overly much so by itself, when I really think about it. What actually scares me is how it scales with Undying/Persist decks. Your thing dies, you get a token with Undying and your thing comes back with a +1/+1 counter. Your thing and the token die, the token comes back with a +1/+1 counter, and then eventually it dies too. That's not even counting various copying cards and stuff.

In conclusion, it's probably a valid MR. Maybe still a tad overpowered, but what else are you supposed to do with a Mythic? :smallwink:

Cycle of Samsara 4WWW
Legendary Enchantment - MR
Whenever a Human creature you control deals damage to an opponent, a creature controlled by an opponent, or causes you to gain life, put a Karma counter on it.
Whenever a Human creature you own dies, put an X/X Human token onto the battlefield under your control, where X is the number of Karma counters on the creature that died.
Human creatures in your graveyard cannot leave the graveyard.
The cycle of Samsara is one of continuous birth, life, death, and rebirth.

Challenge: Make another card that's based off of mythology/religion.

Jurai
2015-09-26, 07:47 PM
Impressive, specific, and flavorful.

Solar Wolf 3RWW
Legendary Enchantment Creature- Wolf God MR
~ is an Enchantment unless your Devotion to Red and White is greater than 7

When ~ enters the battlefield, put three -1/-1 counters on all Black creatures your opponent controls. If this would destroy a creature, put a token copy of that creature on the battlefield under your control, with all references to Black replaced with references to White. This token is White.

All White creatures you control gain +1/+1 and Haste.
All Red creatures you control gain +1/+1 and Vigilance.

Challenge: Make a card based on a creature or spell from the Elder Scrolls series.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-26, 10:02 PM
There's a reason that the Minotaur God isn't actually a minotaur; there's literally no more room on the type line for that stuff. You also forgot to give it power or toughness, and to make it not be a creature while it's being an enchantment. Typing skills count, man! :smalltongue:

Anyway, the game doesn't really track what exactly killed a creature, since it could be some combination of counters and damage and whatever, and the effect is rather needlessly complicated right now anyway. Wizards doesn't like making this kind of narrow color-hoser these days, but if that's what you want, Wolfie should easily just be mono-white. Either way, you might be better served with something simpler to represent the concept behind ability 1 and dropping the mass buffs so they don't eclipse what you're going for.

'Whenever a creature your opponent controls would die, instead exile it and put a 2/2 white Wolf Spirit creature token onto the battlefield,' or something like that.

Nerevarine, Advocate of the Beautiful 2BB
Panswakler - Nerevarine MR
+1: Target opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
-2: Elf creatures you control gain lifelink and deathtouch until the start of your next turn.
-6: Gain an emblem with, "Non-elf creatures you don't control get -3/-3."
Loyalty - 3

Challenge! Make a blue creature with high toughness.

EDIT: But... but you made the challenge! 0_0;

Eh, it's okay. I don't really know what I was doing either besides making a Dunmer planeswalker. :smalltongue:

Jurai
2015-09-26, 10:09 PM
Impressive, though I'm not that versed with the lore.

Hoary Host 5U
Creature- Zombie
When ~ deals combat damage to a player, tap target permanent that player controls. It does not untap during that player's upkeep.

There are places in the multiverse that are so cold that death itself is warmer.
3/11

Challenge: Make something completely different.

1pwny
2015-09-26, 10:57 PM
That thing is... gigantic, to say the least. But while there are blue zombies, and blue creatures with low power/high toughness, and blue tapping cards, I feel like the design is a little off in this card. Blue zombies are generally Skaabs or similar, and while powerful come with potential drawbacks (such as self-mill and exile-from-own-graveyard). I could see this as maybe a black creature with the effect "When Hoary Host deals combat damage to a player, destroy target tapped creature that player controls" or something, but even then I may up the cost or lower the power.

Ah, whatevs. It's definitely an interesting concept.

And Now For Something Completely Different! 5
Sorcery - MR (un)
All players play an under-the-table sub-game besides Magic: The Gathering. Restart the over-the-table Magic game, except any players that won the sub-game gain 5 life on their first turn.
Any player that hit his/her head on the table loses 5 life at the beginning of their first turn.
"I draw 2, then play Jackpot to draw 3. Next I replace Play 2 with Play All, and then change the Goal to Death and Taxes. I end my turn."
"First, I use Future Fusion to send 5 Dragons from my deck to my graveyard. In 2 turns I get Five-Headed Dragon. Next I'll activate Dragon's Mirror..."
"Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock! Ha, paper disproves Spock! That's 3 out of 5!"

Challenge: Another reference to Monty Python. Or, if you don't know them, something relating to the velocity of an unladen swallow.

Jurai
2015-09-26, 11:12 PM
That's hilarious. Yu-gi-oh reference should've been Blue Eyes White Dragons, though.

Coconut of Swiftness 2(R/G)
Artifact- Equipment C
Equipped creature gets +1/+0.
If the Equipped Creature is a Bird, it gains Haste and First Strike.
Equip 2

"What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?"
"African or European?"
"I don't kn-AAAAAUGH!"

Challenge: 'Tis Merely a Flesh Wound.

Zaydos
2015-09-26, 11:18 PM
And Now For Something Completely Different! 5
Sorcery - MR (un)
All players play an under-the-table sub-game besides Magic: The Gathering. Restart the over-the-table Magic game, except any players that won the sub-game gain 5 life on their first turn.
Any player that hit his/her head on the table loses 5 life at the beginning of their first turn.
"I draw 2, then play Jackpot to draw 3. Next I replace Play 2 with Play All, and then change the Goal to Death and Taxes. I end my turn."
"First, I use Future Fusion to send 5 Dragons from my deck to my graveyard. In 2 turns I get Five-Headed Dragon. Next I'll activate Dragon's Mirror..."
"Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock! Ha, paper disproves Spock! That's 3 out of 5!"

You know exactly why this is annoying. Actually you know the several reasons it is. Feels like it should be White. The original was White wasn't it?

Challenge: Another reference to Monty Python. Or, if you don't know them, something relating to the velocity of an unladen swallow.

Coconut of swiftness is overpriced for what it does and in two colors unlikely to use birds.

Tis Merely a Flesh Wound 2B
Instant R
Return target creature card that was put into your graveyard this turn to the battlefield.

Challenge: Superman villain.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-27, 01:13 AM
That's actually pretty sweet. Recoup your evoke creature, or something with a big sacrifice effect? Already worth it. A question though: if you pitch something to the graveyard with mill or a discard outlet and grab it because the card was technically put there this turn, is that a problem or is that functioning as intended?

Galactus 10
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi MR
When you cast Galactus, each opponent sacrifices four lands.
Galactus can't be blocked except by exactly four creatures.
10/10

The Doomsday 4BBRR
Legendary Creature - Doomsday MR
When The Doomsday enters the battlefield, exile your hand and library, then shuffle your graveyard into your library and draw up to seven cards.
The Doomsday is Indestructible.
When The Doomsday is put into your graveyard from anywhere, exile your library, then shuffle your graveyard into your library.
9/9

...yeah, that one's pretty bad. Oh well.

Make another comic-book-based card!

braveheart
2015-09-27, 02:46 AM
Interesting card, but I don't know how well it would work, honestly though you are looking at a card that is too expensive to be playable, except maybe on EDH

Bruce Banner 2WG
Legendary creature - Human - R
If ~ would be destroyed you may pay G then exile ~ and return it to the battlefield transformed with 2 anger counters on it.
"As long as I can control it I won't hurt anyone"
2/2

//

The Hulk
Legendary Creature - Hulk - R
Indestructible, Trample
If ~ takes damage add a anger counter to it
At the beginning of your end step remove 1 anger counter from ~, then if there are no more anger counters on ~ exile it then return it to the battlefield transformed
"HULK SMASH!"
5/5

Something with indestructible

Jormengand
2015-09-27, 04:52 AM
Huh. But you have to keep on dropping red nukes on board to keep it raging, which is odd. I mean, otherwise it's probably fine.

Eternal Silence 2W
Enchantment - U
Indestructible
Enchant Permanent
Enchanted permanent has Silenced (That permanent loses all abilities except silenced, and its equipment and auras have no effect except granting Silenced)

Next: Something else with a new keyword.

necrochicken
2015-09-27, 07:35 AM
When silence Does its stuff to equipment? does the equipment stay silenced After being unequipped?

Dreadmurk Gharial 1 b g

Creature- Crocodile

Filthbirth b g (if you have not played this card yet and it's in your graveyard, you may pay b g and return it to the battlefield tapped.)

Shroud

2/2

1pwny
2015-09-27, 11:10 AM
Dreadmurk Gharial 1 b g

Creature- Crocodile

Filthbirth b g (if you have not played this card yet and it's in your graveyard, you may pay b g and return it to the battlefield tapped.)

Shroud

2/2

Well, for a quick note on style, it's best if you capitalize letters for mana, eg. 1BG. As for the actual card, it's pretty good. I can't judge it that well because you forgot to put in a rarity. I might put it at Uncommon, or possibly even Rare depending on the rest of the set.

You also forgot a challenge. :smallannoyed:

For Want of a Nail 7
Legendary Enchantment - (R)
Activate each of these effects at most during each of your turns.

If your opponent loses life, they must exile a card from their graveyard.
If your opponent exiles a card from their graveyard, they must discard a card.
If your opponent discards a card, they must sacrifice a creature.
If your opponent's creature dies, they lose 2 life.

Challenge: Another card based on a trope.

Jurai
2015-09-27, 11:24 AM
You're missing an operative word. I think 'once' may be appropriate.

Hammer of Seeing (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhenAllYouHaveIsAHammer) 3
Artifact- Equipment U
Equipped creature gets +3/+3, Vigilance, and 'this creature must attack each turn if able.'
Equip 2
"Garron the Blind found it awhile back, and now he's become the most prolific carpenter in the camp." Bruse Tarl, Goma Fada Nomad, post-concussion.

Challenge: make an Enchantment Artifact Creature.

r2d2go
2015-09-27, 01:21 PM
More missing challenges :P

I'll critique for now. It's pretty strong, probably too much, because your opponent has some pretty strong incentive not to block/kill the equipped guy - not only is it at least somewhat big (+3/+3 is a lot), but also, killing it just means something else gets it. That plus vigilance means the "always attack" is barely a downside, so this probably needs +1 equip cost.

Blood Lantern 4
Artifact Enchantment - U
Whenever a creature dies, put a Blood counter on ~.
Remove a Blood counter from ~: ~ becomes a copy of target creature in a graveyard until end of turn, except that it is an Artifact Enchantment in addition to its other types.
Creatures that share a name with a card in a graveyard get +1/+1 per Blood Counter on ~.

Challenge: Something else that interacts with a graveyard.

1pwny
2015-09-27, 08:05 PM
I would run 4 in my Relentless Rats deck.

This is from mobile, so it won't have my usual awesome formatting.

An Undead Apocalypse - 2BB
Enchantment - R
At the beginning of your upkeep, return up to 1 Zombie creature from your graveyard to the battlefield.
(Compare to Endless Ranks of the Dead)

Challenge: Something else creature-type-related.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-27, 10:49 PM
I am no zombie expert, but I know that there's at least one that you can sacrifice to tutor for more zombies. Fun! This one could probably get away with being a mythic, but it might depend on the set it's in. The same goes for the name; it's generic right now, but Creative will probably change it to something setting-appropriate for wherever it goes.

Woodwork Infester 2B
Creature - Rat U
Whenever you cast a spell, put a 1/1 black Rat creature token onto the battlefield.
1/1

Challenge! Make a noncreature spell that targets exactly three creatures.

Blue Ghost
2015-09-28, 12:51 AM
I like this. Starts out fairly benign, but can get out of control quickly if not dealt with right away. Feels just like a rat should be.

Circus Spree 2B
Sorcery (R)
Destroy three target creatures if none of them share a color.
The Demon's Head traveling circus is one of the most notorious Rakdos troupes. They never stop in the same neighborhood twice.

Next: Something physics-related.

Jurai
2015-09-28, 12:56 AM
A little obtuse and in need of clarification, and ridiculously powerful for the cost.

Singularity 3BUR
Sorcery- U
Destroy every creature with Power greater than 0.
"Even now, as time dissolves, is consumed, was digested, the suffering spares naught but the least among us."

Challenge: Something religious.

Tom the Mime
2015-09-28, 02:25 AM
Seems underpowered for a wrath effect. The extra cost and colours for a slight conditional effect doesn't seem worth it. Maybe in a control deck with walls but i doubt it.

Angelic Soul 1W
Enchantment creature - Spirit U
Bestow 3W
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and gains "T: Prevent the next X damage dealt to target creature or player this turn where X is enchanted creatures toughness."
T: Prevent the next 1 damage dealt to target creature or player this turn
1/1

Make a manland

Jurai
2015-09-28, 02:30 AM
I like it.

Liberty's Bastion
Legendary Land Creature- Avatar M
Hexproof
T: Add R, W, or B to your Mana Pool
RWB: Untap target creature you control.
When an artifact is equipped to this land, put a token that is a copy of that artifact onto the field.
"Four sets and seven blocks ago, our forefathers..."
2/3

Challenge: Something patriotic.

Gandariel
2015-09-28, 03:28 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
A 2/3 man land, which taps for 3 different colors, AND has three other abilities?

That is way overpowered.

If it were a creature it'd be worth 3 mana, maybe even 4. You can't just have that on a land with no cost whatsoever.

I also don't really like the fact that it has four abilities which don't really make sense with each other, and the card looks WU more than anything, but that's the least of my complaints.

Patriotism.. feels Boros, but I'll do something else.

Mighty Gruul Howl 3RG
Sorcery - R
Untap all creatures you control. After this phase there is an additional combat phase.

All your creatures gain +1/+1 until the end of turn for each creature that died this turn.

Next, a spell that costs 3 mana of the same color (like GGG)

Jurai
2015-09-28, 10:57 AM
HEYHEYHEY! It's 'Murica, it don't need balance. Also, what in chunk is a Control Phase? I think you mean either 'Combat Phase' or 'Main Phase'.

Angel of Penance WWW
Creature- Angel
Kicker 1W
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, you and all creatures you control gain Protection from Red and Black until end of turn.
If ~ was kicked, it gains Protection from Red and Black.
It forgives even the greatest of crimes, and scourges the unrepentant.
3/4

Challenge: AGRICULTURE!

Zaydos
2015-09-28, 11:08 AM
Angel of Penance WWW
Creature- Angel
Kicker 1W
Flying
When ~ enters the battlefield, you and all creatures you control gain Protection from Red and Black until end of turn.
If ~ was kicked, it gains Protection from Red and Black.
It forgives even the greatest of crimes, and scourges the unrepentant.
3/4

I like it in theory, but it ought to get a +1/+1 counter if kicked to help mark that it was, and not sure how I feel about the ETB effect since it lacks flash, might be better to give it Vigilance instead, as it would probably be too much with flash and the prot effect.

Challenge: AGRICULTURE!

Dedicated Farmer 1GG
Creature - Human Druid R
At the beginning of your upkeep you may search your library for a basic land and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
1/2

(thought about 2GG or GGG, because well Elvish Archdruid gives you [Elves] in G as well as being an elf lord, Gyre Sage is 1G and gives you [counters] in G, and Courser of Kruphix gives you the ability to prevent land draws more reliably and is +1/+2 for 1 more)

Challenge: A mummy.

r2d2go
2015-09-28, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I'd make this 2GG, or at least have some sort of cost (something like G or 1G, T). Not only does this get you a lot of mana, it also is a consistent source of Landfall, so even topdecking it late isn't bad.

Mummify 1BB
Enchantment - Aura U
Enchant Creature or Creature Card in a Graveyard
If enchanted creature is in a graveyard, put it onto the battlefield.
Enchanted creature is an X/X zombie with no abilities, where X is its CMC.

Challenge: Something with X.

1pwny
2015-09-28, 04:31 PM
I would probably run a copy or two in my zombie deck, but not really a game-changer. Pretty fair for an uncommon.

Hydra Spawner XXXG
Creature - Hydra (R)
~ enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Hydra spells you control cost 1 less to cast for every +1/+1 counter on ~.
0/0
Many hydras grow more heads. This one grows more hydras. - Khamal, Fist of Krosa

Challenge: A lord/king, in the traditional MTG sense of the word.

Jurai
2015-09-28, 05:30 PM
Frightening. Very, very, very frightening.

Aven Captain 1WW
Creature- Bird Soldier U
Other Bird creatures you control get +1/+1 and Vigilance.
"TO THE FRONT! THE GROUNDED ONES NEED OUR SUPPORT!"
2/2

Challenge: A sheep in wolf's clothing.

Zaydos
2015-09-28, 05:41 PM
Aven Captain
Creature- Bird Soldier U
Other Bird creatures you control get +1/+1 and Vigilance.
"TO THE FRONT! THE GROUNDED ONES NEED OUR SUPPORT!"
2/2

I assume it's supposed to be 1WW?

Challenge: A sheep in wolf's clothing.

Wolf Cloak 2GG
Creature - Wolf U
Menace
When ~ dies, return it to the battlefield transformed under your control at the beginning of the next end step.
3/2

Tasty Sheep
(Green color indicator) Creature - Sheep U
All creatures able to block ~ must do so.
0/1

Challenge: I now want fried chicken. Make a fried chicken card.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-28, 05:56 PM
"Whoa, wait, we do?"
It's a decent enough card. It seems as though it should exist already, but mysteriously doesn't. The cost would probably be about 1WW.

EDIT: At least ZD and I seem to be in agreement. :smalltongue:

Butt Hydra XXG
Creature - Hydra (R)
Butt Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Hydra spells you cast cost 1 less to cast for each +1/+1 counter on Butt Hydra.
0/3

Many hydras grow more heads. This one grows more butts. It's... still not a very efficient way of doing things, honestly.
- Khamal

Wooly Brushwagg 2(g/w)
Creature - Brushwagg C
Whenever Wooly Brushwagg blocks or is blocked, it gets -3/+3 until end of turn.
"From a distance, she's all like, 'GRAAAWR!' but up close she's all like, 'PWOOF, Baa!'"
- A small child, attempting to describe his family's prize Brushwagg.
3/3

Chicken Cannon 3
Artifact - ???
3, T: Chicken Cannon deals 1 damage to target creature. At end of turn, if that creature is still on the battlefield, put a 1/1 white Bird creature token onto the battlefield.

Challenge! Make another farm animal, or perhaps even better: something that turns a regular creature into one.

Jurai
2015-09-28, 05:57 PM
Nice.

Delicious Fryer G/W
Creature- Chicken U
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice it to give target creature +2/-1.
1/1

Challenge: An unusual elemental.

Warmatt
2015-09-28, 06:10 PM
An interesting thing, kind of similar to Bloodrush, but not.

Necrosis Elemental BBBBB
Creature- Zombie Elemental R
Wither, Protection from White
~ power and toughness are equal to the number of -1/-1 counters on creatures
*/*

Next; A heretic based off a God from Theros

Jurai
2015-09-28, 06:31 PM
Impressive. Very flavorful.

Argos, Heretic of Kruphix 2BU
Planeswalker- Argos
+1: Draw a card, then put two cards in your hand on the bottom of your library.
-3: Choose an opponent. That opponent exiles a card from his hand or library. You may play that card without paying its mana cost.
-6: Choose an opponent. That opponent gains an emblem that says "When you draw a card, discard two."

Challenge: Use your opponent's resources.

Zaydos
2015-09-28, 06:43 PM
Impressive. Very flavorful.

Argos, Heretic of Kruphix 2BU
Planeswalker- Argos
+1: Draw a card, then put two cards in your hand on the bottom of your library.
-3: Choose an opponent. That opponent exiles a card from his hand or library. You may play that card without paying its mana cost.
-6: Choose an opponent. That opponent gains an emblem that says "When you draw a card, discard two."

+1 is too weak, should be at most 1 card. -3 should be the top card of his library and might be overpowered, should probably make you have to pay mana equal to its CMC. The -6 would be OP at opponent cannot draw cards and this is significantly worse for them.

Challenge: Use your opponent's resources.

Stolen Harvest GB
Sorcery U
Add mana to your mana pool in any combination of colors equal to the number of tapped lands target player controls.

Challenge: An ooze.

Jurai
2015-09-28, 06:56 PM
True, but I don't typically run Planeswalkers. Or make them.

Congealed Madness 1B(B/U)U
Creature- Ooze Horror
Ingest
When ~ enters the battlefield, both players exile a card from their library.
When ~ is sent to the graveyard, you may cast any spell exiled by ~ by paying its converted mana cost.
2/3

Challenge- a castle, moving or otherwise.

Warmatt
2015-09-28, 06:57 PM
A good way to gain mana, without stealing ands, and all for a cheap, cheap cost :smallbiggrin:

Couch Potato 3GBW
Creature- Human Ooze R
~ cannot attack or block
As long as ~ is not tapped, creatures you control gain a +1/+1 counter each battle phase
As long as ~ is tapped, place a -1/-1 counter on creature you do not control each battle phase
"He may be lazy, but you should see what he can do by doing nothing."
0/6

A pretty interesting Ooze, allowing both players to get something later.

Moblle Castle 6
Artifact Creature- Construct R
Defender
As long as ~ is tapped, creatures you control gain +0/+3
T- Choose one;
Creatures you control gain Bushido 3 (When ever a creature you control would be clocked or blocks, it gains +3/+3 until the end of the turn) until the start of your next turn
Creatures you control gain Protection from a Color of your choice until the start of your next turn
2/8

Next; A silly/funny card

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-29, 01:50 AM
I do like the idea of a castle that can drop down to protect your attacking army, but the way it works now seems... clunky. Both of the choosable abilities overlap oddly with the toughness bonus, and for some reason it can block and tap before damage to hide inside of itself. I get that a simple 2/8 with, "T: other creatures you control get +0/+3 until end of turn," doesn't quite catch that Rare feeling on first glance, but when you actually play with it, you might find that it more than wins you most fights already.

Slidshock 1
Instant - R
Slidshock deals 2 damage to target creature.
Coloursickness - Unless R was spent to cast Slidshock, it also deals 2 damage to you.

Giant Lloyd 5RR
Legendary Creature - Giant R
T: Add U to your mana pool.
BB, T: Giant Lloyd deals 5 damage to target player.
6/6

Bogdor, the Swampinator 4BB
Legendary Creature - Dragon MR
Trample. (Bogdor, the Swampinator is not a wing-a-ling dragon.)
When Bogdor enters the battlefield, put a Swampination counter on each land you control without a Swampination counter on it.
Whenever Bogdor deals combat damage to a player, put a Swampination counter on each of up to three target lands that player controls without Swampination counters on them.
Lands with Swampination counters on them are basic swamps.
6/7

Challenge! Make a one-mana sorcery.

braveheart
2015-09-29, 03:48 AM
Bogdor is fun, but with the downside of all your lands becoming swamps he could cost less to cast or have higher power and toughness. That said he is s very fun.

Paths Forgotten W
Sorcery - R
Name a card, and exile target creature, that creature's controller searches their library for a basic land other than the named card.
Sometimes, when sent away some paths cannot be found

male something with two or more colors

Ninjaman
2015-09-29, 04:30 AM
What is the point? Being really good against mono colored decks? That seems like a pretty boring path to exile variant.

Izzet Mindstorm - 1RB
Instant - U
Each player draws four cards, then shuffles two cards chosen at random from their hand into their library.

Another drawspell.

Gandariel
2015-09-29, 05:11 AM
Hmm.
Instead of "pay 3 mana, draw 2" you gain a small chance of getting more useful stuff, in exchange for giving the effect to your opponent as well.
I don't know... it's probably fine.
Also, is it 1RB? B means black. Being named Izzed I assume it's 1RU

Last ditch UR
Sorcery - R
Name a card, then shuffle your library, Scry 2 and then reveal the top card of your library.
If it's the named card, you may play it without paying its mana cost. Otherwise put it in your hand.

Next, something else desperate.

r2d2go
2015-09-29, 11:43 AM
Doesn't seem very last ditch. Sometimes it works, but if it doesn't it's still only R more than Preordain. R for a 30-40% chance to get your biggest guy for 2? Needs to cost more or do less.

Self Destruct 2UR
Sorcery - R
Draw 3 cards. Add UUURRR to your mana pool. At the end of turn, you lose the game.

I figure it's on par with Final Fortune.

Challenge: Draw.

Jurai
2015-09-29, 01:04 PM
A little risky, but, then, so isn't everything?

Starving Artist 2BRW
Creature- Vampire Rogue R
When ~ enters the battlefield or deals combat damage to an opponent, you may draw a card.
1(B/R), T: Target opponent sacrifices a creature. If Black was used to activate this ability, you gain one life. If Red was used to activate this ability, your opponent loses one life.
1(R/W): Sacrifice a creature you control. If Red was used to activate this ability, target creature you control gains Haste. If White was used to activate this ability, target creature you control gains Lifelink.
1(B/W): Sacrifice a creature you control. If Black was used to activate this ability, return a creature from your graveyard to your hand. If White was used to activate this ability, gain three life.
"Prima donna..." The last words of Geralt Konrad, art critic of Thraben.
3/5

Challenge: A planeswalker!

Warmatt
2015-09-29, 01:12 PM
Ah, a sweet, sweet wordy and extremely complicated card :smallbiggrin:

Korgun, Veteran of the Blood War 4RRBB
Planeswalker- Krogun MR
+2 Place a 2/2 Red and Black Enchantment Demon creature token with Haste into play. At the end of the turn, sacrifice it.
-2 Target player places the top X cards of their library into the graveyard, where X is the damage they took this turn
-6 Place a 2/2 Red and Black Enchantment Demon creature token's into play for every creature in each players graveyard

Next; Something for a Scry and Die deck

Jurai
2015-09-29, 01:25 PM
Interesting.

Psionic Disinterment 1BRU
Instant R
Each opponent reveals their hand. They then discard one card and take damage equal to the highest converted mana cost of all creatures discarded this way.
"Sweet, sweet suffering. That's what I see in your minds, little ones, and that's what I'll inflict upon your bodies with that knowledge."

Jormengand
2015-09-29, 03:25 PM
So, you're spending 4 mana and a card to make me discard a noncreature? Honestly, that horrible lack of value almost justifies the instant-speed discard. I suppose if one of your opponents is sitting on enough life and wants to kill your other opponents, they can discard one of their eldrazi, but really?

Champion's Challenge 2GG
Sorcery - U
Target creature you control fights each creature you don't control.
I'll take you all on!

Next: Another sorcery.

Zaydos
2015-09-29, 03:41 PM
Champion's Challenge 2GG
Sorcery - U
Target creature you control fights each creature you don't control.
I'll take you all on!

Sacrifice a creature with deathtouch or which is big to fieldwipe the opponent? In mono-Green? Should be 4GG and Rare or 6GG and Uncommon. It's worse than Alpha Brawl... in ways... but Alpha Brawl should have cost less. Remember that it doesn't check state based effects until the sorcery is resolved, meaning it fights each before dying regardless of the damage it takes.

Next: Another sorcery.

Savage Betrayal 2(R/G)R
Sorcery - U
Target creature fights other target creature.

Challenge: X-Files.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-09-29, 04:36 PM
Hello, Deadshot! I missed you, how have you been? You've learned how to kill both creatures at once instead of just tapping one of them, and for one fewer mana no less? Nice!

Fo-X Mulder XURG
Legendary Creature - Human MR
Trample, Shroud (This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities. This includes YOUR spells and abilities.)
This creature enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Whenever you pay X, put X +1/+1 counters on Fo-X Mulder.
0/0

Challenge! Something that looks at the number of cards in someone's hand.

necrochicken
2015-09-29, 05:26 PM
Good? Possibly a little overpriced?

Knowledge is OH MY GOD I AM DYING. 3 B U

Instant

Choose a player. for each card in their hand, they put the top 5 cards of their library into their graveyard.

CHALLENGE: Rasputin, remake him.

Jurai
2015-09-29, 05:55 PM
That title is hilarious.

Undying Chancellor 2BW
Legendary Creature- Human Monk
Protection from Creatures, Hexproof, Undying.
If ~ has a +1/+1 counter on it, it gains Persist and loses Undying.
If ~ is exiled via Unearth, you may instead return it to the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
Unearth 4BW
2/3

Blue Ghost
2015-09-29, 09:41 PM
Sir/Madam, please remember to post a challenge...

Anyway, your card is horrifically broken, not to mention way too wordy and complex.

Silent Guardian 3
Artifact Creature - Spirit Construct (U)
Defender
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, tap Silent Guardian.
6/6

Next: Something simple.

Warmatt
2015-09-29, 10:15 PM
Not going to be able to do too much with it, but it might prove useful at some point.

Big Bruiser 3RR
Creature- Ogre Barbarian R
Haste, Double Strike, Trample
"Not much to say, other then he hits like a drunk ogre. Often, and hard."
4/3

Next; A healer creature

Zaydos
2015-09-29, 10:22 PM
Big Bruiser 3RR
Creature- Ogre Barbarian R
Haste, Double Strike, Trample
"Not much to say, other then he hits like a drunk ogre. Often, and hard."
4/3

Remove Trample and it might be reasonable, but even then you probably should drop the power to 3. Note that this (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=386526) is a recent card with the same CMC and doublestrike.

Next; A healer creature

Restoration Mycon GW
Creature - Fungus
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a spore counter on ~.

Whenever a saproling enters the battlefield under your control you gain 1 life.

Remove three spore counters from ~: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.

Sacrifice a saproling: Prevent the next 1 damage which would be dealt to target creature until end of turn.

0/3

Challenge: Shoulder devil or shoulder angel but not both.

Jurai
2015-09-29, 11:20 PM
An interesting idea, though Saprolings are underrepresented in current sets.

Corruptor Imp 1RB
Enchantment Creature- Devil M
Bestow 3RB (If you cast this card for its bestow cost, it's an Aura spell with enchant creature. It becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a creature.)
When ~ enters the battlefield gain control of target creature until end of turn and untap it. It gains Haste.
Gain control of enchanted creature and enchanted creature gains Haste and +1/+1.
1/1

Challenge: Create a card that goes where no man has gone before.

r2d2go
2015-09-29, 11:41 PM
Way overpowered. Even if you meant to make it temporary on the regular cast, still overpowered - The straight cast gives you a 1/1 over Act of Treason, and the bestow is arguably more power than Alluring Siren... but at 2 less mana.

Unexplorer 4RG
Creature - Shaman U
When ~ enters the battlefield, gain control of target land. It becomes a 4/4 forest creature in addition to its other types and subtypes.
Take your civilization elsewhere, city-dweller. The land is ours.
1/1

I figure adding red and 2 CMC to acid moss (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=118888) is worth animating the gained land.

Challenge - Something else that makes things into creatures.

braveheart
2015-09-30, 11:47 AM
Do steal a land and gay a 4/4 in the process, I gues it is balanced, right cost too, but I'd have made white green instead of red green

Mechanimator 2UR
Creature - Human, Artificer - R
Whenever an artifact dies, put a charge counter on ~.
URT, or remove a charge counter from ~: put a +1/+1 counter on target artifact, if it was not already a creature it becomes a 0/0 creature.
0/3

Something bad (as in weak and underpowered), that wizards would likely print.

Warmatt
2015-09-30, 11:54 AM
Avery nice card for an artifact themed deck, and there are a few planeswalkers to abuse it with :smallbiggrin:

Chump Change 3
Artifact C
Sacrifice Chump Change and choose one-
Gain 1 Mana
Target Creature gains +1/+0 until the end of the turn

Next; Something political

Jurai
2015-09-30, 11:55 AM
Neato. Now for Chimney Imp's worst enemyfrat brother.

Leanan Sidhe 5B
Creature- Faerie C
When ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card.
If you don't play a spell this turn, ~ deals one point of damage to you.
2/3

Challenge, another fey from the real world.

Democracy 3RWB
Enchantment- Aura System
While ~ is on the field, all creatures must block the same target and all creatures must attack if able.

Challenge, another fey from the real world.

Zaydos
2015-09-30, 11:59 AM
Chump Change 3
Artifact C
Sacrifice Chump Change and choose one-
Gain 1 Mana
Target Creature gains +1/+0 until the end of the turn

Wizards wouldn't actually print that. Maybe as a 1 drop where it starts to be somewhat nice actually.

Next; Something political

Demagogue's Speech 2BB
Sorcery U
Any player may have Demagogue's Speech deal 5 damage to them. If no one does gain control of target creature an opponent controls and another target creature an opponent controls, untap them, and they gain Haste until end of turn.

Aura system? That's meaningless. The card is also just not a good idea.

Redcap 1G
Creature - Fairy
Trample
Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ this turn dies put a +1/+1 on Redcap.
2/1

Challenge: Phyrexian mana.

Warmatt
2015-09-30, 12:07 PM
A nice little bugger, that needs a boost to really get going, but is a deadly little bugger.

Meat-Grinder 4(G/P)(B/P)
Artifact Creature- Beast R
Lifelink, Trample
Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ this turn dies put a 1/1 Green and Black Artifact Creature token with trample into play
"It grinds the bones, so it can make smaller copies of itself."
4/4

Next; Something for a token deck, or to counter a token deck

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-10-01, 01:27 AM
Makes sense. The lifelink feels like a bit much, but as a 4-drop the first hit is just making up for the life you paid, so it's... probably fine, but that's a Dev problem. I feel like the tokens need a more specific creature type to really sell this thing. What do Phyrexians use again? Colorless horrors? It would fit thematically with Phyrexian Rebirth.

Uncountable Numbers 2RR
Sorcery - U
Put X 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is the number of creatures target opponent controls. These tokens gain Haste until end of turn.
"Okay, I guess we are technically countable. Still, though!"

Challenge! MOAR GOBLINS!

Blue Ghost
2015-10-01, 01:45 AM
Not bad, not bad. You want 3 or 4 goblins to be happy with this, and you'll get that most of the time. I wonder if Johnny could do something stupid with this.

Goblin Mimic 1R
Creature - Goblin (U)
You may have Goblin Mimic enter the battlefield as a copy of any target creature, except it's still a 2/1 red Goblin with no abilities.
"Look at me, I'm Emrakul! Rawr!"
2/1

Next: Yet more goblins.

Jormengand
2015-10-01, 08:49 AM
This is a nice idea, but what are you going to do with it? Abuse biovisionary? Abuse the Brothers Yamazaki? Honestly, there aren't a great deal of neat effects you can pull off with this; maybe a discount relentless rats? But then, they wouldn't benefit from the ability, so it's not amazing. Because the legend rule isn't what it used to be, you can't even legendsnipe any more.

Experimental Weapon 2UR
Creature - Goblin Berserker U
Flying, Haste
“Probability of goblin survival: 3% (Acceptable)
Probability of scientist survival: 98% (Needs work)”
5/1

This joke brought to you by Rich Burlew. Call me unoriginal if you like. :smalltongue:

Next: More Izzet, or another blue guild.

r2d2go
2015-10-01, 11:01 AM
I think it needs to die EoT (maybe let it cost 1 less). As-is, there's a decent chance it becomes a hasty 4 turn clock. Would make limited players very sad :smalltongue:

Electroblin 1UR
Creature - Goblin U
Haste
When ~ enters the battlefield, deal 2 damage to target creature or player.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, if ~ is attacking, you may exile it and return it to the battlefield tapped and attacking.
Wheeeee!
1/1

Challenge: Something else that flickers.

Jurai
2015-10-01, 11:47 AM
Awesome, could be rotten with First Strike.

Candlelight Elemental RR
Creature- Elemental C
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may flip one card without paying the Morph cost. If you do so, flip it face down at the beginning of your end step
If ~ is the target of a blue spell, sacrifice it.
Even the smallest light can dispel the darkness.
1/1

Warmatt
2015-10-01, 11:54 AM
No challenge, but a very nice little card, able to use a lot of flip tricks.

Flipping the Bird 2UU
Enchantment- R
Whenever a card you control is flipped face up, draw a card, and target opponent discards a card
Whenever a card you control is flipped face down, Scry 2.

Challenge; A dementia caster.

braveheart
2015-10-01, 01:16 PM
Well that is very oppressive if you're running a morph heavy such, which no one does

WizWuz the Magicial Goblin 1RR
Legendary Creature - Goblin, Wizard - R
Haste
RRT: Flip a coin if you win the coin flip deal 2 damage to target creature or player, if you lose the coin flip you may discard a card, if you do you may draw a card
"WizWuz not sure how magic work, WizWuz just do things" - WizWuz
0/2

A legendary creature

Ninjaman
2015-10-01, 01:30 PM
I think it is pretty cool design, but it is just too bad at what it does, even with random cards generaly being worse.

Mulved, Infernal Bandit - 1BR
Legendary Creature - Devil - R
Whenever Mulved, Infernal Marshal attacks you may pay R, if you do it deals 3 damage to target creature defending player controls.
Whenever Mulved deals combat damage to an opponent you may pay B, if you do that player discards a card.
3/2

Another Devil

Jormengand
2015-10-01, 02:59 PM
That's not how "If you do" statements are punctuated. The first ability should read "Whenever Mulved, Infernal Marshal attacks you may pay R. If you do, Mulved deals 3 damage to target creature defending player controls." This nitpick takes the place of anything else negative I could have said about the card, because I'm not really sure there's a great deal wrong with it. Though, free lightning bolts scare me.

Leviathan Baphomet 3UUBB
Legendary Creature - Devil Horror MR
Whenever you discard a card, draw a card and you may return target creature to its owner's hand.
When Leviathan Baphomet dies, shuffle all nonland permanents into their owner's library.
6/6

Next: Another large blue creature.

braveheart
2015-10-01, 04:30 PM
Big scary blue guy with a board wipe on death, personally I'd have made it throw everything into hands, but shuffling them into the deck is valid too. Plus I'd love to combine him with some looting effects

Illusory Mass XUU
Creature - Illusion - R
Flying
~ enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it
If ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, remove a +1/+1 counter from it.
"Redundancy, I'd never thought to apply it to illusions before. It proves to be very effective" - Jace Beleran
0/0

Something with blue & white only as it's color identity

Ninjaman
2015-10-01, 11:30 PM
Is it supposed to counter the spells? Otherwise I don't quite see the point.

Icescape Familiar - WU
Creature - Bird - U
Flying
When Icescape Familiar enters the battlefield, tap target permanent. That permanent doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap step.
1/1

Another familiar.

r2d2go
2015-10-02, 01:45 AM
Is it supposed to counter the spells? Otherwise I don't quite see the point.

Icescape Familiar - WU
Creature - Bird - U
Flying
When Icescape Familiar enters the battlefield, tap target permanent. That permanent doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap step.
1/1

Another familiar.

It's pretty good, but could probably be straight blue. Not too exciting, but good filler.

I believe it's intended as a more resilient version of standard illusions, representing many illusions that can only be popped one at a time. Probably too much though, I'd make it XU or even a flat, say, 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 (avoiding overlap with illusory dragon).

Rabbit Familiar 1G
Creature - Rabbit U
Image: Two bunnies on either shoulder of a wizard.
1G, T - Put a 0/1 green rabbit token onto the battlefield tapped.
Tap two other rabbits you control: Untap ~. Add G to your mana pool.
0/1

Challenge: Something else that breeds.

Ninjaman
2015-10-02, 02:10 AM
It is probably way too slow to be of any use.

Rat Broodmother - 3BB
Creature - Rat - M
At the beginning of your upkeep put a 1/1 black Rat creature token onto the battlefield for each rat you control.
4/4

Another big lord.

somethingrandom
2015-10-02, 09:05 AM
That guy is considerly better than Marrow-Gnawer (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=50253) which costs the same and I have always thought was very powerful.

Keltor Kithkin King 5W
Creature-Legendary Kithkin R
Convoke
When a Kithkin deals damage to a player add W to your mana pool
T:Seach your deck for a creature with power 2 or less and put it into your hand.
4/4

Chalenge: Make a goblin artifact.

r2d2go
2015-10-02, 09:55 AM
Note that the mana this guy generates is hard to use, since it goes away at end of combat and happens after damage is dealt. Otherwise, well, it's pretty strong, but I'd like it better as say a three drop 3/3 without convoke. This one has the same problem as the 8/8 indestructible that tapped for RRR - the tap effect needs to be at least on the same level-ish as the body.

Gobby 3
Legendary Artifact - R
Image: A metal ball with a crudely engraved smiley face, being tossed around a campfire by cheering goblins.
Goblins you control get +1/+1.
T - Target player gains control of Gobby. You may deal 3 damage to a creature they control.
No matter how many goblins get knocked out trying to catch the thing, they still love it.

Challenge: Another legendary thing. Bonus points if it's not a creature.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2015-10-02, 11:09 PM
It really should just be called, "The Gobby." Then you can say, "Throw me the Gobby!" "You want the Gobby?" "Go fetch the Gobby, boy!" I also feel like there should be a version of this card out there named, "Dodge Ball."

It's quite silly, and probably much more amusing than it is abusable; it only hits creatures, so even if you do have the untap engine to use it multiple times, it's not a win condition. Development might still be worried about the cheap cost for a direct-damage artifact, though. After all, your opponent can't turn it back on you if you just won the game by killing a blocker with an off-color effect. You'll at least need to have it come into play tapped, I think.

The Bloodfester Throes 3BB
Legendary Enchantment - Aura Curse MR
Enchant Player
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player sacrifices two permanents unless he or she discards a card.
"They are stubborn throes."

Challenge! Make something small, but difficult to kill.

Jormengand
2015-10-03, 09:12 AM
That's pretty nasty; you're basically cancelling out your opponent's draws, and it gets worse if you pile them on, because your opponent ends up having to sacrifice all their stuff.

Shadow of a Doubt 2PB
Creature - Horror R
Indestructible, Hexproof, Outcast, Isolation (Shadow of a Doubt can't be destroyed, exiled, targeted by opponents, or affected by effects which affect "All", "Each" or "Every".)
1/1

Head of the Progenitor (W/B)(U/R)(G/2)
Creature - Hydra Avatar MR
Protection from everything.
Sacrifice 4 creatures called "Head of the Progenitor": Search your library for a card named "Progenitus" and put it onto the battlefield under your control.
The soul of the world sleeps.
0/1

Next: A large creature that's easy to get rid of.

Jurai
2015-10-03, 10:32 AM
Wow...

Illusory Apocalypse 8UU
Creature- Illusion M
When ~ is the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice this creature.
15/15

Jormengand
2015-10-03, 12:00 PM
You should post a challenge, and a critique which is more than one word long.

Challenge of the Forgotten 2WW
Sorcery - R
Each player chooses a creature with the lowest power among creatures they control and sacrifices each other creature they control.

Next: Another card which involves sacrificing.

Ninjaman
2015-10-03, 01:53 PM
That's interesting. I'm not sure how useful it is, but it might be good in control decks who only play a single creature. It would definately be a cool commander card. All around pretty neat design.

Sorin's Verdict - WB
Sorcery - U
A terrified woman with Sorin standing besides her, stroking his hand against her neck.
Target opponent sacrifices a creature. You gain life equal to that creature's toughness.
"Worry not my dear, for your sorrow will soon be away."

Another multicolered sorcery.

braveheart
2015-10-03, 05:04 PM
Creepy card, but it's not going to be to useful I. Most cases, maybe against certain decks it could help though

Violatiom of the Mind 2BB
Sorcery - R
Look at target opponents hand, you may discard a noncreature, nonland card from it, then that opponent discards a card at random
"Shhh shhh shhh it'll all be over soon."

I'm not sure I worded the first ability right

Something with hexproof

Gandariel
2015-10-03, 05:57 PM
Pretty straightforward discard spell. I think it's a bit weak, since I'd rather use the 1-mana version for targeted discard. But it would definitely be too strong on 3 mana, so I think it's fine.

Boros Spellsplinter 2WR
Creature - soldier U
First Strike, Hex proof
3/1

Next, a combat trick that has no white and no red in it.